• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

PSI Magnet Reference Guide

PSI Magnet Reference Guide

Yink

The Robo-PSIentist
NNID
SSBYink
I swore that we always could have absorbed the star bit laser.

Maybe the the first version of the game didn't allow you to absorb it. And then in the last patch they changed it so that you could absorb it. Cause I remember absorbing it before this patch came out.
NinjaLink and I tried to absorb all parts of it over and over early on in the game's life, and no matter what we did we just couldn't get Ness to absorb it. I guess we should've tested again (though, I guess it slipped our mind).

This is very interesting! Thank you again @ The 0ne The 0ne for this. I'm amazed it works now to be honest.

Last edited:

The 0ne

Smash Journeyman
NNID
toady3
3DS FC
0104-2324-5980
Oh no problem! With the number of Rosalinas using Star Bit Shot in the Customs format, this'll definitely give Ness an advantage in the neutral. She'll have to think before throwing them out now, because even against characters with reflectors, it would just hit Luma anyway, so she STILL didn't have to think about throwing them out.

She still bops Ness offstage though :050:

Last edited:

The 0ne

Smash Journeyman
NNID
toady3
3DS FC
0104-2324-5980
So a nice guy on my Mr. Game and Watch thread posted damage percents for Ryu and Lucas's projectiles! His tag is @blak dragon

Ryu: Hadouken (5% tap B, 6% hold B, 7.5% SF input); Shakunetsu Hadouken (1% first four hits, 4% final hit)

Lucas: PK Freeze (9% min, 22% max); PK Fire (3% bolt, 6% pillar hit); PK Thunder (3% head, ~.75% per tail hit)

I'll get the healing percents. Oh and just so you guys are aware, Lucas's magnet heals at a x2.5 ratio.

Last edited:

The 0ne

Smash Journeyman
NNID
toady3
3DS FC
0104-2324-5980
Hadouken heals 9 or 10 with neutral b if you don't hold it versus if you do.
True Hadouken heals 10 or 11.
Shakunetsu Hadouken heals 2. Multi hit boys

Lucas's PK Fire heals 5. That's just the bolt though. You actually can absorb the pillar at the end, but that's hard to test and will probably never happen.
Weak PK Freeze heals 15, strong heals 30.
Lucas's PK Thunder heals 4 at head, and 1% extra if he's right next to Lucas.

Noa.

Smash Master
Meh you could absorb the pillar on the second part of castle siege if he hits a statue. Or in a doubles match.

But yeah it's not gonna happen often lol.

Nice stuff though! Yay

The 0ne

Smash Journeyman
NNID
toady3
3DS FC
0104-2324-5980
Oh I forgot! He also told me that the Steel Diver torpedoes can be absorbed. They do 14% but I can't get it to work.

The 0ne

Smash Journeyman
NNID
toady3
3DS FC
0104-2324-5980
You know, the item from that 3DS submarine launch title that looks like a gun and it shoots torpedoes.

And actually I dont know why I had trouble absorbing them earlier, because you can just absorb them outright, like Link's bombs. They can hit you and blow up, and you'll be fine. They heal 23%.

Side note: I don't know how many of you play Lucas (he's actually my main, sorry guys), but do you think anyone would benefit if I made a list like this for the Lucas boards? Since his healing ratio is different now (and frankly ridiculous at x2.5) I thought people would like to know over there what he can heal and how much, just like the Ness boards. Although with a ratio like that, I can already tell you that at least half of them just heal 30 lol.

Yink

The Robo-PSIentist
NNID
SSBYink
Whoops, slipping again here. I'll have these updated with the new characters later this evening.

As far as I can tell the cap is still at 30% even though the heal ratio is 2.5x. I weirdly feel as though it's a bit lame that his still caps at 30%, but what can you do, eh?

The 0ne

Smash Journeyman
NNID
toady3
3DS FC
0104-2324-5980
As far as I can tell the cap is still at 30% even though the heal ratio is 2.5x. I weirdly feel as though it's a bit lame that his still caps at 30%, but what can you do, eh?

Without the cap Lucas would heal 63% from a Samus charge shot. SIXTY-THREE.

yoshi8984

Smash Lord
NNID
TimmyTendo
Switch FC
SW-6176-0583-0131

Without the cap Lucas would heal 63% from a Samus charge shot. SIXTY-THREE.
And then from a fully charged PK Flash he'd heal 92.5% (I'd assume it rounds down to 92?).

I think the sole reason the healing cap exists is due to custom equipment. A 200 Atk Ness' PK Flash does 74 damage LOL. You'd then heal... 185%?! xD

Lochy

Smash Ace
NNID
Lochinator
Whoops, slipping again here. I'll have these updated with the new characters later this evening.

I guess if there wasn't a cap it wouldn't really be fair because of the ridiculous amounts of health you'd heal back.

The 0ne

Smash Journeyman
NNID
toady3
3DS FC
0104-2324-5980
I think it should at least be 40. Risking your 13-year-old life to absorb a green 37% ball of death hurtling towards your noggin and only healing 30% off it is kind of a slap in the face.

Yink

The Robo-PSIentist
NNID
SSBYink
I agree. I think 40% is more reasonable. It just seems sort of... I don't want to say "lazy" but perhaps an afterthought? Ah well.

The 0ne

Smash Journeyman
NNID
toady3
3DS FC
0104-2324-5980
Am I correct in stating that PK Flash is the most damaging energy projectile outright? Or can an Aura Sphere do even more?

The 0ne

Smash Journeyman
NNID
toady3
3DS FC
0104-2324-5980
No no no outright. Raw. Before any multipliers from reflection or pocket-tion.

Yink

The Robo-PSIentist
NNID
SSBYink
Yink updated PSI Magnet Reference Guide with a new update entry:

PSI Magnet Reference Guide: UPDATE 1.5

UPDATE 1.5 - Ryu, Lucas, and Roy have been added (Though, Roy has nothing to actually absorb).

Specifics:

Characters | Moves | Healing
Lucas | PK Fire: 3% bolt, 6% pillar | Heal: 5% for the bolt, undetermined for the pillar
| PK Freeze: 9% min, 22% max | Heal: 15% min (weak), 30% max (strong)
| PK Thunder: 3% head, ~.75% per tail hit | Heal: 4% head ( extra 1% if next to Lucas )
Roy | None
Ryu | Hadouken: 5% tap B, 6% hold B, 7.5%...

The 0ne

Smash Journeyman
NNID
toady3
3DS FC
0104-2324-5980
I have a question.

I teamed with a Pikachu on Saturday and I was Lucas, but I thought I'd come to a more trusted source first.

Long story short Thunder healed 43%.
Uh, why?

The 0ne

Smash Journeyman
NNID
toady3
3DS FC
0104-2324-5980
Yeah even in Training it heals 40%. I'm confused. Maybe this has something to do with that G&W/Pikachu team exploit where G&W would fill all three segments in one hit.

But that got patched out...right?

Last edited:

Earthbound360

Smash Hero
NNID
Mikman360
Thunder is multiple hits. Ness absorbs each one, multiplying the individual damages dealt.

I've actually absorbed half of thunder before. It looks weird.

Last edited:

Noa.

Smash Master
Well there are multiple hitboxes associated with thunder. The code for the move is a bit complicated it seems. Idk why sometimes you'll absorb the whole move, and why you can sometimes absorb multiple hitboxes of the same move. Seems odd.

Top Bottom