• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

PYP mafia! Game over!

Thirdkoopa

Administrator
Administrator
Writing Team
Somewhere on Discord while working on something
Well I knew there was some degree of support. With 2 scum dead I wasn't even worried about whether there'd be resistance to lynches or not anymore because if there was there wouldn't be any concern of it being a scummate trying to divert the wagon.

So in a way I was surprised that it was so easy to swing it but it didn't bother me one way or another. I would've pushed more for it if I had to.

It's weird to be playing in a game where I feel like people are just fine with whatever lynch option is proposed, but I'm not complaining. Unless we lose, then I'll be mad that other people didn't pick up where my reads failed lmao
Fair enough. What made you not say yes to Maven? Were you waiting for him to post content or?

Kantrip

Kantplay
When are you referring to? I feel like I was always open to Maven and saw the weird interactions people talked about I just thought other people made more sense.

At this point I'm in PoE mode and it's landing on his slot, though. If that fails I'm not sure where my head will end up.

Thirdkoopa

Administrator
Administrator
Writing Team
When are you referring to? I feel like I was always open to Maven and saw the weird interactions people talked about I just thought other people made more sense.

At this point I'm in PoE mode and it's landing on his slot, though. If that fails I'm not sure where my head will end up.
Day 2. Not today. Today's been a weird day but I'm trying to ask all the questions I can to make sure we maximize the information out of this Day.

Kantrip

Kantplay
So Day 2 post-Moydow flip? I was okay with either Maven or Nabe and I think I said as much but I went for Nabe cuz I thought he was more likely to be scum based on his vote aligning with Moydow and Seph D1.

Thirdkoopa

Administrator
Administrator
Writing Team
Unfortunately, I can't 100% confirm myself, so you'll have to settle for 99%. For me, I realize if we make it to Day 4 everyone (but the PR's - if we're lucky enough to have them both be the next day) are on hot fire so...

INTRO STATEMENT:
Nabe made the best case - He doesn't think the scum team were expecting Seph to be lynched I was under 0% pressure when Seph was voted, but, Seph had 3 votes. I only had one vote from Kantrip. I was under no real danger to say the least. If I were scum, I could have just lead a lynch on Z25 or Shish easily and then started the nonsense between him and I later.

I dug my own shovel. I could have ended my Nabe interactions at that.

It's not just our interactions (because they're all pretty absurd - Seph was out to bury me from the beginning of the day and even so far as the Day 0 phase, and then, I set out to bury him) but it's in the Vote Count Analysis.
Before I threw my vote, there were three voters on him.

VOTES BEFORE I VOTED:
Vult, Shish, and Z25.

Two of these were viewed as scummy by the town (Shish and Z25) and one of these was viewed as close to Scum and no real reason to trust (Vult). Beyond Moydow and Seph, who were actively pushing for any lynch other than their scum mates. We can look at everyone else that was in the game.

If I didn't come in, the lynch wouldn't have happened, period. Kantrip, Maven, and Fandango were unreliable for the vote. Soup wasn't even in the game most of the day. Moydow and Seph obviously weren't going to vote Seph. J was inactive. Pokechu was a left field surprise for all of us. Nabe played philosophy.

ONCE MY VOTE CAME IN:
I voted for Seph and made a huge case. Moydow and Seph (Moy voting first need I remind you) tried to pull in momentum on me - Here's the biggest thing: I think they were 100% expecting to push that lynch. I can't say who the third scum is based off of that if Dooplissity flips town, but, based on the flip scum, I can tell you they were going for momentum on me.

You can argue that Seph vs Me is scum v scum, sure, but why would we have Moydow fencesit on one of us when they could have very well fence sat on both of us and got the Shish wagon pushing? Furthermore, I'd be the rolecop, and that would be under the presumption they'd be willing to bus their Rolecop before their regular Goon - That's a pretty big shot in the leg to the team that was trying to push for Rolecop. It would also mean that Moydow, Seph, and I were all willing to bus our own scum team. Moydow and I in particular. On Day 1. Day 1.

CONCLUSION:
I can't 100% confirm myself, but at the very least, if the game continues to Day 4, I can make my case as well written and clear as possible. If the game does continue to Day 4, there's absolutely no reason anyone shouldn't be at least making cases as to why they're not the last scum member.

Scum please kill me. I want to be done thinking over who's the last scum. Just please kill me if this game goes on. I'm sick of ISO's.

Thirdkoopa

Administrator
Administrator
Writing Team
So Day 2 post-Moydow flip? I was okay with either Maven or Nabe and I think I said as much but I went for Nabe cuz I thought he was more likely to be scum based on his vote aligning with Moydow and Seph D1.
Reasonable enough. You answered my questions adequately. Feel free to ask me anything.

Where's your reads list at this point at? I know it's super muddy after Fandangox's town flip and the possibility of a Seph busser being scum. (I do somewhat consider you a key player of Seph's lynch since you did scum read him super hard)

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Maaaan.

I just don't know which type of bussing I buy if it's not Maven/Doop.

Vult - Literally started the wagon's momentum and actively encouraged people to join him on Seph both at the beginning and right before deadline. This would have to be a coordinated and pre-planned hard bus and I find it very unlikely.

Z25, Shish - Both joined due to Vult's encouragement. Both said they didn't necessarily see it (and Shish said he was a bit iffy on Vult's pushiness), but ultimately they both stayed on it the whole time. Z25 more passively and Shish more actively as the Day progressed. I suppose I could see either of these but it's strange to me that they joined the wagon more as sheep to Vult's case to add to the pressure and had an easy back-door to change their read on Seph considering they didn't hard commit to scumreading him. Probably the two most likely of the bunch, though?

Pokechu - This would mean a last second bus when the wagons were tied and Pokechu very easily could have saved his partner by either joining the opposing wagon or just staying out of the thread entirely. One point in favour of this being possible is that Pokechu thought the risk was worth it and that Moydow and him could coast which would line up with the fact that Pokechu defended Moydow when pressure was on her. Considering soup was already onto Moydow Day 1 before the hammer, however, I'd be surprised if Pokechu went for this risky of a play.

Thirdkoopa - This would be some wiiild Day 1 distancing followed by some slick scumplay including getting PRs to claim to him and then not killing them for the added WIFOM. I am not ruling this out, but I want to trust my gut that I don't think the Seph vs Thirdkoopa interactions were SvS and Thirdkoopa has been by far the most proactive in terms of trying to figure things out as of recently.

I've gotta PoE this first because none of these options particularly seem likely to me whereas Maven's slot has nothing disqualifying him and there are some strange interactions between him and Seph.

Vote: Doop
Your referring to day one with this right?

If so your sorely mistaken on my take on Seph. I am pretty sure I was the first one to put him as my number scum read on my list.

Then vult came in and I already agreed seph was scum so I joined the vote. However Seph was basically on my ass for no reason since he came on. Trying to take the most minuscule things and say that since it's my first time I must have slipped and was mafia. Which is far from the case as we know.

I know the one way to shut him down was my claim. Scum ain't fighting that day one especially when they can't fake claim in this or it will backfire hard. Plus seph was easy to get a reaction out of furthering his guilt.

So, I'll start here. The obvious question of "Assume Dooplissity isn't scum" stands, but, I want to go a bit beyond that

Dooplissity Dooplissity - Where's your head at now that Fandangox has flipped? Assuming the game doesn't end upon your lynch (or hell, you can even argue it, since I know we're going by PoE) what would be your personal reads list?

Z25 Z25 - What are you positive makes you more town than the rest of the people on Seph's wagon? I know the arguments for you being Town, but, what makes you stand out? Furthermore, why do you find my theory (one that, keep in mind, I think is unlikely) about you bussing Seph because you knew you wouldn't get along with him unlikable? You were the least active one during the Seph push when we were pushing that if memory serves me correctly.

Pokechu Pokechu - Why is it that immediately after Night 1, you became disassociated from the game? In a way that almost Scum would do - You were practically considered Cleared Town after Night 1 - A lot of people (my reads list included, which you saw) considered you as cleared town, ergo meaning, you wouldn't be a lynch option until later in the game.

Vult Redux Vult Redux - Why didn't you bus Seph? A lot of how you and Seph personally interacted with each other screams as something that wasn't trying to be a big case as it's clear the Mafia didn't expect it to go anywhere.

Kantrip Kantrip - Any stance I prove about you wanting to switch to Seph is wine since you would have switched, so, here we go. Why did you immediately vote Nabe after the dayvig firing? Was it because of PoE or was it because of waiting for discussion?

@Shishœ - Same question to Pokechu as it was to you. I know you were less considered town, but you started to disassociate. I can't even remember any plays in particular you've done or you even being around for the Moy push much (I know you were around more than Chu) - You answered my Soup question adequately at least.

i'm at a headache and i'm going to have to re-read a lot; the ISO's in particular.
Touched upon some things in my quoted post above. But I'd say the thing that makes me most town is me pinning a mafia day 1 before anyone else by simply analyzing them well.

I slowed down in posting day one because there really was no more I could say or do to fight seph's arguments. My claim was my ace and it served me well. I'm grateful for your valiant defense of me because it really pushed scum into the corner fully. It's been pretty fun working as kind of a team this game actually.

I had no reason to bus a fellow scum day one, and honestly if I disliked someone why would I do that? That's being a **** teammate and I wouldn't want that. For example last game I was going back and forth hard with Nabe. I don't hate him but I think you could come up with a theory like yours for seph if you really wanted too. But it was nowhere near the truth. I can safely assure you the same applies here.

I didn't have much to contribute to the later day phases because damn town was on fire. Getting scum back to back was amazing especially when one was a power role.After seph my reads were pretty mixed. Moy was too inactive for me to figuring them out properly. Shishoe and pokechu also just disappeared basically so there was little to base on them beside that, and I had already voiced my concerns on maven and nabe. Which Nabe wasn't right but I've said it before I'm not always right but I try.

At this point I'm not sure who to go for. Most of what I just said still applies. Vult gives me a strong town read as do you. For either of you to be mafia it be a lot of work, not to mention you and vult actively defeated scum which would be too far for bussing imo. My strongest read now goes to Doop based on Maven's behavior but with doop being completely different we don't have anything new to add to it.

Lastly there's kantrip who I honestly don't know what to think. They kind of contribute, but sometimes its pretty solid thoughts, others their thoughts are just there. So I really don't know.

I think that sums my thoughts up about now but feel free to ask anything else.

And while I kind of answered your second question, I'll directly sum it up here. I find it pretty weak. Getting rid of a teamate because I don't like them is pretty dumb. I never met seph before know and while he may he tried to lynch me hard, I don't blame him for trying to win or hold anything against him. It be a bad move imo to do that to a teammate, when we are suppose to work together to win.

Thirdkoopa

Administrator
Administrator
Writing Team
TBH Z25, if there is a busser, it might be confirmation bias speaking to me but I doubt it's you. You and I went after Seph in similar ways and both Seph and Moydow tried to bury both of us.

No further questions at this time. Feel free to ask anyone anything. I think the game will end by Day 4 at latest, but, I'm still putting my game face on for the rest of this. I have no intent for this to end in a whimper.

Dooplissity

BRoomer
BRoomer
i got to like page 10 before I got busy, I'm gonna try to catch up before bed tonight so I can at least give thoughts

town: tk, pokechu

scum: idk??? I was pretty sure fand was gonna flip red so I didn't want to spend hours reading up fully before he got shot (sorry not sorry)

honestly you should probably kill my slot, objectively speaking. maven looks really bad in the first 10 pages.

Thirdkoopa

Administrator
Administrator
Writing Team
OMGUS

I'd vote you but I want to wait until I get home and can make a wall first

This post isn't a good look
Actually, to add to questions on my list: Pokechu, why did you avoid coming in to at least say anything once Fandangox was killed? Considering you said you were going to do a wall on him, I find it strange that you just stopped.

I want everyone left to answer for themselves before day's end just in-case. Chu, Vult, and Shish.

Dooplissity

BRoomer
BRoomer
Skimmed. I'm not voting for z25 and I'd be PISSED if you guys let him die over the players who are doing nothing. Not because I think his content is great but because his behavior (mostly his claim to be frank) is totally "inexperienced-town" or whatever we're calling that nowadays. Plus he's voting with me so that's a plus.

Content-agnostic players to lynch before z25: Fire Emblemier, Moydow, J (obviously). The former two disappeared after I asked them to commit to a vote. interesting.jpg. I literally flew across the country and made sure everyone knew and still kept up well enough. These guys have no excuse :V I bet they're scared because I asked them to show their cards re: Sephiroth.

Sephiroth your reads list looks like a list of people who are voting for you and people who aren't. At least give me credit for trying to get these people to show their cards!! I don't see Nabe, your "solid town", putting in this kind of legwork.
this is like the third time I'e wished I could've been here to make a post, scrolled down, and seen Vult make it for me

at the end of D1, and I feel like I have reason to townread everyone but shishoe

Dooplissity

BRoomer
BRoomer
Why the hell would Mafia shoot an inactive?
Also, why are our PRs always the inactive ones? remember when God Robert's Cousin was the damn vig and he was barely active? And then he got lynched for it? Good times

Anyways, seems me and the others I talked to aren't the only ones who are suspicious of Maven

Vote: Maven

He's our safest option at the moment and I don't think many will disagree on this. I'll leave the reasoning to you guys, I'm kinda tired at the moment.
ok yeah it's shishoe

the first half of this post is super "look at me, I'm so town!"

and the second half is him justifying an early wagon hop onto maven without actually doing anything committal or attackable, like having to fabricate a read on maven.

D

Deleted member

Same question to Pokechu as it was to you. I know you were less considered town, but you started to disassociate. I can't even remember any plays in particular you've done or you even being around for the Moy push much (I know you were around more than Chu) - You answered my Soup question adequately at least.
A lot of stuff has gotten in the way from me fully being invested in the game, if it wasn't college during the week, it was my social life on the weekend, and I ended up feeling kinda unmotivated I guess.

Now I want you to riddle me this
Hmm... Seph seems genuinely trying to convince you in these, something he wouldn't need to do with a teammate.

Thirdkoopa Thirdkoopa Kantrip Kantrip what do you two think of these interactions?
Dayvig, shoot. I don't know if Giraffel hasn't been on yet (also plz don't announce yourself) but, if you haven't sent in a shot, do so now just in-case you don't live tonight.

We will if the game makes it to Day 4. I promise. as long as I'm alive
I asked you and Kantrip this, some 20 minutes later, you tell the Vig to shoot. Kantrip wasn't here so I can give him the benefit of the doubt for not responding, but you simply didn't respond to my post, why?

Dooplissity

BRoomer
BRoomer
ok so I'm current now. reads:

Town

Vult
Z25
------
TK
Poke
------
Kantrip
------
Shishoe

Scum

with bonus dividers to show you how I tier them. shishoe is C tier for, C, he's the last scum!

i'm off to bed, let me know what you want from me before you murder me. maven still looks really bad objectively and my current level of apathy is directly in line with what it would be if I were Scum subbing into a relatively hopeless game so I don't think there's a sensible world where we lynch elsewhere today.

Letting my slot live adds to the chaos of the game. Most importantly, there's no way you should let me live to end of lylo, the later you kill me the worse it is, and the sooner you kill this slot for maven's posts the sooner you can start death-sheeping mine.

Dooplissity

BRoomer
BRoomer
tl;dr talk to me before deadline hits under assumption I'm conftown. my flip either proves it or ends the game and either should be fine by y'all

Vult Redux

Smash Lord
NNID
Voluero
Doopliss you make good points about Shishoe... And as I hinted at before, I had "night talk" reasons for thinking Maven was town before you went into his slot.

I'm wondering if anyone else would consider flipping the vote. Thirdkoopa Thirdkoopa Pokechu Pokechu

D

Deleted member

Thirdkoopa, you still haven't responded to my post. I know you're there, why are you ignoring me?
I could consider. Let’s hear from shishoe though
It'd be a really stupid thing to do all things considered but it's not like it really matters at this point so take me away boys.

Vote: Shishœ

Thirdkoopa

Administrator
Administrator
Writing Team
Hmm... Seph seems genuinely trying to convince you in these, something he wouldn't need to do with a teammate.

Thirdkoopa Thirdkoopa Kantrip Kantrip what do you two think of these interactions?
Tunnel vision is one hell of a drug, unfortunately. Honestly, similar to Dooplissity, I thought that we were for sure done. Plus, I know it sounds lame, but I did pass out for an hour on the couch (about 6-7) from what’s suspected to be allergy.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Thirdkoopa, you still haven't responded to my post. I know you're there, why are you ignoring me?

It'd be a really stupid thing to do all things considered but it's not like it really matters at this point so take me away boys.

Hey I didn't say I would vote for you. I like hearing both sides to a story first. What's your thoughts at?

Vult Redux

Smash Lord
NNID
Voluero

??? If you're town wouldn't you want to not mislynch

D

Deleted member

Just end my life already if you guys want to lynch me. I know how these things go, not only is there not any point to me defending myself but the game's almost over, one mislynch won't hurt anyone.

Thirdkoopa

Administrator
Administrator
Writing Team
I wouldn't say that quite yet.

As much as Vult brings up some great points, we may be doing ourselves a favor getting rid of the wine with Dooplissity's slot. Also, even if we don't lynch Dooplissity, there's still other lynches that are on the table for me to consider.

Dooplissity

BRoomer
BRoomer
wait are both me and shishoe advocating for our own lynches wtf

I only did it because I think my predecessor's actions are damning and it's better to ml my slot now instead of lylo

Thirdkoopa

Administrator
Administrator
Writing Team
wait are both me and shishoe advocating for our own lynches wtf
yeah. I'm confused too.

it's better to ml my slot now instead of lylo
that's why I'm still more game for yours than Vult is. you living to LyLo (if you somehow managed to and this game goes up to LyLo) would be harder than three people that have made it since the beginning... to say the least.

still, your gambit leads me to believe more that you're town.

Vult Redux Vult Redux tier everyone else after dooplissity. if you're that sure on it, we'd need to agree soon and come to a reasonable conclusion.

giraffelasergun

Smash Lord
dooplisity: TK, Z25, Kant,
Shish: Shish

Not Voting: Vult, Doop, Pokechu

Deadline is in 115 minutes from this post.

Vult Redux

Smash Lord
NNID
Voluero
Yeah.... I don't really have the time to read back and make the best choice. I'm going to vote: Shishoe so that the votes are there in case everyone changes their minds last minute.

Shish acting weird out nowhere makes me concerned.

Dooplissity

BRoomer
BRoomer
Vote shish I guess

ill be in class until deadline, you all have my blessings to murder me

Kantrip

Kantplay
Not concerned with self votes or AtE. Shish is the scummiest person on the Seph lynch. I doubted a busser but if there is one Shish is my first bet.

Top Bottom