• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official [QLD] Tournament & General Thread: Next Event - UQ Smash 15 - 19/12/15

Nido

ily Sebby
7-8 December?

If I can get the money I might come up. I'd be keen to spread the P:M if I came too.

dean.

NNID
dean7599
3DS FC
1435-4425-6023
Hey, was looking at travelling a bit this summer so am pretty keen to come to this.:) Will just look over my work dates before booking flights but things should be good.

About accommodation, I saw this mentioned a few pages back:

Travelodge Motel, Upper Mt Gravatt, Garden City IIRC. I think we usually pay $300 from Friday to Sunday. So that's $75 per person. I'm willing to put in a bit more if someone can't quite meet that, but as I said, I think it'd be really cool to have us all in the one place for once and have something actually organized. If people don't want to do it though, that's fine. It's just an idea.
Is it worth looking into sharing a room here with others?
Or when the time comes shall I humbly ask around for housing offers.
Thanks guys:)

Remastered

Smash Lord
About accommodation, I saw this mentioned a few pages back:

Is it worth looking into sharing a room here with others?
Or when the time comes shall I humbly ask around for housing offers.
Thanks guys:)
Best people to talk to about bunking at the travel lodge are Jesmo & Aero. They can help you organise a room with them etc. They would know the owners & employees at that travel lodge like they were family by now.

smopup

Smash Journeyman
How many Brawl players have set ups with Project M? A tourney for it would be cool, especially if the new build with Mewtwo is released by then.

Jesmo

Smash Journeyman
Well, sadly I probably won't be attending this, as much as I was looking forward to it. It happens to land on my 18'th birthday and I'm pretty sure my family wants to spend it with me.

A bit disappointing since I was really, really looking to this. I've been practicing Brawl and Melee quite a bit. Oh well, next time I suppose. :/

Karnu

yaylatios.gif
NNID
Karnuu
3DS FC
3952-7040-9841
Well, sadly I probably won't be attending this, as much as I was looking forward to it. It happens to land on my 18'th birthday and I'm pretty sure my family wants to spend it with me.

A bit disappointing since I was really, really looking to this. I've been practicing Brawl and Melee quite a bit. Oh well, next time I suppose. :/

NOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hughie

Smash Lad
I want to go.
I probably can't, BUT THERE'S THE POSSIBILITY. I'm pretty sure if I go up for a week or something around then I can go.

PaulieProcket

Smash Cadet
This looks really fun, I think I want to come to up to it. So I'm from Sydney, what's the general transport method people are taking up? Also I'd have to look into housing or w/e for the weekend, but if transport can be sorted out I think housing shouldn't be too much of a worry I suppose, I guess I'm just wondering how anyone from around Sydney is going up there, it'd be cool to try and tag along or something, thanks :)

UR Lunchbox

Smash Rookie
Hey guys Im kinda new to competitive ssb, havnt played it in years but I would love to give it ago :)
I have a few questions regarding the comp that hopefully someone might be able to answer.

How big Is Super Smash Bros in Aus?
Is this being run by LanSmash?
Is their any requirements for playing? eg bring controller/Console?
I noticed their arnt many Melee players on the list? last time I checked melee is better? Although iv been
out of the scene in ages.
Is there a time limit to register?

Sorry for the all questions
Thanks

Karnu

yaylatios.gif
NNID
Karnuu
3DS FC
3952-7040-9841
The scene is meh

LANsmash is running it

Melee is dead here but some are trying to get it going

You have until the 5th of December (could you add that in, Matt?) to register in the sign up thread

Bring your own controller and bringing a TV and a wii+game helps sooo much!

Karnu

yaylatios.gif
NNID
Karnuu
3DS FC
3952-7040-9841
If you attended then you'd be contributing to numbers, and more numbers means more people will take interest. I blame the lack of entries for having such small numbers. We really need to spread the word and not just hope and sit and wait for people to join!

Banner is up!

J-Birds

Smash Lord
ahh the gelding show how could you forget

last time I checked melee is better?
you are correct
i like this guy

the majority of qld melee players have played for for like a million years and aren't motivated anymore
and any young blood is corrupted by brawl
:C

UR Lunchbox

Smash Rookie
ahh the gelding show how could you forget

you are correct
i like this guy

the majority of qld melee players have played for for like a million years and aren't motivated anymore
and any young blood is corrupted by brawl
:C
Hahaha yea.. I never really got a chance to play Melee competitive because of my age at the time (now18)
Would love to play melee, Anyone who played it when it came out can understand how much better it is :)

Remastered

Smash Lord
People need to get out of the mindset that brawl isn't a technical game. At top level, and I mean beyond what Australia is currently capable of anywhere in the country, brawl is insanely tech heavy and an extremely deep game.

Apollo, Attila and Ross (DoMo) will be staying with me for this coming tournament, and entering brawl. Plenty of good players attending, so players should be practicing now as much as they can.

Darkwing SykeDuk

Smash Dankist
brawl is weak technically compared to melee

no one is saying brawl lacks any tech skill, it just has a different type of tech compared to melee

like street fighter tech
or marvel tech
or pokemon tech......

Top Bottom