• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[QLD] Brisbane/Gold Coast Meets & Tournaments

Status
Not open for further replies.

seaDORF

Smash Journeyman
dammmm, i start work 04:30 saturday morning so i guess that rules friday night out. I'm only really available to play during the week when i'm not at uni. That sucks. I'd like to play more people. Everyone friendly me at next tournament.

Remastered

Smash Lord
dammmm, i start work 04:30 saturday morning so i guess that rules friday night out. I'm only really available to play during the week when i'm not at uni. That sucks. I'd like to play more people. Everyone friendly me at next tournament.
I'm keen for that, make sure you save a tv and a controller slot for the next meet. Has been too long since I've played you.

oldmanondorf_

Smash Ace
I'm going to ranga's for some smash tomorrow arvo matt.. I'll ask if he wants to come to your meet with me, but that dude is one of the laziest ****s on the planet, he never leaves his house unless he has to. So put me down as 2 x maybe for now and I'll let you know tomorrow.. if you've already got max numbers by then I'll just have to give it a miss.

Hotdog

Smash Lord
Can't make it to Smashplay 3, forgot to get work rostered off lololololol.

Remastered

Smash Lord
I'm going to ranga's for some smash tomorrow arvo matt.. I'll ask if he wants to come to your meet with me, but that dude is one of the laziest ****s on the planet, he never leaves his house unless he has to. So put me down as 2 x maybe for now and I'll let you know tomorrow.. if you've already got max numbers by then I'll just have to give it a miss.
No worries, about 4 so far.

toki

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3582-9503-2397
So like...... can anyone get me a lift home after smashplay 3 next week? :p i live in the coast so....yeah.

@J-birds
I need to give you my controller :awesome:

Vyse

Faith, Hope, Love, Luck
BRoomer
I'm probably going to have to cancel smashplay 3.

Its a very bad time for me because of uni assessment and exams.
For me it's usually, no johns, step it up. But I've had to take a couple of extensions already, so I have 4 assignments due in the next 7 days.

And it's Indy weekend.

Vyse

Faith, Hope, Love, Luck
BRoomer
I can be there on the day and run it, I'm just worried about having to organise it throughout the week, and if there's no interest from a lot of people, I don't want to be out of pocket.

Basically it's that I don't have time to set up an email for the mailing list, posting it to LanSmash, doing the facebook group stuff, prepare posters to put up at Game Traders, pester people for TVs and those kinds of things.

What I may do, is ask to have the closing time reduced to say, 8pm, which would give us 7 hours @ $140. I'd be less concerned about hitting enough people since 14 is doable.

Melee Singles then Brawl singles then Doubles events finish it. No organised Dinner Break.

EDIT:
Yes, I like this idea better.
Need for less people means less organising and a quicker tournament all around.

J-Birds

Smash Lord
Alright well i think we should see how many are confirmed on here to see if we can even make the venue fee... dont want you having to pay up like last time.

Anyway im confirmed if it goes ahead and im looking forward to it.
Also we really need this to finalise the Brawl PR i know some people are getting antsy so we just need this tournament to confirm a few spots.

seaDORF

Smash Journeyman
Up to you vyse... Uni over smash obviously.

It would be cool to go to some kind of tournament next weekend. I've already told work that i'm having a day off next weekend. I haven't been to a tournament since tempest lol.

Remastered

Smash Lord
I know me, Jaice, and a mate of mine are confirmed, and I always bring 2 tvs and a wii/brawl setup.

Jaice & I have always been happy to go without dinner, and if you finish at 8 we can just eat after.

I'm more pumped for this tourney then I have been for any other this year.

J-Birds

Smash Lord
Confirmed attendance:
Vyse
Jaice
Matt
Sea
Scrub Fox
Dean
Ben

TVs/Wiis:
Matt/Jaice TV - Matt/Jaice Wii
Matt/Jaice TV - Scrub Fox Wii
Dean TV - Dean Wii

Dean TV - Dean SF4 ???

Vyse

Faith, Hope, Love, Luck
BRoomer
I'll still come saturday since I'll be done by then. But I need somebody else to take the reins.

I guess I'll pay for the place on Tuesday.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom