• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[QLD] Brisbane/Gold Coast Meets & Tournaments

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hotdog

Smash Lord
No one goes to SA, let alone that tournament lol, most of it is like a 4-way FFA 128-man bracket.

Vyse

Faith, Hope, Love, Luck
BRoomer
Yeah so my whole life is in boxes right now behind me.
I also found a stash of like 30 posters from PMS IV.

The one with Samus and Pikachu.

Hey, the weekend we move is also a long weekend.

B)

****ashi

Smash Apprentice
The next state I visit for Smash is definately gonna be SA, but those dates look like the dates I'll be overseas.

Good luck with moving Vyse <3

Pantsmann

Smash Lord
assume 23rd unless otherwise stated.
tmr i'll post more info.
soz for the really late info for this, kinda been wrapped up in uni stuff... >_<
but since you and ben can't make the 23rd the next one after that will probs be pretty soon. like 2 weeks after i guess.

Vyse

Faith, Hope, Love, Luck
BRoomer
Move number 1 is done. Parents are more or less moved to pacific pines. Bloody good house. Double garage, two bathrooms, really spacey (good spacing?).

My move happens in about 11 days. For the moment I'm based in crestmead with Nat. Let me know about Midwest bs. I can drive around now etc.

Pantsmann

Smash Lord
update: turns out (after they said "yeah 23rd is fine" a while back >_<) that i CAN'T have the hall on the 23rd. so i've booked for the 30th. hype vid will be up after tuesday.

sorry about that guys =\ possible meet at mine on the weekend to make up for it (and many meets over the uni break probably). PM me if you're interested.

Remastered

Smash Lord
Matt's Meat III

When: 10am until late. 24th, April 2011

What: Brawl, Pokemon (Game & Cards), Yugioh (Cards).

Where: My place, PM me if you need details.

Who: Anyone who plays anything in the 'What' category.

Singles Normal and Low tier tourney will be played for Brawl. No cash prize, just good competitive play. New patio area setup outside now for extra space, food & games. Crews if time permits, which it usually does.

If everyone brings a small item of food or drink to share, that would be awesome. Eg, bottle of coke, packet of shapes. Will head out for usual lunch and dinner run.

Let me know if you are intending to attend.

Once I find a venue, Luigi's Dungeon (LD) tourney will hopefully commence. A Brawl only initiative that I will talk to Vyse about starting up.

seaDORF

Smash Journeyman
Isn't the 24th Easter Sunday? Pretty sure it is. Damn, i'd love to go matt but i'll be down at my dad's at cabarita that weekend.

Are you or jaice or anyone for that matter free to hang next week at any stage i.e. have the week off? I'll play with anyone really melee or brawl. Just keen on playing again. Haven't turned on my wii or gamecube since earlier this year, getting a little dusty lol.

I'll be working next week but if someone wants to play smash for the day, i'll get a day off. I hope i get to go to dif's tourney. I haven't played competitive smash since santasmash in december... getting kinda desperate to attend something now.

Remastered

Smash Lord
Yeh it is, I don't celebrate easter apart from giving chocolate in the morning.

I'll be free next week during the evenings, so tell me what night best suits you and Jaice and I will be there.

Pantsmann

Smash Lord
Isn't the 24th Easter Sunday? Pretty sure it is. Damn, i'd love to go matt but i'll be down at my dad's at cabarita that weekend.

Are you or jaice or anyone for that matter free to hang next week at any stage i.e. have the week off? I'll play with anyone really melee or brawl. Just keen on playing again. Haven't turned on my wii or gamecube since earlier this year, getting a little dusty lol.

I'll be working next week but if someone wants to play smash for the day, i'll get a day off. I hope i get to go to dif's tourney. I haven't played competitive smash since santasmash in december... getting kinda desperate to attend something now.
should defs turn up. we actually have TVs now XD

CaLibUr_1337

Smash Lord
I can come Matt. Would I be able to get housed?

@Sea Im free until I start work on the 27th so Im up for friendlies. Tbh we have hardly versed each other.

@Dif Tell me when ur having a meet and ill be there.

seaDORF

Smash Journeyman
Yeh sure cal, don't you live way up north though? If you can be ****ed getting to mine, i'll house you.
And yeh dude, we have barely played... don't even think we've played in bracket?!?!? From memory i've only versed you at dorf off 2 lol.. ganondorf dittos

For cal and anyone else keen on playing at my house in moorooka, my number is... 0487 233 596

I've only got 1 t.v but i have enough power points, room and chairs for 3 setups if anyone wants to provide. I prefer melee meets as practicing brawl constantly can get a little boring.

CaLibUr_1337

Smash Lord
Thanks matt. shame PoS has been pushed a week. So it seems we have a, potential brawl only venue on top of a melee one. Now we just need one for both to get that max attendance

oldmanondorf_

Smash Ace
I'll be down at caba with sea again hopefully enjoying more beach weather, so I won't be able to indulge in your meat this time around matt. We're supposed to be versing random GC smashers that weekend at some point tho. I could have meets at my house most weekends but I usually cbf organising anything, lol.

Remastered

Smash Lord
I have a few of my mates coming too. Sent a message to Zam and his crew and also to bxjht & jpxld to see if they want in on the day too. Will message Kaion's friend today as well. Should be a good mixture of attendance.

toki

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3582-9503-2397
Hey Matt, my friend miggggghhhhhhht come along with me (not sure yet, because he always changes his mind at the last minute or job johns/tiredness/cbf etc) if thats the case, can you please pick us up at the station?

Thanks <3

edit:
Wait, all this time, I just realised I could bus it to superdome or whatever it was called. We will try to get there :awesome:

Pantsmann

Smash Lord
[size=+3]THE POWER OF SCIENCE
II
[/size]​
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sLv-YIgVcOs

somebody teach me how to make that video show up properly =\

Saturday 30th April.
10am - 5pm
Northgate meeting room (underneath northgate hall) corner of ridge and scott streets, northgate
Events:
- Melee doubles (paid)
- Melee singles (free)
- Crews? Low tier? falcon only?
- Possibly Blazblue side tournament

Darkwing SykeDuk

Smash Dankist
your paying out money for what has ALWAYS been a free side event.. Nationals are when doubles is real, these tourneys are for training/teaming with nobodies aka ben teaming with you, me with lachlan, ryan with a level 9 comp.. singles u get the try hards always trying so they deserve to get a payout. doubles is a time filler so the noobs get to play a decent amount. Thats how its always been.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom