• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Queen of the Underworld: Medusa's Secret Hideout

Favourite commander of Medusa's army?

• Twinbellows

• Dark Lord Gaul

• Hewdraw

• Pandora

• Thanatos

Results are only viewable after voting.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
As everyday passes the more I just want Medusa to be in this game alongside Banjo-Kazooie and Black Shadow.

Please make it happen Sakurai! :grin:

Big stretch and very unlikely but really hoping Castlevania's Medusa is a possible hint in Medusa's inclusion.

Last edited:

Ikanger

Smash Apprentice
As everyday passes the more I just want Medusa to be in this game alongside Banjo-Kazooie and Black Shadow.

Please make it happen Sakurai! :grin:

Big stretch and very unlikely but really hoping Castlevania's Medusa is a possible hint in Medusa's inclusion.
Same for me, especially when I start imagining how she would be designed in this game.. there's so much potential with her, even as an echo.

Yeah I kinda hope that too.. although I feel like it's probably not. I've looked the Medusa part of that trailer over and over again, trying to look for anything that could suggest KI Medusa, but couldn't find anything. Unless Castlevania Medusa appearing is a hint in itself, which I highly doubt. But! The Castlevania franchise appearing in Smash Bros. could make for a really cool crossover with KI Medusa. And I dare to bet that this idea at the very least must have gone through Sakurai and team's thoughts. Maybe they decided it was cool enough to do something with it..

One thing I am slightly holding onto is the Castlevania stage blogpost where they showed a screen of the stage and a screen of Medusa in particular.. out of all the stage hazards. I mean, why not show some more monsters? Even though it probably means nothing, I still think it's a little odd. And it's not necessarily a complete stretch, since Isaac/Golden Sun got hinted at in another screen. Who knows..

Last edited:

Ikanger

Smash Apprentice
Well fingers still crossed! The game feels so close yet so far away
Ikr, it's less than 80 days away which is not long.. but still it feels like it's gonna take so long lol, however before we know it it's gonna be the 7th.. and perhaps by that time Medusa will have been confirmed and we will not have to worry about it anymore.

Thatkidwiththeafro

The Pink Panther's Bro!
NNID
Mr.F-ZeroBias
So recently, I was watching a video on the Cree Summer retweet, and after doing a bit of searching, I've come to the crazy conclusion that the Underworld Goddess is joining the battle. Here's my reasons so far....

• Palutena has NOT been featured as a fighter via the Smash Blog so far.
  • Cree Summer retweets a piece of fanart that shows Medusa as fighter #54E.
  • Despite being confirmed as a stage, complete with multiple images, there has been NO footage of ANYBODY battling on the Reset Bomb Forest.
  • Both Magnus AND Phosphora have been mysteriously absent, with NO appearances in ANY fighter's photos, nor on the Assist Trophy section of Ultimate's website.
  • No NEW Kid Icarus music has been showcased.
  • Palutena's Medusa alt, if I stand corrected, is absent from the photos with Palutena in her alternate costumes.
At this point folks, I'm literally expecting the following in the next Smash Direct...

Sakurai says, "I'd like to introduce a brand new echo fighter" and then cut to Palutena's Temple where we see Medusa enter through the Underworld, followed by "Medusa Joins the Battle!" and footage of her taking on the roster, ending with her standing next to Palutena.

I dunno if I've gone off the deep end, but ignoring the Castlevania Medusa hinting at KI Medusa theory, the evidence seems to be there like it was for Chrom and Dark Samus. ~ Afro

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
So recently, I was watching a video on the Cree Summer retweet, and after doing a bit of searching, I've come to the crazy conclusion that the Underworld Goddess is joining the battle. Here's my reasons so far....

• Despite being confirmed as a stage, complete with multiple images, there has been NO footage of ANYBODY battling on the Reset Bomb Forest.
  • Both Magnus AND Phosphora have been mysteriously absent, with NO appearances in ANY fighter's photos, nor on the Assist Trophy section of Ultimate's website.
  • Palutena's Medusa alt, if I stand corrected, is absent from the photos with Palutena in her alternate costumes.
At this point folks, I'm literally expecting the following in the next Smash Direct...

Sakurai says, "I'd like to introduce a brand new echo fighter" and then cut to Palutena's Temple where we see Medusa enter through the Underworld, followed by "Medusa Joins the Battle!" and footage of her taking on the roster, ending with her standing next to Palutena.

I dunno if I've gone off the deep end, but ignoring the Castlevania Medusa hinting at KI Medusa theory, the evidence seems to be there like it was for Chrom and Dark Samus. ~ Afro
Please be true! Please be true! Please be true! Please be true! *Keeps going on*

Onua

Smash Journeyman

PLEASE BE TRUE AAAAA

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694

With those theories and points, that does make her seem very likely indeed. I do wanna add to that with the thing I've been saying a lot of before. Listen for any voices and character dialogue. That could definitely mean Kid Icarus love is coming soon, and that may include Medusa and Phosphora, or at least that's my wish, along with a new KI Assist Trophy (mostly looking at Arlon, Twinbellows, or Hewdraw).
The one thing that does worry me about the Medusa part from Castlevania is that I was told that she's an iconic monster in the series and thus was shown multiple times. Nonetheless, I just hope Medusa and Phosphora get their spotlight. I keep saying Phosphora a lot because she'd be an ideal option to bring us a Forces of Nature rep too (I don't count Dark Pit)

Short version is keep your ears and eyes open for character voices/dialogue in future Smash Ultimate footage, and that may be the one big sign we need until we get the Kid Icarus greatness that we desire. We'll have the Celestial Fireworks ready for whenever they make their appearance.

EDIT: You know, come to think of it, part of the reason why some ATs were not shown might be because of the fact that you could KO some of em. If Magnus and Phosphora, who have voices, could be KO'd (they already could be attacked), then there might be need to record a voiceover for when they do get KO'd if Nintendo is thinking about a few details and such. So adding that to what you mentioned about Kid Icarus content being absent, there's quite the big suspicions, I do hope we'll see a massive Uprising of well, Kid Icarus greatness soon, and it'd be a perfect time soon too. May their voices be heard, and their actions be seen.

Last edited:

Erotic&Heretic

Smash Master

I hope that you are right! The lack of KI content so far is the most suspicious thing to me. While Magnus and Phosphora both are "veteran assist", I find it strange that we haven't seen the Reset Bomb Forest yet. Especially the second part of the stage, it must be beautiful!

Ikanger

Smash Apprentice

Where do you find the photos of Palutena's alts? I can only find one pic of one alt unfortunately.

I really hope that this could all mean that Medusa will be confirmed soon..

What I also wanted to mention; I find it funny how only Pit, so no Dark Pit, has been playable in the demo so far. I mean you'd think that because Dark Pit is an echo that would make him be playable as well, right? Maybe this means nothing, but if it does, maybe it's something to do with some type of KI reveal.. idk, it seems very vague, but just wanted to point it out.

Last edited:

Erotic&Heretic

Smash Master
Where do you find the photos of Palutena's alts? I can only find one pic of one alt unfortunately.

I really hope that this could all mean that Medusa will be confirmed soon..

What I also wanted to mention; I find it funny how only Pit, so no Dark Pit, has been playable in the demo so far. I mean you'd think that because Dark Pit is an echo that would make him be playable as well, right? Maybe this means nothing, but if it does, maybe it's something to do with some type of KI reveal.. idk, it seems very vague, but just wanted to point it out.
So far we only have a picture of one alt for Palutena.

For the demo, I think that simply gave us a bunch of characters, while having variety. There's no semi-clones in there after all. The only characters that are remotely close to each other other are Marth and Ike, and they are still super different.

zferolie

Smash Hero

It is still odd we have barely seen anything about KI yet. No Palutena focused blog update, I beleive only Pit got it. No music update. All the trophies are MIA. Something smells funny.

Ikanger

Smash Apprentice
So far we only have a picture of one alt for Palutena.

For the demo, I think that simply gave us a bunch of characters, while having variety. There's no semi-clones in there after all. The only characters that are remotely close to each other other are Marth and Ike, and they are still super different.
Oh yeah that makes a lot of sense actually! Why would they put two basically the same characters in a demoroster. Forget I mentioned it lol

zferolie

Smash Hero
Oh yeah that makes a lot of sense actually! Why would they put two basically the same characters in a demoroster. Forget I mentioned it lol
I think they also included characters with new designs, like Zelda, the 3 unique DLC (RYu CLoud and Bayonetta), and some popular returning characters(Pokemon trainer)

Erotic&Heretic

Smash Master
I think they also included characters with new designs, like Zelda, the 3 unique DLC (RYu CLoud and Bayonetta), and some popular returning characters(Pokemon trainer)
There's all guests actually, minus Castlevania of course.

It is still odd we have barely seen anything about KI yet. No Palutena focused blog update, I beleive only Pit got it. No music update. All the trophies are MIA. Something smells funny.
There's only Pit and Dark Pit so far on the blog. Therefore, we miss Palutena, every stages and the new staff as an item.

zferolie

Smash Hero
Shower thought guys(from last night but only posting it here now)

So we haven't had any information about KI other then Pit and Dark Pit on the blog. No Palutena, none of that new item, no stage, and no music.. That later one is the key. So far, on the blog, new music shown off on it has lead to 2 things. if you don't have a unique newcomer show up before your music is shown, then you won't have a unique, as shown with Simon and Castlevania music, K rool and DK music, and recently Isabelle and Animal crossing. Its a thin theory but it holds up so far. You may be saying that SF already got music and Ken seems likely. But that would be an echo, which it could still work for, as we got a metroid music before Dark Samus.

So where am I going with this? Well... what if we get a surprise like Isabelle, and Medusa is not an echo, but unique? I am expecting her as an echo, but a unique would be cool, and her reveal trailer would be awesome.

Also a shower though, what characters they picked to be in the demo. They picked popular ones, returning ones, and new ones, but there are some obvious ones missing. Peach and Daisy are on, especially Daisy as she was the only new character not in the demo. Diddy Kong was Missing, Robin was missing, and of course Palutena is missing. What do those 3 have in common? well all could have something in their movesets that could give away echos/new characters. Diddy with how his moveset could have been tweeked to allow a Dixie echo(plus what his changed FS is), Robin because the FS had to be changed to allow Chrom in, and Palutena supposidly because of her Medusa alt color. *tin foil hat theories expand!*

Last thought I had, but more just now: what if in story mode, Medusa is the leader of all the bad guys in story mode, or at least all the playable ones. She seems like the one that would gather the villains from all these different universes and worlds and have the power to command them too. I can see her leading Bowser, Bowser Jr and the koopalings, Wario, Ganondorf, Ridley, Dark Samus, K Rool, Mewtwo(i can see them making him on the bad side at first), King Dedede(the goof ball villain she grabs just to us him, because everyone uses Dedede), and maybe some other villains coming like Shadow and Dark Shadow. She of course could have grabbed other bosses too, like Dracula, Rathalos, Dr Eggman, Metal Face, Big yellow/Dr Wily, and Skullkid. And maybe it turns out Hades is secretly behind the scenes too, and once Medusa finds that out she then gets to beat him up, a satisfying end considering how upraising went.

Erotic&Heretic

Smash Master
So we haven't had any information about KI other then Pit and Dark Pit on the blog. No Palutena, none of that new item, no stage, and no music.. That later one is the key. So far, on the blog, new music shown off on it has lead to 2 things. if you don't have a unique newcomer show up before your music is shown, then you won't have a unique, as shown with Simon and Castlevania music, K rool and DK music, and recently Isabelle and Animal crossing. Its a thin theory but it holds up so far. You may be saying that SF already got music and Ken seems likely. But that would be an echo, which it could still work for, as we got a metroid music before Dark Samus.
This theory will likely be destroyed in the future (because each time we see a pattern, we discover later that there's actually no pattern), but this is a theory that I want to believe.

For the record, here are the missing series:
  • Star Fox
  • Pokemon
  • MOTHER
  • Kid Icarus
  • WarioWare
  • Wii Fit
  • Punch-Out!!
  • Xenoblade Chronicles
  • Duck Hunt
  • Sonic
  • Pac-Man

G&W, Bayonetta and Final Fantasy aren't included, as we saw the same amount of music from Smash 4. I may have forgotten some retro series, though...

But IMO it's really interesting for Pokémon, Xenoblade and of course, what matter for us, Kid Icarus.

Also a shower though, what characters they picked to be in the demo. They picked popular ones, returning ones, and new ones, but there are some obvious ones missing. Peach and Daisy are on, especially Daisy as she was the only new character not in the demo. Diddy Kong was Missing, Robin was missing, and of course Palutena is missing. What do those 3 have in common? well all could have something in their movesets that could give away echos/new characters. Diddy with how his moveset could have been tweeked to allow a Dixie echo(plus what his changed FS is), Robin because the FS had to be changed to allow Chrom in, and Palutena supposidly because of her Medusa alt color. *tin foil hat theories expand!*
Well, Dark Pit and Lucina are missing as well, I believe it's to show the diversity of the cast even with a limited roster. But I want to believe that Palutena is hiding her new 8th color... *put on tinfoil hat*

Last thought I had, but more just now: what if in story mode, Medusa is the leader of all the bad guys in story mode, or at least all the playable ones. She seems like the one that would gather the villains from all these different universes and worlds and have the power to command them too. I can see her leading Bowser, Bowser Jr and the koopalings, Wario, Ganondorf, Ridley, Dark Samus, K Rool, Mewtwo(i can see them making him on the bad side at first), King Dedede(the goof ball villain she grabs just to us him, because everyone uses Dedede), and maybe some other villains coming like Shadow and Dark Shadow. She of course could have grabbed other bosses too, like Dracula, Rathalos, Dr Eggman, Metal Face, Big yellow/Dr Wily, and Skullkid. And maybe it turns out Hades is secretly behind the scenes too, and once Medusa finds that out she then gets to beat him up, a satisfying end considering how upraising went.
I don't see her as a leader, although she could be an important one with Ganondorf, both trying to manipulate each other while having the same goal and working together to beat Link and Pit... But I want an Hades final boss as well.

zferolie

Smash Hero
This theory will likely be destroyed in the future (because each time we see a pattern, we discover later that there's actually no pattern), but this is a theory that I want to believe.

For the record, here are the missing series:
  • Star Fox
  • Pokemon
  • MOTHER
  • Kid Icarus
  • WarioWare
  • Wii Fit
  • Punch-Out!!
  • Xenoblade Chronicles
  • Duck Hunt
  • Sonic
  • Pac-Man

G&W, Bayonetta and Final Fantasy aren't included, as we saw the same amount of music from Smash 4. I may have forgotten some retro series, though...

But IMO it's really interesting for Pokémon, Xenoblade and of course, what matter for us, Kid Icarus.

Well, Dark Pit and Lucina are missing as well, I believe it's to show the diversity of the cast even with a limited roster. But I want to believe that Palutena is hiding her new 8th color... *put on tinfoil hat*

I don't see her as a leader, although she could be an important one with Ganondorf, both trying to manipulate each other while having the same goal and working together to beat Link and Pit... But I want an Hades final boss as well.
Thats why I'm not putting too much into the music theory, as it could vanish at any time, but its something to point at.

But yeah, Pokemon, Xenoblade, and KI still need music, and any of them could get a unique newcomer(pokemon for sure)

Dark pit and Lucina don't have something in their moveset that could spoil future reveals. Robin did with Chrom, Diddy can for Dixie, and Palutena can with her color. There have been other characters missing but that seems to be mostly ones with transforming FS, like Yoshi, Lucario, Diddy again, or other characters that are most likely getting new FS, like Peach and Daisy.

I can see her trying to be the leader, or calling herself the leader. It also could make sense that someone with her divine power could bring these villains all together. But yeah, being able to have Medusa beat up boss hades would be satisfying.

Erotic&Heretic

Smash Master
Thats why I'm not putting too much into the music theory, as it could vanish at any time, but its something to point at.

But yeah, Pokemon, Xenoblade, and KI still need music, and any of them could get a unique newcomer(pokemon for sure)
Yeah this is more something to note than something to rely on. I'd mention that Mario have two playlist in SSBU, so maybe it can have 2 musics on the site.

Dark pit and Lucina don't have something in their moveset that could spoil future reveals. Robin did with Chrom, Diddy can for Dixie, and Palutena can with her color. There have been other characters missing but that seems to be mostly ones with transforming FS, like Yoshi, Lucario, Diddy again, or other characters that are most likely getting new FS, like Peach and Daisy.
Yeah, that's the difference between the old and the new echoes, but I do believe that it's more a matter of character diversity for the demo. And I suppose that unfinished characters are indeed missing as well.

zferolie

Smash Hero
Yeah this is more something to note than something to rely on. I'd mention that Mario have two playlist in SSBU, so maybe it can have 2 musics on the site.

Yeah, that's the difference between the old and the new echoes, but I do believe that it's more a matter of character diversity for the demo. And I suppose that unfinished characters are indeed missing as well.
I assume Daisy wasn't in the demo despite being new was because she and Peach weren't finished and still working on their final smashes.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Omg yes please!!!!

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
Sorry I'm late, but let me see what I can do with the discussion going on.

For the thing about lack of KI things, it's true that we only got Pit and DP on the blog, but the only other KI thing we saw, but wasn't on the blog, was the Insight Staff in that Smash Direct, which on the site in the items section, only call it a "Staff" (strange how they treated the Drill Arm similar by just calling it a Drill, but the Ore Club has its full name), and the X-bomb item in the demo. Surely many of us are still suspicious about not much KI stuff being shown yet,

With other series missing, I suppose it is a strange position for Pokemon and Xeno mostly too as one said before. Though I suppose they're likely to polish up some series in due time and take care of some of the others, or maybe it's all random, minus the suspicious disappearance of many KI things and some other ATs, though I still think it relates to improving and/or adding new voiceovers or something, including adding one for being KO'd I think. Then again, it's usually gameplay first, then eventually voices, which is what I'm still keeping watch for in later footage.

As for story mode Medusa thoughts, I only see her ambitions being getting revenge on Pit and Palu... and maybe Hades if he's present, though if he is not, she can make use of her army once more rather than the other villains unless manipulating them would be part of her game.
I'd probably be able to say more, but just waking up, I only covered the main things that was just talked about.

meleebrawler

Smash Hero
NNID
meleebrawler
3DS FC
2535-3888-1548
Sorry I'm late, but let me see what I can do with the discussion going on.

For the thing about lack of KI things, it's true that we only got Pit and DP on the blog, but the only other KI thing we saw, but wasn't on the blog, was the Insight Staff in that Smash Direct, which on the site in the items section, only call it a "Staff" (strange how they treated the Drill Arm similar by just calling it a Drill, but the Ore Club has its full name), and the X-bomb item in the demo. Surely many of us are still suspicious about not much KI stuff being shown yet,

With other series missing, I suppose it is a strange position for Pokemon and Xeno mostly too as one said before. Though I suppose they're likely to polish up some series in due time and take care of some of the others, or maybe it's all random, minus the suspicious disappearance of many KI things and some other ATs, though I still think it relates to improving and/or adding new voiceovers or something, including adding one for being KO'd I think. Then again, it's usually gameplay first, then eventually voices, which is what I'm still keeping watch for in later footage.

As for story mode Medusa thoughts, I only see her ambitions being getting revenge on Pit and Palu... and maybe Hades if he's present, though if he is not, she can make use of her army once more rather than the other villains unless manipulating them would be part of her game.
I'd probably be able to say more, but just waking up, I only covered the main things that was just talked about.
To be honest, I think even someone like Ganondorf could play her like a fiddle. She's never really shown to be particularly adept at strategy, mostly just relying on strength in numbers and raw power to get things done.

scoobymcsnack

Smash Journeyman
Sign me up! Although some people say she should be an echo, while that would work and I wouldn't complain if it happened, I definitely want her as a unique character.

Machete

Smash Ace
Ganondorf would be the leader of the villains, at least the playable leader. He's got enough power to back it up (even though Ridley, Dark Samus and Mewtwo could be argued to be stronger), but most of all, he's second only to Bowser in terms of how iconic a villain he is, and in big crossover events that always takes a preference. Hell, at this point he's got experience in this, thanks to SSE. Hyrule Warriors also sees him summoning villains of other worlds to fight for him. Hell, the more I think of it, the more I am sure a potential Ganondorf + Medusa teamup would be a lot like her relationship with Hades (plus you know Sakurai wouldn't be able to resist putting in such a reference).

If a new story mode was anything like SSE and all the characters had to end up on the same side (which makes sense both to allow everyone play their favorite characters and as a way to unlock everyone), that could very much be how Medusa ends up switching sides. She's entirely focused on her revenge against Pit and Palutena but Ganondorf/the main villain keeps bringing her back to do other things and she gets fed up.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
I would actually like for Medusa to be the leader only for Ganondorf to then convince the other villains that he's a better leader then her and they betray her especially considering what Ganondorf did to Bowser in Brawl. It'd be very in-character for him.

Last edited:

meleebrawler

Smash Hero
NNID
meleebrawler
3DS FC
2535-3888-1548
I would actually like for Medusa to be the leader only for Ganondorf to then convince the other villains that he's a better leader then her and they betray her especially considering what Ganondorf did to Bowser in Brawl. It'd be very in-character for him.
Except Bowser, at least, already knows Ganondorf isn't to be trusted, so there's no way he'd get everyone to rally to his cause. Maybe there'd be a "rogue" faction run by Bowser featuring the "anti-villains" like Dedede. And unless they changed it for Ultimate, R.O.B's boxing ring title implies a level of continuity from SSE, so no reboot excuses.

So, Team Ganondorf: King K. Rool, Ridley, Dark Samus

Team Bowser: King Dedede, Meta Knight, Dark Pit

Wolf & Mewtwo are wildcards that work for whoever pays them more or is stronger, respectively.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Except Bowser, at least, already knows Ganondorf isn't to be trusted, so there's no way he'd get everyone to rally to his cause. Maybe there'd be a "rogue" faction run by Bowser featuring the "anti-villains" like Dedede. And unless they changed it for Ultimate, R.O.B's boxing ring title implies a level of continuity from SSE, so no reboot excuses.

So, Team Ganondorf: King K. Rool, Ridley, Dark Samus

Team Bowser: King Dedede, Meta Knight, Dark Pit

Wolf & Mewtwo are wildcards that work for whoever pays them more or is stronger, respectively.
Huh I like that very much except this is how I'd personally do it.

Team Ganondorf: Dark Samus, Ridley, Dark Pit

Team Bowser: Bowser Jr., King K. Rool, King Dedede

Realistic vs. Cartoonish. Get it. :p

Last edited:

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
I could totally see Tabuu or a new powerful foe like him be the main villain/last boss of the Spirits mode. It would be so awesome to see the roster team up again against a big super baddie at the end of Spirits like they did with Tabuu in SSE.

TeamFlareZakk

Making Super Smash Bros a more beautiful world!
Pit's very first appearance in Super Smash Bros was being a trophy in Melee before his debut in Brawl and his trophy description mentions Palutena and Medusa, implying these are the most important characters to be added to the roster.. Palutena appeared with Pit in his final smash before becoming playable in Smash 4, Medusa was in as a trophy so it really seems to be her turn now.

Dark Pit was added because he was like a dark version Pit converted from a alt Pit had in Brawl, same can happen with Palutena's alt from Smash 4.. Alsi worth mentioning a few characters were trophies before becoming playable, King Dedede, Meta Knight, Mewtwo, Wario, just to name a few.

There is also the missing content of Medusa such as dialog on stages with Pit and Palutena and her battle theme.. There is even perhaps maybe a chance for a new Underworld stage.. Actually it could go either way in terms of being a new character or a echo tbh.

Smash Ultimate really does seem to heavily be adding new villain characters to ips that need them and Kid Icarus just so happens to be one of the last remaining series to add a villain to.

I think Viridi and Hades are more valued for dialog cameos than anything so they probably wont be anything else besides collectible trophies.. Hades could be a boss character, but it just seems to make more sense that Twinbellows or Pandora end up being a boss character if you think about it.

I really hope to see Medusa revealed in the next set of reveals, cant wait to see her!

zferolie

Smash Hero

Medusa is in a new leak guys. She rarely shows up in them so wanted to share. Its a text leak... and has reimu, plus this guy just beleaives all leaks are real, but still, wanted to share and see your reactions

Ikanger

Smash Apprentice

Medusa is in a new leak guys. She rarely shows up in them so wanted to share. Its a text leak... and has reimu, plus this guy just beleaives all leaks are real, but still, wanted to share and see your reactions
Lmao, we posted the same thing at the same moment

zferolie

Smash Hero
Lmao, we posted the same thing at the same moment
Indeed we did haha..

Well with this plus the Verg info, thats:

Unique: Reimu, Isaac, Ayumi, Skullkid, and Inceniroar

Echos: Ken, Medusa, Black Shadow, Ninten

If we assume 84, that leaves 1 unique and 2 echos left. Unique I hope is shantae but could be geno(unless thats DLC) Echos Hoping for Shadow and Dixie kong.

Ikanger

Smash Apprentice
I think Geno, Shadow, and Dixie Kong would be the most likely characters for those last spots in that case, and I would love to see them in. I would also love for Shantae to be in. Who knows..

Erotic&Heretic

Smash Master
Ok I watched the video... And it's french detective time!

I participate a lot on jeuxvideo.com and I believe that it's just bull****. The first claim that presumably leaked Richter and K.Rool was something just forged, it's rather easy to do by modifying the HTML code... It's only you that see it, of course, but that's an easy screenshot to do then. But there was a flaw in a second screenshot made as a proof: a space has been added before a Colon, right after "Il y aura en persos jouables".

See for yourself:

Secondly, I know that the 18-25 boards are really really active on "JVC" but why the hell that leaker wouldn't stop by on the SSBU forums? Even the "console war" board would have been a more logical place to put it. (yes, we do have a console war board... And that's troll-filled to the brim).

Finally, the content. It's truly fishy. Not because of the characters themselves, but mostly because... Strangely that's characters we talk about a lot on the SSBU boards. Obviously Isaac is just a fan favorite everywhere, and we do have devoted fans as well. Skull Kid is basically a meme on our board at that point, considering how pointeless debates about him are... But Medusa? We happen to talk quite a bit about her. I admit it's a bit because of me, but not only... :laugh: We tend to mention Ayumi when talking about retro characters as well, but not that much.

What tick me off is mostly Reimu and the Mother content... See, we have one guy here on the boards who loves three things: Skull Kid, Mother and Touhou. And let's say he is... Really pushy about it. No to say annoying. If I said that Skull Kid is a joke at that point, he is part of this (although people against SK do add to that joke).

But a french leaker who claim that there's Giygas as a boss (something he'd like), Ninten as an echo, Skull Kid as a newcomer and last but not least Reimu? Two possibilities: Either it's this dude (he claim it's not him) or it's just someone else trolling, basing his list on our board. I'd dare to say it's the second option, as the other guy is also the kind to believe that there will be something like 15 new characters...

Also, we are basically mocking it on the SSBU forum on JVC... The only thread we have is basically "Who did it?", so you can imagine how much we take that seriously...

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
Alsi worth mentioning a few characters were trophies before becoming playable, King Dedede, Meta Knight, Mewtwo, Wario, just to name a few.
Actually, Mewtwo became playable in the same game that trophies were introduced to the series which is Melee. So Mewtwo's first appearance in a Smash game was as a playable character.

I think Geno, Shadow, and Dixie Kong would be the most likely characters for those last spots in that case, and I would love to see them in. I would also love for Shantae to be in. Who knows..
I also think Geno, Shadow, and Dixie Kong are locks for this game. I also hope we get Shantae as well.

Last edited:
Top Bottom