• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Puzzle League/Panel De Pon General (Former SSB4 Lip Support Thread)

N. Onymous

Smash Champion
NNID
Midnuh
Switch FC
SW-5043-4045-6926
As far as I know there isn't yet. I was planning on making one once I got the banner finished, though.

Someone is missing from your sig, by the way.

JamesDNaux

Smash Hero
NNID
JamesDNaux
Someone is missing from your sig, by the way.
I was going to draw a bunch of characters in my sig, but I got lazy and stopped.

I did draw Lip again, but it was a separate thing.

I'll probably pick up enough steam to add onto my sig once Smash speculation hits full force/aka Smash Switch is announced.

PsychoJosh

Banned via Administration
You know if there is a new Smash I kinda want a new director to take the reigns. Sakurai is getting stale, basically re-releasing the same games over and over again and not doing much new with the series.

Keep the gameplay the same but add some new mechanics to it, you know? And maybe write up character interactions. All we ever get to see is the characters fighting, we don't really see them interact on a more personal level. I'd at least like to see winquotes get introduced. Maybe a story mode with dialogue, none of this "everyone stays quiet" nonsense.

I do wonder how Lip would interact with people.

Win Vs. Olimar: "Hey! You're that weird little space man who keeps tearing up my flowers with those carrot bug things! How'd you get so big, anyways? I remember you being a lot smaller."

N. Onymous

Smash Champion
NNID
Midnuh
Switch FC
SW-5043-4045-6926
I dunno if there'll ever be a new story mode, but if there is, at least textual dialogue would be preferable. The first time through Subspace Emissary, I found it really hard to follow because of the lack of dialogue.

I'm gonna sneak in an edit and say that I really don't hope Sakurai hands the reins to Smash Bros. off to someone else, since I feel like he's Lip's only chance at making it into the series. He's mentioned liking the Panel de Pon series before and it's more than obvious that the rest of Nintendo is content to let it rot, except for some minor nods like the New Leaf cameo. I don't know, it could happen, but it's unlikely.

Win vs. Yoshi: "I dunno why, but when I see you, I get really mad for some reason."

Last edited:

N. Onymous

Smash Champion
NNID
Midnuh
Switch FC
SW-5043-4045-6926
Well, I was bored again. And you should know by now that when I'm bored I do bad things. Here's some Lip tips for your personal hypothetical loading screen.

[Fighters] Lip: Down Air
This drill kick hits up to four times, and the last one will meteor smash! If you hit the ground while using it, though, you'll be left wide open.

[Fighters] Lip: Green-Thumb Throws
Lip's forward and back throws will send the enemy flying and plant a flower on their head on top of that. That should take care of them for a while.

[Fighters] Lip: Lip's Stick

Press the attack button once to unleash a quick flower spell, or hold it down for a more powerful one. If only the item were that versatile!

The longer you charge this attack, the more damage it'll do when you connect, and the bigger the flower that will grow on the enemy's head.

[Fighters] Lip: Quick Swap

This move isn't just good for mobility! It can also be used to switch the positions of fighters and items. Heavier things take longer to switch.

[Fighters] Lip: Watabou

A flying cotton fluff will appear and carry Lip into the air. When it reaches the top of its flight pattern, it'll burst and knock nearby fighters away.

If the Watabou takes too much damage, it'll explode even if it's not at max height yet. Watch out!

[Fighters] Lip: Garbage Block

Up to three Garbage Blocks can be on the field at one time. You can use them as platforms, but if connecting blocks take too much damage, they'll all disappear!

[Fighters] Lip: Puzzle League

Just like in Puzzle League, racking up Combos and Chains during this Final Smash will deal more damage--but you've only got 30 seconds, so be quick about it!

Sometimes, some of the panels on the outside of the stack will flash and deal damage to whoever's standing on them. Don't rely on this too much, though.

[Fighters] Lip: Down Taunt

Lip's sneeze is strong enough to push opposing fighters around. Try using it on someone who's jumping back to the stage!

[Items] Assist Trophy: Windy

Windy uses her wind magic to blow the fighters around--including you! Keep an eye on where she's pointing so you won't get swept away.

Every so often, Windy will call in a tiny thundercloud to electrocute a random foe. If one's on your tail, dodge with good timing to avoid getting zapped!

[Original Games/Settings] Lip's Origins

Lip debuted in the 1995 puzzle game Panel de Pon. Her magic is weaker than the other fairies', so she needs to use a familiar-looking wand to enhance it.

[Original Games/Settings] Who's the Star?

When Panel de Pon was released in North America as Tetris Attack, Yoshi and friends took the place of Lip and co. Do you think she still holds a grudge?

[Original Games/Settings] Lip's Stick

This magic wand was Lip's primary means of defense in Panel de Pon. It's been in Smash Bros. for much longer than she has--it first appeared in Melee.

[Original Games/Settings] Garbage Blocks

Garbage blocks are used to attack enemies in Panel de Pon, and that's no different here. You may have spotted one in Smash before in Kirby's down special.

PsychoJosh

Banned via Administration
You should get around to making a Lip support thread in the Smash Switch speculation forums.

It's time, man. Even I made a thread for Earthworm Jim.

Lip win vs. Jim: "Hey, Mr. Worm! Wanna come back with me to my garden? I could use your help in judging the quality of my soil."

Last edited:

smashkirby

Smash Hero
Well, I was bored again. And you should know by now that when I'm bored I do bad things. Here's some Lip tips for your personal hypothetical loading screen.

[Fighters] Lip: Down Air
This drill kick hits up to four times, and the last one will meteor smash! If you hit the ground while using it, though, you'll be left wide open.

[Fighters] Lip: Green-Thumb Throws
Lip's forward and back throws will send the enemy flying and plant a flower on their head on top of that. That should take care of them for a while.

Press the attack button once to unleash a quick flower spell, or hold it down for a more powerful one. If only the item were that versatile!

The longer you charge this attack, the more damage it'll do when you connect, and the bigger the flower that will grow on the enemy's head.

[Fighters] Lip: Quick Swap

This move isn't just good for mobility! It can also be used to switch the positions of fighters and items. Heavier things take longer to switch.

A flying cotton fluff will appear and carry Lip into the air. When it reaches the top of its flight pattern, it'll burst and knock nearby fighters away.

If the Watabou takes too much damage, it'll explode even if it's not at max height yet. Watch out!

[Fighters] Lip: Garbage Block

Up to three Garbage Blocks can be on the field at one time. You can use them as platforms, but if connecting blocks take too much damage, they'll all disappear!

Just like in Puzzle League, racking up Combos and Chains during this Final Smash will deal more damage--but you've only got 30 seconds, so be quick about it!

Sometimes, some of the panels on the outside of the stack will flash and deal damage to whoever's standing on them. Don't rely on this too much, though.

[Fighters] Lip: Down Taunt

Lip's sneeze is strong enough to push opposing fighters around. Try using it on someone who's jumping back to the stage!

Windy uses her wind magic to blow the fighters around--including you! Keep an eye on where she's pointing so you won't get swept away.

Every so often, Windy will call in a tiny thundercloud to electrocute a random foe. If one's on your tail, dodge with good timing to avoid getting zapped!

[Original Games/Settings] Lip's Origins

Lip debuted in the 1995 puzzle game Panel de Pon. Her magic is weaker than the other fairies', so she needs to use a familiar-looking wand to enhance it.

[Original Games/Settings] Who's the Star?

When Panel de Pon was released in North America as Tetris Attack, Yoshi and friends took the place of Lip and co. Do you think she still holds a grudge?

[Original Games/Settings] Lip's Stick

This magic wand was Lip's primary means of defense in Panel de Pon. It's been in Smash Bros. for much longer than she has--it first appeared in Melee.

[Original Games/Settings] Garbage Blocks

Garbage blocks are used to attack enemies in Panel de Pon, and that's no different here. You may have spotted one in Smash before in Kirby's down special.
Wow, this is REALLY informative! I can totally see all of this in an official Smash game, if Lip were playable and Puzzle League were given a much bigger role in Smash as a whole!

N. Onymous

Smash Champion
NNID
Midnuh
Switch FC
SW-5043-4045-6926
You should get around to making a Lip support thread in the Smash Switch speculation forums. It's time, man.
Like I said, I'm hesitant to before the banner is done, but I guess I can put that up when I'm done with it. I'll link it in here once it's ready.

Edit: ~*Thread's up!*~

Last edited:
Top Bottom