• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Queen of the Underworld: Medusa's Secret Hideout

Favourite commander of Medusa's army?

• Twinbellows

• Dark Lord Gaul

• Hewdraw

• Pandora

• Thanatos

Results are only viewable after voting.

majora_787

Smash Hero
I honestly still want to believe that Medusa has a shot for Smash Ultimate. While she's definitely not humongously popular or requested, I could see Kid Icarus getting a fourth character just by virtue of Medusa being something that could be done relatively easily by building off of Palutena. She might have plenty of things she could do to be distinct, but the same was true for Dark Samus and I really can't complain about echo fighter status if it means I get a wanted character in the game.

Erotic&Heretic

Smash Master
I do believe she has a shot too. While I wanted her in Smash 4, it's logical that Palutena was a priority, and that we didn't have two characters at once for this serie (although we did get Dark Pit but it's a bonus).
And speaking of echoes, Dark Samus and especially Chrom reminds us that they are indeed bonuses. After all, Sakurai himself said that there was a bit too much of playable FE characters, yet he add Chrom. Also, Dark Samus come with Ridley while there won't be as much newcomers. So Medusa as an echo can be an easy and cheap way to expand the roster with a unique looking character.

Ikanger

Smash Apprentice
Totally agree with you! I hope Sakurai sees it in that light as well.

One more thing that I just think Medusa really has going for her is her potential to take over some of Palu's customs, as we all know. She would be an easy add, that is a semi-clone with (mostly) unique specials, an echo with animations that set her apart by a lot (the Dark Samus treatment), an extremely unique looking character, an iconic villain, a female main villain.. even the animations for Medusa's snake hair are already there. I really don't see a reason not to add her. Even when she's not the most popular character, that's not the rule Sakurai has always gone by. It's almost too good to pass up?

Last edited:

Erotic&Heretic

Smash Master
As I've said previously in this thread, I personally believe that Palutena's actual kit of B-moves fit Medusa quite nicely, but this doesn't mean we can't modify other B-moves, like heavenly light who become a dark aura / miasma. And, of course, there's also Mewtwo's disable.

And this doesn't mean much, but I dare to believe that the serie is important according to Sakurai, considering it's been placed with Zelda and Metroid in Brawl and Smash 4, and we consider these three series to be tied together, being born in 1986 and such (not to mention things such as komaytos). But this is me grasping at straws here :p

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
I do believe she has a shot too. While I wanted her in Smash 4, it's logical that Palutena was a priority, and that we didn't have two characters at once for this serie (although we did get Dark Pit but it's a bonus).
And speaking of echoes, Dark Samus and especially Chrom reminds us that they are indeed bonuses. After all, Sakurai himself said that there was a bit too much of playable FE characters, yet he add Chrom. Also, Dark Samus come with Ridley while there won't be as much newcomers. So Medusa as an echo can be an easy and cheap way to expand the roster with a unique looking character.
I hope this means no more FE characters... *eyetwitch* Didn't know Dark Samus was just a simple bonus.

And yep, those 3 series have been born in 1986, though I still prefer Kid Icarus and Metroid having most ties to each other for many reasons. Kinda related, but looking at Gaol, she was a blonde in that suit of armor. Sounds kinda like Samus, don't it? You already mentioned the Komayto/Metroid bit, and there's different Space Pirates in each franchise... well, KIU having the Space Pirates.

But in the end, I do hope we get more KI love, who is, like I said many times, Medusa and/or Phosphora. Looking at Medusa more, I'd fancy some projectiles from her eyes. If she has that and one nail swipe attack and more aggressive staff swings, I'd be most grateful. Honorable mention to a "normal" Medusa outfit featuring her appearance in the anime short; the black hair instead of the snakes. It sounds weird, but she does look beautiful that way, and many seem to forget her in that form.
Come to think of it, she never does any kicking attacks... Guess she can do some mighty punches and nail swipes rather than kicks.

Erotic&Heretic

Smash Master
I hope this means no more FE characters... *eyetwitch* Didn't know Dark Samus was just a simple bonus.
Well, this is me who interpret the role and creation of echoes, based on Smash 4. With Ridley, I see Dark Samus as a quick fanservice to add even more Metroid in the game (and with King K.Rool, I expect Dixie to be an echo too).

And yep, those 3 series have been born in 1986, though I still prefer Kid Icarus and Metroid having most ties to each other for many reasons. Kinda related, but looking at Gaol, she was a blonde in that suit of armor. Sounds kinda like Samus, don't it? You already mentioned the Komayto/Metroid bit, and there's different Space Pirates in each franchise... well, KIU having the Space Pirates.
Indeed, many elements are made similar.

But in the end, I do hope we get more KI love, who is, like I said many times, Medusa and/or Phosphora. Looking at Medusa more, I'd fancy some projectiles from her eyes. If she has that and one nail swipe attack and more aggressive staff swings, I'd be most grateful. Honorable mention to a "normal" Medusa outfit featuring her appearance in the anime short; the black hair instead of the snakes. It sounds weird, but she does look beautiful that way, and many seem to forget her in that form.
Come to think of it, she never does any kicking attacks... Guess she can do some mighty punches and nail swipes rather than kicks.
I guess the appearance in the anime short is forgotten because the anime short itself isn't that well known itself. And that would be quite problematic if we want to use the snakes on her head.
Also she never did any kicks attacks, probably because we haven't seen her feet in the first place!

Just, what do you mean by Nail Swipe? The claw attack maybe?

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
Just, what do you mean by Nail Swipe? The claw attack maybe?
Mhm. I thought they were more of extra long nails rather than claws, but that works.

As for the anime short, there's quite some interesting stuff in it. The hair I mentioned before, and there was a moment of her pale white leg/thigh showing, but it's not much. People don't know what they're missing by not checking it out. Plus she had purplish fingernail lasers that could turn people into stone prior to having snake hair, so that's also something. But I'm sure they could get creative with her even more so than what they did with Palu... I hope.

D

Deleted member

Another thing that could help Medusa out is that she wouldn't really need a new stage.

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
That kinda is true. She could use Palu's Temple or Skyworld since she technically used to Co-rule Skyworld with Palutena, though I wouldn't object if we got an Underworld stage of some sort to complete the main trio of areas of KI; Skyworld, a Nature place (which we kinda got via Reset Bomb Forest), and something Underworld-like.

Erotic&Heretic

Smash Master
Well, look at K.Rool. He doesn't have his Gankplank Galleon, yet he is finally here performing for you.

Medusa is fitting in both Skyworld and Palutena's Temple actually. Especially the latter. May I remind you where you fight Medusa in the first Kid Icarus? If you start to add songs like Destroyed Skyworld, Boss Battle 1 or even Hades' theme... It does work pretty well.

So far, only the new series, Splatoon and Castlevania, have stages. This mean that 6 newcomers, or 5 series considering there's both Ridley and Dark Samus, come without a stage so far.

Last edited:

TeamFlareZakk

Making Super Smash Bros a more beautiful world!
Medusa would add some dialogue of her own to Palutena's Temple when added.. Imagine her mentioning that she has been resurrected again but by a anonymous source that isnt Hades referencing Sakurai bringing her back to fight again.

Machete

Smash Ace
So, something fun to think about. You ever notice that one hip snake in Medusa’s hair that is orange?

When Medusa goes full final form and becomes the giant head, all her snakes are orange, with none of them a different color. That means that her snakes are actually orange, and the green ones are part of the same charm or spell that she uses to look normal and hot. However, she doesn’t change one of the snakes.

If you watch the Medusa’s Revenge short, in her pre-curse form she has one unruly hair strand in every single shot. That means that, even post-curse, Medusa still has that one strand of hair she can’t control, except now it’s a snake that won’t change color.

Ikanger

Smash Apprentice
So me and my friend Charm reached out to a couple of YouTubers (so far) asking if they wanted to bring some coverage to the Cree Summer situation. One of them responded yesterday, and said he'd be willing to make a video on it..

https://youtu.be/X_4IdfC6LLk

This is the result!! We're so happy as we really couldn't believe none of this isn't getting any more attention at all and feel that it's certainly discussion worthy. So we made it our goal to try and get it more attention by our own influence. A first big step so far :D

Also, if any of you is willing to share this video, feel free to do so! The more attention it gets, the merrier.

Erotic&Heretic

Smash Master
So, something fun to think about. You ever notice that one hip snake in Medusa’s hair that is orange?

When Medusa goes full final form and becomes the giant head, all her snakes are orange, with none of them a different color. That means that her snakes are actually orange, and the green ones are part of the same charm or spell that she uses to look normal and hot. However, she doesn’t change one of the snakes.

If you watch the Medusa’s Revenge short, in her pre-curse form she has one unruly hair strand in every single shot. That means that, even post-curse, Medusa still has that one strand of hair she can’t control, except now it’s a snake that won’t change color.
Oh nice catch!

So me and my friend Charm reached out to a couple of YouTubers (so far) asking if they wanted to bring some coverage to the Cree Summer situation. One of them responded yesterday, and said he'd be willing to make a video on it..

https://youtu.be/X_4IdfC6LLk

This is the result!! We're so happy as we really couldn't believe none of this isn't getting any more attention at all and feel that it's certainly discussion worthy. So we made it our goal to try and get it more attention by our own influence. A first big step so far :D
Nice! I forgot that Shulk's voice actor did something similar, this is very interesting. I shared the video on a french board by the way ;)

majora_787

Smash Hero
I didn't actually know about that happening on twitter in either case. That's pretty interesting.

zferolie

Smash Hero
I'm still pretty sure we are getting Medusa. The Box theory is total garbage. Its a render to give an idea what it looks like, and Sakurai would never give us an idea of the final roster. plus the placements of the characters is odd. like its in order for a bit then jumps like it should for wrapping around fully. clearly a mark up to give the general idea of how it will look.

However, while Isabelle being a newcomer but not an echo got me a bit hopeful, I realized she was propbably way too popular or important to make an echo, while Medusa I feel sadly may not. Yes chrom is important to but with all the other FE's in the game Sakurai probably felt best to make him the most unique echo. I can feel Medusa can go that route too. Be an echo but a very unique like echo. I wouldn't mind her as an echo, and just give her heavly light over counter/reflect and I'm set.

I just don't see any other series in the game already getting any more Unique reps save for Pokemon. Plus with 5 more stages, and 3 more music series slots, that leaves a limited amount of newcomers still coming, so I assume 3 more newcomers from new franchizes, and then that leaves a newcomer pokemon and a newcomer retro, so I don't think we will get Medusa as a unique due to that :(

Jovahexeon Joranvexeon

Smash Champion
However, while Isabelle being a newcomer but not an echo got me a bit hopeful, I realized she was propbably way too popular or important to make an echo, while Medusa I feel sadly may not.
It could simply just be a matter of concept as well. Chrom worked keen as echo since well, Fire Emblem characters tend to share a lot of the famous moves. Medusa could very well be semi-echo, completely unique or an echo. it depends strictly on what the devs have planned.

Isabelle, I can see why they made her a semi-clone as opposed to an echo. Character wise, I guess there's not rally much making her that similar to the Mayor aside form common activities.

Medusa, being in some ways, Palutena's dark counterpart, might lend her more to being an echo or a semi-clone depending on how different they'll make her.

zferolie

Smash Hero
It could simply just be a matter of concept as well. Chrom worked keen as echo since well, Fire Emblem characters tend to share a lot of the famous moves. Medusa could very well be semi-echo, completely unique or an echo. it depends strictly on what the devs have planned.

Isabelle, I can see why they made her a semi-clone as opposed to an echo. Character wise, I guess there's not rally much making her that similar to the Mayor aside form common activities.

Medusa, being in some ways, Palutena's dark counterpart, might lend her more to being an echo or a semi-clone depending on how different they'll make her.
Also true.

I just don't want to see people freaking out over the box and Verg only knowing 3 characters and thinking we are only getting that many more. If you beleive vergeben then you can't beleive the box theory, and like I said the box theory is dumb.

Expect between 4-5 more newcomers, and more then that for Echos I am sure. Ken won't be the last echo we get, I am sure we'll get Medusa

majora_787

Smash Hero
The box just kind of smells like back in smash 4, when people were trying to 'math out' the roster size from the number of character icons on the Sm4sh website, or even the really crazy weird people who went off when the 3ds version was revealed about how the roster was going to be cut down to be less than Melee's. It's not something I'm about to worry about, but it's probably going to be something I get annoyed hearing about by the time we get more news in X weeks.

My confidence in Medusa is going up a little bit, though it's kind of a shame that with how Kid Icarus is right now it feels kind of "now or never". Like with a number of other characters.

Erotic&Heretic

Smash Master
Yeah, the difference with Isabelle and Medusa is that Isabelle is an extremely popular and relevant character of a serie that definitely deserved a second character IMO. New Leaf and Uprising are both from 2012... But there's new games for Animal Crossing since.

Also, we already have 3 KI characters, with Dark Pit as an echo. So 2 characters + 2 echoes would be better in the eyes of some people.

Anyway, still hoping for the best, but an echo with differents specials is fine too.

Also, I'm expecting 4-5 newcomers too. Maybe something like 2 uniques and 3 echoes.

zferolie

Smash Hero
Yeah, the difference with Isabelle and Medusa is that Isabelle is an extremely popular and relevant character of a serie that definitely deserved a second character IMO. New Leaf and Uprising are both from 2012... But there's new games for Animal Crossing since.

Also, we already have 3 KI characters, with Dark Pit as an echo. So 2 characters + 2 echoes would be better in the eyes of some people.

Anyway, still hoping for the best, but an echo with differents specials is fine too.

Also, I'm expecting 4-5 newcomers too. Maybe something like 2 uniques and 3 echoes.
I was counting Newcomers different from Echos myself. As echos aren't full newcomers, they are clones of an existing.

Only 2 more unique characters would be odd given we should be getting 5 more stages and I doubt we are getting anymore returning ones.

majora_787

Smash Hero
Even if the stage thing is a misprint somehow, two character reveals spread over the last 13 weeks before launch is kind of ridiculous when we got 9 character reveals in the first 13 weeks. There's front loaded, and then there's that.

Erotic&Heretic

Smash Master
I was counting Newcomers different from Echos myself. As echos aren't full newcomers, they are clones of an existing.

Only 2 more unique characters would be odd given we should be getting 5 more stages and I doubt we are getting anymore returning ones.
I personally doubt the "5 stages" theory. Well... I tend to doubt every theories, even my own :laugh:
But yeah, considering how things are going, that would mean 5 new series? Let's say 4 because I find it strange that Pokémon have no new stages. But still... Empty spaces aren't really a big deal.

And 2 or 3 newcomers, without counting echoes, wouldn't surprise me. Melee had only 8 true newcomers after all. We already have 9 new characters total, let's say we have 6 other, we would end up with 15 new faces, and that would be in between Melee and Brawl's newcomers, and close to Vanilla Smash 4 as well.

Although Melee indeed had clones to compensate.

zferolie

Smash Hero
I personally doubt the "5 stages" theory. Well... I tend to doubt every theories, even my own :laugh:
But yeah, considering how things are going, that would mean 5 new series? Let's say 4 because I find it strange that Pokémon have no new stages. But still... Empty spaces aren't really a big deal.

And 2 or 3 newcomers, without counting echoes, wouldn't surprise me. Melee had only 8 true newcomers after all. We already have 9 new characters total, let's say we have 6 other, we would end up with 15 new faces, and that would be in between Melee and Brawl's newcomers, and close to Vanilla Smash 4 as well.

Although Melee indeed had clones to compensate.
Well the 5 stage theory also fits well with how we have the stage select screen. I doubt a designer like Sakurai would purposfully leave those 6 spots empty like that, especially since a different arrangement could have removed those 6 spots. I am assuming its 5 stages and 1 DLC button.

And I feel like it could be 5 newcomer stages, but doubt pokemon is getting another stage. I think the retro will get a stage(though not a music panel as most retro's even if they have a stage is in the other catagory), Then, and this is my personal wants here, Shantae, Isaac, and Dragon Quest OR Geno get a stage. As for the 5th... maybe monster hunter has a stage tied to it as well as a boss stage, either that or a stage not tied to a new character. Like Hambo in the past.

Machete

Smash Ace
Yeah... just because Isabelle is a Lucas-style semiclone, don't expect that to be the case for anyone else other than MAYBE Dixie Kong. Isabelle is a juggernaut of a new Nintendo character, with tons of merchandise, popularity, and appearing even in Mario Kart 8. She was definitely one of the first non-Ballot characters decided for this game, and she probably did very well on the Ballot as well. I always thought Inkling - Isabelle - Gen 7 Pokémon were the most likely characters for this game, in that order. I wouldn't be surprised at all if this game was in a similar situation as in Melee in that they realized that all the work they were gonna have with the must-have newcomers and all the veterans meant an overall low number of newcomers, which is why they decided to buff it up a bit with clones.

Which is, honestly, the best thing that could've happened to Medusa as she wouldn't make the cut otherwise, I am sadly certain of that.

GoodShepperd

Smash Apprentice
There's one thing about Medusa's chances that I haven't seen anybody talk about and that's the ballot. Even though Medusa probably didn't have too big of a showing at the ballot there is one part of the ballot that seems to have been forgotten and that's the section where you got to explain why you chose the character you picked. I think that's something Sakurai would pay attention too. Even if people didn't specifically pick out Medusa I think it's a safe bet that a lot of people likely indicated that they wanted more villains in the game and in particular a female villain.

majora_787

Smash Hero
That is true, I imagine the reasons people like characters would stick out pretty well. But who knows.

Machete

Smash Ace
There's one thing about Medusa's chances that I haven't seen anybody talk about and that's the ballot. Even though Medusa probably didn't have too big of a showing at the ballot there is one part of the ballot that seems to have been forgotten and that's the section where you got to explain why you chose the character you picked. I think that's something Sakurai would pay attention too. Even if people didn't specifically pick out Medusa I think it's a safe bet that a lot of people likely indicated that they wanted more villains in the game and in particular a female villain.
I am 100% sure if Skull Kid made it in the game was a general result of "more villains" and "more Zelda characters", and he is one of the most speculated characters nowadays. Hell, I am also absolutely sure there was a general "more Donkey Kong characters" and "more Metroid characters" and that helped both Ridley and K.Rool, and especially helped Dark Samus. So yeah, let's hope a pinch of people asking for female characters, a bit of people wanting villains, a tad of Sakurai bias and Medusa's own merits were enough for Sakurai to say "you know, I can squeeze Medusa in".

Erotic&Heretic

Smash Master
Well the 5 stage theory also fits well with how we have the stage select screen. I doubt a designer like Sakurai would purposfully leave those 6 spots empty like that, especially since a different arrangement could have removed those 6 spots. I am assuming its 5 stages and 1 DLC button.

And I feel like it could be 5 newcomer stages, but doubt pokemon is getting another stage. I think the retro will get a stage(though not a music panel as most retro's even if they have a stage is in the other catagory), Then, and this is my personal wants here, Shantae, Isaac, and Dragon Quest OR Geno get a stage. As for the 5th... maybe monster hunter has a stage tied to it as well as a boss stage, either that or a stage not tied to a new character. Like Hambo in the past.
Well, I'm kinda refering to the 3DS here. Not only the initial select screen had an empty space (that became the DLC page later), but said DLC page have a lot of space. Of course, this is only DLC, not something totally planned. But still, it could occupy the space in a different manner, like on the WiiU version, instead of leaving this black void. Also, obviously, if we get more stages, I'll be happy!

Yeah... just because Isabelle is a Lucas-style semiclone, don't expect that to be the case for anyone else other than MAYBE Dixie Kong. Isabelle is a juggernaut of a new Nintendo character, with tons of merchandise, popularity, and appearing even in Mario Kart 8. She was definitely one of the first non-Ballot characters decided for this game, and she probably did very well on the Ballot as well. I always thought Inkling - Isabelle - Gen 7 Pokémon were the most likely characters for this game, in that order. I wouldn't be surprised at all if this game was in a similar situation as in Melee in that they realized that all the work they were gonna have with the must-have newcomers and all the veterans meant an overall low number of newcomers, which is why they decided to buff it up a bit with clones.

Which is, honestly, the best thing that could've happened to Medusa as she wouldn't make the cut otherwise, I am sadly certain of that.
Yeah, I agree with Inkling, Isabelle and the Gen 7 pokémon. They are all juggernauts for Nintendo indeed. So yeah, while I'm hoping for the best, let's keep on being realistic, an echo would already be a big opportunity. Especially that, for once, echoes are planned bonuses.

This should have been hard to translate every votes, but yeah, this may help Medusa a bit actually. If people wrote about how she is a female villain, and a important character with the first game and all.

Last edited:

Mariomaniac45213

The Nintendo Villain main!
Switch FC
SW 5604 9250 9133
If we get Medusa, she will be one of my mains for sure (even if she plays like standard Wii U Palutena...) the fact that I could possibly have a team of K.Rool, Ridley, Medusa, Bowser, Ganondorf, Bowser Jr., and Wolf (interchangeable) is TOO good to pass up.

Onua

Smash Journeyman
While I've p much settled on Chrom and Wolf, my fingers are still super super crossed for Medusa
I guess even tho she feels likely, I still have my doubts just to keep myself from being disappointed

GoodShepperd

Smash Apprentice
While I've p much settled on Chrom and Wolf, my fingers are still super super crossed for Medusa
I guess even tho she feels likely, I still have my doubts just to keep myself from being disappointed
Yea I pretty much don't know what to think at all anymore, with the box theory and the coro coro info about the stages and all the other "leaks" and speculation the only thing I know for sure is that it's impossible to really anticipate what's going to happen.

Having said that, Cree Summer's tweets definitely stand out to me. It just seems to me like it would be silly of her to retweet and like tweets like these and get people's hopes up for no reason right? Like who would like a tweet that's literally asking for a hint if there really wasn't anything going on? At the same time, if there is something to announce in regards to Medusa shouldn't she still avoid doing that since she would be under an NDA? There's no real answer

I've gotten to the point where I want to just not think about Smash anymore until the game comes out lol. This is all stressing me out

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
As for what characters I have that's in the roster atm, I do have Pit and Bowser who look brilliant. I'm still waiting on Palutena info to see if she'll be a main again or a secondary, though I may experiment with K.Rool.

For the characters I desire, I have expressed my interest for Phosphora, Medusa, and a Monster Hunter (kinda like MvC's, except better). Depending on the status of characters, how nice they are or not, and if I have fun with em or not, it'll determine who my top 3 are, but so far, it's Pit/Bowser/Palu (where I need more Palu footage to determine where she'll be). Medusa or Phosphora, whoever gets in, may replace Bowser as top 3 and he'll become a secondary. Honestly, I'm just satisfied that Pit's been buffed now, so I can be more confident in using him again, though I admit I miss his Brawl kit.

Erotic&Heretic

Smash Master
Personally I have already :ultzelda::ultganondorf::ultrobin:ultbayonetta: and I'm really hype for both :ultinkling: and Isabelle. I really want to play with that fishing rod for some reasons.

And I'm still hoping for Medusa of course. I really hope that we'll get at least Impa as an echo too. Not my favorite pick from Zelda, but the most logical to me.

Ikanger

Smash Apprentice
God.. just imagine Medusa in this game tho.. like, her render would have me in tears at sight.. it would undoubtedly be a gorgeous render, if not the most gorgeous of all. And her amiibo.. the fact that she'd be one of the Nintendo characters with an amiibo would make me so happy. Her animations, victory screen, taunts, lines voiced by Cree, her interactions with other (KI) characters.. Medusa would 100% become my main. If she ever gets announced, I'll never ask Sakurai anything ever again. Because it would mean my two faves Daisy and Medusa both got in.

I'm keeping my fingers crossed on this..

Having said that, Cree Summer's tweets definitely stand out to me. It just seems to me like it would be silly of her to retweet and like tweets like these and get people's hopes up for no reason right? Like who would like a tweet that's literally asking for a hint if there really wasn't anything going on? At the same time, if there is something to announce in regards to Medusa shouldn't she still avoid doing that since she would be under an NDA? There's no real answer
Ikr? Like, she has to be aware of what effect her actions on Twitter have regarding this.. she has to be aware that it makes people suspicious, but it's subtle enough that it doesn't really confirm anything. And if she is aware of that, which we can't confirm, than that could mean Medusa's inclusion in this game. Aaah, I just wish I could find out.

I just stil feel like when she liked my Tweet where I asked if there was any way she could give a hint could've been her way of giving a hint.. who knows..

Last edited:

GoodShepperd

Smash Apprentice
ok so people keep mentioning her tweets, but I haven't seen them
HOLY **** CREE SUMMER JUST RETWEETED MY DRAWING OF MEDUSA IN ULTIMATE, WHATTHEACTUALF***!!!

I posted the screen on imgur so I could share it here.

Could this really be a hint right here??

https://twitter.com/Jesse_deValk/status/1038819691857420289?s=19

I'll admit it's a pretty desperate Tweet lol but I was trying to see what kind of reaction I could get out of her, if any. A

hmm, I guess the quotes didn't work perfectly but Ikanger tweeted some fanart of Medusa and Cree Summer retweeted it, and then later he sent that other tweet straight up asking for a hint and she liked it.

Last edited:

zferolie

Smash Hero
hmm, I guess the quotes didn't work perfectly but Ikanger tweeted some fanart of Medusa and Cree Summer retweeted it, and then later he sent that other tweet straight up asking for a hint and she liked it.
Ah I saw the fanart retweet, but didn't see that other one. I guess that could be a subtle hint for sure.

Machete

Smash Ace
I wouldn't read into the tweets too much. It's not unusual for a voice actor to like those, I believe. But, I would've thought the same about Shulk's VA doing that back in 4 and we all know how we really feelin it. I think it's good she's not said anything! She might have signed an NDA!

God.. just imagine Medusa in this game tho.. like, her render would have me in tears at sight.. it would undoubtedly be a gorgeous render, if not the most gorgeous of all. And her amiibo.. the fact that she'd be one of the Nintendo characters with an amiibo would make me so happy. Her animations, victory screen, taunts, lines voiced by Cree, her interactions with other (KI) characters.. Medusa would 100% become my main. If she ever gets announced, I'll never ask Sakurai anything ever again. Because it would mean my two faves Daisy and Medusa both got in.

I'm keeping my fingers crossed on this..
Honestly, even if I didn't want to play as her, and I do to the point of playing much more Palutena in 4 to mentally prepare myself, part of why I want her in the game is because I want all of this. Her render would be smashing. Her taunts would be great. I want a mean woman with an edge, Bayonetta is too self-aware and silly for that. She adds variety to the roster in such a basic, yet fundamental way. Pretty much all important fighting game franchises have their hot evil lady as one of the absolute fan favorites, we need one in Smash!

Top Bottom