• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Queen of the Underworld: Vote for Medusa's Homecoming Party!

majora_787

Smash Hero
1) A Magnus and Gaol alt costume for the Ice Climbers would be hilarious in the best and worst ways possible.

2) I unfortunately don't have the ability to provide a signature, but I voted and support the project, Pacack. :D

Pacack

Super Pac-Fan
NNID
Pacack
3DS FC
0688-5284-6845
1) A Magnus and Gaol alt costume for the Ice Climbers would be hilarious in the best and worst ways possible.

2) I unfortunately don't have the ability to provide a signature, but I voted and support the project, Pacack. :D
I'll get you put down there :D (Also, guess who made it into the card?)

majora_787

Smash Hero
That's pretty cool! :D

So I'm throwing this out there since on my "restricted" run of Kid Icarus Uprising, I just beat Medusa. And she seems to do a few interesting things I forgot about, such as summoning minions and petrifying them to use them as projectiles. She also uses a LOT of other projectiles. Wow.

DustyPumpkin

Smash Lord
NNID
DustyPumpkin
3DS FC
4038-5990-1614
Switch FC
0550-6678-6601
That sounds like a good strategy, Petrify a Foe then Throw them away
I think Medusa would have pretty good throwing power.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
That's pretty cool! :D

So I'm throwing this out there since on my "restricted" run of Kid Icarus Uprising, I just beat Medusa. And she seems to do a few interesting things I forgot about, such as summoning minions and petrifying them to use them as projectiles. She also uses a LOT of other projectiles. Wow.
These would be great additions to her moveset. Using her victims (even her own henchmen) as a projectile after petrification definitely suits her cruel nature.

Last edited:

majora_787

Smash Hero
She really seems like a trapping character after doing the fight more recently. No part of that isn't basically Medusa forcing you where she wants you with like five different kinds of projectiles flying everywhere at once.

DustyPumpkin

Smash Lord
NNID
DustyPumpkin
3DS FC
4038-5990-1614
Switch FC
0550-6678-6601
Hey, you know who's awesome.
You're awesome,
for wanting Medusa playable.
Props to you for having good taste in characters.

majora_787

Smash Hero
I don't remember, but I don't think anyone has come here saying "Medusa is too big" yet. I'm glad people aren't being THAT silly.

Pacack

Super Pac-Fan
NNID
Pacack
3DS FC
0688-5284-6845
I don't remember, but I don't think anyone has come here saying "Medusa is too big" yet. I'm glad people aren't being THAT silly.
If there's a Kid Icarus character that's too large, it's Hades. All the other large ones are smaller at some point somewhere, while Hades is enormous constantly. And I even think that's a lacking argument, since re-sizing is a piece of cake.

Last edited:

majora_787

Smash Hero
Palutena, Dyntos, and Medusa have all been shown to be normal size whenever they feel like presumably, so I don't think that's valid at all. Not Viridi though. She probably likes looking so big because of how short she is.

Either way, I wonder what a newcomer trailer for Medusa would look like? Probably utilizing that new Wii U stage for Palutena's temple where Medusa comes up from the clouds like at the beginning of Uprising and unleashes the Underworld Army on the temple before taking a more relatively compact form to start picking fights with people? I don't know.

Erotic&Heretic

Smash Master
I'm not good at predicting trailers, but it would be fun to see Pit, Link and Samus fighting (as they are all those 1986 adventure game characters), with Medusa appearing huge at first, disturbing their fight, just to see Palutena, huge too, telling her this isn't fair, and Pit being on Palutena's side (obviously). Medusa tells something (I have absolutely no idea what, maybe she can sigh and tell them they really are troublesome) then teleport with a normal size on the stage and ***-kicking ensue.

majora_787

Smash Hero
I dunno. I don't write screenplays, that stuff's hard and way out of my jurisdiction.

I have to wonder though. I mean Palutena, Medusa, and Pit all make some level of sense fighting in Palutena's temple. But literally NOBODY makes sense fighting in Chapter 11 of Uprising, which isn't even a particularly noteworthy location unless it ends up in a reset bomb. I can't imagine why they didn't pick something more... prolific than that. There are more interesting places in Medusa's castle than there are in chapter 11. But maybe it's just me.

TeamFlareZakk

Making Super Smash Bros a more beautiful world!
I don't want to see Magnus because I always think of the wrestler Magnus when I hear that name, I pretty much forgot about Magnus in Kid Icarus and then there is the fact that to represent the series as a whole, there are better character choices than Magnus, I don't even think he should be a Assist Trophy, a collectable trophy is fine though, but other than that, Magnus should not appear, that's what I think about Magnus, for some reason it does bother me some people still think he might be put in when out of all the Kid Icarus characters ever, Medusa and Palutena are probably going to fill in the second playable character and Assist Trophy spots, not Magnus.

We saw Viridi added as a stage cameo, which is fine, I hope she talks.

We know Dark Pit will return as a color scheme.

The question is if we were to get a second KI character, who would it be?

I'm thinking it's between Medusa and Palutena.

Even if say Palutena was the character playable I think she could have a Medusa color scheme.

I think Medusa should be included because that includes a villain from the KI series, even if she's just a Assist Trophy.

We can still hope to see The Queen of the Underworld maybe get the playable character spot though and perhaps Palutena be the Assist Trophy, but I think it's more likely Palutena will be playable with Medusa the Assist Trophy.

majora_787

Smash Hero
Though in all seriousness, I think it's a waste to make Medusa an assist trophy when she has so much potential as a unique character from the rest of the roster that Palutena doesn't quite have, as well as a number of other benefits. And if Palutena stays as Pit's final smash, what really changed from the last game?

And if they want to go for an assist trophy, that leaves an opening for something more retro like the Eggplant Wizard or something. Which in my opinion is way better than Medusa OR Palutena being shafted to assist trophy status.

EDIT: So guys. After this Final Smash potd, what if we see Pit's Final Smash is still Palutena's Army? :p I'd say that'd be pretty beneficial to Medusa at that point.

Last edited:

Erotic&Heretic

Smash Master
I have to wonder though. I mean Palutena, Medusa, and Pit all make some level of sense fighting in Palutena's temple. But literally NOBODY makes sense fighting in Chapter 11 of Uprising, which isn't even a particularly noteworthy location unless it ends up in a reset bomb. I can't imagine why they didn't pick something more... prolific than that. There are more interesting places in Medusa's castle than there are in chapter 11. But maybe it's just me.
Well, I guess it gives a nice stage hazard, AND Viridi's appeareance. I agree it's not the most iconic place... But it's cool to see Viridi.

Though in all seriousness, I think it's a waste to make Medusa an assist trophy when she has so much potential as a unique character from the rest of the roster that Palutena doesn't quite have, as well as a number of other benefits. And if Palutena stays as Pit's final smash, what really changed from the last game?

And if they want to go for an assist trophy, that leaves an opening for something more retro like the Eggplant Wizard or something. Which in my opinion is way better than Medusa OR Palutena being shafted to assist trophy status.

EDIT: So guys. After this Final Smash potd, what if we see Pit's Final Smash is still Palutena's Army? :p I'd say that'd be pretty beneficial to Medusa at that point.
I still think having the two playable is a possibility. I mean, people says Sakurai is modest and didn't put Dedede and Metaknight before Brawl because of that, but c'mon, just look at the japanese box art for Smash 64.

So modest that Kirby's is in front of everyone :troll:

Also, should I mention the proeminent role of Kirby's and Earthbound character in the Subspace emissary? :troll: Or the fact Dedede was planned for SSB64 and Melee. Along Pit, icendentally!

majora_787

Smash Hero
Sakurai isn't the creator of Palutena and Medusa, though. Which is the thing. If it was in the NES Kid Icarus, Sakurai didn't really have anything to do with it. Which is why I am pretty sure Palutena and Medusa both have a better chance than anyone new to uprising. Sakurai isn't inflating his ego with his own creations or whatever by adding those two like he would be if he added Dark Pit, Magnus, Viridi, Hades, Cragalanche, Phyrron, whatever.

Erotic&Heretic

Smash Master
It is his interpretations at least. But the fact he wanted Pit since SSB64 proves that he really consider the serie important. Like the fact Kid Icarus is along Mario, Zelda, Metroid, DK, Kirby, Pokémon & Starfox in the trailer. And on Brawl's box art. And the fact Palutena is the only non playable, non hostile character in the subspace emissary.

Kid Icarus, Kirby and Earthbound really get some love in Smash.

majora_787

Smash Hero
It is his interpretations at least. But the fact he wanted Pit since SSB64 proves that he really consider the serie important. Like the fact Kid Icarus is along Mario, Zelda, Metroid, DK, Kirby, Pokémon & Starfox in the trailer. And on Brawl's box art. And the fact Palutena is the only non playable, non hostile character in the subspace emissary.

Kid Icarus, Kirby and Earthbound really get some love in Smash.
I noticed that myself, particularly with Palutena being a major character in the SSE despite not being playable or a boss, as well as Pit being shown with members of the 64 crew on Brawl's boxart and the E3 trailer.Hell, he was shown more prominently than Bowser, who just kind of slipped in with a but stomp.

Last edited:

Dinoman96

Smash Master
Sakurai isn't the creator of Palutena and Medusa, though. Which is the thing. If it was in the NES Kid Icarus, Sakurai didn't really have anything to do with it. Which is why I am pretty sure Palutena and Medusa both have a better chance than anyone new to uprising. Sakurai isn't inflating his ego with his own creations or whatever by adding those two like he would be if he added Dark Pit, Magnus, Viridi, Hades, Cragalanche, Phyrron, whatever.
Some people think he might be self serving for giving a small series like KI another character just because he worked on it, though.

Last edited:

majora_787

Smash Hero
Some people think he might be self serving for giving a small series like KI another character just because he worked on it, though.
Well he was the person who revived it. If the series was 30 years dead I wouldn't call it deserving of even one character unless it was a retro addition or something. It's not particularly self-serving in my eyes, but maybe it's just me.

Erotic&Heretic

Smash Master
Considering Medusa's sideboob Palutena's fanbase (thanks to Uprising) I don't really think it would be self-serving.

I had to do this. It's my duty. (on a side note, it's perfect with the signature's limited size)
Edit: I'm so happy with this gif that I double posted. My bad :facepalm:

Last edited by a moderator:

majora_787

Smash Hero
That is definitely a cool gif. I would say it belongs in the opening post, but I guess we can't do that. :p

Erotic&Heretic

Smash Master
Well, there's a lot of topic with "new owner", or "under new management", so I guess it's possible to own the opening post. It really need some update, and it also needs to look more appealing! The title need some changes too.

We should just decide who is better for owning this thread :troll: I'd like to try doing this.

majora_787

Smash Hero
You go right ahead. I'd be no good whatsoever. :p Unless someone else wants to volunteer of course.

Last edited:

DustyPumpkin

Smash Lord
NNID
DustyPumpkin
3DS FC
4038-5990-1614
Switch FC
0550-6678-6601
I like to imagine in her Free-Time, Medusa put's tiny hats on her snakes.

DustyPumpkin

Smash Lord
NNID
DustyPumpkin
3DS FC
4038-5990-1614
Switch FC
0550-6678-6601
Even the hardiest of people need a lil bit of Downtime.
And lets not even get started on the possibility of tiny snake kisses.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
I nominate Erotic & Heretic as the new manager since he seems like a huge Medusa fan and supporter.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Hey, you can't vote for yourself just because everyone else voted for you! O:<

Also, alternate costume for Medusa where all of her snakes have small hats? Sounds good.
I'd rather have a Classic Medusa that's like this, but with green skin all over and a white gown. :awesome:

Last edited:

majora_787

Smash Hero
Yeah a classic Medusa costume would definitely be interesting to see. Makes me wonder though which would be more amusing; the Uprising's flying head transformation as a final smash, or the original's snake-shooting wall as a final smash.

Erotic&Heretic

Smash Master
I'd prefer the flying head FS (because it IS a flying head), but the Medusa Wall could also be fun, and a nice reference.

About the Monster Medusa alt, I like it, but I fear is not different enough. It can work if, for example, blue Medusa and blue monster Medusa cannot coexist, though.

majora_787

Smash Hero
The Medusa wall would mostly only be awesome if it was literally the 8-bit wall sprite with retro sound effects. It'd be like those stars from Super Paper Mario or something. But yeah.

At the very least I think a classic Medusa color scheme would be kind of obligatory. As weird as it would be to see the modern Medusa with green skin and hair and wearing white.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
I'd prefer the flying head FS (because it IS a flying head), but the Medusa Wall could also be fun, and a nice reference.

About the Monster Medusa alt, I like it, but I fear is not different enough. It can work if, for example, blue Medusa and blue monster Medusa cannot coexist, though.
Or just have the face more humanoid like her NES sprite. If you can incorporate non-canon material, pre-banishment Medusa from the anime (obviously with the snake hairs intact) would be nice.

With a character like Medusa, it would difficult finding the right outfit for her due to limited appearances.

Top Bottom