• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Punch Out!! Wii

Lord Viper

SS Rank
NNID
LordViper
3DS FC
2363-5881-2519
I have been waiting for that game to return. It seem's like Nintendo is bring out the big guns at the last min like before, (for example Nintedo Wifi). It's been a long time since I played Punch Out, I had a little trouble playing that game at first because I was young and didn't know much of my controls. The Wii verson looks awesome, now if I can just get the money for it. :p

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
This is great! I never played the original Punch-Out! before and had to settle for the SNES version(which I enjoyed). I'm glad that I will finally be able to play with the legendary Little Mac.

Also, I'm glad to see that Glass Joe, Von Kaiser and King Hippo are back.

Hyper_Ridley

Smash Champion
Now that I think about it, why do I have the feeling that this will be a remake of the first game? Then again, the first game was so godly that a remake wouldn't necessarily be a bad thing.

Bowser King

Have It Your Way
Now that I think about it, why do I have the feeling that this will be a remake of the first game? Then again, the first game was so godly that a remake wouldn't necessarily be a bad thing.

Have you even looked at the game?
It looks a lot different then the original >_>

-:bowser:Bowser King

Red Alloy

Smash Apprentice
I wouldn't be lying if I said I saw this move coming. Mac's inclusion in Brawl had me considering this would happen, even if he was just an assist trophy. I wouldn't be surprised if Nintendo kept bringing back classics like this.

derek.haines

Smash Ace
I wouldn't be lying if I said I saw this move coming. Mac's inclusion in Brawl had me considering this would happen, even if he was just an assist trophy. I wouldn't be surprised if Nintendo kept bringing back classics like this.
Duck Hunt for Wii would be insta-win.

tirkaro

Smash Champion
Punch Out! is overrated.

I went there.

MACH RIDER WII.
DO IT NINTENDO.

Captain Falcon is secret boss?
What would be cool is if there's a special "All-star" cup that consists entirely of Nintendo characters. The last boxer would be Miyamoto. (or more seriously, Ganondorf.)

IWontGetOverTheDam

Smash Lord
When it comes right down to it, Punch Out is a rhythm game disguised as a sports game. The way to win is to press the buttons in time. I hope the Wii version is drastically different. I would rather play an actual boxing game than DDR in disguise.

POKE40

Smash Lord
So when is this bad*** game out?
:D

But doesn't the main character look quite creepy... the way he smiled in that video made me cringe.
I'd want to rent this first though..
But jeez... video game rentals at blockbuster are like 8.99 for five days... -_-'

Lord Viper

SS Rank
NNID
LordViper
3DS FC
2363-5881-2519
I almost forgot about this thread, lol. I'm still waiting for this game to come out, this will be my second game that I will own for Wii this year that is good, No More Hero's was the first.

trueganon

Smash Journeyman
I honestly prefer the original Punch Out to this design change. It looks like the baddies are more predictable in this format (Kaiser almost jumping out of the way before his punch instead of just the head shake). I also loved the very funny way everyone fell when they were knocked down. And another reason I liked the original version is that the enemys seemed to be giants compared to Little Mac. They seem more ... human size now. Even Glass Joe was a behemoth back then. Why does random food pop out of him during the knock out punch? But it looks fun none the less. I'm sure I'll play it, but nothing could ever beat that match against Tyson. It's a **** shame they dropped him from everything since the first one.

Deception

Smash Ace
Glass Joe is French. The croissants popping out our supposed to make him seem more stereotypical, which is something that Punch-Out boxers were back in the day. And the visuals look so good.

trueganon

Smash Journeyman
I'm all up for the funny stereotyping, but magical croissants flying out when you get knocked out cold? Eh, I just don't get it. Seems like an unnecessary exaggeration to me. I do like the visuals though, my only complaint being what I said earlier of the original having the feel that everyone is just this enormous towering obstacle for you.

Exce L

Smash Apprentice
I cant wait for this game to come out...
Will be the 2nd game this year that is good.
(MadWorld)

Brawlmatt202

Smash Champion
I have something Punch-Out!! related to share. According to the Game Informer, the Bear Hugger from both the arcade and SNES versions of Super Punch-Out!! is going to be in this game!

Also, the twins from the twins, Nick & Rick Bruiser from Super Punch-Out!! for the SNES won't be in this game, due to them being a bit too much of a racist stereotype to be in the game. Here's the source:

http://gameinformer.com/News/Story/200903/N09.0331.1442.14433.htm
http://gameinformer.com/News/Story/200903/N09.0331.1442.14433.htm?Page=2

Also, this is probably old news, but Don Flamenco will also be in Punch-Out!! for the Wii.

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
I have something Punch-Out!! related to share. According to the Game Informer, the Bear Hugger from both the arcade and SNES versions of Super Punch-Out!! is going to be in this game!
Bear Hugger will be in? That's cool. I heard the King Hippo was created, because they couldn't implement Bear Hugger into the original. It'll be unique to have both of them in the same game for the first time.

Brawlmatt202

Smash Champion
MORE NEWS!!! Bald Bull has been confirmed for Punch-Out!! for the Wii:

Not that there was any doubt that he would be in. After all, he's been in nearly every Punch-Out!! game there was, including the only spin-off, Arm Wrestling.

Spade1

Smash Apprentice
ah nostalgic overload. thank god super macho man hasn't been confirmed,

I don't I can take getting my *** whooped by some old guy in a speedo 100 times again.

Top Bottom