• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

PSU Presents: Happy Smashin' Valley! (HSV)Philly! Md/VA?!

Status
Not open for further replies.

M@v

Subarashii!
Psu Presents:
Happy Smashin' Valley!​

-Thank chibo for the pic

Psu proudly presents Happy Smashin' Valley, a Pennsylvania brawl tourney in the heart of Nittany Lion country, Penn state university!
Date: Feburary 5th, 2011, Penn State University(State College, PA)

Venue

Days inn Penn State
240 South Pugh Street
State College, PA 16801

There are many food places near the venue. For example there is a subway literally at the end of the block. In addition, the tourney will be ending at night, on a saturday, at penn state, one of the top party schools in the country!

Housing
The day's inn has graciously offered a discounted rate of $75/night for smashers planning to attend this tourney.
How to get the discounted rate:
-Call the hotel at 814-238-8454.
-Ask for the discounted rate for Happy smashin' Valley feb.5th. From what I got you can say either that or the smash bros. tourney that day.

In addition, several psu smashers will be offering housing for this event. I will make a list up within the week once I have confirmed who can and can't.

Special request from the venue:
The venue itself is a banquet hall inside the hotel. The hotel does not want ANY outside food or drink inside the BANQUET HALL. This DOES NOT mean the whole hotel. There are plenty of tables in the lobby area you can eat your subway/etc. at. There will also be a water cooler inside the banquet hall you are allowed to use.

Parking
I'm going to to check with the venue and see if I can get free parking the day of the tourney in their parking lot. If not:
All penn state parking decks on campus are free on the weekends.
Also, there are a couple parking garages near the venue in downtown state college, as well as many meter spots.

Prices
Venue Fee: $7
if you bring a TV+wii, it will be $5 venue!
Brawl singles- $10
Brawl Doubles- $20 per team
Melee- TBA

Schedule
10:00am-11am: Registration/warm-up
11:00- ~2pm: Brawl doubles
PLEASE GET HERE ON TIME. I WANT TO START AT 11, and will hold off absolutely no later than 11:30! If your going to be a little late, call me and give me an time estimate so I can see if I can hold off your matches.

~2pm-8pm(Possibly shorter) Brawl singles
8pm- Venue closes. This is why I want to start at 11 sharp, to make sure we have plenty of time for singles and doubles, and won't be pressed for time at all.

~2-8pm= Melee singles side event.

Brawl Ruleset:

3 Stock
8 minute timer
Items are set to "off" and "none"

* If the timer runs out, the victor is determined first by stock and then by percentage.

* Resolving Ties: If percents are the same or both players die simultaneously, there will be a 1 stock, 3 minute, same characters, same stage rematch.

* All sets with the exception of winner's finals, loser's finals, and the championship are best of 3 matches (best of 5 and above should be played out for any "finals" matches)

* In the event of a dispute, controller ports will be selected by Rock-Paper-Scissors.

* You are responsible for your own controller and name tag. Any malfunctions or errors that occur are your responsibility, so bring an extra controller if possible and always check to make sure you're using the correct settings BEFORE a match is played. If a match is to be restarted due to controller functions, it must be agreed upon by both parties.

* Extending Meta Knight's Dimensional Cape by leaving the ground and returning to it while invisible is banned. (For example, flicking the C-Stick up while holding down on the control stick during the move will cause this to happen.)

* Stalling is banned.
Stalling: The act of deliberately avoiding any and all conflict so that one may make the game unplayable. Running away from an opponent to reach a better position is not stalling, while using an infinite to run out the timer rather than to score a KO is. As such, any infinite chain-grabs, locks, etc. cannot exceed 300%.

* Any action which prevents the game from continuing (i.e. by causing the game to crash or causing all characters to freeze indefinitely) is banned. If the Tournament Organizer or a judge can conclusively determine the player responsible for the failure, that player loses the interrupted game. Players are expected to know their characters and prevent this from happening.

* Some interactions (for example, a throw with a wind attack) can cause one character to become frozen until being hit. If this happens, the free character is expected to capitalize on this in a timely manner; a failure to do so is stalling.

* Dave's stupid rule is in effect.

* There will be a 50 Edge grab limit for this tournament

Match Procedure
Sets are best of 3 minus Winners finals, losers finals, and grand finals.
-Game 1 both players select their character
-Neutral Stages will be striked 1-2-1, with the higher seed player striking 1st.
-Winner of game 1 will then ban a stage from the neutral/counterpick stage list.
-Loser of game one then counterpicks a stage from the neutral/counterpick stage list
-Winner chooses character first, followed by the loser.
-Repeat with game 2 results if necessary.

Brawl Stagelist
Neutrals
Final destination
Battlefield
Smashville
Yoshi's Island
Lylat Cruise

Counter Picks
Castle Siege
Halberd
Delfino Plaza
Pokemon Stadium 1
Frigate Orpheon
Brinstar
Rainbow Cruise
Pictochat

Questions? Pm me, Facebook me if you got me, catch me on aim(pghmav), or call/text me(412)855-1473.

SLIM

Smash Journeyman
I'll talk it over with umbra, but i might be able to house a few (around 5) people for this tournament.

I'll get back to you guys on this one.

M@v

Subarashii!
The best ivysaur in the Western Hemisphere obviously. Should be updating the OP with more venue info tonigh.

M@v

Subarashii!
dang venues ends at 8
ouch!!!!!!!!!!!!
Yeah. Why we are starting at 11. Singles and doubles will have plenty of time.
PLEASE GET HERE ON TIME. I WANT TO START AT 11, and will hold off absolutely no later than 11:30! If your going to be a little late, call me and give me an time estimate so I can see if I can hold off your matches.

Btw check op for hotel discount information. The only thing I haven't sorted out yet is parking, but I'm pretty sure you can.
Also, heres an important piece of information that the days inn has told me. Keep in mind this a policy from the venue itself, so please respect it!

The venue itself is a banquet hall inside the hotel. The hotel does not want ANY outside food or drink inside the BANQUET HALL. This DOES NOT mean the whole hotel. There are plenty of tables in the lobby area you can eat your subway/etc. at. There will also be a water cooler inside the banquet hall you are allowed to use.

I wanted to bold that because I know how popular food inside venues is with smashers. But there are tables literally right outside the banquet hall you can use.

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
Who wants to mm my Pokemon Trainer? And we won't use money on the line... Loser has to eat Subway inside the Banquet Hall.

M@v

Subarashii!
You dont want to know what will happen to you either. You will face the wrath of the venue, not me.

SLIM

Smash Journeyman
@robfox: Sure dude I'll play you
@nasty: We def gotta play, its been too long
@umbra: This isn't melee
@chibo: ........no

:002:

_umbra_

Smash Champion
lol slim idc if this is melee or not i will fc nairs and break shields up in this ***** ^_^

on a serious note, who wants to win teams?

edit: nvm I think I'll just team with someone local

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
umbra mm me in mid tiers here
il put however much money i spend this weekend on the line because i wanna have a free trip :)

_umbra_

Smash Champion
LOL nah son if we mm we use legit chars, **** that mid tier **** *****es are all like my char sucks you should all feel bad for me and hold a tournament I can compete in **** that ****

i will mm you in brawl or melee though

for an amount to be determined when im sober

speaking of which, mav, thank you for making another psu thread for me to drunk post innnnnnn

M@v

Subarashii!
Lol no problem. Spread the word about this guys. I can guarantee you this will be an awesome tourney!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom