• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[QLD] Brisbane/Gold Coast Meets & Tournaments

Status
Not open for further replies.

Testikills

Smash Journeyman
Browns Plains quotes of the day:

"If this was tekken 6 I'd be in my zone" - Random 12 year lol'd
"Pikachu isn't top tier?"
"Dude, ike rolls everyone else. He's like roy in melee" - emo group lead
"Versing 3 kirby's? Awesome. Give my b button a workout" - Myself
Got another one, it was in Advanced bracket after J-birds gayed Bob with IC to victory and the little kid the the sweet hat was like "who was using Ice Climbers" in the most disapproving tone of voice we have ever heard

Darkwing SykeDuk

Smash Dankist
i always lol at people who say they'll beat you at 'X' game. went to a 21st in alice springs.. was playing tekken 6 for a while.. some guy started raging and said "hey dont you have smash bros, lets play that" i was like ... olol anyone want to mm? Soooo a little later on the same guy was like "this is fcked I'll bet you $50 I'll beat you in halo" ...just about everyone in the room went silent XD my wallet enjoyed that $50

Amaterasu

Smash Ace
I actually used tornado like 2ce yesterday, once when trying to kill a Kirby in FFA and once against James, but meh[and the other time I did use it, I SD'd like a noob =( ]

Gametrader's tourney was fun, as was meeting new people and hearing people say lol things =)

undead_moose

Smash Lord
Wtfook i could infracted for trolling.

I dont think i have actively sought to troll someone in my life

Someone got a little *** pained.

Anything this weekend that doesnt involve 20 min long 1v1 matches?

You know what i mean. wink wink nudge nudge SAY NO MOAR

Karp-0S

Smash Journeyman
Anything this weekend that doesnt involve 20 min long 1v1 matches?

You know what i mean. wink wink nudge nudge SAY NO MOAR
I ah... Um..... I, well.....

What do?

I'm free all weekend actually, minus sunday of course (childnapping:lick:)
Friday and saturday night I'm cool to be anywhere that people will be playing brawl or teh sweet melee.

Srs bzn

oldmanondorf_

Smash Ace
THE quote of the day at gt was from the kid in the red shirt using pikachu (after being knocked out by bob and I in prelim) saying that he could beat chris' mk easy after watching the final.. then getting 3 stocked by him and leaving the store

Vyse

Faith, Hope, Love, Luck
BRoomer
THE quote of the day at gt was from the kid in the red shirt using pikachu (after being knocked out by bob and I in prelim) saying that he could beat chris' mk easy after watching the final.. then getting 3 stocked by him and leaving the store
I've seen worse.

Easily the worst I've seen was a creepy fat old dude who was at an animania one year who was pretty much the same deal. He literally thought he was one of the best in the world. rofl.

The tournament was a huge success because the Manager now wants me to talk to them about sponsorship whenever we have something on.

They're a little annoyed by JB because he still hasn't talked to them about sponsorship for LanSmash, so I'll have to get up JB about that.

I had a lot of fun, and we've managed to add at least another player to the community, so good things all around.

l3oOkeR

Smash Ace
I've seen worse.

Easily the worst I've seen was a creepy fat old dude who was at an animania one year who was pretty much the same deal. He literally thought he was one of the best in the world. rofl.
I remember that guy. I was playing friendly's with him after the tourny was over and was spanking him with everyone. Ahh when i use to be good at brawlzzzz

CaLibUr_1337

Smash Lord
or loganlea... but i know you are noob at trains.
i cant risk going to *shudder* again.
Haha I'm more noob with buses in brissy. Also the train to you guys appears to be like on the same line apparently X_X

Since I'm ignorant, I'm not afraid of Kingston :p

32 bbq sauce nandos ribs + 8 platinums + 4 way dorf offs all night = great night

Cheers Bob! I was pretty smashed. I act like a massive tool when i'm drunk so I'm sorry if I pissed anyone off and Calibur... hope your first impression of me isn't terrible. I'm not like that all the time =P

And that mario tennis game was insane. I had no ****ing idea what was going on... I played the 64 version but all those defence specials and **** were intense. Straight power characters.

My ganondorf reigns supreme. Long term goals are travelling the country asking everyone for ganondorf dittos haha.

Also, don't ask me why I'm up this early. I can't sleep.
Haha dw about it. :p Friday night was wayyy better than I thought it would be. Actually the whole weekend was :)

Also the red shirt douche didn't even explain what his strategy was gonna be against chris when he was speaking to seaDORF and me haha.

seaDORF

Smash Journeyman
I also walked past that kid on the way to K-Mart and he was with his parents and i overheard him saying that he beat the tournament champion hahahaha. The lengths people will go to be accepted by their parents *sigh*

"I'm the best in my friendship group and know secret tactics to win, therefore, i'm the best at smash bros. in the world... "

Way too many tards out there that think they're the best players even though they've never played in a tournament environment. I can't handle egotistical players claiming that they're supreme and better than everyone else. Just play and have fun.

On a side note, i was extremely pleased with ganondorf representation at that tournament.

Karp-0S

Smash Journeyman
Pikachu kid thought he had a shot at chris?

Pikachu is top tier guys. Srs bzn.

Quotes from the Prima official strategy guide I thought you may all enjoy;

"Advanced strategies Metaknight: Use the dimensional cape frequently throughout the fight to move around the stage with relative quickness."

"Fighting against metaknight: If you don't have a projectile attack fight at close range with a great deal of patience"

"Advanced Strategies Marth: In a close range battle marths counter is virtually unstoppable"

"Advanced Strategies Ike: Ike advanced strategies lie heavily around the use of Counter (CRUMPET!) and quickdraw. Use Ether to build up damage on an opponent"

THANKS PRIMA! I SHOULD HAVE TOURNIES IN THE BAG NOW.

Vyse

Faith, Hope, Love, Luck
BRoomer
This is enraging and good news

Good that the smash community is getting bigger

You all the enraging reason so i wont even say it or else anthony may pop a blood vessal
You should note that I said 'anything' and not specifically Brawl. Will post more later, in Uni, must pay attention ;)

EDIT: Basically, they want to support different gaming communities, so I'm glad I was able to get to them first. Aparently they also have ties to Dexterity Games (they might be owned by the same person or something from what I can gather) so they know about the Brawl tournaments we hold there.

I'll have to call in soon to talk about sponsorship for the next HotCats, as well as getting them and JB in contact with each other LanSmash (which coincidentally, happens to hold Melee and Street Fighter IV tournaments and even runs a LAN for computer gamers!)[/sarcasm]

So yeah, if you guys want them to support Melee tournaments, you should look at organising them and getting into contact with them. In the meantime, I'll be talking to them to push the possibility of Brawl tournaments in store run by myself run on a regular schedule.

Would probably have to cap entry, etc. But it would be a great way to make the scene more visible to people.

The thing I have with trying to do the same with Melee is that people are more likely to want to try Brawl instead due to familiarity/it's the newer game etc. The people who are worth advertising to with Melee are the people who are more likely to seek out the smash scene themselves (like Rob for instance).

On the flipside, we have many Bismashual converts to Melee like J-Birds or Chris who became interested in Melee through Brawl. Even seaDORF wants to learn Melee now too.

I treat Brawl as being the most effective entry point into the Smash scene to advertise (since it reaches the broadest audience of people).

Just a few random thoughts. Gotta get back to uni ;P

xXArrowXx

Smash Champion
b*tchs dont know about my Garden of Eden Snake
cp green greens throw apples at ya.
my snake getting soupah S rank Sneaky.

i feal bad when i beat flameboyant people :<

Sieg

Smash Champion
The only reason you got your Brawl tourney is because Blazblue hasn't been released here yet.

Otherwise I would have been the winner of that prize.

Vyse

Faith, Hope, Love, Luck
BRoomer
The only reason you got your Brawl tourney is because Blazblue hasn't been released here yet.

Otherwise I would have been the winner of that prize.
You are probably right, lol. Good luck I suppose :)
They said they might do BlazBlue next though.

I need to come to yours so we can practice. I wanna learn Arakune ;P

undead_moose

Smash Lord
Anthony you know how to learn rage characters.

I almost hit a child who pointed to me and said look at him and all his friends laughed.

By almost hit i mean bit my hand really hard trying to hold back the tears of that epic burn he just got on me

seaDORF

Smash Journeyman
I'm the only one in WA repping Ganon. you guys have my support! :D
You going to thriller mate? I might see you there. We can have a DORF-OFF =). That's awesome that you use ganondorf. We could make it interesting by having a MM.

Ganondorf ditto MM... HYPE!!!

To QLD smashers, i might consider hosting a ganondorf only tournament at my place as a farewell thingy cos i'm moving out on the 31st march. I might organize it for the 20th or the 21st of march (prequel to hotcats). I'd like to see as many people as possible from smashboards turn up. I'm not worried though if most people don't turn up. It's still ****ing epic with just me, oldman and ranga.

NOTE: It would be defined as a "meet", not an official tournament as drinking would be permitted. Some tournament rules will apply though.

I'll give you a small peak at the ganondorf ruleset...

- 3 stock

- 4 min timer (ganondorf matches barely last 2 mins if played right)

- No items

- Drinking is acceptable and allowed

- You must scull a beer if you are on the receiving end of a warlock punch

- You must attempt a stomp if the opposing ganondorf is offstage

- No-one can play in generic ganondorf colours (God-Dorf colours)

- Fist-pump taunt at the commencement of DORF to honour the other ganondorf

- In hyrule temple, the entire match must be fought on the pillar at the bottom of the stage. If you dominate and ko the other ganondorf down there, you must claim the pillar as your own by ****-brandishing (sword taunt). There is no time to fist-pump at the start of the match in temple because the pillar must be claimed.

- sea, oldman & ranga DORF's have priority over outfit colour choices.

- There are no stage bans or counters.

Some of these rules can't really be enforced but the great king of evil will be highly displeased if you don't obey his simple rules. He's a generous god.

Stage List

Final Destination
Battlefield
Smashville
Bridge of Eldin - ranga's homeground
Pirate Ship - sea's homeground
Hyrule Temple - oldman's homeground

Every other stage is forbidden and unworthy of ganondorf.

I'm also open to suggestions if anyone wants to add anything to that.

seaDORF

Smash Journeyman
Yeh i should be going to that. It would just depend on uni though because it's kinda getting around the time when my study week begins.

oldmanondorf_

Smash Ace
HAHAHA sea your dorf-off ruleset prettymuch described how us three have played brawl the last year or so.. apart from qldsmash tournaments that we've been going to since oct last year. Next meet we should estimate serious numbers then us 3 dorfs can organise the first official dorf-off.. even if it just ends up being us 3 as per usual haha

seaDORF

Smash Journeyman
I'd be down for Dorfmania, for sure.

You're moving out Dan? Where to?
Well i'm still living with my family. We're moving over to annerley. My old boy is moving down to Cabarita in NSW. Kinda sucks cos i love my home and my board is going to rise in Annerley. It'll be ok though because i'm closer to uni and work... Annnd, i'll be reppiing the A-town with Hotdogs

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom