• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Puzzle League/Panel De Pon General (Former SSB4 Lip Support Thread)

N. Onymous

Smash Champion
NNID
Midnuh
Switch FC
SW-5043-4045-6926
While still entirely unenthused at what is evidently a third-party character I didn't want playable at all being chosen over a first-party one I did, I understand where you're coming from. "Stolen slot" is a bit of a harsh thing to say, in retrospect.

Again though, the Ms. Tetris thing is still up in the air. Anything is possible!

Last edited:

Sinn

Smash Lord
Apparently I've been out of the loop for a couple of months and this whole Ms. Tetris thing seems strange to me. I don't really put much faith in leaked info, but only time will tell.

Also, I agree that the inclusion of Lip's Stick doesn't really rule her out in my mind. Still think she's kind of a long shot, but no less likely than she was before.

N. Onymous

Smash Champion
NNID
Midnuh
Switch FC
SW-5043-4045-6926
Maybe a down-B move that spawns a Lip Stick is in order, like Diddy Kong with banana peels.

Take that awesome moveset from page 17, make Garbage Block her neutral-B, make Lip Stick her down-B. Boom! Fixed.

Last edited:

DustyPumpkin

Smash Lord
NNID
DustyPumpkin
3DS FC
4038-5990-1614
Switch FC
0550-6678-6601
Geeze you lot give up hope pretty quickly

N. Onymous

Smash Champion
NNID
Midnuh
Switch FC
SW-5043-4045-6926
I didn't. It was a blow to my enthusiasm, yes, but I still have hope for a playable Lip.'

As you can probably tell from the fact that I'm like every other post now...

Last edited:

bksbestbwoy

Smash Lord
NNID
AzureJay89
3DS FC
4828-5479-7054
Switch FC
2162-7423-7143
Dunno about giving up hope honestly. I got MORE excited after seeing the Ms. Tetris leak in full. The more I think about it, the more I kinda believe that SSB4 is going to have a surprisingly big roster, even if a lot of big names are going to be contested right up until its release.

AEMehr

Mii Fighter
Well I feel that it's pretty justified, Lip's Stick would be her main form of attacking. The Home-Run bat is used for Ness' Side Smash alone (it also looks different now), the Screw Attack is Samus' Up Special alone, Banana Peels are used for Diddy's Down Speical alone, the Wii Fit Volleyball is used for Wii Fit Trainers' Side Special alone (with a Soccer ball item already existing).
If Lip's Stick could have been like only one of Lip's moves, things would be different. But pretty much every normal attack would have to be performed by it, so she's probably not making it this time.

But I will concede that dual wield Lip's Stick would be pretty awesome.

Last edited:

tirkaro

Smash Champion
It's a bit much to say I've "lost hope," but I've been feeling a whole lot less confident over her inclusion. I'm personally not getting my hopes up, which is a shame, as Lip is probably my last viable newcomer that I particularly want after the rest hit the deconfirmed/increasingly unlikely train.

I don't think it's impossible for Lip and Lip's stick to be exclusive, as Lip's stick is a pretty major mainstay item with its own status effect, and it'd honestly be pretty silly for the devs to remove it just because Lip herself is playable. (And besides, you can have multiple sticks on the stage, so it's not like it's this super-important exclusive item.) That said, Lip herself has been acknowleged a distressingly little amount, and it's not like it's that hard to just change the design of Lip's Stick to be more distinctive from the kind Lip uses, so I'm still kinda iffy all around.

Sinn

Smash Lord
Well I feel that it's pretty justified, Lip's Stick would be her main form of attacking. The Home-Run bat is used for Ness' Side Smash alone...If Lip's Stick could have been like only one of Lip's moves, things would be different. But pretty much every normal attack would have to be performed by it, so she's probably not making it this time.
But why exactly is that? Like...prior to Ness having a moveset, I think it would be pretty easy to assume that more than just his side smash would involve his bat.

I dunno, I guess I still don't see it being so big a deal.

N. Onymous

Smash Champion
NNID
Midnuh
Switch FC
SW-5043-4045-6926
Discounting Lip because Lip's Stick is still an item is kind of foolish imo. All it means is that she has to get a bit more physical (plus they could, again, always give her an item-spawning move like they did with Diddy). None of us will know for sure whether or not she's in until the final roster is revealed anyway.

Maybe I could throw together another move set for her to regain some lost hype.

Last edited:

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
Why are people taking this "Ms. Tetris" leak seriously?

AEMehr

Mii Fighter
But why exactly is that? Like...prior to Ness having a moveset, I think it would be pretty easy to assume that more than just his side smash would involve his bat.

I dunno, I guess I still don't see it being so big a deal.
Discounting Lip because Lip's Stick is still an item is kind of foolish imo. All it means is that she has to get a bit more physical (plus they could, again, always give her an item-spawning move like they did with Diddy). None of us will know for sure whether or not she's in until the final roster is revealed anyway.

Maybe I could throw together another move set for her to regain some lost hype.
To be fair, Ness would probably have been thought to use is PK abilities more than a bat, in my opinion anyways.
He's more well known for being a Psychic than he is for being a fan of bats. Lip is always officially depicted with her Wand in hand. It would make no sense for her to not be holding it the entire time she's out in a battlefield, it's her main source of power.

Lip being more physical sort of contradicts her design a bit I'd say, but I am not opposed to it. It just doesn't really seem to fit what I had imagined her to be like. Also, it makes no sense for her to spawn Flower Wands for no reason. That literally is grasping at straws, which highly disappoints me.

Lip was slowly becoming my most wanted Retro Character, and right when it happened she essentially becomes deconfirmed. While I am very disappointed for this happening, I am still thankful she is being remembered. Her Captain Rainbow trophy is something to be happy to expect, maybe Sakurai will hint at her return as he did for Pit in Melee?

N. Onymous

Smash Champion
NNID
Midnuh
Switch FC
SW-5043-4045-6926
Also, it makes no sense for her to spawn Flower Wands for no reason. That literally is grasping at straws, which highly disappoints me.
It makes no sense for her to be able to summon her primary weapon at will (possibly with some limitations)?

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
Looks like Lip's disconfirmed. Ah well, it was enjoyable being here.

But... what's this Ms. Tetris thing? A leak, I presume?

AEMehr

Mii Fighter
It makes no sense for her to be able to summon her primary weapon at will (possibly with some limitations)?
Her primary weapon would be in her hand, she wouldn't create other wands for others to use against her. It makes no sense.

N. Onymous

Smash Champion
NNID
Midnuh
Switch FC
SW-5043-4045-6926
What's this Ms. Tetris thing? A leak, I presume?
A leak that also predicted?/guessed?/whichever the Master Ball - not the easiest item to predict in the world. The leaker could have easily ended up with egg on his face, but just about everything in it seems to be true in some way, shape, or form so far. That same leak also mentioned a female puzzle game-themed newcomer, which was referred to as "Ms. Tetris" but who I have a hunch is someone else...

I'm not giving up on little Lip until I know for a fact she isn't playable. It'll take more than just the confirmation of her wand as an item to put me off.

she wouldn't create other wands for others to use against her. It makes no sense.
The way I see it, it would appear in her hand when the down-B is executed. Lip would be the only one to benefit at first (others could knock it out of her grasp or steal it however they choose, if they wanted to).

Loïc

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
2964-9447-9337
Aw man, just when I had sketched up some more Lip art too...oh well. I suppose her chances were quite low in the first place, right? Hahaha. Perhaps it's too early to give up? The GaezHero leak or whatever did predict the master ball, Diddy's return, and Lip's item returning but...those were obvious guesses (aside from the master ball I guess). Until proven otherwise, I've given up hope for Lip being playable. At least it was fun in the long run!

N. Onymous

Smash Champion
NNID
Midnuh
Switch FC
SW-5043-4045-6926
"Perhaps it's too early to give up, but I'm giving up anyway."

?

~ Valkyrie ~

Holy Maiden Warrior
Premium
NNID
IndyGo98
3DS FC
2793-0906-0731
Switch FC
SW-7670-7999-3483
The thread title makes me think Young Horsetail is grasping at straws.
After thinking it through, you're right. *Changes OP for final time*

Well, it was a good run with you all and I'm amazed by the sheer dedication you gave for this character. I can't emphasize this more than enough.
Anyway I guess best I can say about this is just that she might get a trophy thanks to Captain Rainbow getting noted.

Gaezhero-leak might still be "open" but I think her having a wand which is already an item takes away all of her potential to be an unique fighter, along with being an ascended form of her item.

It's her essence of her character and recognition as a whole, and many character using her wand wouldn't make her that much special (as much as Screw Attack's out there, but Samus has many more moves on her repertoire.)

For that reason, I think it's better to treat the very leak as either fake or referring to a wholly new character with the very name "Ms.Tetris.". Most likely the former.

Frankly enough, Lip has been deconfirmed.

Last edited:

N. Onymous

Smash Champion
NNID
Midnuh
Switch FC
SW-5043-4045-6926
Oh well! Only anywhere from two to seven more years until the next Smash game! It's a long wait, but I guess I'll see you then! For now, have some Pac-Man! I'm sure he'll be just as fun, entertaining, and creative as Lip would have been!

On a serious note, it makes me sad how many of you guys are giving up. I feel like some day, I'll be the only one left on this forum who still wants Lip as a fighter - and do you know what it feels like to be the only person who supports something on any given website?

Last edited:

Loïc

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
2964-9447-9337
"Perhaps it's too early to give up, but I'm giving up anyway."

?
Pretty much, haha. I'd rather not take my chances and get my hopes up, though I admire the people who haven't given up on her yet!

~ Valkyrie ~

Holy Maiden Warrior
Premium
NNID
IndyGo98
3DS FC
2793-0906-0731
Switch FC
SW-7670-7999-3483
I think it'd be pretty hazardous to rely on leaks anyway, as they're mostly been proven fake. Gaezhero's leak has been right so far in many parts, but I think it leaves with either a new character or the whole leak being fake, as "Ms.Tetris" hadn't been shown in February like rumored.

The Light Music Club

Smash Master
NNID
_TLMC_
3DS FC
0576-6097-0725
I think it'd be pretty hazardous to rely on leaks anyway, as they're mostly been proven fake. Gaezhero's leak has been right so far in many parts, but I think it leaves with either a new character or the whole leak being fake, as "Ms.Tetris" hadn't been shown in February like rumored.
Unless of course, Little Mac is really a women who likes to play Tetris. (You never know)

Itty Bit

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Itty Bit♪
3DS FC
2878-9679-6999
I still haven't given up hope yet! I'm still gonna have faith in Lip being playable, but not let my hopes up as to expect her. And if she doesn't make the cut, then I'll understand.

I mean, while Lip's stick does kind of make me feel less confident, I still think she has as good of a chance as anyone else~ Just because Toon Link was in the background of a stage didn't stop him from being playable.
What if Lip fights with her stick, but it mostly stays unbloomed unless during certain occasions, such as special attacks? Like how it does in the image below

Last edited:

N. Onymous

Smash Champion
NNID
Midnuh
Switch FC
SW-5043-4045-6926
Well again, we'll see. The final roster is still unknown.

tirkaro

Smash Champion
It's for the best to let go of the whole Ms. Tetris leaker thing anyway, putting any degree of mettle into leakers (even the Gematsu one) is generally a bad idea. Even if she is in, it'll probably have nothing to do with the leak at hand.

SchAlternate

Smash Master
NNID
SchAlternate
Switch FC
SW-4691-2422-5427
Not all of us are, really. Sure, we're concerned that this will probably affect her chances, but not to the point of immediately tagging her as disconfirmed just yet.

Just like Ridley, I'll not call it quits until further information is revealed.

bryanoid

Smash Cadet
Even way before the direct, I was expecting Lip's Stick to return. However, I felt it meant absolutely nothing against her chances. Why are people giving up?

Kapus

Smash Ace
NNID
Kaplus4
3DS FC
3626-0411-0921
Aw man, just when I had sketched up some more Lip art too...oh well.
Don't let that stop you! Go on and keep sharing your ideas and sketches. There's no reason to stop, even if she is deconfirmed. It's fun and is a great way for us to spend time together and bond on a common desire. Why should we stop?

I don't have much faith in Lip becoming playable right now (and actually didn't have too much hope in the first place), but I'd still be happy to see concepts, drawings, and mockups made by the fans here, and I'm still going to be here my own self pushing for Lip. Even if we do get a definite deconfirmation of her, I'm not changing my stance.

I feel like some day, I'll be the only one left on this forum who still wants Lip as a fighter - and do you know what it feels like to be the only person who supports something on any given website?
That's gloomy. I'm always going to want Lip as a fighter for as long as I like Super Smash Bros, and as long as I'm into Super Smash Bros I'll probably be on this site.

Anyway I guess best I can say about this is just that she might get a trophy thanks to Captain Rainbow getting noted.
This is pretty much what I'm expecting of her right now, and what I had expected from the beginning. Honestly, at this point, I just want to have a definite confirmation of her role, whether it be trophy, assist, sticker or playable. I'm expecting her to show up in the game in some form. I would be pretty baffled if it turned out that she wasn't featured at all.

I'm not really betting on the Ms Tetris leak still because there isn't really anything in it to make it seem more believable than the other "safe" leaks that show up every now and then.

The Light Music Club

Smash Master
NNID
_TLMC_
3DS FC
0576-6097-0725
As long as she's at least an AT i'm happy. Right now for her and Micaiah it's playable or nothing, and that makes me really mad. If neither or in this game at all that will be so upsetting, especially since we are getting all this Namco junk.

CatRaccoonBL

You can do it!
NNID
RaccoonBL
3DS FC
2294-4606-0767
"Basically deconfirmed..."

Mrgrgr!

Basically is not totally.

Seriously guys, you just lost all motivation that quickly?

Look, I'm not saying she is 100% going to be in the game or she is very likely, but as supporter you are suppose to support. If you just throw in the towel then what gets done?

Look at the Ridley. They have an even harder potential deconfirmation and they are still kicking.

We got to be positive and happy!

And even after an official deconfirmation, we still have to show that we still care about Lip. How is she going to get in the next Smash with only mild supporters?

With Little Mac in, we might be able to boost her popularity.

But we won't if all of you lack motivation. No one will want to support a character who isn't popular and likely.

So c'mon guys. Just keep fighting.

Last edited:

HatsuneMiku

Smash Apprentice
Seems like the majority here are calling it quits... sigh.

I'm going to believe in Lip to the very end, not gonna count her out untill i see her in full shape and form in a screenshot whatever she may turn out to be Assist Trophy, or just a trophy.

SchAlternate

Smash Master
NNID
SchAlternate
Switch FC
SW-4691-2422-5427
"Basically deconfirmed..."

Mrgrgr!

Basically is not totally.

Seriously guys, you just lost all motivation that quickly?

Look, I'm not saying she is 100% going to be in the game or she is very likely, but as supporter you are suppose to support. If you just throw in the towel then what gets done?

Look at the Ridley. They have an even harder potential deconfirmation and they are still kicking.

We got to be positive and happy!

And even after an official deconfirmation, we still have to show that we still care about Lip. How is she going to get in the next Smash with only mild supporters?

With Little Mac in, we might be able to boost her popularity.

But we won't if all of you lack motivation. No one will want to support a character who isn't popular.

So c'mon guys. Just keep fighting.
This. So much this.

As a Ridley supporter myself, I pretty much learnt that we should not let a minor setback let us down until the fat lady sings.

Top Bottom