• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Pwnz0rz Pack 3.02 - On a break, but a few future changes posted.

NoAh MenQui

Smash Apprentice
Ah so that was it, lmao

I hope lightpresses dont bug me, veterans dont enjoy the lightpresses being off. I'll try that, thanks

Pwnz0rz Man

Smash Lord
3DS FC
1950-9089-5761
Updated the first post with an image of the current build's CSS and SSS. Hope everyone else likes how it turned out as much as I do.

Friesnchip

Smash Journeyman
Lovin' the pack, the new CSS/SSS is wonderful. Just wondering though, and this isn't a big deal, would it be too much trouble to have a version with the standard Brawl sound effects instead of Melee's? I don't really mind using Melee's but I've grown accustomed to the one's used in Brawl after playing P:M so much.

Again, if it isn't a pain to do; don't strain yourself for my preference that is surely in the minority here.

Pwnz0rz Man

Smash Lord
3DS FC
1950-9089-5761
Lovin' the pack, the new CSS/SSS is wonderful. Just wondering though, and this isn't a big deal, would it be too much trouble to have a version with the standard Brawl sound effects instead of Melee's? I don't really mind using Melee's but I've grown accustomed to the one's used in Brawl after playing P:M so much.

Again, if it isn't a pain to do; don't strain yourself for my preference that is surely in the minority here.
Thanks, it took me hours to piece it together, search through the files to recolor and commit to trial and error. I was really happy with the result, especially when I pieced that CSS together from the sprites instead of just recoloring a pre-existing one. Felt like I was putting part of myself into the project since it was something no one else had til I put it on here.

You only want the Brawl SFX? Not like the character voices changed or anything? Delete 07.bnk from the sfx folder. That will negatively affect all the Melee voice clips though, so you're better off deleting all of those except for 10.bnk and 45.bnk which are Pit and Sonic respectively. They're not reliant on the melee SFX to work so if you like them, you don't have to remove em.

Friesnchip

Smash Journeyman
Thanks, it took me hours to piece it together, search through the files to recolor and commit to trial and error. I was really happy with the result, especially when I pieced that CSS together from the sprites instead of just recoloring a pre-existing one. Felt like I was putting part of myself into the project since it was something no one else had til I put it on here.

You only want the Brawl SFX? Not like the character voices changed or anything? Delete 07.bnk from the sfx folder. That will negatively affect all the Melee voice clips though, so you're better off deleting all of those except for 10.bnk and 45.bnk which are Pit and Sonic respectively. They're not reliant on the melee SFX to work so if you like them, you don't have to remove em.
Sorry, I should have been more clear. I meant that I wanted a version with all the normal Brawl sounds, effects and voices intact. Although, this is still very useful information for future reference.

Pwnz0rz Man

Smash Lord
3DS FC
1950-9089-5761
Sorry, I should have been more clear. I meant that I wanted a version with all the normal Brawl sounds, effects and voices intact. Although, this is still very useful information for future reference.
I would love to do that, but I didn't make any of the voice clips myself. I wouldn't mind learning how to work with them, but for now Amazerommu knows his Melee stuff better than anyone else, I'd think. Could always make a request in his thread for Melee voices without sound effects. He plans to do Melee SFX with Brawl's voices later, I see no reason why he wouldn't be willing to do the opposite too.

I'll try to learn about the SFX Editting in the meantime, but as with anything new, it'll take a while to get down.

Friesnchip

Smash Journeyman
I would love to do that, but I didn't make any of the voice clips myself. I wouldn't mind learning how to work with them, but for now Amazerommu knows his Melee stuff better than anyone else, I'd think. Could always make a request in his thread for Melee voices without sound effects. He plans to do Melee SFX with Brawl's voices later, I see no reason why he wouldn't be willing to do the opposite too.

I'll try to learn about the SFX Editting in the meantime, but as with anything new, it'll take a while to get down.
Oh, you know, Melee SFX with Brawl voices actually sounds kind of nice. But anyway, again, perhaps I didn't state myself correctly. I meant I wanted vanilla Brawl everything sound wise (minus the music). While a Melee/Brawl sound hybrid is intriguing, I wouldn't ask for something so time consuming. You added the Melee sounds and voices, I'm looking for a version with the original Brawl sounds and voices.

Pwnz0rz Man

Smash Lord
3DS FC
1950-9089-5761
Oh, you know, Melee SFX with Brawl voices actually sounds kind of nice. But anyway, again, perhaps I didn't state myself correctly. I meant I wanted vanilla Brawl everything sound wise (minus the music). While a Melee/Brawl sound hybrid is intriguing, I wouldn't ask for something so time consuming. You added the Melee sounds and voices, I'm looking for a version with the original Brawl sounds and voices.
If all you want is the original Brawl voices and sounds, all you gotta do is delete the SFX folder completely. It won't adversely effect anything in the game if it's not there, since Project M doesn't naturally come with an SFX folder.. That will revert all sound effects to their standard Brawl outside of music/victory themes.

You'll have to forgive my confusion, it's late and I've almost been up 24 hours. I just can't bring myself to sleep yet.

Da Man

Smash Lord
NNID
Tendoman77
If all you want is the original Brawl voices and sounds, all you gotta do is delete the SFX folder completely. It won't adversely effect anything in the game if it's not there, since Project M doesn't naturally come with an SFX folder.. That will revert all sound effects to their standard Brawl outside of music/victory themes.

You'll have to forgive my confusion, it's late and I've almost been up 24 hours. I just can't bring myself to sleep yet.
Its more than the SFX folder, the sounds in game are quiet on some characters like Mario even after deleting the folder. For the record I'm using PM's original GTC and not the one in the pack. Maybe its something in the system folder too?

Pwnz0rz Man

Smash Lord
3DS FC
1950-9089-5761
Its more than the SFX folder, the sounds in game are quiet on some characters like Mario even after deleting the folder. For the record I'm using PM's original GTC and not the one in the pack. Maybe its something in the system folder too?
Oh snap. You're right. I forgot that some of the melee SFX came with .pac files for the characters. Lemme organize something for that.

I can't believe I forgot that, but then again, I was exhausted.

Pwnz0rz Man

Smash Lord
3DS FC
1950-9089-5761
Just extract the contents of Revert to Brawl folder to the core of your sd card. Make sure you delete the SFX Folder as well so there aren't any remnants of altered sounds.

Da Man

Smash Lord
NNID
Tendoman77

Pwnz0rz Man

Smash Lord
3DS FC
1950-9089-5761
Don't forget Sonic, his voice changed too. Might wanna check everything in case

Least slowly and surely we are getting a good number of alt packs at this rate, I congrat you for taking the time to do all of these to suit different PM players.
Sonic and Pit didn't have alternate .pac files so just removing their SFX will fix them. The Melee ones specifically did, which is why the sound for you was more muted for those characters.

Friesnchip

Smash Journeyman
I'm going to test the sounds in a bit, but to echo Da Man's statement, I do appreciate you making an effort to please everybody with the different versions of this pack.

Da Man

Smash Lord
NNID
Tendoman77
I'm going to test the sounds in a bit, but to echo Da Man's statement, I do appreciate you making an effort to please everybody with the different versions of this pack.
I tested already, the sounds are back to normal thank god. I personally prefer the brawl sounds to melee honestly, more omph in them.

Pwnz0rz Man

Smash Lord
3DS FC
1950-9089-5761
I tested already, the sounds are back to normal thank god. I personally prefer the brawl sounds to melee honestly, more omph in them.
I don't have a preference for the SFX of either, though I do like Mario's Melee voice more because it sounds like he's a little more excited about everything. It's like playing Super Mario 64 and going insane with rapid walljumps or triple jumps just to hear him go "WAH WOO YIPPEE" again. The Brawl voice on the other hand feels a little less excited, like he doesn't enjoy what he's doing. That's just my thoughts on it though. I don't really have a preference for Link, though I like his Melee voice purely because it's the voice of Joe Higashi from Fatal Fury/KOF. Makes me wish he had a tiger kick or a knee of his own.

Da Man

Smash Lord
NNID
Tendoman77
I don't have a preference for the SFX of either, though I do like Mario's Melee voice more because it sounds like he's a little more excited about everything. It's like playing Super Mario 64 and going insane with rapid walljumps or triple jumps just to hear him go "WAH WOO YIPPEE" again. The Brawl voice on the other hand feels a little less excited, like he doesn't enjoy what he's doing. That's just my thoughts on it though. I don't really have a preference for Link, though I like his Melee voice purely because it's the voice of Joe Higashi from Fatal Fury/KOF. Makes me wish he had a tiger kick or a knee of his own.
Sorry I meant those attacking sounds from most moves, but yeah there are a few melee voices I prefer over brawl myself too.

Game&Watcher

Smash Ace
NNID
GameAndWatcher96
One question, will you ever update your copy of RSBE to v1.2? It makes it so that it uses .sawnd files instead of .bnk files for greater flexibility.

Pwnz0rz Man

Smash Lord
3DS FC
1950-9089-5761
One question, will you ever update your copy of RSBE to v1.2? It makes it so that it uses .sawnd files instead of .bnk files for greater flexibility.
I wasn't even aware there was an alternate version of the RSBE. Possibly, depends which is smaller, Sawndz or Bnks.

EmLeingod

Smash Journeyman
NNID
EmLeingod
I like your character select screen a lot, but I use my own stages and music. Any chance I can get just the CSS?

squeakyboots13

Smash Journeyman
I like your character select screen a lot, but I use my own stages and music. Any chance I can get just the CSS?
Open the Common5 file in Brawl Box, export sc_selcharacter_en.pac to a separate file, and replace the one in your Common5 file with it.

Pwnz0rz Man

Smash Lord
3DS FC
1950-9089-5761

Scarflame

Smash Rookie
Ok, so I have a couple issues that maybe you can help me out with. My sd card wasn't big enough for the whole thing so what I did was grab every folders contents and dragged them onto my sd's folders (fighter/stages etc...) and for some reason when I go to the character select screen nothings changed. The textures are there, but the csp's still show our old texture hacks and not yours.

Pwnz0rz Man

Smash Lord
3DS FC
1950-9089-5761
Ok, so I have a couple issues that maybe you can help me out with. My sd card wasn't big enough for the whole thing so what I did was grab every folders contents and dragged them onto my sd's folders (fighter/stages etc...) and for some reason when I go to the character select screen nothings changed. The textures are there, but the csp's still show our old texture hacks and not yours.
Delete your System folder and replace it with the one from my pack. It must not be getting replaced.

NoAh MenQui

Smash Apprentice
Now that Project M is going to be released soon, what should we do to keep what you have now eve with Project M's patch?

Once I update from your content to the Project M 3.0, what will I loose? What sound effects or even music titles?

Pwnz0rz Man

Smash Lord
3DS FC
1950-9089-5761
Now that Project M is going to be released soon, what should we do to keep what you have now eve with Project M's patch?

Once I update from your content to the Project M 3.0, what will I loose? What sound effects or even music titles?
I'm not sure as to what will work and what will not once the new version drops. I will be releasing a version with everything updated sometime soon after the 3.0 drop. In fact, I'm already prepping things in advance for it based upon what I do know. Because the PMBR could surprise me with changes to the files, I'm unsure what to tell you outside of that.

NoAh MenQui

Smash Apprentice
Knowing now you areworking on stuff since now makes me.really happy!

Cant wait to download your file hehe, love custumizecontent, makes game less brawl for me and lets me play it with the music and even your stage choice fits in very much for me.

Looking forward for Project M and also you next patch.

I just hope it doesn't go over 2g of space lol

Pwnz0rz Man

Smash Lord
3DS FC
1950-9089-5761
Knowing now you areworking on stuff since now makes me.really happy!

Cant wait to download your file hehe, love custumizecontent, makes game less brawl for me and lets me play it with the music and even your stage choice fits in very much for me.

Looking forward for Project M and also you next patch.

I just hope it doesn't go over 2g of space lol
I don't foresee the new version being that much bigger than it is now. The biggest difference in size between this one and that will probably be the updated textures for the new characters as well as the inclusion of Roy/Mewtwo. I wouldn't be surprised if the size evens out, since I've altered the music in my pack since the last update to free up more space and thanks to them upgrading SSE: Jungle into a Pikmin stage, I can free up Distant Planet for something else. In any case, it's an evolving piece of work and I'm enjoying how it's looking for the patch, I hope everyone else likes it as much as me.

I put together an updated victory themes pack with the new character's themes added in, as well as a new win theme for Snake. I may as well upload it now in case people wanna check it out.

Damn, it finished uploading whilst I was typing this up. I'll put it up on the main post.

Pwnz0rz Man

Smash Lord
3DS FC
1950-9089-5761
if I apply the 3.0 victory themes now, will it work?
They'll work for the characters that you have in the game already, but you won't be able to hear the ones not belonging to characters specifically from 3.0. The only difference currently between this one and the previous one, asides from the new characters is that this one also has a custom theme for Snake. Back when I made the first pack, I didn't remember the correct theme I wanted, so I left him with the standard Brawl victory theme.

If you have the ability to listen to BRSTM files on their own though, give Z05, Z16, Z25, and Z46 a listen.

GreenMunchkin

Smash Apprentice
I just want you to know how phenomenal this pack is. I understand PM has to stay on good legal terms, but you have no idea how good it felt being able to play as Rosalina, or any of the other awesome alt costumes. Thank you very much for this, and I really hope you continue to update it for 3.0 chars. Peace out!
- GreenMunchkin

Pwnz0rz Man

Smash Lord
3DS FC
1950-9089-5761
I just want you to know how phenomenal this pack is. I understand PM has to stay on good legal terms, but you have no idea how good it felt being able to play as Rosalina, or any of the other awesome alt costumes. Thank you very much for this, and I really hope you continue to update it for 3.0 chars. Peace out!
- GreenMunchkin
Thank you. I honestly wasn't sure if I wanted to keep Rosalina or not, but I figured that she was similar enough to Peach, along with the more accurate Daisy texture that she deserved to stay. I will continue to update it for 3.0, I've already done a lot of changing things in anticipation for the release, and so far I like what I've got to work with so far.

NoAh MenQui

Smash Apprentice
Something that bugged me...

I played with some friends and we went to random stage menu to turn off some stages and, the icons were PM defaults...

None of your sages reflect on there so it brought confusion when trying to turn off alot of stages, please fix this for V3.0, cause I am in love with this pack

Pwnz0rz Man

Smash Lord
3DS FC
1950-9089-5761
Something that bugged me...

I played with some friends and we went to random stage menu to turn off some stages and, the icons were PM defaults...

None of your sages reflect on there so it brought confusion when trying to turn off alot of stages, please fix this for V3.0, cause I am in love with this pack
I will fix that as soon as I can get some pictures to match it. So far I just haven't found any yet, but I plan to.

Top Bottom