• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[QLD] Brisbane/Gold Coast Meets & Tournaments

Status
Not open for further replies.

King Kong

Smash Lord
So how many people have actually been playing melee lately? just out of interest. I know I haven't been playing much.
HAvnt played since the last tournament. Its crunch time at uni though, so that counts me/ben/bryce/dif out till the end of the month. After that there should b a few meets going.

peace out

Vyse

Faith, Hope, Love, Luck
BRoomer
So this weekend is looking chockers.

Also Tuesday Night I may need some assistance as Slapper and I are doing a joint Smash/SSFIV night at the Manabar.

Don't need equipment, just backup.

Will also need to talk to Game Traders Michael about the Mall tournament and if it's still happening.

Vyse

Faith, Hope, Love, Luck
BRoomer
Well I'm planning to.

I've been approaching this weekend under the premise that I'll have 3 tournaments to either attend or run over 4 days.

Amaterasu

Smash Ace
-I'll try and make it on the weekend, although might need a lift from a train station if I'm coming
-Jason from the uni games and he is running a smash comp on Sat also, guess it'll be a small one with new players, but yeah he is also running a lan until midnight that day(Sat)

Vyse

Faith, Hope, Love, Luck
BRoomer
That's annoying too.
Or it could be cool.

Go from HawtSoiiike to UniLan.
Though if the GT Mall tournament is on, I probably won't go.

Vyse

Faith, Hope, Love, Luck
BRoomer
Alright dude.
At least the day isn't completely lost.

UniLan is on, meaning we have a free venue for a tournament.
Probably won't be a pot to play for though, sorry guys.

It's at Bond Uni. Will post up details later (unless somebody gets to that before me) and put it in the first post.

toki

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3582-9503-2397
Whats this? a tourney? at bond uni? ill go :D.....if i can
And wheres the gametraders at? cant find the location and im too lazy to find it :p

seaDORF

Smash Journeyman
Serious??!? fwuuuuckkkk, i was really looking forward to HawtSoiiiike's. I was rostered to work the entire day saturday but i took it off cos it's been ages since qld has had a tournament.

I guess i might make the effort to get to that bond uni-lan thingy. See what other ganondorfs are up to though cos i was relying on them for a lift.

Any chance of a melee tournament at UniLan?

Amaterasu

Smash Ace
-I can run a melee tourney for you guys if you want, I'll do that if there are enough numbers

'Date:
Saturday, June 19, 2010
Time:
2:00pm - 11:30pm
Bond university - Rm 3_23 in uni building
Description
Hi guys! BCGS is running it's bi-semesterly Lan and video games night again. This time will definitely be a lot bigger and better than last time. With many more competitions, games and better internet connection.

The event starts at 2 in the afternoon Saturday of week 5 (19th- June) and will go until about midnight or whenever everyone feels like leaving. The event is $20 (look below for FREE tickets) and will include a pizza dinner as well as unlimited free drinks.

We will be running a whole lot of gaming tournaments this time. The schedule is below

Super Smash Bros Brawl singles - 3:30
Fifa 10 (PS3) - 4:30
Super Smash Bros Brawl doubles - 6:00
Call of Duty MW2 (Xbox 360) - 7:00
Counterstrike 1.6 - 8:00
Unreal tournament 2004 / MW2 (PC) (depending on players) - 8:30

The above games will have prizes given to the winners. The below pc games will be played on the night, but because it's too hard to declare a single winner, we can't award prizes.

Dota (defense of the ancients)
Team fortress 2
Age of empires 3
unreal tournament 2004

Tickets will be sold next week under the arch on from between 11-2 monday - thursday.

ALSO - NON-BONDIES are welcome

NOTE: FREE TICKETS

to run the above tournaments, we will need some people to bring down their video game consoles. We will offer a free ticket to the first people who are able to bring a console and 2 controllers for the below list.

2x Nintendo Wii
2x Xbox 360
2x PS3

it would also help if you could bring the following games as well.

Super Smash Bros Brawl
Modern Warfare 2
Fifa 10

If you are able to bring the equipment, please send me a message on facebook as soon as possible'

CaLibUr_1337

Smash Lord
Yes let's turn Bond Uni into a major tournament to make up for Syke's Cancellation :D (Not blaming him for doing so.)

Despite no practice this week, I'm quite keen for smash more than usual.

Vyse

Faith, Hope, Love, Luck
BRoomer
I'll come so I can help.

Do you think they'll mind if we just run by our own schedule if we bring all of our own stuff?

Amaterasu

Smash Ace
-No, they shouldn't mind if we bring our own stuff
-I'm guessing there will be more computer gamers there anyway, so they shouldn't mind if we bring the console gamers =) Jason told me to make sure you guys knew about the day, so I'm pretty sure he is ok with it all

Vyse

Faith, Hope, Love, Luck
BRoomer
Myself from Gannon Thread said:
As much as I want to come to this, I feel that's important that I go to UniLan primarily because it's a last chance opportunity to push people to come to Tempest.
<fegsiyldfkslgfudebhasglkaes,grae

oldmanondorf_

Smash Ace
We've actually been mega trolled for the upcoming weekend.
it's not a troll, it's legit. We were all planning to go to failsykes this weekend but for some reason it failed and since we don't want to travel to the GC for a disjointed meet that spans over 9hrs, we decided to provide an alternative in Brisbane. Also, driving back late from the GC would result in a boring saturday night.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom