• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[QLD] Power Rankings V6.5 - Update 4/1/13

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pantsmann

Smash Lord
spin control stick and c stick in opposite directions while also mashing the grab button. i believe that's the most inputs per second possible using the regular finger layout.

Pikaninja15

Smash Rookie
Yes, IC's should definitely be banned, they are nearly as annoying as olimar, and seriously Matt, if u actually played a proper game without always using chain grabs, then it might actually be a more interesting battle :/
Blade should also learn to play a proper game instead of camping the whole time.. No skill is involved, just annoyance..

Leisha

Top Tier Pillow
NNID
Miss-ChuChu
Well ice climbers **** pikachu pretty hard unfortunately.

I don't mind the chain grabs that much, but its really biast for me since rob Lols all over ICs.

:phone:

Remastered

Smash Lord
IC's are a cheap win against characters at a MU disadvantage. That's why so many top players run some sort of IC secondary. I would never play a MU that IC's are at a disadvantage in because my IC's aren't that good and are frustrating like you wouldn't believe to use. So often Nana doesn't do exactly what you want it to do, and different characters cause forced desynch making Nana zroll instead of pivot grab, or not recover with you when you upB. It can be more frustrating to use IC's then it is to verse them.

The majority of grabs aren't exactly a walk in the park to perform either. Plus you can shake out ridiculously easily if you know how to do it properly.

Remastered

Smash Lord
I will be higher in the next one. This was updated before reloaded. Probably third going off the last tourney results. I finished behind Jaice at the last lansmash and beat Jesmo, and then came 3rd behind both of them at the last tourney.

Toki is really good too, the top 6 in QLD are very good. All capable of taking matches off each other.

Remastered

Smash Lord
He is getting there. Gave my scrub, trolling Snake a better run then I thought he would. Let's not forget that match against Cal in crews either :p.

If he can out place anyone in the bottom 4 of the PR, he could maybe take their spots, but lets see if that happens first ;)

Toki is training him well, straight USA tactics.

Remastered

Smash Lord
I had to sorry Cal lol

I was just talking to Jaice tonight about how methodic the higher level of play becomes when you start to practice and take it seriously. I can understand why Jbirds only likes particular MU's now. So many MU's are just not fun to play at all.

Olimar or GnW v MK for example are hell boring to play. Poke and run tactics making almost every game go to time (outside of oli gimps). MK racks up damage on GnW easily but can't get the kill. On the other hand, you can lose your own stock at 90% because of their ridiculous killing power, and only being able to punish a mistake window for an opposing KO.

Pikaninja15

Smash Rookie
Yeah, Iceclimbers and their chain grab.. Pikachu has no chance, so no point even versing them. Im thinking of picking up a secondary = Fox... But still, at competitions i will use pikachu until I play fox some more.
I do believe that Blade will end up on the PR and i rekon he will knock out Popdart, or Vyse :p

Remastered

Smash Lord
Just a heads up Tiahn, Fox is horrible bad against IC's. Also the MU against Kirby is probably the least fun to play out of any other match up. So many locks will make you want to snap your control. Although it's blade so he may not know how to do them haha.

Popdart has a wii now so he should be able to practice and get better. Atm Vyse is too good for Blade to take his position, and has a better mind for the game because of uber experience. If Popdart hasn't gotten any better, then it may be that Blade knocks him off the PR. All depends on results and skill in the end though.

Pikaninja15

Smash Rookie
I have no idea who i should use as a secondary then, i only really like using Pikachu, coz hes a boss :p
And Popdart defs needs to practice coz it will all be lols if he gets knocked out by Blade.
And yeah Peach does seem reasonable enoguh, i guess i can just ask Jaice to teach me how to use her.

Remastered

Smash Lord
Looking at your MU's Tiahn, your best secondary would be one of either, MK (Obvious), Diddy, Marth, or Olimar.

Don't use peach, she bad, and Jaice will never teach you how to use her because he doesn't want you maining his mains.

Remastered

Smash Lord
Yeh true that.

Looking at the PR again makes me think it really needs adjusting. Arrow's inclusion, Cal move up, Popdart comes off it. Maybe do a 5.5 before ACL and a proper update after ACL or next LD?

Pikaninja15

Smash Rookie
Umm, what u mean, i believe that i am prettty good at using pikacu, coz i am 7th on the PR
And cal is just above me, soo i rekon at he next competition, i will take Cal's place :)
Matt, can u please have another game night with everyone, coz im bored and i need to train against Cal, Jesmo, Toki, and you :)

CaLibUr_1337

Smash Lord
Umm, what u mean, i believe that i am prettty good at using pikacu, coz i am 7th on the PR
Forgive me if I'm being harsh but you never earned your spot on the PR to begin with. Two PR's ago that was the case with me as well but I've now proven myself that I should be on there.

Everyone below Arrow's skill level is pretty much filler. If people like J-birds and Hotdogz were to return then you would be removed almost instantly.

If you really do wanna get better than I suggest actually learning matchups, watching good pikachu players such as ESAM and implenting advanced techniques such as QAC into your game. As it currently stands, Toki's pikachu is better than yours and he doesn't even try to be good with the character lol.

Also friendlies don't count ;)

Remastered

Smash Lord
As harsh as it sounds, Cal is right. Arrow will be above you on the next PR Tiahn, simply because he is a much better player.

When Pop, Blade, Cruso & yourself can take matches off players in the top 7 rather than just a stock, you will move up. Although Vyse & Emery's results don't show it, I personally think they are also above you in terms of skill level however a small scene only allows for so many players placing better than last and second last.

Not just J-birds and Hotdogs, but Oldman & Sea would also take your position easily if they returned.

If you know how to punish Tiahn's Dsmash and her bounty of silly mistakes she makes, the match is a walk in the park because there is nothing technical about her play style.

My Pika beats yours in ditto's too Tiahn lol

I remember back when the scene was much larger and I consistently came 7th with Luigi for about a year Tiahn, and I still couldn't get a place on the PR.

J-Birds

Smash Lord
This thread pains me, make it top 5 already

Also with me telling Rocko not to be stupid he would easily beat all of you

Remastered

Smash Lord
When you join back into the brawl scene J-birds, I might consider that opinion of yours regarding the PR. For now though, it doesn't hold much weight.

As for Rocko, I highly doubt it, I remember him being quite good, but I also remember beating him a year ago. I'm 50x better than the trash I was back then lol. If he has gotten better though, why doesn't he come and compete and show us these amazing skills?

Remastered

Smash Lord
Actually after the next big tourney, it will give us a chance to rank S.D and smoking puppy if they attend ACL.

I know S.D will be there, so I'll PM him and ask if he wants to be considered for the PR.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom