• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Puzzle League/Panel De Pon General (Former SSB4 Lip Support Thread)

Kapus

Smash Ace
NNID
Kaplus4
3DS FC
3626-0411-0921
I like the detailed Flower Staff, but otherwise I don't really care for the design much.

Neatly drawn though.

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
Oh yeah, here's a picture I've found with a more older and detailed looking Lip. Sort of reminds me of the concept behind Pit's redesign. Also it reminds me of a fighting game character.

If they transfer the details while keeping her PDP size and age, it would be great.
She looks too old in this one.

~ Valkyrie ~

Holy Maiden Warrior
Premium
NNID
IndyGo98
3DS FC
2793-0906-0731
Switch FC
SW-7670-7999-3483
*Holds L-button*

Sooooooooooooo guys.

Smash Bros Direct during Tue-Wednesday.

Could Lip have potential time to be shown in some form?

Itty Bit

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Itty Bit♪
3DS FC
2878-9679-6999
I'm gonna guess were gonna get a handful of new characters come Direct time, since we haven't had any reveals in well over a month!

I'm just gonna cross my arms for Lip to be one of them, though it kinda feels like hoping for a miracle... Oooh man will I be excited though if she makes it in!

Last edited:

HatsuneMiku

Smash Apprentice
How many retro characters do you guys think we'll get? Not saying i believe in patterns but, so far we've had 2 Retro character additions in each Smash. (Melee got Ice Climbers and G&W, Brawl got Pit and R.O.B)

Lip and Takamaru are my ideal Retro newcomers :D

Pacack

Super Pac-Fan
NNID
Pacack
3DS FC
0688-5284-6845
How many retro characters do you guys think we'll get? Not saying i believe in patterns but, so far we've had 2 Retro character additions in each Smash. (Melee got Ice Climbers and G&W, Brawl got Pit and R.O.B)

Lip and Takamaru are my ideal Retro newcomers :D
I count Mr. Game and Watch and R.O.B. as historical characters myself, so I'm only expecting one retro.

And, for as much as I like Lip, I prefer Takamaru.

HatsuneMiku

Smash Apprentice
Meh, I don't really count Lip as retro anymore, but to answer the question, I'm betting 3.
Because she appeared in Captain Rainbow? :p

I count Mr. Game and Watch and R.O.B. as historical characters myself, so I'm only expecting one retro.

And, for as much as I like Lip, I prefer Takamaru.
Sakurai has stated that he does want more retro characters to make it in this time, though.

Pacack

Super Pac-Fan
NNID
Pacack
3DS FC
0688-5284-6845
Sakurai has stated that he does want more retro characters to make it in this time, though.
Actually, that's just a misinterpretation of what he said (from what I understand). He said he enjoys being in the unique position of being able to revive characters through Smash Bros., but that was all.

Last edited:

RouffWestie

Smash Lord
I used to think Lip had no alternate costume possibilities. But then I had an epiphany.

Tell me this wouldn't be perfect.

Oh and I don't consider her retro either.

Last edited:

Kapus

Smash Ace
NNID
Kaplus4
3DS FC
3626-0411-0921
I doubt Lip would be revealed at the direct, as she's not much of a hype builder as a character. Still guessing on secret unlockable, if anything.

I used to think Lip had no alternate costume possibilities.
Her alternate costumes would obviously be based on her fairy companions.

DustyPumpkin

Smash Lord
NNID
DustyPumpkin
3DS FC
4038-5990-1614
Switch FC
0550-6678-6601
Oh yeah, here's a picture I've found with a more older and detailed looking Lip. Sort of reminds me of the concept behind Pit's redesign. Also it reminds me of a fighting game character.

Needs more Pointy ears

Itty Bit

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Itty Bit♪
3DS FC
2878-9679-6999
Wait, why is everybody suspecting Takamaru to be a character over Lip? Did I miss something? o.o

~ Valkyrie ~

Holy Maiden Warrior
Premium
NNID
IndyGo98
3DS FC
2793-0906-0731
Switch FC
SW-7670-7999-3483
How it'd be like if we got fooled by someone picking up a Lip's Stick (with an emphasized moment dedicated to it) - only to see Lip behind him/her and drop a large garbage block on the opponent.

"Lip joins the league!"

On Takamaru, I also regard him with much higher chances than Lip - to the point that seeing both in this installment is rather low in my opinion.

Last edited:

tirkaro

Smash Champion
Now I know this is usually the point in time where all the character topics get bumped under some delusional and myopic idea that their character of choice will totally be top priority to be shown at the hottest new event, but I just wanna say that I love you guys. And Lip is totally ballin' too. Not saying it's very likely for her to be revealed on Tuesday, but y'know, it'd be nice. Real nice. Please.

WalkOnARainbow

Smash Cadet
Hi, I just wanted to say I've been following this topic for a while, because I really love Lip and would really like to see her in Smash Bros. But I didn't make an account yet for various reasons. One of them being that I couldn't quite decide on a username. I actually forgot one of the ones I liked more, I should have wrote it down. I hope I remember it again. Anyway, I decided to go ahead and join. I really wanted to show my support.

I went ahead and settled on a username related to Panel de Pon. It may not be the perfect username for here, but it's good enough. I really love the Walk on a Rainbow song. And I love the ending to Panel de Pon.

Anyway, I just wanted to come in to say that I'm really excited for the idea of Lip being in Smash Bros. I'm a big fan of Panel de Pon and Magical Girls in general. Lip has always been one of my favourite Nintendo characters and I'm sad that she hasn't gotten more representation. Even in her own game series her world and characters aren't as common as I would like them to be. Not only is the gameplay of Panel de Pon really fun. But I love the world and the characters. I think it would be really well suited for lots of different genres, like Japanese RPGs. Yoshi is great, but I'm really sad that Panel de Pon never got an official American or European release.

It would make me so so happy to her or any of the other characters again. And being in Smash Bros. would be so great.
It's nice to meet you all. And I also really hope that Lip gets to be in Smash Bros. If not this time, maybe someday.

~ Valkyrie ~

Holy Maiden Warrior
Premium
NNID
IndyGo98
3DS FC
2793-0906-0731
Switch FC
SW-7670-7999-3483
Nice to meet ya Rainbow! I'm agree wholeheartedly with everything you said.

For that also, I hope you joined us in a miraculously fateful time, in case we're being surprised by Lip appearing in the Direct.

Last edited:

RouffWestie

Smash Lord
Nah, I can hope for her reveal today, but I say it isn't happening. With Nazo no murmase eat at Joe's Anniversary, Fire Emblem Awakening's Anniversary, and the Xenoblade tweet, April looks to be the month for a highly-requested sword fighter. Maybe even all three at once.

At least we might get a stage reveal for her.

Kapus

Smash Ace
NNID
Kaplus4
3DS FC
3626-0411-0921
No Lip's Stick shown, no Takamaru. We're still pretty safe.

Also, a hearty welcome to our newest supporter. Always happy to see passionate fans!

N. Onymous

Smash Champion
NNID
Midnuh
Switch FC
SW-5043-4045-6926
It could have been a random event or a new item causing it.

On another note, there's only one "leak" (using that term lightly here...) I can name off the top of my head that correctly predicted the Master Ball item, and it mentioned a female newcomer that used puzzle implements to attack... food for thought!

Last edited:

RouffWestie

Smash Lord
It could have been a random event or a new item causing it.

On another note, there's only one "leak" (using that term lightly here...) I can name off the top of my head that correctly predicted the Master Ball item, and it mentioned a female newcomer that used puzzle implements to attack... food for thought!
Gaeoz Hero?

N. Onymous

Smash Champion
NNID
Midnuh
Switch FC
SW-5043-4045-6926
Gaeoz Hero?
Yep that's the one. Most of us considered it dead after "Ms. Tetris" wasn't revealed in February, but a Master Ball is a pretty ballsy and non-safe thing to predict. I'll be keeping my eye on that one for sure!

N. Onymous

Smash Champion
NNID
Midnuh
Switch FC
SW-5043-4045-6926
While no Lip's Stick (that we know of) is a major boon for Lip's chances, the flower "status effect" is still around as we saw in the trailer. Maybe another item doles it out this time around?

Kapus

Smash Ace
NNID
Kaplus4
3DS FC
3626-0411-0921
Like I mentioned earlier, Takamaru being in doesn't mean Lip can't get in. There is nothing that states neither can be on the same roster.
I know. I just feel that Takamaru would take the role of the token retro character that Lip would, lowering her chances a bit. Of course, nothing else states that there can't be two token retro characters either (both Melee and Brawl had about two). I'm just a pessimist I guess.

While no Lip's Stick (that we know of) is a major boon for Lip's chances, the flower "status effect" is still around as we saw in the trailer. Maybe another item doles it out this time around?
A few pokemon and assist trophies also give the flower affect.

~ Valkyrie ~

Holy Maiden Warrior
Premium
NNID
IndyGo98
3DS FC
2793-0906-0731
Switch FC
SW-7670-7999-3483
Returning items weren't shown however... Lip however wasn't shown as an Assist either. Interesting.

Still folks. Lip-supporters gonna stay alive, stay alive.

Greninja seems to also have made me lose faith on Takamaru being in... and looks million times more awesome than Takamaru could have ever been.

Last edited:

N. Onymous

Smash Champion
NNID
Midnuh
Switch FC
SW-5043-4045-6926
We did actually get a glimpse of the Fire Flower, it was in the "For Fun" mode icon.

~ Valkyrie ~

Holy Maiden Warrior
Premium
NNID
IndyGo98
3DS FC
2793-0906-0731
Switch FC
SW-7670-7999-3483
We did actually get a glimpse of the Fire Flower, itwas yhe "For Fun" mode icon.
My point is though that they haven't shown some items yet from last Smashes aside from "original" items and some Mario-items + Pokeballs. So Lip's hanging on a thread now. Either referenced by her wand again... or Playable.

Last edited:
Top Bottom