• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

PWG - LBT2 Unity! *PRE-REG. CLOSED* TOMORROW! Ally+Swordgard+Holy

Status
Not open for further replies.

Iliad

Smash Lord
well good nature would want me to think that it was unintentional during the scramble of 'if you're not in a match, grab your gear and leave', and that someone will see today what they are +1 Wii and say something. In the brawl community, I'd guess that most/all would already have their own Wii to train for Brawl, and the SF4 and melee players have a super high probability to own one too :S
No, the wii was reported missing/stolen long before that announcement.

*edit* And honestly, that's wishful thinking. Anyone who brought a wii would know which one was theirs. Secondly, anyone who didn't bring a wii wouldn't bring a wii back home with them.

It was one of those randoms we've never seen at tourney before, had to be. I can't think of another person within the community who was there, who we know, that would thief from one another or even thief at all.

Riddlebox

Smash Journeyman
Yeah it was reported stolen before vbrawl singles were concluded. Security and Joe were looking around for it in a scramble and they had security contacting each other to check every brawler that left after a certain point, to see if they carried extra wiis lol.

Iliad

Smash Lord
They even shook down Kuenzel lmao. Some big jacked mother****er was like "Let me see that bag sir" and Chris was like "Dude, I wouldn't take Joe's wii, i know him." and the guy just glared and searched the **** out of that bag like Kuenzel was a terrorist.

Riddlebox

Smash Journeyman
They even shook down Kuenzel lmao. Some big jacked mother****er was like "Let me see that bag sir" and Chris was like "Dude, I wouldn't take Joe's wii, i know him." and the guy just glared and searched the **** out of that bag like Kuenzel was a terrorist."

lmao oh jeez. Well hopefully it was just a mistake, like say someone from the same car grabbed and loaded Joe's wii thinking it was their buddies or what not. I'd hate to see the community get punished as a whole for something like this...

Iliad

Smash Lord
lmao oh jeez. Well hopefully it was just a mistake, like say someone from the same car grabbed and loaded Joe's wii thinking it was their buddies or what not. I'd hate to see the community get punished as a whole for something like this...
I don't give a **** about higher venue fees, I just don't want Joe dropping out of the scene because of this. I know he's been ancy about even playing at tourneys, this is the kind of **** that breaks the camels back.

Riddlebox

Smash Journeyman
Oh, well of course man. Honestly I wasn't looking towards a "don't make a deal out of this" gesture...Was more of a, "People, think before you act." Joe seemed really friendly to me, so I really do hope it bodes over in his favor...it's just ridiculous that this be a necessary topic when it comes to everyone in the community. People like Joe and yourself make it very pleasing to attend...then this **** happens and we potentially lose good people who are tired of the ****.

annsy

Smash Cadet
They even shook down Kuenzel lmao. Some big jacked mother****er was like "Let me see that bag sir" and Chris was like "Dude, I wouldn't take Joe's wii, i know him." and the guy just glared and searched the **** out of that bag like Kuenzel was a terrorist.
ya I saw that...did they go through all the bags? I wouldn't want people searching my gear without telling me ya know cause that sounds sketch.

I don't give a **** about higher venue fees, I just don't want Joe dropping out of the scene because of this. I know he's been ancy about even playing at tourneys, this is the kind of **** that breaks the camels back.
yeah I hope this doesn't dampen his brawl enthousiasm, or other peoples'. I know this tourney was the first I brought a console to (didn't get used #tv < #consoles) and I was cautious, but labeling apparently isn't enuf :'(. Anyone know what % of people were unknowns?

Iliad

Smash Lord
yeah but 5ive you're asian, atleast Distructo can drive.

A lot of things were done wrong at this tourney, like for example, not letting KingAce and Mikey make the brackets. But most importantly.

The pools. WTF. They should not have been so ****ed up. There were some death pools that possibly changed the outcome of the tourney.

5ive

Smash Champion

A lot of things were done wrong at this tourney, like for example, not letting KingAce and Mikey make the brackets. But most importantly.

The pools. WTF. They should not have been so ****ed up. There were some death pools that possibly changed the outcome of the tourney.
reery i think you wong

btw omg stop stealing guys ;_;.

F1ZZ

Smash Lord

Ya like poor FiZZ who kind of stopped playing Brawl for Brawl+ got put into a death pool. :mad:

Also sorry to here about Joe's Wii, I feel as if there should be a rule of no no-names coming. lol

JustNoOne

Smash Lord
Keys. Power adapter and Wiimote. And Fool's Wii.

We really need to increase security and the protection of equipment of people decide to bring them to tourneys; for future tourneys, we need to check every single bag that leaves the venue and just only have one exit so people won't try and escape the venue with some valuables.

F1ZZ

Smash Lord
Keys. Power adapter and Wiimote. And Fool's Wii.

We really need to increase security protection; for future tourneys, we need to check every single bag that leaves the venue and just only have one exit so people won't try and escape the venue with some valuables.
You should be security.

SilverDoc~

Smash Lord
Ima try to host a tourney, venue fee will be 15 bucks, 5 bucks of venue fee + 10 % of every pot goes to joe so he can buy a wii, if he ends up finding it and has 2 wiis, 1 of the wiis will be a tournament wii.

edit: someone help me search for a venue

JustNoOne

Smash Lord
Ima try to host a tourney, venue fee will be 15 bucks, 5 bucks of venue fee + 10 % of every pot goes to joe so he can buy a wii, if he ends up finding it and has 2 wiis, 1 of the wiis will be a tournament wii.
I'll join this for sure.

Family needs help, family comes and helps.

kuenzel

Smash Ace
Yeah lol I felt nervous cause my Wii was in there and I didn't want him accusing me of stealing Joe's.

Iliad

Smash Lord
OH YEAH! AND VERY IMPORTANT!

JerkOwnz?

You're a fucking faggot. I can't believe you'd claim Jaske was DQed to Jeremy when he spoke to the staff and we grabbed him to play his matches.

Secondly, you're an even bigger fucking faggot for lying about your pool results to try and say you beat Jaske and other people you didn't beat. And Dimmy you're a champ for calling him on that BS and telling the TOs with jaske that he lied.

You're not welcome at any tournament I run, EVER.

Ballistics

Smash Champion
I forgot that there was internet at the venue. I even asked someone about the live stream sometime in the day. **** i coulda set up a half *** live stream. I at least got matches recorded though.

-_-

fail.

My recording would stop at 4GB and I have to start a new recording, so I missed some stuff between, but I should have (off the top of my head):

Raynex Unknown vs I.B Afro
Sauce3/Chester/Afro/Ally (too good) pools?
Afro vs Europhoria or was it I.B?

If anyone knows what TV I am talking about then post some matches you think were recorded, I will look through it.
Ah so you are the melee streamer, my name is Derek. Please subscribe to my thread and host a livestream for melee in the future!

Melee Tournament Livestreams: http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=249284

SilverDoc~

Smash Lord
OH YEAH! AND VERY IMPORTANT!

JerkOwnz?

You're a fucking faggot. I can't believe you'd claim Jaske was DQed to Jeremy when he spoke to the staff and we grabbed him to play his matches.

Secondly, you're an even bigger fucking faggot for lying about your pool results to try and say you beat Jaske and other people you didn't beat. And Dimmy you're a champ for calling him on that BS and telling the TOs with jaske that he lied.

You're not welcome at any tournament I run, EVER.
The tiny unjacked cruxis guy? Wow, I second that, you are not welcome to any tournament I ever run you blasted idiot, your true colours have come out in the open.

F1ZZ

Smash Lord
Expect Brawl+ videos put by sometime this week.

Edit: Did this Jerk guy use Diddy, if so he was in my pool I think. Dimmy is a hero for calling him out.

JustNoOne

Smash Lord
So wait... if he didnt' beat Jaske or others... that means I was supposed to be in the brackets...

k

Iliad

Smash Lord
That would be correct jamie

@ fizz, yeah that was him

*edit*

HolyNightmare, Jasuke, Dimmy, JerkOwnz, Fizzi, JustNoOne, and two others who i can't recall.

That was the pool. Jerk somehow made brackets, which is highly unlikely, as I don't see him beating anyone other than the two randos in your pool.

.Marik

is a social misfit
Ugh, fuck my life.

Some Pools were easy as hell, and others were insane.

This was a great tournament, I really don't like vBrawl anymore though.

Expect Brawl+ videos put by sometime this week.
Awesome.

You too 5ive!

Zaf, we recorded some friendlies and tournament matches on your Wii. Could you upload them?

Thanks.

So wait... if he didnt' beat Jaske or others... that means I was supposed to be in the brackets...

k
That's a fucking shame...

Your Luigi is so good now. Keep it up.

I can't believe Fool's Wii got jacked.

Anyways, Brawl+ with GTA and Montreal was my favourite part of this tournament.

It was a blast hanging out with you guys. Please come to Ontario again soon.

Jer, I love you, yet hate you at the same time. Your Jigglypuff is as broken as Mango's.

You're hilarious lol. <3

Results thread needs to be made.

Mikey7

Smash Lord

edit: someone help me search for a venue
pro-wg should be able to buy a new wii for fool! 150 people x 10 venue = DEF more than this venue costed

idea

Smash Master
fun tournament! but i don't feel like shoutouts =P

i got dq'd to loser's for holding up brackets (why didn't you let me get that food to go, ikea?) and i still got 7th. and i ALMOST got 5th. so i'm pretty happy with that :bee:

Eric, why didn't you win?
he was playing a bit off. well, probably the most off of the three. i dunno. great sets, though. wait till you see loser's finals on youtube. it will...surprise you.

edit: who keeps stealing all the wiis? seems like every tourney i go to that's half melee half brawl, someone's wii gets stolen.

is there some guy out there with like 30 wiis? maybe he fills up his pool with wiis and goes swimming in nintendo products.

LetsBrawlToronto

Smash Apprentice
pro-wg should be able to buy a new wii for fool! 150 people x 10 venue = DEF more than this venue costed
Everyone would appreciate it if people didn't talk about what they don't know about =)

I'd like to thank Infzy and Annsy for working the live stream, I love you guys!

We ran 4 different at this tournament. 3 of those 4 games had doubles as well.
I think it was a success. I will always say there is room for improvement, but it was a success.
Next event will definitely have some major changes done.
For example: We are gonna try to purchase a large amount of TV's. So no one has to bring TV's, and Only bring wii's.
Also, we are gonna start investing in locks. Locks that will prevent a wii from being separated from it's TV.

I'm truly sorry about what happened to Fools Wii. I had all the security guards scour through the entire venue and shake people down, everyone down! It was a priority to find his Wii, but it must have been long gone by the time we started looking.

You need to understand that we can't keep an eye on every wii at all times. I hate to say that, cause you are doing everyone a favor by bringing setups. But it's almost impossible. I'm so sorry. I just never expected anyone to actually STEAL anyone's Wii. But I guarantee next year, Wii's will be chained to the TV's. There are special locks that are made exactly for that. I lost a few things myself... To help with all this even more, we will do payed pre-registration next year. That way, randoms are less likely to show up, since there will be no registration at the door.

I'm working on uploading the results thread now.
Thank to all who came, I hope you enjoyed the tournament. Every year we learn more and more, and it's only getting better.

Phiddlesticks

Smash Lord
@Iliad: I just unpacked my schoolbag before making this post (pretty much just crashed when I got home last night) and there is only the Wiimote that I brought to the tournament :(

@Death Pools: I know for sure there was another death pool too, because after my pool was finished I just started watching it afterwards. It had like KingAce/Carter/Raidos/Tippr/Ham n Eggs plus 4 other people I can't remember. Wasn't another pool TO Joe/Mikey/KingKong/a couple other good players too? And then there was my pool, which was me/Kuenzel/Swordgard/Troll/4 other new players aka the easiest pool in the tournament :/

@Doc's tournament idea: I would enter for sure. Nobody deserves to get their Wii stolen

swordgard

Smash Hero
I'm gonna scan the $2280 receipt.
Heard you talk to jaske about the fee for the tourney and I was going O.O. TBH if anyone is to blame as to why this tourney didn't end faster its people for not bringing more wiis/tvs, but its hard when you get incidents like these happen.

Still, before I do any other shootouts, I would really like to thank the LBT host, you guys were awesome. Not everything was 100% perfect, but considering they had to run 4 games with so many little setups, I think they did a fantastic job.

Thanks for this awesome tournament.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom