• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official [QLD] Tournament & General Thread: Next Event - UQ Smash 15 - 19/12/15

Jesmo

Smash Journeyman
Yeah, it is still happening, sadly. I'll be up here in about 4 months. Oh no... phone dying... remember me as I was. Also, no rush, aero. Serves me right for leaving my booking so late.

Sloth

Smash Ace
Got home from comp now. Had fun - had to forfeit due to brawl holding up melee. So much forfeit ! As Zac had to leave too.

Oh well, was still entertaining~! Good to see such decent turn outs to events. I feel like we can bring back Gold Coast vs Brisbane crews soon :D ~!
I'd love to fit in crews of some sort into future events. Either GC vs Brisbane, or QLD vs VIC people and TAS people. Or just newer players verse newer plays. Would be fun to watch and scream the hype

YEAH GANON <3 Bob. Hope you loved Zac and I loud noise :D

Wonder where I placed with leaving ;/

Aussierob123

Smash Champion
Oldschool vs newschool crews, like zac sloth radiance Ryan bob Dino and other oldies that come back vs jbirds spup kansho cal aussierob and all the other new guys.

Aussierob123

Smash Champion
We should have a strictly crews tournament. I think that would be way more fun than standard singles doubles tournies. Even if it's just a draft crews tournament.

Krayon

Smash Rookie
Play Warehouse 2 - Brawl Singles bracket.png

1: Apples
2: ****ashi
3: Jesmo
4: Blade
5: DoMo
5: Archaze
7: Gords
7: Cal
9: Zydro
9: Kiy
9: Aerodrome

Krayon

Smash Rookie
Play Warehouse 2 - Melee Singles bracket.png

1: smopup
2: Kansho
3: Syke
4: Cal
5: Jbirds
5: Sloth
7: Rad
7: Rob
9: phrase
9: Mytus
9: Tranq
9: neon
13: Dino
13: Bob
13: Josiah
13: Blade
17: Mirokii
17: Crash Overide
17: Blue
17: Gords
17: JediLink
17: J1mbo
17: Party
25: Lord Ox Moose

Splice

Smash Hero
Good stuff with the stream guys, brilliant of you to set it up.
Grats to Spup, and good to see Rob make some moves!

Haikal use more shine->grab on shield, especially if you're having trouble sustaining shield pressure :)

DoMo was in QLD for Brawl? That's cool too!

smopup

Smash Journeyman
Apparently they're lost forever because a particular box wasn't checked in the Twitch settings. =( I really hope there's a way to recover them, I wanna relive that match on FD everyday.

Anyway, shoutouts:

Haikal: Finally, we're even. I'm not looking forward to having palpitations during the decider at LanSmash.
Syke: For the free $$$$$$$$$
G$$$$$$$$$: Where the **** is this guy. Truly the enigma of the Queensland Smash scene.
Cal: Just a Scrubby Marth That's Gonna Get Bopped = best team. Good to see you again dude.
Gords: So sick that you could make the trip too. Your Queensland dress game was on point.
Woodley: "Just don't go for the grab."
Jbirds: I hope you level up like crazy when you break in your new controller. That stick on your current one is whack. Btw, thanks for providing the sweet tunes during GF.
Bob and Dino: You guys have the best BBQs. Thanks for the post-tournament hangs.
Sloth: Dude we really need to play at the next tournament. I don't think I've played you in singles yet, even in friendlies.
New people (Bluesho, JediLink and others): Good stuff for entering! Really hope to see you all at future events and get some matches in.

Last edited:

KuroganeHammer

It's ya boy
BRoomer
NNID
Aerodrome
cool tournament guize!

shoutouts to everyone! omg I'm getting worse at the game every tournament!

I'm not sure why people are complaining about the Brawl tournament holding the bracket up (?) I believe that we still ran on time afaik.

It's not our fault people had to leave early :happysheep:

Darkwing SykeDuk

Smash Dankist
rankings arent up

player list is out dated

rules modified

... so everything melee related on the front page is wrong.

brawl is dying and will be more so soon as smash 4 is released anyway. rankings are irrelevant at this stage in Qld for brawl and the rules aren't going to change

make way for melee, the peoples champion

Last edited:

KuroganeHammer

It's ya boy
BRoomer
NNID
Aerodrome
stop holding ur brawl buddies hand and change it already >_>
Didn't you have the thread ownership before? The stuff can't be that out of date if I only just handed over thread ownership to Matt from you. Unless you didn't update the thread before hand like you were meant too...

PM me the stuff you want changed.

Darkwing SykeDuk

Smash Dankist
The total entrants for the last 3 brawl tourneys dont even equal just 1 out of the last 3 melee tourneys.

Better let a brawl player have the qld thread.

I thought matt quit and wasnt coming back ever again? Defs someone I'd want leading the scene.

KuroganeHammer

It's ya boy
BRoomer
NNID
Aerodrome
The total entrants for the last 3 brawl tourneys dont even equal just 1 out of the last 3 melee tourneys.

Better let a brawl player have the qld thread.

I thought matt quit and wasnt coming back ever again? Defs someone I'd want leading the scene.
I don't see what entrant numbers has anything to do with the thread OP?

I like Matt, he's very efficient.

Sloth

Smash Ace
cool tournament guize!

shoutouts to everyone! omg I'm getting worse at the game every tournament!

I'm not sure why people are complaining about the Brawl tournament holding the bracket up (?) I believe that we still ran on time afaik.

It's not our fault people had to leave early :happysheep:
Brawl bracket held up my side for about an hour and a half. I had to sit around from 3:20pm to almost 5 which is when my side of the bracket started moving again. It isn't anyone's fault I had to leave early - but that is why a few of us are saying brawl held up melee.

KuroganeHammer

It's ya boy
BRoomer
NNID
Aerodrome
Brawl bracket held up my side for about an hour and a half. I had to sit around from 3:20pm to almost 5 which is when my side of the bracket started moving again. It isn't anyone's fault I had to leave early - but that is why a few of us are saying brawl held up melee.
Didn't you guys screw up the melee bracket? That's probably why you guys went overtime.

Also I was upstairs and I didn't see either of you telling the players who supposedly held up the bracket to hurry up with their matches.

Sloth

Smash Ace
Didn't you guys screw up the melee bracket? That's probably why you guys went overtime.

Also I was upstairs and I didn't see either of you telling the players who supposedly held up the bracket to hurry up with their matches.
Should be up to the TO to make sure the brackets are moving at a good pace. Not the players who attend a event - I had nothing to do with the melee bracket screw up but afaik it took about 15minutes to fix it all up.

smopup

Smash Journeyman
As far as I know, the Melee bracket was fine. Just had to add in some latecomers which hardly took any time at all. Also, I went upstairs several times to try and get Cal when he was in the middle of some matches. It did slow things down a bit, but that's just one of the problems of having people entering multiple games over a one-day tournament. Nobody's ****ting on Brawl or anything. In the future we're just going to have to do something like start the singles bracket while finals are taking place in doubles.

Also, totally forgot to shoutout Matt. This tournament series is sick, and you're such a good host. We need to address a few things though:
  • THE GATE. Are we able to get the code to open the gate after going to get lunch?
  • In hindsight maybe downstairs for Melee isn't the best idea? I think people are willing to sacrifice the cooler room for more space.

Last edited:

Splice

Smash Hero
When you've got 8 byes and the bracket can be divided into 8ths, idk why you have 5 byes on one half of the bracket.

Top Bottom