• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Queen of the Underworld: Medusa's Secret Hideout

Favourite commander of Medusa's army?

• Twinbellows

• Dark Lord Gaul

• Hewdraw

• Pandora

• Thanatos

Results are only viewable after voting.

Erotic&Heretic

Smash Master
Id say the differences could be for her

> Upsmash has pink/red/purple beam rather than blue
> Fsmash and Dsmash have black wings rather than pure white wings
> Jab has a pinkish/red/purple hue rather than blue
> Upair is either her snakes biting upwards or her rotating reddish pink lasers behind her or a upside down version of palus symbol or the underworld army logo (if there is one)
> Back air either lacks the shield completely or it has a dark magic shield
> DA either has a dark magic shield formed then and there or a new claw animation
> Final smash is copy and paste of samus but with her monster face/eye showing
> Explosive flame creates a purple fire
Personally, Up-Air without the snakes would be a missed opportunity.
Shield attacks can be punches, after all we do remember her uppercut than her claw attack (even though I'm all for claw attacks).
Final Smash is a copy & paste of which Samus though? Because a giant Medusa head shooting from the air like ZSS looks way cooler to me.

TeamFlareZakk

Making Super Smash Bros a more beautiful world!
Id say the differences could be for her

> Upsmash has pink/red/purple beam rather than blue
> Fsmash and Dsmash have black wings rather than pure white wings
> Jab has a pinkish/red/purple hue rather than blue
> Upair is either her snakes biting upwards or her rotating reddish pink lasers behind her or a upside down version of palus symbol or the underworld army logo (if there is one)
> Back air either lacks the shield completely or it has a dark magic shield
> DA either has a dark magic shield formed then and there or a new claw animation
> Final smash is copy and paste of samus but with her monster face/eye showing
> Explosive flame creates a purple fire
Maybe instead of wings, she could use those snakes in her moveset.. I was kind of wondering what she could do with some of Palutena's wing attacks because I never seen Medusa with wings.

Onua

Smash Journeyman
Just went to a tournament and people seemed to really like the idea of her and think shes likely!

How do you all feel her chances are? I personally think 70%

Arsh99

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Arsh99
Just went to a tournament and people seemed to really like the idea of her and think shes likely!

I know this is what everyone says, but after seeing Dark Samus I think she has a pretty good chance to get in. I'm very cautious of feeling too certain though because I don't want to be disappointed. We got an abundance of Kid Icarus content in the last (Magnus was in like 3 chapters of the whole game and he got in as an assist) so I think "Sakurai bias" will push her into the game.

I do know that some Viridi and Hades fans say that Sakurai doesn't care or even hates about Medusa, but I find that very unlikely. I think he just wanted to make a very compelling story, expand the KI universe beyond the 3 main characters, and do that amazing fake out with the credit's sequence (which worked out really well since we didn't have any idea of how long the game would be and expected Medusa to be the final boss) which is why Medusa wasn't the main villain.

Onua

Smash Journeyman
I know this is what everyone says, but after seeing Dark Samus I think she has a pretty good chance to get in. I'm very cautious of feeling too certain though because I don't want to be disappointed. We got an abundance of Kid Icarus content in the last (Magnus was in like 3 chapters of the whole game and he got in as an assist) so I think "Sakurai bias" will push her into the game.

I do know that some Viridi and Hades fans say that Sakurai doesn't care or even hates about Medusa, but I find that very unlikely. I think he just wanted to make a very compelling story, expand the KI universe beyond the 3 main characters, and do that amazing fake out with the credit's sequence (which worked out really well since we didn't have any idea of how long the game would be and expected Medusa to be the final boss) which is why Medusa wasn't the main villain.
Luckily Viridi has already been deconfirmed.
Medusa alt for Palu is missing
Her VA is suspiciously silent rn despite ppl asking her about things
Echoes were added and she would be one of the absolute easiest first party echoes to add
Shes a woman and one of the ONLY nintendo villains thats a girl, with the game adding more and more villains it helps her
Shes the last NES villain left
They still havent shown off Magnus and Phosphora, We saw Metroid and Mother Brain finally with Dark Samus trailer

She has a lot of weirdly suspicious things going for her rn. More than a lot of other characters do

TeamFlareZakk

Going all in and saying 100% on her chances, I'm feeling very confident that Medusa will be added and truly believe we will be seeing her revealed soon.

Arsh99

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Arsh99
Echoes were added and she would be one of the absolute easiest first party echoes to add
Shes a woman and one of the ONLY nintendo villains thats a girl, with the game adding more and more villains it helps her
They still havent shown off Magnus and Phosphora, We saw Metroid and Mother Brain finally with Dark Samus trailer

She has a lot of weirdly suspicious things going for her rn. More than a lot of other characters do
Oh I didn't know Palutena didn't have her colour anymore. I didn't wanna put my expectations too high for Dark Samus even though Samus lost her Dark Samus skin, but I think just that is pretty convincing evidence for Medusa to become an echo. Btw where did you find out Palutena no longer has her Medusa insp. colour scheme.

Also, I absolutely love Cree Summer. I'm so glad they got her to voice Medusa. I mostly play as female characters when given the choice so more are always welcome.

I like your positivity! Lets hope she makes it in. Kinda nervous she doesnt actually
I'm honestly really surprised Medusa wasn't represented in Smash 4 besides a trophy in the 3ds version. I just counted while playing smash earlier (so sorry in advance if I'm wrong) and we got 6 items, 2 assist trophies, a transforming stage with voice clips, the biggest stage in Smash history, the only character besides Mii fighters that has their own unique custom moves, an "echo" fighter, and unique victory voice clips all from KI. With this pattern of well done representation I'm sure Medusa will get in and she'll feel just like her usual self, even as an echo.

GoodShepperd

Smash Apprentice
Oh I didn't know Palutena didn't have her colour anymore. I didn't wanna put my expectations too high for Dark Samus even though Samus lost her Dark Samus skin, but I think just that is pretty convincing evidence for Medusa to become an echo. Btw where did you find out Palutena no longer has her Medusa insp. colour scheme.

Also, I absolutely love Cree Summer. I'm so glad they got her to voice Medusa. I mostly play as female characters when given the choice so more are always welcome.
We haven’t seen Palutena’s colors yet we don’t know whether she still has her Medusa color or not

dimensionsword64

Smash Champion
3DS FC
3609-1605-6649
I've wanted Medusa for a while, but I could never really get into rooting for her because I didn't like playing as Palutena, so I knew I wouldn't be able to play as her much if she got in. However, I recently started actually enjoying playing Palutena, which makes me twice as hopeful for Medusa.

D

Deleted member

What I hope for is that if they do Palutena's Guidance for every character now, which means re-recording, when Palutena comes around to Medusa, I hope it's something like this.

Pit: It... can't be!
Palutena: Yes, I'm afraid it's none other than Medusa herself.
Medusa: Aw, you sound like my presence is unwanted here.
Pit: I never got the chance to thank you for helping us defeat Hades...
Medusa: I didn't do it for you guys! I only did it because I grew tired of Hades constantly reviving me for his amusement. Did you two ever wonder how I came back at the end?
Pit: Uh...
Medusa: It's a long story, and I'm not in the mood to speed things up, so let's just say every time Hades brought me back, I was used as a guinea pig for whatever scheme he had planning. Did you ever wonder WHY the Chaos Kin was so powerful?
Palutena: I do not want to think about that thing ever again.
Medusa: Too bad.
Palutena: But... with Hades gone, how are you even here?
Medusa: I'll tell you what I told you before our last battle. I don't know, and as usual, I don't care. Now, if you two are just going to cackle like hens, I'm just going to finish you both off.
Pit: Wait!
Medusa: What?!
Pit: I always wondered... what's the other side like? Is it scary?
Medusa: It's difficult to explain, but all you need to know was that I preferred it over Hades.
Palutena: Pit, Medusa may not be as huge as before. But, she's still a dangerous opponent. It's almost as if she's copying everything I can do, and putting an evil twist on my attacks. Granted, they are nowhere near as cool as my own.
Medusa: When I fight, I'm not going for style points. Even a vain goddess such as yourself would understand that!
Pit: So, it's almost like I'm fighting a mirror image of you, Palutena.
Medusa: I'm NOT a mirror image of Palutena! I am my own being, you worm!
Palutena: Technically, you are...
Medusa: Grr...
Pit: Anything else?
Palutena: Watch out for her Final Smash! You do not want to be anywhere near her when that happens.
Pit: Got it.
Medusa: I've waited 31 years for this moment. I will savor destroying you both.

TeamFlareZakk

Palutena no longer has her Medusa alt? Thats a very good sign, Daisy, Chrom, Dark Samus they were are alts at one time and became echos soon after Peach, Ike and Samus no longer had their alts.

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
Huh. Didn't realize Palutena's Medusa color was missing. That is kind of suspicious. She's one of my personal favorite characters I'd like to see in Smash. I kinda hate the idea of Medusa as an echo though, she could really do so much on her own. Using her snake hair as her jab combo? COME ON! Still, I suppose I'll take her either way. Wouldn't say it CAN'T be done. Even a semi-clone would be better...

HarajukuNinja

Smash Cadet
NNID
harajuku_ninja
3DS FC
3523-3461-8281
A bit off topic, but I honestly like all of this talk about villains that's been going on lately and how Medusa's name often comes up as a potential candidate. It's good to see her being talked about after so long.

As for her chances, I'd say about 50-60ish percent due to the possibility of her being an echo and the fact that Sakurai has been strangely silent about the Kid Icarus related content aside from the staff. I'm trying not to get my hopes up too high so I won't be too disappointed if it doesn't end up happening, but I'm feeling good about her making it in this time around.

Let's keep our fingers crossed for our dark goddess's return!

Arsh99

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Arsh99
What I hope for is that if they do Palutena's Guidance for every character now, which means re-recording, when Palutena comes around to Medusa, I hope it's something like this.

Pit: It... can't be!
Palutena: Yes, I'm afraid it's none other than Medusa herself.
Medusa: Aw, you sound like my presence is unwanted here.
Pit: I never got the chance to thank you for helping us defeat Hades...
Medusa: I didn't do it for you guys! I only did it because I grew tired of Hades constantly reviving me for his amusement. Did you two ever wonder how I came back at the end?
Pit: Uh...
Medusa: It's a long story, and I'm not in the mood to speed things up, so let's just say every time Hades brought me back, I was used as a guinea pig for whatever scheme he had planning. Did you ever wonder WHY the Chaos Kin was so powerful?
Palutena: I do not want to think about that thing ever again.
Medusa: Too bad.
Palutena: But... with Hades gone, how are you even here?
Medusa: I'll tell you what I told you before our last battle. I don't know, and as usual, I don't care. Now, if you two are just going to cackle like hens, I'm just going to finish you both off.
Pit: Wait!
Medusa: What?!
Pit: I always wondered... what's the other side like? Is it scary?
Medusa: It's difficult to explain, but all you need to know was that I preferred it over Hades.
Palutena: Pit, Medusa may not be as huge as before. But, she's still a dangerous opponent. It's almost as if she's copying everything I can do, and putting an evil twist on my attacks. Granted, they are nowhere near as cool as my own.
Medusa: When I fight, I'm not going for style points. Even a vain goddess such as yourself would understand that!
Pit: So, it's almost like I'm fighting a mirror image of you, Palutena.
Medusa: I'm NOT a mirror image of Palutena! I am my own being, you worm!
Palutena: Technically, you are...
Medusa: Grr...
Pit: Anything else?
Palutena: Watch out for her Final Smash! You do not want to be anywhere near her when that happens.
Pit: Got it.
Medusa: I've waited 31 years for this moment. I will savor destroying you both.
I really like this, especially the mention of how things were left off after Uprising. Hoping something very similar to this makes it in game if Medusa's in.

Last edited:

CaptainMapleSyrup

Smash Cadet
Totally in support of this! While a Palutena echo would seem more practical and easy to achieve, it goes against the current trend in SSB Ultimate of Nintendo franchise nemesis villains getting their own character and unique moveset (Ridley, King K.Rool) while Ganondorf is the only example I can think of that contradicts this from previous Smash games.

A stand-alone Medusa character with a Hades echo character of her would be the most pleasing double-whammy result KI fans could hope for as it appeals to both classic and Uprising camps. They could announce it in a similar way they did for Simon and Richter and it would be in line with how Hades was revealed as the true final boss after Medusa in Uprising. I'm not sure if their appearance and style of battle is similar enough that he could echo her but it's a nice thought anyway. I'm not as much of a fan of him as I am of Medusa so I'd happily settle on stand-alone Medusa or even echo Medusa as long as the Goddess of Darkness gets in!

Crap-Zapper

Smash Champion
3DS FC
3540-1100-9470
Indeed. The Queen of the Underworld. She is such a babe.
I'm sorry Palutena, but if my girl Medusa get's inn, you're stoned.

D

Deleted member

I really like this, especially the mention of how things were left off after Uprising. Hoping something very similar to this makes it in game if Medusa's in.
Uprising had quite a few plotholes, and one easy solution to solve them is by stating that every time Hades wanted to experiment with a new scheme for chaos, he'd revive Medusa just so she'd be slain by that creature as a litmus test. If Medusa was complaining about being revived once, I wouldn't have had an issue, but the key word was the plural "keeps", as in "multiple times".

The obvious problem to Medusa being an Echo is that she would not receive her own trailer, so we'd have to wait until Ultimate's release for her to speak.

Also, I didn't know Cree was being silent on the comments about Ultimate. That could obviously be a red herring, but it's something to take note.

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914
Tough question, how would you feel if Medusa was voiced by someone else than Cree Summer?

Because I did remember that some big name actors were hard for Smash to get, hence Palutena's English VA being someone else than her Uprising voice.

Last edited:

Crap-Zapper

Smash Champion
3DS FC
3540-1100-9470
I'm fine with it. Uprising is cool and all, but my support mainly came from the original game, where she did not have a voice actor.
So, I'm not very familiar with the voice acting. Therefore I feel like I'd be fine with whatever fits.

Machete

Smash Ace
Tough question, how would you feel if Medusa was voiced by someone else than Cree Summer?

Because I did remember that some big name actors were hard for Smash to get, hence Palutena's English VA being someone else than her Uprising voice.
It would be a bit of a shame, but it wouldn't be even close to the joy and disbelief of her actually being playable. Besides, wasn't her VA liking all the tweets mentioning her, just like how Shulk's did back in the day? I'm sure she'd be willing to negotiate.

Erotic&Heretic

Smash Master

It would be a shame, but this would be nothing compared to the joy of having Medusa in Smash. And who knows? Maybe a new voice actress could do an incredible job portraying Medusa (although I'm all for Cree Summer, she does that amazing job already) :p

D

Deleted member

Time and budget permitting, I wouldn't object to a different VA.

GoodShepperd

Smash Apprentice

Nah Fam, Summer Cree or bust! In all seriousness though I love Summer Cree the thought of her potentially voicing Medusa is Smash makes me swoon

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914
Nah Fam, Summer Cree or bust! In all seriousness though I love Summer Cree the thought of her potentially voicing Medusa is Smash makes me swoon
Nothing wrong with wanting her back though, she is definitely a great VA for the Queen of Darkness.

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914
Well to be fair Cree has been silent despite fans asking her about smash sooooooooo
I mean if we do get Cree back to reprise her role over Palutena's, then I would be happy for it.

I just can't picture anyone else pulling off a similar vocal impression as her.

Arsh99

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Arsh99

I love the direction Cree Summer took with her voice, but I think they could get someone to replicate it if they cannot get Cree. I can hardly tell the difference from Lucina's old voice to the one in FE Heroes.

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914
Also, Medusa is rated in the RTC (Rate Their Chances)

We all should show our support.

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914
Rip this thread
We need to bring more life into it.

I hope enough people supported her in the RTC thread. Her day is over.

Most people think she's a low as a 40 or 30 in chances.

Last edited:

JazzaDawg

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
1178-2246-1598
Switch FC
2923 8939 4091
Support. Love the idea of medusa, maybe she can come back from the dead a fourth time for this ultimate showdown

Last edited:

Erotic&Heretic

Smash Master
Well, to start a conversation, what would Medusa's alt colors be?

I realise in the first post that AncientTobacco AncientTobacco alt colors ideas are missing, hopefully I still have them so here they are!

1534376211-mezxyah.png
1534376217-qwovqrs.png
1534376214-sxpcqdx.png
1534376213-trkmcvn.png
1534376217-ugh8y3j.png
1534376218-wwf1pz1.png
1534376220-ym1utwd.png
1534376220-zeccvsj.png

KingZing

Smash Journeyman
I was pretty annoyed with the pandering Sakurai did with KI in Smash 4 with Dark Pit and the huge amount of Uprising content suddenly all over the place, specially in Smash Run where all you seem to find 80% of the time are Uprising enemies. Heck even the menu of Smash 4 is strongly reminiscent of Uprising's.

Now that things have cooled down and a new Smash is coming though, I'm totally in for a Medusa echo. If it's a villain, most likely I support them (as much as I think FE is already excessive, I'd even take a Black Knight echo over Chrom or Lucina anytime).

Edit: Oh! Those alts are simply beautiful! I love the Palutena one, really makes me think how she was before being thrown by her in the Underworld.

Last edited:

Machete

Smash Ace
Well, to start a conversation, what would Medusa's alt colors be?

I realise in the first post that AncientTobacco AncientTobacco alt colors ideas are missing, hopefully I still have them so here they are!

Gawd, I’d never play with anything other than Pandora Medusa. The two best girls combined into one

Top Bottom