• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

PSU Presents: Happy Smashin' Valley! (HSV)Philly! Md/VA?!

Status
Not open for further replies.

M@v

Subarashii!
If umbra wants to run a melee side event thats fine, the catch is its probably only going to be 1 TV plus brawl events will take priority no questions asked. If we need the tvs to finish brawl on time we will do it. I dont see it coming to that though.

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
you win this round umbra!

but you have yet to win the war!*

*means im going to beat umbra at melee

Dobs1007

Smash Ace
Screw the money I have rules... Wait

Not sure if I can get off Saturday for this u should run Brawl singles first since takes forever then maybe I could get there in time for teams and to run melee.

IDK right now not looking too good even though I'd like to be there...

_umbra_

Smash Champion
chibo ima **** you upppppp

dobs I hope you can make it to this, if not, are you gonna be here for state patty's day? it's the weekend after I turn 21, me and pav are hittin the baaaars ^_^

Berserker Swordsman

Smash Lord
NNID
KiteKIrby
Isn't the only way Melee will not take up time is if people bring a crapload of setups or there's low attendance for it anyway? Doesn't make sense to even try.

_umbra_

Smash Champion
attendance for melee will most likely be low, but a lot of local people will only come if there's melee. It'll be run on the side, have no effect on the brawl tournament, and bring in more venue fee ^_^

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
melee teams as well? if so umbra do you wanna team? i think u would have normally teamed with dobs but if he doesnt go, we can just team and win lol

_umbra_

Smash Champion
melee teams is pushing it imo... if it happens i'd probably rather team with someone in my own crew though

_umbra_

Smash Champion
umbra kissin that first place goodbye :)
nonsense! if m2k doesn't go someone else in GE will win. although if doubles happened i could probably persuade jmoan or latex to team with me...

with the time constraints, I highly doubt mav would be willing to do melee doubles lol

Mew2King

King of the Mews
Cinnaminson (southwest NJ 5 min drive from Philly)
no melee means im not gonna go since there's already a no johns on this day as well

i need either melee + brawl or a guaranteed pot

I was going to go last time honestly but at the very last second inui changed his mind and wanted to take me to ktar4 wasn't my fault.

Dobs1007

Smash Ace
chibo ima **** you upppppp

dobs I hope you can make it to this, if not, are you gonna be here for state patty's day? it's the weekend after I turn 21, me and pav are hittin the baaaars ^_^
Ya hope I can make this too. And chibo thinking Umbra would every team with someone out of crew silly man :)

Also most likely I'll be heading up to PSU for State patty's day gonna try to bring friend and cactuar along for state patty's day hopefully...

Robfox

Smash Lord
I was going to go last time honestly but at the very last second inui changed his mind and wanted to take me to ktar4 wasn't my fault.
And this is how you handle that situation
M2K - "Let's get ready for BR3"
Inui - "But um.....I kinda wanna go....,to um KTAR4, it's closer"
M2K - "***** WHO WEAR THE PANTS"
Inui - "You do but"
M2K - *SMACK, SMACK* "NOW STFU ND DRIVE!!!"
problem solved

SLIM

Smash Journeyman
I have a feeling that if melee happens, there won't be too many more people for it than Slimfest 4......

:002:

JMOAN

Smash Apprentice
I'll be there for Melee.

I don't see why we couldn't do a Melee doubles side tournament, since there shouldn't be a ton of Melee players (the area is Brawl-dominated). It won't take too long. If there's 10 people, 5 teams, we could even do a round robin tournament.

_umbra_

Smash Champion
I'm pretty excited for this ^_^

mav i'm thinking $5 for melee, sound good to you? don't want to make it too expensive, it needs to draw some local venue fee

J-kub

Smash Cadet
^^^^^ This guy goes everywhere.
Where exactly in PA do you live J-kub?
I live in the Berks area, but relatively close (5- 15) minutes from Lancaster, I think. (Parents are the ones driving me, usually. ^^; ) I'm just trying to go to as many tourneys as I can. I went to a harrisburg one with you before I think, but I didn't really get to talk to you that much since it was pools. D:
We did get to friendly though, we were the first two at the tourney. Since then I've been playing Diddy and trying to go to as many tourneys as I can, I went to the harrisburg one that Damon hosted yesterday. It was a lot of fun, and I got a lot of advice. :D
Hopefully I'll see you at a tourney sooner or later!

Flutter NiTE

Smash Lord
I live in the Berks area, but relatively close (5- 15) minutes from Lancaster, I think. (Parents are the ones driving me, usually. ^^; ) I'm just trying to go to as many tourneys as I can. I went to a harrisburg one with you before I think, but I didn't really get to talk to you that much since it was pools. D:
We did get to friendly though, we were the first two at the tourney. Since then I've been playing Diddy and trying to go to as many tourneys as I can, I went to the harrisburg one that Damon hosted yesterday. It was a lot of fun, and I got a lot of advice. :D
Hopefully I'll see you at a tourney sooner or later!
J-KUB!!!! i'm gonna try to go to this, I wanna see you there!

_umbra_

Smash Champion
nah, i'll prob take a week off after this... hopefully I'll see you on state patty's day though ^_^

teaming with latex at this, hype!

M@v

Subarashii!
^_^ Thanks keit. PA needs to have a scene other than philly. There are several talented players that just need the chances to show it, and a lot of other players wanting to improve/love smash.

Also people here can't afford to travel minimum 3 hours to the closest tourney all the time; its expensive as hell.

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
ok im practically confirmed for this

bringing ppl

can i come late fri night and get housing mav? i wont be there till like... idk, 1:30a or 2a though.

umbra lets drink friday night lol, i wanna leave after the tourney on sat

also im going to get first in melee singles

Flutter NiTE

Smash Lord
I planned on attending, but we will see about the weather, since this is about an hour and a half drive for me.

M@v

Subarashii!

bringing ppl

can i come late fri night and get housing mav? i wont be there till like... idk, 1:30a or 2a though.

Ill talk to you about it on aim. easier to work out ^_^

_umbra_

Smash Champion

bringing ppl

sounds good, just talked to slim and we don't mind housing 2 or 3 people, depending on who it is obviously... preferrably not people we don't know. hit me up on aim when you get the chance

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom