• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

PT Underestimated? Poll

SSJ5Goku8932

Smash Lord
Do you think Pokemon Trainer is...

Severely underestimated - 4

A little underestimated - 2

Overestimated - 3

Just Fine - 2

Somewhat underestimated - 4

SSJ5Goku8932

Smash Lord
Severlely underestimated - 0

Somewhat underestimated - 1

a little under estimated - 0

Overestimated - 0

PkTrainerCris

Smash Ace
Severely understimated, people usually think about squirtle as someone without range/KO options, ivy as LOL gimp LOL, and zard as combo food
Theres just a little people who respect PT, in fact, thats one of the reasonsPT is so low on the tier list

Tenki

Smash Hero
severely underestimated.

:<

PT's like, my favorite tertiary/secondary (lol whenever I finally learn Squirtle, he may move up to 'secondary' level), but I'm tired of people saying "Ivysaur?? lol ez2gimp. Charizard is slow"

SSJ5Goku8932

Smash Lord
Unfortuneately, My Computer has trouble loading with the edit button for some strange reason Ussi. I'm sorry for the problem.

Severly underestimated - 1

Somewhat underestimated - 1

a little underestimated - 1

Overestimated-1

WITH

Smash Apprentice
A little underestimated...low tier for sure but not horrible like most people say

I would say overestimated by the PT boards (including myself initially) though lol

SSJ5Goku8932

Smash Lord
Severely underestimated - 2

Somewhat under - 1

A little under -2

Just fine - 1

Over - 2

Yeah I just found out that I have to click it twice for some reason. One time and it justs keep loading.

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
when you click edit your post should change into a message box. Or that doesn't happen? The page never gets reloaded

Charizard92

Smash Champion
somewhat underestimated I guess. He isn't Meta Knight or snake in Falcon's clothing, but he does around as well as a mid tier character.

shinyspoon42

Smash Journeyman
I would say overestimated. Everyone will say lolwut to this, but in truth people think PT has a bunch of depth, what with being 3 chars in one. Not so, PT doesn't have much of a meta game, and squirtle is the only one with char specific ATs really. People will commonly overestimate the depth of the chars, and overestimate our weakness's. This benefits us, as people are always shocked when Saur recovers, when Zard outspeeds them, or when Squirt KOs them. Once people learn the character though, people will realize he has obvious weakness coupled with advantages that just don't balance enough to make him any higher. I'm suprised he isn't bottom tier, even though he's one of my fav characters.

Fearmy

Smash Ace
Actually He's underestimated. Because recently, PT has attracted a lot of noobs, and the people who say, OMG IVY IS A EASY GIMP. They haven't asked themselves the question, is the PT i played good?

DemonFart

Smash Lord
yeah PT has attracted noobs(those darn noobs). personally i prefer him to be underestimated so when i own someone i am like "hah n00b how u like getti1n owned by one of teh worst characters" or on rare occasions i say "owned by a f-tier"lol.

Brinzy

Godfather of the Crimean Mafia
NNID
Brinzy
I think it's rather childish for people to pull the whole, "LOL U SUK U LOST TO A LOW/BOTTOM TIER" thing. I mean, for one, by playing a low/bottom tier character, you know that you generally have the odds stacked against you and you need to work even harder in order to succeed. It's pretty insulting to treat a person who loses to a low/bottom tier like that. Do not become disrespectful over something like a tier list, which most of you say "doesn't matter" anyway.

DemonFart

Smash Lord
lol raphael i was joking, i don't do that. i know i have the odds against me so i would be too happy if i won to rub it in

CoonTail

Smash Lord
Severely underestimated in my meta game. The competitive smash community in NY consists mainly of brooklyn, queens, BX players, and Long Island players LI being the smallest amount and me being from LI. The PT community in NY is extremely tiny with the only region pro backing him being DIRE. Players in NY have a very poor idea of PT and due to this I am growing higher and higher in the ranks around here due to his severe underestimation. In short my vote goes to Severe underestimation.

Top Bottom