• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

PYP mafia! Game over!

Dooplissity

BRoomer
BRoomer
i was 100% serious

..,in that I was BSing you. For realsies actually VT. But you claiming there was a rolecop and you were consolidating claims after I said i hadn't/couldn't read before deadline pinged me as a possible gambit of your own to dial down the last PR, and I figured claiming PR would hamper your ability to do that if you were scum and I could just come clean at start of day so I didn't **** the thread up.

Thirdkoopa

Administrator
Administrator
Writing Team
Somewhere on Discord while working on something
..,in that I was BSing you. For realsies actually VT. But you claiming there was a rolecop and you were consolidating claims after I said i hadn't/couldn't read before deadline pinged me as a possible gambit of your own to dial down the last PR, and I figured claiming PR would hamper your ability to do that if you were scum and I could just come clean at start of day so I didn't **** the thread up.
makes sense. we got that wine out of the way and we don't have to do an in-thread massclaim.

give us all your thoughts once you're done reading.

Vult Redux

Smash Lord
NNID
Voluero
This night kill is one of the better night results.

Curious to hear how Shishoe responds to Koopa.

I'm for killing/lynching Fandangox. If Fand is shot and flips town for some reason then I guess I have to consider Maven/Dooplisity.

Vult Redux

Smash Lord
NNID
Voluero
Fandangox Fandangox not to be rude but can you make a case for yourself?

You've been on the wrong side of the vote twice now, if we count Moydow. And he was probably one of the easiest votes / most obvious scum I've ever seen. You've been barking up the Nabe tree all game and I don't even know what your stances on other players are. And your questions feel so empty.

Fandangox

Smash Lord
Fandangox Fandangox not to be rude but can you make a case for yourself?

You've been on the wrong side of the vote twice now, if we count Moydow. And he was probably one of the easiest votes / most obvious scum I've ever seen. You've been barking up the Nabe tree all game and I don't even know what your stances on other players are. And your questions feel so empty.
Moy was one of my scum reads and it was you who was entertaning Soup at the same time as a Moy lynch when I told you Moy was more likely to be scum.

Yeah I tunneled Nabe hard, and this is basically the first time someone I tunnel ends up not being scum, so that is my fault yes.
but I find it funny that Im now being entertained as scum after the Nabe flip when everyone basically unanimously agreed to vote for Nabe as soon as the Moy shot happened. If anyone had found fault over my Nabe reasoning they would have been more than happy to point it out as it was going on, but no one did.

Fandangox

Smash Lord
I doubt Kantrip and Vult are scum.

I was thinking the last scum was Z25, but after looking at Seph's #149 #154 and #164 posts I doubt those two are aligned.

By POE its probably Maven, Sish, or Pokechu. Who have been mostly coasting at the shadows (despite Maven's strong's pre-game) Thirdkoopa is a long-shot.
I want to see what Dooplis has to say about the game

Vult Redux

Smash Lord
NNID
Voluero
I'm not saying I'm suspicious because you were wrong. I was wrong about Nabe too (womp womp). But we were also pushing the right people before that.

I don't see any reason to keep you OVER Pokechu, Z25, Koopa, etc etc. At this point you're tied with Doopliss (dead last) in terms of "town points"

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
god why do images do not ever work
Warchamp is away and the uploader has crashed. Probably won't be up for awhile unless Warchamp can fix it while away. That said images still work in quotes.

D

Deleted member

what the ****

WHY WAS THAT THE KILL

IT SHOULD HAVE BEEN ME

Okay, so, here's how it's gonna go down. Three PR claims exist, but, there can only be two PR's. I want to clear up any and all confusion but in the meantime I'm voting Fandangox. I think we can get this down today once we get all the information out on the table.

Dooplissity Dooplissity I sent you a message right before the night ended. Once you're done checking up on all of that with giraffelasergun giraffelasergun , let me know what's up. I'm wondering if the two PR claims were just gambiting between each other which would make sense, given everything I know about Maven and the other PR claim.

Kantrip Kantrip Vult Redux Vult Redux Z25 Z25 @Shishœ Pokechu Pokechu Where are your heads at?

Dayvig, just wait 24 hours before shooting as we talked agreed upon
I just woke up because I passed out 6 hours ago so let's just say my head is not in the best of places.
actually, so we don't waste any time, i'll say it: If Fandangox isn't the last scum and the 3 PR claims are a case of one of them fakeclaiming PR as VT to keep cover for the other one, I think the last scum is Shish

Shish tried to ask me last night if the dayvig was Soup or not. I meant to respond to him, but, I obviously wasn't going to out who the dayvig is.
All I want is for the Dayvig to clear themselves out, at this point there's no reason for them to keep themselves hidden and it can just check off a box from our list of suspects.
Also, if I was scum, why would I shoot Soup after asking you about him and not even getting an answer?

Thirdkoopa

Administrator
Administrator
Writing Team
I just woke up because I passed out 6 hours ago so let's just say my head is not in the best of places.

All I want is for the Dayvig to clear themselves out, at this point there's no reason for them to keep themselves hidden and it can just check off a box from our list of suspects.
Also, if I was scum, why would I shoot Soup after asking you about him and not even getting an answer?
Reasonable enough for now. The reason we don't want the Dayvig to say who they are just yet (even though, PoE has it down) is if the Dayvig and the Driver can make it to the next day, assuming the game goes on, is we have two confirmed town purely based from that.

So... until we have to or they choose, they're going to stay quiet. The play right now is Fandangox or Dooplissity/TBG (formerly known as Maven) because...

At this point you're tied with Doopliss (dead last) in terms of "town points"

Fandangox

Smash Lord
Reasonable enough for now. The reason we don't want the Dayvig to say who they are just yet (even though, PoE has it down) is if the Dayvig and the Driver can make it to the next day, assuming the game goes on, is we have two confirmed town purely based from that.

So... until we have to or they choose, they're going to stay quiet. The play right now is Fandangox or Dooplissity/TBG (formerly known as Maven) because...
You are not really saying why I should be the play other than the obvious "Nabe flipped Scum so Fand now looks bad"

Thirdkoopa

Administrator
Administrator
Writing Team
You are not really saying why I should be the play other than the obvious "Nabe flipped Scum so Fand now looks bad"
I've mentioned it before over and over again along w/ Vult - We're down to Process of Elimination. It's less "Who's the scummiest person" and more "Who has the least Town points" - The ones with the least two are you and Maven/Dooplissity.

Make a case on Pokechu. Make a case on Shish. Make a case on Maven/Dooplissity (Though, we're waiting for that one to post). If you don't feel that way, we'll be glad to hear it, so at least on your flip (assuming you're town) we can use that information.

OR hell, make a case on why you're town. I'm not looking for the most bulletproof argument ever; I'm just looking for some zetta food.

Thirdkoopa

Administrator
Administrator
Writing Team
And that goes to the entire thread: I understand we're down to the remaining few and it's a game of PoE (unless, somehow, the last scum gets to 3 player LyLo, which would be impressive) - I want this to end on a bang; not a whimper.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
I mean, all my points of my existence as town have been stated over and over. But I can post my stuff again if needed.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Just quote those posts. And post who you think is scum.
Well now that I've got my math assignment for the night done before deadline. I'll reiterate. Some of my stuff is in pms so I can't quote them directly. But to put out the points:

1) I claimed day one and was the first to put seph on my top scum list before Vult came in. No mafia is going to those lengths to bus their partner day one and actually lead it. My claim and role may just be vanilla but it backed the mafia off and got them lynched day one so I'll take it.

2) I've also was on the Moy train originally. Granted I did retract my thoughts, but honestly moy is just a hard read when not active. I've also help with forming cases on potential scum.

3) Moy literally called me guilty as did seph. No mafia is going to have two of its members try and lead a lynch on one member.

That is off the top of my head but there may be more. I'll be posting throughout the phase but if anyone needs any specific input or answers let me know.

Dooplissity

BRoomer
BRoomer
alright I'm 8 pages in and my reads are garbaaage

i want to scumread fand and my own slot
I want to townread seph
I had a scumread on nabe for a while until around page 6

i'm clearly wrong on seph, nabe and (fmpov) myself so even though fand is /technically/ my strongest scumread I don't put a lot of stock in it. the fand/nabe interactions and fand's comments on roles both ping me really hard but I'm tired so I should probably re-read those in the morning

i have a minor tonal townread on pokechu so I'd rather see the lynch in myself/fand

also you guys are dumb for letting RC through over poisoner. we did have jailer but it didn't matter at all, and everything relating to how the much the roles are worth as people die was totally overlooked (we'll talk about this postgame though, it's not super relevant)

Dooplissity

BRoomer
BRoomer
most important thing is that it's a currently an 8p game, which means we get 3 lynches (+random BD shenanigan chance) to win, regardless of if the dayvig fires. hence, dayvig should absolutely fire today before the phase can end. shooting the bus driver is catastrophic, so before the dayvig shoots, they need to claim in thread whom their target will be. The target will claim bd/not bd. if they're bd and cced, we win the game, and if they're not cced they're clear. to reiterate:

1) dayvig claims
2) target claims
3) dayvig fires

i will be upset if this does not happen in this order. we have 2 cleared townies and 4 kills in an 8p, so we should have this easy

Kantrip

Kantplay
Apologies to anyone I may have left on read in night PMs. Rest assured I read everything sent to me and appreciate it all.

@Shishœ Why were you fishing to find the dayvig exactly? And why not just ask soup yourself if you thought it was him?

If what Thirdkoopa says is true and the PRs know who each other are:
1. I trust Thirdkoopa even more knowing he has had PRs claim to him and they're still alive
2. The PRs should def not claim publicly and can just use night PMs to coordinate
3. I'm inclined to follow Thirdkoopa's vote since he has the most information and won't accidentally wagon a PR*
4. The Bus Driver can 50/50 his ability between himself and the dayvig to introduce paranoia and WIFOM for the last mafia

*Note: This is also dangerous because it can help mafia narrow down who the PRs are, but honestly seeing as the last scum is the rolecop I'm just going to assume they are gonna find the PRs if they haven't already.

Vote: Fandango

D

Deleted member

Why were you fishing to find the dayvig exactly?
But if we just follow Third's wagon then we could work without either of them claiming.
And why not just ask soup yourself if you thought it was him?
Because I'm lazy and I sent Koops that message when I was sleep deprived when I came back home after spending, like, 20 hours out, 12 of which were spent with me on Oktoberfest.

Regardless, I'm now fully functional(well, as funtctional as I usually am anyways), so I agree we should do "Follow The Koopa"

Vote: Fandangox

I always preferred Cheetos anyways

giraffelasergun

Smash Lord
Vote Count:

Fandangox: Third Koopa, Kantrip, Shish (3)

Not Voting: Dooplisity, Fandangox, Pokechu, Vult Redux, Z25

Kantrip

Kantplay
Fandangox Fandangox - At what point did you develop a solid town read on me? Also, considering you think Pokechu is more likely scum than Z25, do you think his hammer of Seph makes sense as bussing?

Pokechu Pokechu - What are your thoughts? I can't recall getting much at all from you recently.

Fandangox

Smash Lord
Did Mafia change in the 2 year break I took or something?

Why am I being set up as the lynch, with NO ARGUMENTS being made at all against my case in a game with 2 MAFIA FLIPS

Why is no one going back to my posts and trying to make a connection out of them with the flipped scums? Why is no one looking at my play and trying to see if my scumhunting intent was genuine or not?

It can't purely be on me being absolutely wrong about Nabe, cause we all had unanimously agreed on that lynch by the end of Day 2, and there was an actual case being made for it, with people even disagreeing with Nabe's replies about mechanical and focusing on pre-game play (See Vult, Kantrip, Soup)

Kantrip

Kantplay
I was fine with your Nabe push. Hell, I was part of lynching him along with pretty much everyone else. Anyone who thinks you're scum based off of tunneling someone we all helped lynched is being silly.

However, in your focus on Nabe you coincidentally avoided participating in the wagons on scum. Day 1 there were 2 large wagons that were viable lynch targets and your vote stayed on Nabe despite him not being one of them.

I'm also deferring to Thirdkoopa a bit seeing as he has the most information at the moment and I'm inclined to trust him, especially considering the PR's are still alive.

Kantrip

Kantplay
Also I am trying to look back at your game and see if your scumhunting was genuine or not. Hence my question to you.

Fandangox

Smash Lord
Fandangox Fandangox - At what point did you develop a solid town read on me? Also, considering you think Pokechu is more likely scum than Z25, do you think his hammer of Seph makes sense as bussing?

Pokechu Pokechu - What are your thoughts? I can't recall getting much at all from you recently.
I already said, by the end of D1 I developed a solid town read on you, based on what I said on the thread, I mostly only pushed you D2 cause Third presented an alternative to me and I wanted to see how you replied to that.

And I also told you in the last PM last night which you didn't reply to why I doubt Z25 is scum anymore based on the three Seph posts I outlined to you and I posted on the thread.

I re-read and I really doubt Z25 and Seph are aligned, Sish likely unligned with Seph as well. I'm at work and can't really bring specific posts, but read page 10 (or the page of posts starting with post #400 if there is any page number shenanigans going on) and you'll see what I mean.

Its either Pokechu, who has had absolutely no presence after post game, whose only posts had been about defending other players (nabe and moy) and whose stance on Moy flip flopped from town > scum > town all in the one page, also I would have to re-read again, which I do not have time for, but Im pretty ****ing sure Pokechu didnt even ask questions after pre-game, which doesn't look good in my eyes.

And yes, its not impossible they decided to hammer to look better in the town's eyes, but you know this line of thought always ends on WIFOM.

OR its Maven/Doop looking at how the slot's stance to seph changed right before the lynch was happening, and was still voting Nabe by the end of D2 despite previously saying they werent feeling good about it because they werent confident in their reads anymore. Maven also didn't do much scumhunting at all.

If its not those 2 then Im completely loss and the vig may as well shoot me cause I will be most likely of no help to town in MyLo/Lylo other to suggest looking at Third's posts again because I really don't like how much focus on the PRs he's been giving this game, specially in night actions.

Kantrip

Kantplay
But if we just follow Third's wagon then we could work without either of them claiming.

Because I'm lazy and I sent Koops that message when I was sleep deprived when I came back home after spending, like, 20 hours out, 12 of which were spent with me on Oktoberfest.

Regardless, I'm now fully functional(well, as funtctional as I usually am anyways), so I agree we should do "Follow The Koopa"

Vote: Fandangox

I always preferred Cheetos anyways
Okay like I guess I can buy it.

I guess soup's comment after Moydow's flip did get interpreted as ownership of the shot by scum, too, cuz that's the only reason I could see to kill him.

Pokechu

chugga chugga
NNID
Pokechu
3DS FC
5000-1894-6879
Switch FC
SW-7547-3301-4325
It's either Pokechu, who has had absolutely no presence after post game, whose only posts had been about defending other players (nabe and moy) and whose stance on Moy flip flopped from town > scum > town all in the one page, also I would have to re-read again, which I do not have time for, but Im pretty ****ing sure Pokechu didnt even ask questions after pre-game, which doesn't look good in my eyes.

And yes, its not impossible they decided to hammer to look better in the town's eyes, but you know this line of thought always ends on WIFOM.
OMGUS

I'd vote you but I want to wait until I get home and can make a wall first

This post isn't a good look

Pokechu

chugga chugga
NNID
Pokechu
3DS FC
5000-1894-6879
Switch FC
SW-7547-3301-4325
I'm gonna kill my scum mate when I'd just be left with Moy who I knew wasn't looking the best LOL

Fandangox

Smash Lord
>Accuses me of OMGUS
>Despite the fact that I havent voted him yet
>While I also had another person pointed out as likely scum
>Proceeds to say they are gonna make a case against me wall and all, despite never showing this type of motivation all game, just because I had him narrowed down as 2 of the people likely to be scum.

Basically an actual OMGUS itself.

Pokechu

chugga chugga
NNID
Pokechu
3DS FC
5000-1894-6879
Switch FC
SW-7547-3301-4325
>Accuses me of OMGUS
>Despite the fact that I havent voted him yet
>While I also had another person pointed out as likely scum
>Proceeds to say they are gonna make a case against me wall and all, despite never showing this type of motivation all game, just because I had him narrowed down as 2 of the people likely to be scum.

Basically an actual OMGUS itself.
There's something called a joke

Pokechu

chugga chugga
NNID
Pokechu
3DS FC
5000-1894-6879
Switch FC
SW-7547-3301-4325
I was already between you and Maven anyways, a wall isn't as out of the blue as you think it is, I was already wanting to reread your slot

Top Bottom