• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[QLD] Brisbane/Gold Coast Meets & Tournaments

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remastered

Smash Lord
Life can suck Toki, but there is always time for smash trust me.

I can't let you quit without knowing I finally overcame that Marth. Depending on your situation, you might be able to take up the spare room at mine once you get a job? That's if you think you can stand living with me and ness :)

Pantsmann

Smash Lord
yeah sweet melee this weekend. saturday, northgate meeting room (underneath northgate hall) corner of scott and ridge streets. start time 10am, finish 5pm. bring tvs and setups (mostly setups).

cpahanso

Smash Apprentice
Well, I'm still pretty sick, but I'm feeling a bit better today so I hope I'll be well enough for tomorrow. Whether or not if I can bring a setup depends on if I can get a lift.

J-Birds

Smash Lord
Whos coming tomorrow?
Rob/Ryan/Zac/Ben??

Should i bring my Cube Dif? I dont have a copy of melee is all...

I want friendlys =)

cpahanso

Smash Apprentice
Well jack's coming and I should do if I'm feeling ok. Might be able to bring a setup if parents agree to drive me XD Who else is bringing setups?

Pantsmann

Smash Lord
well me and hugh will have 5 tvs. 3 full setups and two tvs needing cubes/melee. so as long as two people bring setups it should be sweet.

signon from 10-11, doubles starts at 11 sharp. should be able to get doubles out of the way by 1, break 1-2. then singles until 5.

ROUGH guide. my number is 0466365739 for anybody who gets stuck.

Pantsmann

Smash Lord
crews was massive wack. decent turnout. made back venue fee exactly again XD although next time i'll remember to bring a lot more $5 notes >_< sorry about the late start, took an hour to get the guy there, took 5 minutes for him to fix the problem.

didn't do as well as i wanted, but that's k, i'm bad. BEN TRAIN ME TO BE GOOD. might even be willing to trake trips down the coast to play with rob/ryan sometime. massive hype to get better.

proper shoutouts later.

cpahanso

Smash Apprentice
good tourney, big thanks to dif. Of course I'm pretty disappointed with my placing but i guess I can't expect much of myself when I'm sick. On the other hand OMFGTHIRDPLACEINTEAMS lol jack carried me.
Dun worry rob, you were just having a bad day, you'll come back and **** everyone next time.

SOMEONE TELL ME HOW TO BEAT FALCO T_T

Pantsmann

Smash Lord
THE POWER OF SCIENCE 2 RESULTS:​

Doubles:
1. C**K (Zac + Ryan)
2. Team SNSD (Kami + Lachlan)
3. Jamaican Bobsled Team (Uber + Darkfire)
4. Ask Rob (Rob + Jbirds)
5. It's just not libya without the colonel (Bob + Arrow + Hype)
5. SeaDif (SeaDorf + Dif)
7. Sword Iris (Cal + Hugh)

Singles:
1: Yul (zac)
2: Kami
3: Accelerate
4: Rob
5: Dif
5: Dark
7: Lachlan
7: Calibre
9: Hughalicous
9: JBirds
9: Arrow
9: Uber
13: Seadorf
13: TigerDorf

if people want i can post brackets.
what'd you all think about paying for both doubles and singles? good? bad? too much money? too little money?

cpahanso

Smash Apprentice
I think $15 total to give both doubles and singles a pot and also cover the venue is fine. It's way less than lansmash. Doubles should definitely have a pot. Especially if it's going to be before singles on the day. I use up all my steam in doubles T_T. Great tourney dif! :D

J-Birds

Smash Lord
Good tourney Dif
Pretty dissapointed with my performance... but meh gotta finish my food and learn to fox ditto i suppose
I wouldnt mind seeing the bracket, also whens the next tourney planned for?

Lachlan and Kami should come to more stuff

Pantsmann

Smash Lord
soz zac. fixed it.

dunno when next one is. when do you guys want it? should i set these up to be biweekly? or keep it to one per month? basically it depends on how often and how much money you guys are willing to put in to this. i'm leaning towards having regular meets and just one tournament a month.

also ryan, how much does your work charge for checking and tagging?

vids are going up now: www.youtube.com/thedifinitive
you may notice some discrepancies between the vids and the bracket, that's because i switched lachlan and hugh after they'd both lost their first matches because lachlan+kami ended up playing in 2nd round and that wasn't cool - so there will be 2 vids that exist which the brackets don't show: dark vs lachlan and hugh vs uber

Singles

Doubles

J-Birds

Smash Lord
Matt crys about metaknight and claims he is better because he uses mid tier characters then as soon as he loses switches to metaknight and does no better?

Remastered

Smash Lord
You're still bad.

Edit: Oh, and now that you don't play Brawl, that would make you one of the worst smash players in QLD lol.

You should come play Brawl and I'll beat your S tier MK with my C tier Fox again, that was fun :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom