• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

PYP mafia! Game over!

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
I've been useful since D1 but it's not like it seems to matter, does it?
No one voted for you until you automatically assumed we thought your were fully guilty. Which wasn't the case. So by refusing to try and defend yourself and act mire shady because of it, you left town no choice. You more than likely would have lived if you actually tried to talk today. No one thought you weren't helpful or productive, but you just stopped that so you fell under suspicion for an activity decline, and then wouldn't defend yourselves.

so you kind of left town no other options. You made the lynch be you, when it likely wasn't going to be.

unvote.

vote:shishoe

giraffelasergun

Smash Lord
Shish, Mafia Rolecop, Has been lynched!

Town wins! Thank you everyone playing, this has been a very fun game to spectate and I hope you had as much fun playing!

Vult Redux

Smash Lord
NNID
Voluero
Congrats to the town.

Good job Dooplissity Dooplissity for saving your slot.
Also good job Thirdkoopa Thirdkoopa for investing a lot into game and Kantrip Kantrip for having really solid reads.
Pokechu Pokechu gets credit for a really clutch last second vote too. We would not have been in such a good position without it.

I thought @Shishœ you played well too. You really had me fooled for a while.

BarDulL

Town Vampire

GJ Town. Good attempt by Shish, loved the AtE bluff at the end.

GJ to Doop especially for strapping up in a poor-positioned slot and taking it down. What a trooper

Thirdkoopa

Administrator
Administrator
Writing Team
Somewhere on Discord while working on something
I think the big slip that gave me less reason to doubt is when Shish started rolefishing Soup and then tried to get the claim out of me. What's funny is, and I don't have to feel bad for this backstabbing now, but I sent Pokechu Pokechu and Vult Redux Vult Redux a longform 6 hour analysis of the game night 1.

...and then on the off chance that one of them was scum, I forwarded a copy to Z25 Z25 . Turns out all three ended up being town and one of them as the PR which was nice. Part of me was hoping for some epic LyLo between Chu and Z25 over who was the last scum with me as the hammer, but, this ending still puts a smile on my face LOL

Shish's bus was hella good.

Props to everyone for playing well. Bar some inactivity and a certain player's Day 1, this game was without a doubt one of the most fun ones I've ever been in. Good game to all.

#HBC | ѕoup

The world is not beautiful, therefore it is.
I'm generally confused about Moy being a little salty about me scumreading her? he? sentient blob? I told you that I thought you had the ability to convince me and others but the fact remains that never happened so I was allowed to conf bias you to your untimely grave. I think the idea of me only scumreading you because I didn't know your meta is kinda preposterous because I made a general assumption of your play based on my own knowledge which wouldn't be exclusive to you, and even then if I did play with you and your only argument "hey that's just how i play lol" I wouldn't feel wholly convinced regardless

Shish, I think you did OK meshing with the town for a moment but as time went on your voice got drowned out regardless if people weren't necessarily talking about you (besides me). I also noted I thought it was a little telling how you were hard-convinced on Seph at the end but did not take the steps to come to that conclusion, but I digress.

Last edited:

#HBC | ѕoup

The world is not beautiful, therefore it is.
IMO, Town got lucky breaks and Scum got bad hands, like imagine if Seph didn't get lynched over Koops: Game could've been way different. Pokechu is the silent MVP in my eyes in that moment

Another moment that could've been a turning point is if Kantrip didn't vig Moydow like that, I could've maybe died and Moydow could've been given more time to prove innocence. Things just happened to fall in place for town, not to discredit those who had good reads

Last edited:

Thirdkoopa

Administrator
Administrator
Writing Team
Chu/Z25/I pretty much twisted the game, and then, with you catching onto Moydow and the roleblocker dying that quickly (+town nighttalk) we quickly had it in the bag.

The massclaim did wonders for this day phase and eliminated a lot of WIFOM

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Well good game. When you didn't defend yourself @Shishœ I thought about past games were you were scummy and how it felt eeirly similar. I honestly think you could have turned things around if you did put a fight up though.

Fun game everyone, gg town.

Vult Redux

Smash Lord
NNID
Voluero
Thanks for inviting me to these PMs. I'm looking through everything now. I think I underestimated this group of players... in retrospect this game has pretty high level play that was cracked open by a clutch vote.

I didn't post my own thoughts throughout but here's a short reflection.

D1: I pushed Seph because he was the first slot I started scumreading. Usually I try to beg people to vote for my target until they reach L-1 votes and they have a meltdown and then I back off. But the only other choice was Koopa and I thought he was town so.

N1: Mafia always kill me N1. :) Also on Night 1, Maven reached out to warn me that Koopa was rolefishing (I already knew this because Koopa told me and I was cool with it). Since scum tried to kill me, it didn't make sense for Maven to warn me because I'd be dead. So that's why I was against voting him later on.

D2: I was pretty confident on Moy, but after he got shot I wasn't really sure of the best direction. I probably got a little confident because I knew I couldn't be killed after Moy died.

N2: I protected Kantrip because it was more important for him to get to D3 than me. I also figured scum would have to be pretty ballsy to target me twice.

D3: Doopliss's good posts, combined with Maven's town-tell N1 made me want to flip the vote. Shishoe was just next on the list.

Nah it's fine I feel like I can get out of this. Vult is pushing really hard and I don't think he has that much on me.
:)

Last edited:

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
One other thing is for like 1 second day one I actually considered shish could be mafia too. Since he made that comment on finding it hard to trust me after last he game he said to trust me more lol.

I didn't put much faith into it though.

D

Deleted member

Main reason we lost is because we chose the completely wrong poison. Dayvig ended up helping Town more than anything and Busdriver ended up being an annoyance. Tracker and Cop would have ruined us way more easily though lol
Well good game. When you didn't defend yourself @Shishœ I thought about past games were you were scummy and how it felt eeirly similar. I honestly think you could have turned things around if you did put a fight up though.

Fun game everyone, gg town.
Pretty sure I was only lynched as Scum on FEH2 and even then I deliberately gave up when I knew there was nothing I could do. But still, good catch, I guess.

Thirdkoopa

Administrator
Administrator
Writing Team
I played like ****, but still lived longer than Nabe ##realvictory
post of the game.

Also Maven, you weren't that bad imo. Day 1 reads kinda warped with everything. Soup doesn't know this yet, but, at the end of Night 1 he was the top of my scumlist

Needless to say that changed very quickly during Day 2.

Kantrip

Kantplay
Yooo good job everyone.

This game was super fun. I'll consider it my first real game back since I actually got to play instead of getting lynched D1. Will make a shoutouts post later.

Dooplissity

BRoomer
BRoomer
Vult, GLG, Nabe, and I all know each other from AllisBrawl back when, you know, Brawl was a game, and that was a site. We played in their equivalent of dgames.

I've bounced around to other forums, (which is where I met TK) but most have died, so I really only play at MafiaScum now even though I kind of hate their meta. I dunno about the others.

Last edited:

Fandangox

Smash Lord
Vult, GLG, Nabe, and I all know each other from AllisBrawl back when, you know, Brawl was a game, and that was a site. We played in their equivalent of dgames.

I've bounced around to other forums, (which is where I met TK) but most have died, so I really only play at MafiaScum now even though I kind of hate their meta. I dunno about the others.
Back then when a OMGUS was known as a Tizoc vote

Kantrip

Kantplay
I am super happy with my play this game. I was able to correctly townread a lot of people early on, and sniffed out Seph being mafia despite keeping my vote on Thirdkoopa, which could have caused D1 to go very differently. Who knows how the game would have went if Third went first. Luckily we didn't have to worry about that. I'm pretty happy with the Moydow shot as well, and then although we didn't get the perfect game PoE was relatively painless and even with the Nabe mislynch and the Fanny mis-shot, we got Shish relatively quickly.

Thirdkoopa Thirdkoopa - Great job Day 1 dealing with the pressure and the momentum of your wagon. You didn't push for Seph as the alternative until you were convinced he was scum and then your interactions with him were very level-headed and logical. You also handled the points against you very well and had a big part to play in getting Seph lynched over yourself. From then on you became a powerful force for town. You were basically universally-trusted and used both Night convos and the thread very well to coordinate with town, locate the PRs, scumhunt, and reason out who the remaining mafia were. The amount of thought and effort you put into the game was very apparent and it helped ease my mind, at least, about your dedication to finding scum.

Pokechu Pokechu - I wish you had been around a bit more later in the game, but your intuition to trust Thirdkoopa and swing the lynch to Seph last minute was a huge moment for town a absolutely a contributing factor to our strong victory. Props for that, as well as for your townread on Nabe in spite of many others (myself included) turning on him. I respect the confidence you play with, for sure. I'm not sure if it has or will come back to haunt you that you stick to early reads like the Nabe one, but you were right this time so I can't criticize if it works! Good stuff.

Vult Redux Vult Redux - Your reads this game were solid and you played your role super well. Sniffing out Seph so quick was impressive, and I respect the confidence you exuded in your reads that made other people want to follow your lead. You certainly played a part in the Seph lynch just as Third and Pokechu did, and then you clutched N1 by saving yourself. It would have been hype if you got Moydow with that too like you were considering, but I think J was a logical choice. Unfortunate that he was our jailer but I guess we didn't need it, haha. Later on, trusting Thirdkoopa and claiming to him benefited both of us and allowed town to coordinate our reads and our night actions in private which really utilized the power of Night PMs. Super well played, man.

@Shishœ - You put up a really good fight as the last mafioso. I sincerely doubted the Day 1 bus because of how close the two wagons were and how easy it would have been for people to hop on the Thirdkoopa wagon to save Seph. I suppose Seph being the goon made bussing him a better option than I considered, but props for pulling it off rather convincingly. The way you joined based on Vult's case and made a legitimate push for lynching Seph was well-played, and kept suspicion off you for a decent time until it became evident that bussing occurred at which point you were unfortunately the first choice. I think you coasted a little bit off of D1 and weren't around as much (or at least not actively contributing) in later phases which caused opinions of you to deteriorate, but I understand being demotivated after your two partners die and your kill gets redirected to the inactive before any of town's strong players could even be killed off. I think the way the game ended was inevitable and did really well considering the circumstances.

#HBC | ѕoup #HBC | ѕoup - What do I gotta do to make you townread meeeee? Your reads were sick this game, too. Loved that we vibed on Moydow and most things in general and I guess I'm glad you could work with me even if you'll never trust me. Ironic that you unvoted Shishoe to try for a perfect game when going through with that lynch would've given it to us. Regardless, you played the game well and your reaction to Moydow's death made everyone (including mafia) think you were the dayvig and you saved me from getting gunned down by them, so thanks! I maintain that trying to swing Moydow D1 was too little too late but it was the correct read and definitely made mafia quake in their boots, so props regardless. Glad you replaced in!

#HBC | Nabe #HBC | Nabe - Sorry for doubting you, Nabey. I liked what you were doing early game with your scumhunting and your approach to getting information. If it weren't for my stubbornness in thinking mafia didn't bus Seph, I probably wouldn't have scumread you. I definitely looked back at your game with some heavy confirmation bias after my shot on Moydow yielded scum because I thought it would be convenient if mafia coordinated their D1 votes and the game wrapped itself up in a nice little bow. Obviously that didn't happen, but your posts before you got lynched were very good and you put a lot of effort into stuff despite going down which I appreciate. I also love your posting style, your back and forth over word salads with Fanny was very entertaining lmao.

Dooplissity Dooplissity - You did a great job turning around public opinion on a sketchy slot and I genuinely appreciated your thoughts and insight in the final Day phase. You made it really easy to reconsider your slot and want to go for Shish instead, and that's not easy to do having to play catch-up and deal with someone else's mess. Also respect for being wary of Thirdkoopa and going for a fakeclaim gambit. I think admitting it was a fake-out was the right move, but no harm done in going for it.

Fandangox Fandangox - Sorry for shooting you, man! I was so convinced you were mafia off of PoE because I wasn't ready to look at potential bussers of Seph. I was also mistaken in part of my case against you when I said you lied about your Moydow read. Looking back again I confirmed that you were actually consistent about not liking the slot, it just wasn't one of your stronger scumreads. Even if your reads weren't the most accurate, I think you did a good job of asking questions to understand why people did certain things, even if you already townread them. I may have thought they seemed like innocuous questions in the game because they didn't seem to lead anywhere, but in hindsight they were good and I'm sure the answers helped clear stuff up for you. I don't even blame you for tunneling Nabe like you did because your points on him were reasonable. Even D1 I townread you because I saw the genuine intent behind your push, so good stuff!

Z25 Z25 - I was mistaken when I said Vult convinced you Seph was scum. You were actually the first person to verbalize disdain for him, like you said, and Vult only convinced you to put your vote there. Good stuff for sniffing that out, and I think the fact that you sat your vote on that wagon helped a lot not only in getting the lynch, but also in keeping yourself in town's good books for most of the game. Your willingness to concede when people disagreed with your D0 votes was also admirable, as well as having the confidence to be the first to lay down votes for roles.

Moydow Moydow - Sorry for shooting you without giving you a proper chance to respond to pressure on you! :p I think my mind was made up either way, though. Seph getting lynched didn't help you because I really was heavily scrutinizing everyone on the Thirdkoopa wagon once Seph flipped scum. A case of unfortunate circumstances for you because I think if you got the kills off on me/Vult/soup like you wanted you had a decent chance to live for a long time. As it turned out, I was dayvig and lucked out in that you didn't kill or roleblock me so I was able to deny you that opportunity. Good game, though!

Sephiroths Masamune Sephiroths Masamune - You caught a bad break by having people on your back so early. Vult was confident in his read and started the momentum that made you have to play on your back foot for all of Day 1. I understand how hard it is to play when you're getting pressure in the early game, and all your interactions were examined under a microscope as a result. I think the AtE/defensiveness backfired a bit in that a lot of the playerlist didn't buy it and instead wanted to lynch you more for your responses and general demeanor. It worked on some people, though, and with a different playerlist I could totally see people reconsidering and siding with you instead. Bad luck but overall I think you played well under the circumstances. That vote was crazy close which is a testament to the effort you put in because Thirdkoopa was definitely swinging for the fences, too.

#HBC | J #HBC | J - MVP for sure. :p

Maven89 Maven89 , Fire Emblemier Fire Emblemier - Shame you guys had to replace out, but I'm okay with it because your replacements both did a great job being townie when it counted haha! For real though, I don't have much to comment on for Fire, but to Maven: I think your play was solid. A lot of people (myself included) got a bit hung up on your interactions with Seph but that's not your fault and I remember really vibing with your thoughts early game. Shame stuff got in the way of you seeing the game to completion, but good job nonetheless!

giraffelasergun giraffelasergun - Thanks for hosting! I had a lot of fun. I appreciated the thought you put into sorting out NAR and answering questions about role interactions. You went above and beyond with the added answer about Tracker targeting mafia performing two actions. Not going to lie, I absolutely metagamed the mod statements, and when you publicly posted the questions and responses I definitely surmised that the roles asked about were likely in play, since it was either mafia asking or the person who had the role, itself. The Tracker question threw me off because I knew the Jailer was dead and I was the Dayvig, so there couldn't be both a BD and a Tracker, so the red herring question served its purpose. You also posted my daykill flips really fast, so thanks for that! :)

Top Bottom