• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

PYP mafia! Game over!

#HBC | Nabe

Beneath it all, he had H-cups all along
Can't breathe, but the view is equal to the taste
Nice shot. Since I'm the lynch (VT) I'll keep going as before and spend the rest of the phase going through what I think without feeling accountable, which will be refreshing.

Given that the J kill was 99% the result of a Bus Driver, which we know from GLG is a role that can self-target, they should be acting like a vig and switching themselves with suspects. They don't need to claim, but they can if they think it helps, because the roleblocker is dead and scum can't stop the Bus. If Soup doesn't get shot toNight, then I maintain that he needs to be looked at, and he should be held to a second shot by the town using soft-voting.

#HBC | Nabe

We either lynch Maven/Nabe or Maven claims credit for the day vig shot.
As I've said, this really isn't borne out in the evidence, and no one seems to even be suggesting evidence. I don't think it's valuable to sort Maven as if he's already lined up on the block when you have no one to hold accountable on a town flip.

#HBC | ѕoup

The world is not beautiful, therefore it is.
I don't bus like that down one member at the start of f2 you silly goose

#HBC | Nabe

I've heard a Bus-Driver softclaim. They can name themselves if they wish or I'll out them if they're not here.
Koops is talking about me here. I called his attention at Night to an obvious driver crumb that I dropped him in a response the first Day. I dropped the crumb to him in order to get shot, because I thought he was scum. It was a pointless exercise, because scum had role cop and roleblocker, and therefore no real reason to shoot me N1. In fact, the other person I sent a claim (cop) was Moydow, the literal roleblocker. As I said at the start of the Day, that claim and the cop claim were false. That should have already been clear to Koops by now.

Thirdkoopa

Administrator
Administrator
Writing Team
Somewhere on Discord while working on something
Koops is talking about me here. I called his attention at Night to an obvious driver crumb that I dropped him in a response the first Day. I dropped the crumb to him in order to get shot, because I thought he was scum. It was a pointless exercise, because scum had role cop and roleblocker, and therefore no real reason to shoot me N1. In fact, the other person I sent a claim (cop) was Moydow, the literal roleblocker. As I said at the start of the Day, that claim and the cop claim were false. That should have already been clear to Koops by now.
I figured you were actually the driver and just lying to Moy and Maven as cop (which now I know you never claimed to Maven)

Glad I didn't claim for you; not that I would have - that would've been rude.

#HBC | Nabe

Oh.

vote: nabe
It's my opinion that Nabe, Moydow and Seph committed to trying to save Seph.

It's my opinion that Nabe's soup push was to save Moydow.
Day 1, I saved Koops, not Seph. Moydow trying to save Seph is a false characterization as well. She was out of thread when Seph momentum overturned the lynch on Koops, making it clear that scum wasn't expecting that result at all, and completely **** the bed. I was in thread the entire time, encouraging Koops not to be a wet sack just letting his lynch happen.

ToDay, I started a Soup push with no time whatsoever to actually make it change. But I talked about Soup with every player I talked to at Night, and my reread toDay was focused on Maven/Soup which was a sticking point with both Vult and Koops at Night. I didn't find an opportunity to talk about Moydow toDay because I went off for my reread when Maven was the thread focus, not Moydow. But I said toDay that Moydow would probably welcome a lynch, regardless of faction, and I discussed her Poisoner points in my reread.

When Kantrip called out Moydow on her Seph reasoning in 438, she responded in 455 in a way that added nothing to her Seph read, and no consistency to shore the read up. But the post was liked by Kantrip, and he didn't bring it up again. Bombard this guy with posts toNight and toMorrow.

#HBC | Nabe

holy ****.

Man moy was kind of a hard read, but now I think we can move forward.

How does everyone feel on Maven?
How do you feel on Maven after his post?

Regardless, my eyes are on Nabe now
Why? Elaborate.

Awwww

Maf Moy what a shame :(

I had a feeling something was off but her posts were too bare compared to her one time as mafia RIP
Where's your head at? I don't like you only reacting to Moydow and saying nothing about game state when your listed townread is getting wagoned.

#HBC | Nabe

I can understand the reasoning behind nabe.
Which reasoning, specifically? Whose?

Vote: Nabe
Is that because the situation is framed as if it's me or you? Because your catch-up post didn't seem to indicate this as a read.

Hey Vig shoot Nabe right now if you can, nothing says you can’t shoot twice in one day
The role says that it's once per Day. And if it were possible, this is a really bad idea anyway given the closeness to deadline.

I think it's important to be really clear about something. If there is a bus driver (likely) you should not be swapping Soup with anyone toNight. You should be self-swapping with someone scummy. Swapping Soup means you can be shot. If Soup is even the Vig, your role is still much more important to town than the Vig.

#HBC | Nabe

Kantrip got bonus points for not taking opportunities to derail the Seph wagon (he could have done this by convincing me to switch to J; he did the opposite)
This isn't valuable. Lynching inactives is bad, and trying to derail Seph to J would have looked scummy to most players who aren't you, because J had no content and no interaction buildup.

More to the point, Kantrip was on the correct wagon to derail a Seph lynch: the Koops wagon. He was the first vote on that wagon, on the votecount at least, and that wagon appeared to be going through to a lynch, right up until it didn't. Jumping to J wouldn't have made any sense for Kantrip as scum especially.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
How do you feel on Maven after his post?

Why? Elaborate.

Where's your head at? I don't like you only reacting to Moydow and saying nothing about game state when your listed townread is getting wagoned.
Which reasoning, specifically? Whose?

Is that because the situation is framed as if it's me or you? Because your catch-up post didn't seem to indicate this as a read.

The role says that it's once per Day. And if it were possible, this is a really bad idea anyway given the closeness to deadline.

I think it's important to be really clear about something. If there is a bus driver (likely) you should not be swapping Soup with anyone toNight. You should be self-swapping with someone scummy. Swapping Soup means you can be shot. If Soup is even the Vig, your role is still much more important to town than the Vig.
I already answered these.

To reiterate. My problems with you are the same I have with Maven.

You've both be fighting with others(You with Maven and vice versa, Maven with Seph). Easily could be scum trying to blend in. On top of that. in regards to you. You did exactly what Moy did. Put the lease amount of effort into your posts imo. Most of your posts just raise questions without getting too in depth in analysis or more. That just makes it seem like your trying to seem active without being super active.

As for Maven, his fighting, belief that Seph was just being an ass rather than scum, and persistence on having a vote for Koops even after Seph was lynched as scum.

Not to mention Moy defending Maven in her ISO.

There's enough on both sides that I think make you or maven likely in all honestly.

Thirdkoopa

Administrator
Administrator
Writing Team
Player Name, you have been randomly chosen to become the 2 Shot Day Vigilante

Abilities: Once per Day phase, you may PM me the action "Kill:player Name" The next time I log onto smashboards, I will post in thread that Player Name is killed. I will do my best to be as active as possible on smash boards during Day phases, so apologies if I do not see your PM in a timely manner.
Win condition: You win when all threats to the town have been eliminated and there is at least one town player alive.
Vult Redux Vult Redux Unless Giraffel changed the rules or something, the dayvig can only shoot once a day.

If Nabe were to get shot I'd say Maven next. If Maven/Nabe aren't it I'm leaning towards Fandangox since of him and Kantrip I feel he's the scummier one.

my order goes something like this,

Maven
Fandangox
Kantrip

BIG GAP

Soup / Shish (I still think scum is in the last four and I'm done overthinking it.)
Pokechu

SMALL GAP

Vult / Z25 (Practically cleared in my mind after Moy's posts. Unless Scum were just trying to gain momentum on me and not really worried about momentum on Vult/Z25, but, the possibility is wine and should only be heavily poked on if we're down to like five people and still haven't found the last scum.)

#HBC | Nabe

Last Night, I laid out for Vult why I thought he was a town clear off of his first post. That's why I said in thread, "Why does anyone think Vult is scum?" and had a bit of a post chain about it. I walked that reasoning back pretty quickly on my own, but no one responded (tags were J, Seph, and Kantrip to memory) and I thought that was mystifying. Vult didn't even respond in the PM about that, so for completeness and in case he's scum, I'm mentioning it.

Thirdkoopa

Administrator
Administrator
Writing Team
assuming dayvig lives tomorrow and shoots we still have two mislynches + our misfire to burn through, assuming we're wrong all of those times. I just figure I'd let everyone know.

If Dayvig dies tonight we no lynch when we're down to 4 people.

Thirdkoopa

Administrator
Administrator
Writing Team
Day 1, I saved Koops, not Seph. Moydow trying to save Seph is a false characterization as well. She was out of thread when Seph momentum overturned the lynch on Koops, making it clear that scum wasn't expecting that result at all, and completely **** the bed. I was in thread the entire time, encouraging Koops not to be a wet sack just letting his lynch happen.
Correct, but, bolded is the part I'm curious on. Are you implying Scum dipped on purpose and prayed on the rest of the town hanging me? If so, that's what I'm thinking, too. I'm wondering more if they planned for my lynch or if they were seeing if they could get a Vult/Z25 lynch too based on both Moy and Seph's posts.

I ask you this, which, I'm not sure if it's been covered. Why didn't you change your vote from me to Seph? Feel free to just quote previous reasoning if I've missed it.

Maven89

Smash Master
Last Night, I laid out for Vult why I thought he was a town clear off of his first post. That's why I said in thread, "Why does anyone think Vult is scum?" and had a bit of a post chain about it. I walked that reasoning back pretty quickly on my own, but no one responded (tags were J, Seph, and Kantrip to memory) and I thought that was mystifying. Vult didn't even respond in the PM about that, so for completeness and in case he's scum, I'm mentioning it.
If you’re town what do you think is the probability that Koopa is scum?

#HBC | Nabe

@#HBC | soup has replaced Fire Emblemier
Updated vote count:

Sephiroth: Vult, Z25, Shish, Thirdkoopa (4)
Thirdkoopa: Kantrip, Moydow, Seph (3)
Fire Emblemier: Nabe (1)
Nabe: Fand (1)
Z25: Maven (1)

Note Voting: J, pokechu, soup.
Preemptive vote after reading

Vote: Thethirdkoopa
Don't really think Seph/Koopa is TvT, giving Seph brownie points because I think his tone is way more pure compared to Thirdkoopa who is essentially provoking Seph into losing arguments by making it seem like he's at fault for not meeting his standards, which is something I alluded to in previous post. Also felt Seph was way more..Vulnerable. Don't really see the agenda in his posts
Eyes on Kantrip for suggesting that I had more impact than this on saving Seph over Koops.

#HBC | Nabe

Correct, but, bolded is the part I'm curious on. Are you implying Scum dipped on purpose and prayed on the rest of the town hanging me? If so, that's what I'm thinking, too. I'm wondering more if they planned for my lynch or if they were seeing if they could get a Vult/Z25 lynch too based on both Moy and Seph's posts.

I ask you this, which, I'm not sure if it's been covered. Why didn't you change your vote from me to Seph? Feel free to just quote previous reasoning if I've missed it.
I didn't switch because I wanted your lynch over Seph, and I didn't want there to be any ambiguity whatsoever when you flipped scum that Seph was also scum.

If you’re town what do you think is the probability that Koopa is scum?
17%.

My question to you needs an answer before flip.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
My soft vote for dayvig toMorrow is Z25. That's trumped by Fand if he doesn't respond before deadline.
Vult Redux Vult Redux Unless Giraffel changed the rules or something, the dayvig can only shoot once a day.

If Nabe were to get shot I'd say Maven next. If Maven/Nabe aren't it I'm leaning towards Fandangox since of him and Kantrip I feel he's the scummier one.

my order goes something like this,

Maven
Fandangox
Kantrip

BIG GAP

Soup / Shish (I still think scum is in the last four and I'm done overthinking it.)
Pokechu

SMALL GAP

Vult / Z25 (Practically cleared in my mind after Moy's posts. Unless Scum were just trying to gain momentum on me and not really worried about momentum on Vult/Z25, but, the possibility is wine and should only be heavily poked on if we're down to like five people and still haven't found the last scum.)
I'm curious why would you day vig me? I claimed already, exposed seph as mafia, and was viewed as suspicious by another mafia member.

That amount of work is not what mafia would go through. It risks two of their members and they are now down 2 of those.

Vult Redux

Smash Lord
NNID
Voluero
Last Night, I laid out for Vult why I thought he was a town clear off of his first post. ... Vult didn't even respond in the PM about that, so for completeness and in case he's scum, I'm mentioning it.
uuuuh I mean this in the nicest way possible. I just read it and didn't understand so reread it and still didn't understand so I just sort of let it go....

Thirdkoopa

Administrator
Administrator
Writing Team
also, don't read this if you dislike ****ty WIFOM and meta arguments

if I were scum with Moydow and Seph, unless they were absolutely positive they couldn't work with me (Seph, I can understand saying, but Moydow? She's a chill person and I got along with her just fine in Phantom Mafia) I wouldn't have had them bus me. I'd have them go after Shish or Vult while I'd have gone after Maven, Nabe, and the poisoner wagon. If Nabe is basing that 17% off of the fact that I'm okay with bussing, he should remember: despite my Day 1 and 2 shenanigans, I never put a single vote on Nabe or Pokechu. The probability of me making it down all the way to 3 player Lylo, even after bussing my entire scum team, would still only be a 33-66% chance at winning. What she said to Nabe about being busy? I would have told her to say that in the thread.

Also, the key sinker is: I wouldn't have given Town a ****ing DayVig.

dgmw, we should consider all possibilities, but some possibilities are definitely more plausible than others.

#HBC | Nabe

I'm curious why would you day vig me? I claimed already, exposed seph as mafia, and was viewed as suspicious by another mafia member.

That amount of work is not what mafia would go through. It risks two of their members and they are now down 2 of those.
This is probably moreso post-game commentary, but you need to understand that saying "I've claimed already" when that claim is Vanilla Townie is a meaningless statement. The reason people think of you as town is because of Seph thinking that you're scum.

uuuuh I mean this in the nicest way possible. I just read it and didn't understand so reread it and still didn't understand so I just sort of let it go....
The majority of the players in this game already know that there are no hammers on DGames these days. That you thought there was a hammer suggested to me at the time that you were town, because there should have been someone on the scumteam (there was, Moydow) who knew that and would have corrected your knowledge. Again, I don't think this actually holds up, because there's no reason to believe that you necessarily communicated with them, or that it would have come up at all with them before your post. We'll have to see in post-game when you post the scum QT and prove me wrong! Still, not a single player bothered to even address my multiple comments on you, which again makes me think you don't have a scumteam, who might have wanted to say something about you.

Vult Redux

Smash Lord
NNID
Voluero
Gut from Nabe's last few posts says he's town but I've also gotten good gut feelings from Fend, Maven, and Soup at different points so idk.

Maybe it is Fand. He did push Nabe instead of Moy toDay.

The majority of the players in this game already know that there are no hammers on DGames these days. That you thought there was a hammer suggested to me at the time that you were town, because there should have been someone on the scumteam (there was, Moydow) who knew that and would have corrected your knowledge. Again, I don't think this actually holds up, because there's no reason to believe that you necessarily communicated with them, or that it would have come up at all with them before your post. We'll have to see in post-game when you post the scum QT and prove me wrong! Still, not a single player bothered to even address my multiple comments on you, which again makes me think you don't have a scumteam, who might have wanted to say something about you.
oooooh I see now. Thank you

#HBC | Nabe

what are your other 83% leaning towards then?
It's a made-up number, because Maven is asking a dumb question and avoiding a necessary one. You endgaming is a foregone conclusion IMO, I'm resigned to that. I just feel entitled to voice it now, given that I'm being lynched, because that's better than doing it in Smartland.

Vult Redux

Smash Lord
NNID
Voluero
Not to be counterproductive but I don't think Nabe's that likely to flip mafia (#882 and other recent posts made me rethink him). And it would be pretty sweet if we played a "perfect" game by lynching scum toDay.

I don't really know who would else to vote for though

#HBC | ѕoup

I was thinking shishoe personally but apparently others want z2s

Vult Redux

Smash Lord
NNID
Voluero
Maybe this is tunnel vision but I'm not even considering Shishoe unless we get to D4+ and haven't found the last scum.

#HBC | ѕoup

vote: shishoe be the change you wanna see in the world etc

#HBC | ѕoup

Maybe this is tunnel vision but I'm not even considering Shishoe unless we get to D4+ and haven't found the last scum.
Just seeing it like seph prob included a mate in his scumlist but that's just me

#HBC | Nabe

Yo, there are posts I hadn't read on page 20.

Ok looking through the posts. Moy isn't playing exactly the same as usual, but she isn't playing the same as she did as scum in past games.

I honestly am starting to think Moy is genuinely unable to put as much time in due to life and wouldn't prioritize lynching her yet.

Imo her posts are like Nabe's atm. Just contributing enough to try and contribute and seem active. So it could go either way.

My points towards Maven still stand though.

With the extension I hope all our targets can be more active and we can sort things out better.
Well for now you can put me down towards not leaning towards moy.

I don’t think a full conclusion can be reached till we have more responses though
this guy

Maven89

Smash Master
I didn't switch because I wanted your lynch over Seph, and I didn't want there to be any ambiguity whatsoever when you flipped scum that Seph was also scum.

17%.

My question to you needs an answer before flip.
It’s self preservation, my early thoughts, and the fact that you’ve led a counter push against every scum member up to be lynched

Top Bottom