• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Quakfest 8: Melee>brawl -PLEASE PARK ON ROSEWOOD WAY + GO THROUGH SIDE DOOR

quak

Smash Champion
QUAKFEST 8: MELEE > BRAWL

*THIS WILL BE A MELEE TOURNAMENT, BRAWL IS BORING AND LAME

(might have one tiny tv for brawl...)

When? - Saturday 5-17-08 11:00 AM - wheneverish

Where? - My house:

568 Country Isle
Alameda, Ca 94501

i recommend two things: A) you google maps it and B) use the high street bridge as people tend to get lost with the other bridges/TUBES

What? - Double Elim bracket of Teams, Singles, and other fun **** like drafted crews or maybe even brawl, whatever goes

How much? - 10/team for doubles, 5 for singles, bring change

THINGS I NEED

Cubes/wii's

It doesn't hurt to bring it, worst case senerio, you leave it in the car, but i want 1 more minimum

1. Me
2. darell
3. zhu
4. lumpy

TV's

Bring me a good tv, and you get soda for the day. As in can after can after can. Orange soda is the ****.

1. Me
2. Brandon
3. zhu

RIDES FROM BART

i will give rides from the fruitvale bart station to my house, but you have to contact me about it first

Tell me if you plan on attending NOW, head count is always good to know for accommodations of seats and stuff

BE AT BART AT 10- Once everyone is there, i'll pick you up

1.darell
2. vodage
________

I NEED CUBES AND TV'S!!!

quak

Smash Champion
depending on estimated turnout, i might have to make ppl call dibs

as in i don't want more than 30 ppl there, it'd get a little cramped, though this time i will have more space with another room

quak

Smash Champion
This is bb on Quaks account,
Everyone else: Please come...
use more authority in you voice sir

plus you have ur own account, lazy ***

and yes, i still have orange soda, it's a vital staple

ty for sticky lol

TheZhuKeeper

Smash Champion
Zhu cant do that yet. No full length DBR combo video for him to watch.
I got good from bombsoldier vids, and bombsoldier's falco in Brawl isn't fun to watch at all. But that's Brawl's fault really, not his.

w/e, I don't have a Wii. I don't plan on investing time or money in Brawl until the game picks up a bit. I just really hope Brawl doesn't revolve too much around infinites and camping. I'm hoping people will figure ways around them and speed up the pace of matches.

Lumpy..

Smash Ace
um...
about what time will the events be over?
(just guess or something...)
because i wanna go, but i'd have to leave around 7:30 or 8ish...

PLEASE RESPOND!!!! i'm tryin' to get good at this game, and i can't do it at home...

edit: i can bring a cube... and i can bring my wii too if it will be treated as another cube lolz

quak

Smash Champion
This is bb on Quaks account,
Everyone else: Please come...
use more authority in you voice sir

plus you have ur own account, lazy ***

and yes, i still have orange soda, it's a vital staple

ty for sticky lol

Zoap

Smash Master
I got good from bombsoldier vids, and bombsoldier's falco in Brawl isn't fun to watch at all. But that's Brawl's fault really, not his.

w/e, I don't have a Wii. I don't plan on investing time or money in Brawl until the game picks up a bit. I just really hope Brawl doesn't revolve too much around infinites and camping. I'm hoping people will figure ways around them and speed up the pace of matches.
Your joking right? I dont see how someone who uses falco in melee can not like the advantage of camping and infinites. I think ima put this on my list of Zhu's craziest quotes next to the SS camps my falco on FD and I think I can beat the King. :) much <3 zhu we still need to play some melee

Lumpy dont come u make my world sad.

Quak Ill teach u how to play falco, I taught all the greats just look at PC Chris and Forward.

If you come Fabian bring my sleeping bag cover lol

I want a DBR combo with no Silentspectres and extra Germs. Also can I get a substitute of The King for my Hella and get an extra order of Bobacks and a large DSF to drink. Thankyou your total is Bob$ and Zelgadis at the first window :laugh::psycho::dizzy:

sidefx

Smash Champion

i like how people want other people to break the game first, and just sit back while everyone else does the work. i honestly dont think thats fair in anyway.. if you feel as if you would be playing this game in the future if it turned out "better", then why arent you trying to break it as well?

TheZhuKeeper

Smash Champion
i like how people want other people to break the game first, and just sit back while everyone else does the work. i honestly dont think thats fair in anyway.. if you feel as if you would be playing this game in the future if it turned out "better", then why arent you trying to break it as well?
I don't have time.

For me, "breaking the game" and making it "better" are two different things. "Breaking" it means exploiting how the game was made and it seems the biggest exploits being developed right now are chaingrabs and infinites, two aspects of Melee I liked the least. "Better" for me is an aggressive / fast / combo based game, the reason why I still enter Melee tournaments and play Falco / Fox.

I know Brawl requires a lot of mental endurance and has it's own unique depth, but it just doesn't interest me, the same way Melee no longer interests you =/

Back to the thread, Zoap you still want to do those money matches, we always forget LOOOL. Eh w/e, either way we should definitely play at quak's!

Little England

Smash Master
Purdue, W Lafayette IN Rancho Cucamonga, SoCal
um...
about what time will the events be over?
(just guess or something...)
because i wanna go, but i'd have to leave around 7:30 or 8ish...

PLEASE RESPOND!!!! i'm tryin' to get good at this game, and i can't do it at home...

edit: i can bring a cube... and i can bring my wii too if it will be treated as another cube lolz

LOL! I saw the avatar and post and automatically thought it was Thomas, then I looked at the name...

quak

Smash Champion
lemme clarify,

SINGLES will be over way before 8

friendlies and fun **** will end whenever the **** ever

bb.

Smash Apprentice
Why the hell is this stickied?!?!?!

We do usually do doubles before singles.

Do u wanna money match lumpy? =)

Lumpy..

Smash Ace
Why the hell is this stickied?!?!?!

We do usually do doubles before singles.

Do u wanna money match lumpy? =)
perhaps... (i'm not even good... i should really not mm people... jerk... ha)
but this time i will smashDI once in a while haha
so ur in trouble this time...

edit: mm = how much?

EdreesesPieces

Smash Bros Before Hos
BRoomer
NNID
EdreesesPieces
Why couldn't you just call this is "melee is awesome" or Melee ***** tournament? Do you INSIST on making that comparison to Brawl to instigate conflict!? I don't understand why thats necessary.

Lumpy..

Smash Ace
it's funner if you offend people while making ur point...
duhzzzzzz
and if i make every mm a 5er i will have no money left...
cuz all you fruits are better than me... haha
but we'll see...
we will see...

Top Bottom