• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[QLD] The Power of Science - TPoS6: 21st April

J-Birds

Smash Lord
meh zac induces sandbagging on his opponents = me giving up and deciding just to do random wavelands and such
also lol didnt win any games with fox in tourney

Pantsmann

Smash Lord
zac only induces sandbagging because we know we can't beat him. or at least that's how i go. i try hardest with players at basically the same level as me because i know that if i try then i might be able to beat people like rob, and if i don't try then i'll lose to jbirds/dark. however when playing against people like ben/ryan/zac i know imma lose no matter how hard i try so what's the point?

Pantsmann

Smash Lord
that's what i use friendlies for. when i can play 20+ matches against somebody better than me i'll try for hours to get better because it gives me lots of opportunities to try out things and learn from my mistakes. but in tournament when i only get 2-3 matches max it doesn't really feel worth the effort - i'd rather just get it over and done with and move on to matches that matter.

Pantsmann

Smash Lord
wut, how could i forget that you ****?

because i said that if i try i MIGHT be able to beat you?

pretty sure that still says that i think you're good =\

imma have to follow zac's how to get good guide once i'm finished my assessment. cept for that learn your character part. cbf character forums. imma just wing that bit. see how it goes.

J-Birds

Smash Lord
thats so defeatest dif
but yeah i try hardest against people better than me apart from zac, he just makes me **** around and cbf.
running better against ben each time but havent versed ryan/rob in tournament in a long time.

Aussierob123

Smash Champion
I try against zac every time. Zac isn't a super human, he has a thought process too, it's just that everyone ****in jumps in and tries to hit him and he punishes. Watch it, I guarantee you almost every time zac gets a hit / combo / stock it's because we did something stupid or made a dumb decision. The most popular is trying to come down on him with an aerial when he's standing there. Why kind of a dumb idea is that. You would try and punch mike tyson in the face if he can see you coming, cuz he's just gnna step back and **** all over your face.

:phone:

CaLibUr_1337

Smash Lord
I kinda regret not trying really hard at getting better at this game from the moment I joined the scene but I think I've improved a lot compared to early this year.

Darkwing SykeDuk

Smash Dankist
you guys make it pretty easy fo meh lol

rob - 99.9% of winning comes down to who makes less mistakes.. the other 0.1% is when you fall thru the stage on pokestadium lolololol

plus marths game relies almost entirely on reaction rather than pressure.

one thing to always remember is patience, never feel like your forced to attack. Always think about your possibilities and outcomes. check this - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5w3DyuhEQuQ notice how often I just sat back and charged needles or went to charge then popped my shield up.

Fox/Falco/Shiek all have a huge advantage over marth/falcon/jiggs/peach - they can chose to sit back and projectile spam. This forces a mindset into the opponent that they will have to eventually approach you otherwise they'll lose out on projectile damage. It can usually cause the opponent to panic and rush in as well, as Ben did a few times.

I was discussing a lot of things about shiek tactics with m2k and one that we both kept talking about was forcing your opponent to mess up ther techs.

How? Match starts, your shiek and you charge your needles, you either wait for them to jump then get them as ther landing OR wait for them to land and they usually shield expecting the needles so u go for a grab, then wait for the tech and throw out the needles. At this stage they could be up to 30% dmg if u got a hit or 2 when u grabbed them. You can choose to do it again or go to gay tactic 1.

This is when you retreat to the edge and start spamming your up-b stall. Opponent gets pissed. After about 20 seconds you get back on the stage and fight normal for a bit. If you think your going to lose your lead you go back to needle camping to get a decent lead, then head back to stalling. By now the opponent is getting frustrated. They start to feel that they need to capitalise on every hit they get. So they start to feel nervous and jittery and miss occasional techs. This is when you start going for shield grabs as they will more than likely start messing up ther l-cancels etc.

Thers a lot of tactics like this I'll go into further later on when I remember them.

Aussierob123

Smash Champion
Yeah it's good.

And yeah the less mistakes thing is what I mean, not taking anything from you zac but everyone treats you and kas like you can't be touched or something, when really all you guys are doing is punishing us for our own stupidity lol. That is the point of smash after all, and the sooner we deal with it the sooner we get better and tournaments become more interesting.

:phone:

Pantsmann

Smash Lord
So i think next tournament can't be until next year because next weekend is santasmash, and then it's everybody's-on-holidays time. i'll try and do a lot of meets at my place though and hopefully antho will have a ton of meets at his, so that should keep us going until next year.

Pantsmann

Smash Lord
so i've had one vote for next tournmanet being 7/8 of jan. i'm not sure how feasible that is yet i'll have to get in contact with the hall once they get back from christmas break... but any thoughts on when the next tournament should be?

CaLibUr_1337

Smash Lord
Hmm dunno since Pokemon tcg city championship is on the 8th. If you go through with this date then put me down as a maybe.

Top Bottom