• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project X Zone 3 Ideas?

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
So, if you’re familiar with the Project X Zone series, it’s a series of tactical RPGs developed by Monolith Soft and featuring characters from various IPs by SEGA, Capcom, and Bandai Namco. The second game included three Nintendo guest stars: Chrom, Lucina, and Mecha-Fiora.

sometime last decade after 2 was released, Banpresto, who helped work on the games, was dissolved. However, Harada of Bandai Namco has expressed interest in a 3rd one late last year, especially since Kamiya regretted turning down the idea of a Dante and Bayonetta team up and likely wants to deliver this time around.

what ideas do you have for the roster, plot, gameplay elements, maybe some new companies thrown into the mix like Konami or Square Enix? I’ll list mine later, at least starting with the roster. I do plan on including more Nintendo characters like Elma, Shulk, Pit & Palutena, Captain Falcon, Pearl & Marina if Splatoon isn’t too “cartoony” or anthro, Spring Man & Min Min, and Officer Howard from Astral Chain.

Last edited:

osby

Smash Obsessed
I have a few character additions I want to see in a PXZ3. For now, I'll just list the SEGA ones:
  • Ichiban Kasuga from Yakuza as a Solo Unit.
  • Bring back Valkyrie Chronicles characters, maybe have them be from 4.
  • Sakura Amamiya and Seijuro Kamiyama as a Pair Unit so they can meet with older Sakura Wars characters.
  • Axel Stone & Blaze Fielding as a Pair Unit and Adam Hunter as a Solo Unit, from Streets of Rage 4.
  • Vyse & Aika Pair Unit along with Fina as a Solo Unit, from Skies of Arcadia.
  • Persona characters. There's so many directions they can take this but ideally all modern games get a character.
  • Bayonetta. Either pair her with Dante or make Jeanne and Rodin tag along.

Jocario Zero

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-2327-1796-5400
Project X Zone 2 is a game that I always wanted to get but never really got to for various reasons (and as of right now a copy on amazon is like 60 €…ouch.).
I played the demo for PxZ2 a long time ago and liked it enough. Maybe someday…

Anyway, the best I can do right now is list some potentially cool ideas and character inclusions:
  • Keep the Nintendo characters of the second game.
  • Have more “crossover teams” like with Fiora and KOS-MOS or Chun-Li and Xiaoyu in PxZ2. My idea for a “Nintendo version” would be Elma (Xenoblade X) and (preferably female) Officer Howard (Astral Chain). I think those would be a good fit for each other.
  • Persona seems like a no-brainer, especially due to Persona 5s success. Give me Joker with either Ryuji or Makoto and maybe Morgana or Ann as a solo unit and I’m good. If you don’t want to stick with just P5, then maybe add Narukami as well (dude’s cool. I mean he is voiced by Johnny Yong Bosch).
  • Bayonetta…nuff said
  • English voice acting…(yeah right)
That is all I can think of at the moment. I’ll have you know if I can think of more.

And btw for a moment I thought “wait there aren’t any Final Fantasy-characters, right?” until I remembered that these are Square Enix. Would probably never happen but the idea is cool, I think.

DanganZilla5

Smash Champion
Writing Team
For PxZ 3, it would be nice if in addition to the 3 companies involved, they bring in other companies. Konami and Square Enix are great options as stated in the OP. Here are some suggestions for newcomers (Not counting any characters who appear exclusively in Namco X Capcom):
  • Bamco
    • Klonoa
    • Nightmare/Siegfried
    • Solaire
    • Agumon
  • Capcom
    • Viewtiful Joe
    • Mike Haggar
  • Sega
    • Sonic
    • Arle Nadja
    • Joker
    • Bayonetta
  • Konami
    • Snake and Raiden
    • Simon and Richter or another Belmont
    • Alucard
    • Bill Rizer and Lance Bean
    • Silent Hill protagonist
  • Square Enix
    • Final Fantasy characters - They could go with a variety of characters for this one honestly
    • Neku
    • Lara Croft
    • Bravely Default protagonists
    • Crono
    • Dragon Quest heroes
    • Other characters who I'm blanking on
I considered non-verbal characters like Amaterasu, Bomberman, Pyramid Head and Dig Dug as it would be better if they focused on characters who could talk which would make it easier for the cutscenes, although some of the characters listed above don't really talk either so theoretically I'm leaving it up to the developers to come up with creative ways for the non-verbal characters to interact.

Now, a big issue that many people have with this series is that the games are too long and repetitive. One way to help mitigate this is to have a slightly more condensed cast of characters to cut down time on the story and in exchange, put more time into each character's interactions and gameplay, such as giving them more combos and super moves. This would make the game shorter, but have more depth. Mind you, I'm not suggesting them to make big changes to the formula. The character interactions are the main draw of the games and is what carries the series, but I think not stretching everything out so much would be healthier for future games and to help the players not get so burnt out by the end.

Other than those, that is pretty much all my thoughts. I would like to see some more Nintendo characters sprinkled in, though definitely keep the focus on the third party companies. The story can be whatever as it's just an excuse to see these characters meet and interact, though if they can come up with a more engaging story I'll be down to see it. But I don't think it's realistic to have the story itself be that deep with such a huge cast of characters and I have a feeling that most of the people who play these games don't care about the story itself.

Speed Weed

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-1814-1029-3514
Aight, here's some ideas I've got:

First off, SEGA:
-osby already mentioned it but Vyse and Aika pair unit please and thank you
-For some classic Phantasy Star representation, I'd say Alis as a solo unit and then Rolf and Nei as a pair unit. I'd say they should put in something from PSO as well, but I know jack**** about that aspect of the franchise so I wouldn't be able to say who
-Gillius from Golden Axe as a solo unit
-Michael and James from Virtua Cop as a pair unit. Maybe Janet as a solo?
-Throw Demi-Fiend in there somewhere: maybe pair him up with a Persona character?
-Beat from Jet Set Radio as a solo unit
-Some form of Burning Rangers characters: either have Shou as a solo unit or pair him up with Tillis
-Mainline House of the Dead stuff would be cool. G and Thomas Rogan as a pair unit would be the best choice IMO, but I'd also like to suggest pairing G with Isaac Washington instead because it'd be hilarious. That, and a Curien Mansion chapter with the Magician as the boss would be the hypest ****
-A cool obscure pick would be Prince Ali from Beyond Oasis as a solo unit
-Bayonetta obviously, but I'd also like to throw another Platinum character out there: Jack from MadWorld. He'd be incredible. 'Nuff said.
-Asha from Monster World could be fun
-Panzer Dragoon and classic Shining Force stuff would be cool
-Red and Blue from Gunstar Heroes
-And for my ultimate crackpot pick: Rent-A-Hero

I feel like there's a really good idea I'm forgetting....Anyway, onto Capcom:
-Put in some SFV **** like, I dunno, Rashid as a solo unit or something
-Jon Talbain please capcom my guy never gets anything
-Ryu and Nina from Breath of Fire
-Joe and Silvia from, well, Viewtiful Joe
-Was Nero in either PxZ game? If not, I think now's his time
-I'd say turn June from Star Gladiator into a pair unit with Hayato because Hayato is badass and needs more love
-Maybe Amaterasu as a solo unit, with Issun speaking on her behalf?
-There's Mega Man stuff already, but I don't think Battle Network or Star Force have gotten anything yet, so uh, yeah. Do that
-Lightning round of potential solo units: Mike Haggar, Edward Falcon, Regina from Dino Crisis, Tessa from Red Earth, someone from Onimusha, and **** it - Ruby Heart

Let's go to Namco real quick - this is the shortest section

-I don't think we've gotten anything from Tales games other than Vesperia, so if not, do that
-Some solo unit ideas: Reiko Nagase from Ridge Racer, Rick Taylor from Splatterhouse, and Bravoman or Wonder Momo
-AH **** I KNEW I WAS FORGETTING SOMETHING: Dark Souls stuff

Since we're going from Namco to Nintendo, imma say real quick that they should have Pit and Valkyrie as a cross-company pair unit. Now that that's out of the way:

-I agree with what other people have been saying here: Kid Icarus, Astral Chain, Metroid, F-Zero, Xenoblade stuff other than 1, and Fire Emblem stuff other than Awakening. With that said, Zelda stuff feels like a no-brainer to me as well, and I'd also like to suggest characters from Golden Sun and Advance Wars: I feel like they're major enough to warrant at least consideration, even if they haven't had a game in a while - which in all honesty is not something PxZ has shown to care about
-Little Mac could maybe work but I'm not totally sure
-I'd also like to see some more obscure ****, like Takamaru as a solo unit, or Saki and Airan from Sin and Punishment as a pair unit

Last edited:

SpecterFlower

Smash Ace
Project X Zone 2 is a game that I always wanted to get but never really got to for various reasons (and as of right now a copy on amazon is like 60 €…ouch.).
I played the demo for PxZ2 a long time ago and liked it enough. Maybe someday…

Anyway, the best I can do right now is list some potentially cool ideas and character inclusions:
  • Keep the Nintendo characters of the second game.
  • Have more “crossover teams” like with Fiora and KOS-MOS or Chun-Li and Xiaoyu in PxZ2. My idea for a “Nintendo version” would be Elma (Xenoblade X) and (preferably female) Officer Howard (Astral Chain). I think those would be a good fit for each other.
  • Persona seems like a no-brainer, especially due to Persona 5s success. Give me Joker with either Ryuji or Makoto and maybe Morgana or Ann as a solo unit and I’m good. If you don’t want to stick with just P5, then maybe add Narukami as well (dude’s cool. I mean he is voiced by Johnny Yong Bosch).
  • Bayonetta…nuff said
  • English voice acting…(yeah right)
That is all I can think of at the moment. I’ll have you know if I can think of more.

And btw for a moment I thought “wait there aren’t any Final Fantasy-characters, right?” until I remembered that these are Square Enix. Would probably never happen but the idea is cool, I think.
Having Square Enix in 3 would be amazing,

Hadokeyblade

Smash Legend
I was thinking that they bring in Rex and Pyra/Mythra as a pair unit and have Kosmos changed to be a solo unit so she gets unique dialogue with Rex, in reference to Kosmos being a blade in XB2.

Kai and Raz from Valkyria chronicles 4 would be a perfect duo.

Hot take: Cut down a bit on Sakura wars to give other Sega characters a chance, make Sakura Amamiya and Sakura Shinguji a pair unit.

And some battle network representation on the Capcom side.

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
I was thinking that they bring in Rex and Pyra/Mythra as a pair unit and have Kosmos changed to be a solo unit so she gets unique dialogue with Rex, in reference to Kosmos being a blade in XB2.

Kai and Raz from Valkyria chronicles 4 would be a perfect duo.

Hot take: Cut down a bit on Sakura wars to give other Sega characters a chance, make Sakura Amamiya and Sakura Shinguji a pair unit.

And some battle network representation on the Capcom side.
Now that you mention “cut down on”, 2 had WAY too many Shinobi characters, I feel. Another hot take: don’t bring back Devilotte or Neneko. The former is from a JP exclusive game that’s even obscure as all hell in its homeland, the latter is only known in the west as an anime (the visual novels it’s based on were never localized)

still working on my roster I’ll probably post tomorrow if not after work today

Hadokeyblade

Smash Legend
Another fun idea i had is Kyoko from Digimon Cyber sleuth for the Namco side.

She's the vague mentor figure of the other characters in the game, her moveset would be entirely based on spoilers:
kyoko_is_alphamon_by_sartika3091-dc13xil.jpg

And on course you gotta use Persona characters, Joker and any of his female companions, preferably either Queen or violet.

Golden Icarus

Smash Lord
  • Persona characters. There's so many directions they can take this but ideally all modern games get a character.
I'd definitely want more Persona characters in there, but I would avoid the MCs (Joker, Yu, etc.) as they aren't all that interesting. I like the idea of having one character for each of the modern games. I think that something like Aigis, Kanji, and Makoto each as solo units would be good as they're all fan favorites with very unique personalities.

Hadokeyblade

Smash Legend
A Persona inclusion in X Zone wouldn't be complete if there wasn't a chapter in the late game where the Phantom thieves send a calling card to one of the major villains of one of the other franchises, like Gill from Street fighter 3 or something.

And then complete it with Rivers in the Desert playing in the background as the Phantom thieves and the rest of the party team up to stop said villain.

dezeray112

Smash Hero
I have completed Project X Zones 1 and 2 numerous times and I am really hoping that someday the Namco Bandai, SEGA and Capcom crossover can continue with its third sequel.

Anyways, here are my thoughts and choices:
  • Sakura Amamiya and Seijuro Kamiyama of Sakura Wars are more likely to be a pair unit.
  • Phantasy Star really needs some sort of representation in which I could see them feature either Alis Lansdale, Rolf or Nei.
  • Axel Stone should return and if he is to pair up with someone, it will be Blaze Fielding.
  • Jet Set Radio is another franchise that deserves representation, so I would opt for Beat and Gum as a pair unit.
  • Maybe they could put someone from Valkyria Chronicles 4 as either a pair unit or solo unit.
  • Virtua Fighter is likely to have a presence in PxZ3 and I would like to see Akira Yuki pair up with Jacky Bryant. Maybe we could see Sarah Bryant act as a solo unit.
  • I would definitely love to see some Persona inclusion, but I generally could see Joker and Violet as a pair unit and perhaps Panther as a solo unit.
  • If things do work out, could we see Bayonetta team up with Dante.
  • Devil May Cry V's Nero is a very likely newcomer and he should be paired up with V.
  • After being controlled as Black Hayato in PxZ2, it would not be a surprise if Hayato Kanzaki makes a return but this time, pairing up with June Lin Milliam.
  • I would like to see Phoenix Wright as a playable pair unit and team up with Miles Edgeworth.
  • Leon S. Kennedy should definitely make a return and pair up with Claire Redfield. Maybe Ada Wong as a solo unit?
  • A Viewtiful Joe and Sexy Silvia team up will be awesome.
  • Would like to see Frank West pair up with Chuck Greene.
  • I really hope that Jon Talbain from Darkstalkers gets a chance in PxZ3 either paired up with someone or as a solo unit.
  • Maybe we could get Sengoku Basara's Date Masamune and Sanada Yukimura as a pair unit?
  • Other Capcom characters that I could see getting considered include Akira Kazama, Jin Saotome, Rashid, Edward Falcon, Gene, Amaterasu and Monster Hunter.
  • Tekken is likely to feature. I can see Jin Kazama likely to return but who should he partner with?
  • SoulCalibur is another franchise that should be represented in PxZ3. I personally would love to see a Sophitia Alexandria pair up with Siegfried or Seong Mi-Na and Hwang as a solo unit. Another pair unit I could see is Kilik with Xianghua with Maxi as a solo unit.
  • I could see someone from God Eater 3 as either a pair unit or solo unit.

cashregister9

Smash Hero
I love both Project X Zone games but I have a lot of ideas so here they are

This is a dream roster. I have even more ideas but I think this is enough.

Bandai Namco
-Reiji & Xiaomu
-Haken & Kaguya
-Ciel & Alisa
-Yuri & Lloyd
-Kite & Black Rose
-Saya & Katana
-KOS-MOS & Fiora
-Kamen Rider Decade & Kamen Rider Diend
-Soma & Haseo
-Jin & Kazuya
-Xiaoyu & Alisa Bosconoscovitch
-Axel Stone & Blaze Felding
-Kyosuke Nanbu & Excellen Browning
-Don-chan & Haruka
-Nightmare & Siegfried

Capcom
-Phoenix Wright & Maya Fey
-Morrigan & Felicia
-Demitri Maximoff & Jedah Doma
-Dante & Vergil
-X & Zero
-Guy & Cody
-Protoman & Bass

-Chris & Jill
-Leon & Claire
-Ryu & Ken
-Chun-li & Juri Han
-Frank & Hsien-ko
-Batsu & Akira
-Lady & Trish

SEGA
-Akira Yuki & Pai-chan
-Ogami & Kamiyama
-Erica & Gemini
-Sakura Shinguji & Sakura Amamiya
-Kiryu & Majima
-Akiyama & Saejima
-Zephyr & Leanne
-Kurt & Riela
-Welkin & Alicia
-Maya Amano & Tatsuya Suou
-Morgana & Teddie
-Joker & Yu Narukami
-Bayonetta & Jeanne

Nintendo
-Chrom & Lucina
-Pyra & Mythra
-Edelgard & Dimitri & Claude
-Alphonse & Sharena

Combination
-Strider Hiryu & Hotsuma
-Segata Sanshiro & Kamen Rider 1
-Tron Bonne & BB Hood
-T-Elos & Elma

Solo Units

Bandai Namco
-Flynn
-Valkyrie
-Natsu
-Aty
-Heihachi
-Sanger Zonvolt
-Neneko
-Lindow
-Kamen Rider 2
-Kamen Rider Zi-O

-Nana Kouzuki
-Klonoa

Capcom
-Captain Commando
-Nero
-June Lin Milliam
-Ingrid
-Mike Haggar
-Viewtiful Joe

-Arthur
-Devilotte
-Jon Talbain
-Dan Hibiki
-Rathalos
-Rashid

Sega
-Ichiban
-Vashyron
-Ulala
-Kage-maru
-Hibana
-Ryo Hazuki
-Aigis
-Imca
-Bruno
-Rikiya
-Bahn
-Alis Landale

Nintendo
-Poppi
-Tiki

There would be 1 new company

Arc System Works

Pairs
-Sol & Ky
-Kunio & Riki
-Billy & Jimmy Lee
-Ragna & Jin Kisaragi
-May & Johnny
-Baiken & Answer
-Ramlethal & Elphelt
-Dizzy & Sin
-Kokone & Mitsuyoshi
-Toya Kagari & Hinata Himezuru

Solo
-Bang Shishigami
-Noel Vermillion
-Taokaka
-Nagoriyuki
-Axl Low
-Willy
-Jake Hunter
-Kyoko and Misako
-Potemkin
-Kagemaru
-Kobayashi
-Jack-O
-Hazama

(Kamen Rider is technically owned by Toei, but Bandai Namco owns the merchandising and game rights to the point where it technically counts)

Last edited:

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666

Bandai Namco
-Reiji & Xiaomu
-Haken & Kaguya
-Ciel & Alisa
-Yuri & Lloyd
-Kite & Black Rose
-Saya & Katana
-KOS-MOS & Fiora
-Soma & Haseo
-Jin & Kazuya
-Don-chan & Haruka
-Nightmare & Siegfried

Capcom
-Morrigan & Felicia
-Dante & Vergil
-X & Zero
-Guy & Cody
-Protoman & Bass

-Chris & Jill
-Leon & Claire
-Ryu & Ken
-Chun-li & Juri Han
-Frank & Hsien-ko
-Batsu & Akira
-Lady & Trish

SEGA
-Akira Yuki & Pai-chan
-Ogami & Kamiyama
-Erica & Gemini
-Kiryu & Majima
-Akiyama & Saejima
-Zephyr & Leanne
-Kurt & Riela
-Welkin & Alicia
-Morgana & Teddie
-Joker & Yu Narukami
-Bayonetta & Jeanne

Nintendo
-Chrom & Lucina
-Pyra & Mythra
-Alphonse & Sharena

Combination
-Strider Hiryu & Hotsuma
-Tron Bonne & BB Hood
-T-Elos & Elma

Solo Units

Bandai Namco
-Flynn
-Valkyrie
-Natsu
-Aty
-Heihachi
-Sanger Zonvolt
-Neneko
-Lindow
-Kamen Rider 2
-Kamen Rider Zi-O

-Nana Kouzuki
-Klonoa

Capcom
-Captain Commando
-Nero
-June Lin Milliam
-Ingrid
-Mike Haggar
-Viewtiful Joe

-Arthur
-Devilotte
-Jon Talbain
-Dan Hibiki
-Rathalos
-Rashid

Sega
-Ichiban
-Vashyron
-Ulala
-Kage-maru
-Hibana
-Ryo Hazuki
-Aigis
-Imca
-Bruno
-Rikiya
-Bahn
-Alis Landale

Nintendo
-Poppi
-Tiki

Arc System Works

Pairs
-Sol & Ky
-Kunio & Riki
-Billy & Jimmy Lee
-Ragna & Jin Kisaragi
-May & Johnny
-Baiken & Answer
-Ramlethal & Elphelt
-Dizzy & Sin
-Kokone & Mitsuyoshi

Solo
-Bang Shishigami
-Noel Vermillion
-Taokaka
-Nagoriyuki
-Axl Low
-Willy
-Jake Hunter
-Kyoko and Misako
-Potemkin
-Kagemaru
-Kobayashi
-Jack-O
-Hazama

(Kamen Rider is technically owned by Toei, but Bandai Namco owns the merchandising and game rights to the point where it technically counts)
1. Is T-elos & Elma supposed to be the “dark counterpart” to KOS-MOS and Fiora? If so I can dig it
2. PERSONA 2 GETS MORE APPRECIATION THAN ATLUS CAN GIVE IT YESSSSSS
3. Joker & Yu. I like it!
4. Wait, all THREE house leaders? Isn’t that kinda... bending the rules a bit?

Hadokeyblade

Smash Legend
I wonder what game they would pick to only have a stage reference and not a character itself?

The first PXZ had a couple chapters based on Gain ground and the second had a chapter based on Burning rangers.

Speed Weed

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-1814-1029-3514
I wonder what game they would pick to only have a stage reference and not a character itself?

The first PXZ had a couple chapters based on Gain ground and the second had a chapter based on Burning rangers.
**** it.

Brain Age chapter.

That Dr. Kawashima boss fight is what's going to separate the men from the boys

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
deep breath

Well, here's what I got so far, including things I'm debating on including. No furries or excessively cartoony characters, I'll consider Splatoon safe. Some of the OG companies (Sega, Capcom, Bamco) may be downsized and new companies may be limited in new characters but that's to have as much diversity as possible and keep everyone equally represented as possible.

Duos

Bandai Namco

Reiji & Xiaomu
Yuri Lowell & Velvet Crowe
Kite & Black Rose
Jin & Kazuya
Alisa Bosconovitch & Alisa Ilinichina Amiella just to **** with everybody
Lloyd Irving & Colette Brunel
Sophitia Alexandra & Cassandra Alexandra
Flynn Scifo & Estellise Sidos Heurassein
that SRW duo I forget their names
Alphen & Shionne (Tales of Arise)

Capcom

Morrigan & Demitri
Ryu & Ken Masters
Chris Redfield & Jill Valentine
X & Zero
Lady & Trish
Felicia & Hsien-Ko
Vergil & Nero

Sega

Joker & Yu Narukami
Sakura Shinguji & Sakura Amamiya
Arle Nadja & Tee
Akira Yuki & Pai
Zephyr & Leanne
Tatsuya Suou & Maya Amano (yes, give P2 more love than Atlus ever will)
ONE duo from Shinobi. JUST ONE. and idek who. use whomever has the coolest designs and moves ig
Someone from Shining Resonance Refrain, haven't played in ages so don't recall any names
Toma & Cyrille
Vyse & Aika

Nintendo

Pearl & Marina (MOVESET INCLUDED, COMING IN ANOTHER POST)
Chrom & Lucina
Shulk & Fiora
Byleth Eisner (male) & Officer Howard from Astral Chain (Female) YES THEY'RE COMPLETELY CLASHING AESTHETICS OF PAST AND FUTURE WHICH MAKES THIS PERFECT SCREW YOU.
Pit & Palutena
Elma & Pyra/Mythra (Pyra and Mythra swap between each other in some moves; in the Super Pythra transforms into Pneuma while Elma goes into her true form cause **** it she can)

Konami (NEW COMPANY)

Simon Belmont & Richter Belmont

Square Enix (NEW COMPANY)

Cloud Strife & Tifa Lockhart
Neku Sakuraba & Daisukenojo "Beat" Bito
YoRHa No.2 Type B & YoRHa No.9 Type S (...aka 2B & 9S)

SNK (NEW COMPANY)

Haohmaru & Nakoruru

Falcom (NEW COMPANY)

Estelle Bright & Rean Schwarzer

Combos

Dante (Capcom) & Bayonetta (Sega)
Ulala (Sega) & Haruka Amami (Bandai Namco) Y'ALL AIN'T READY.
KOS-MOS (Bandai Namco) & Aigis (Sega)
Captain Falcon (Nintendo) & Terry Bogard (SNK)
Chun-li (Capcom) & Xiaoyu (Bandai Namco)
Arthur (Capcom) & Gilgamesh (Tower of Druaga; Bandai Namco)
Bill Rizer (Konami) & Marco Rossi (SNK)
New Game Plus only T-elos (Bandai Namco) & Sephiroth (Square Enix) and not because I ship them or anything

Solos

Bandai Namco

Kyoko Kuremi/Alphamon
Milla Maxwell (wow I'm giving Tales a lot of love)
Siegfried Schtauffen (joins after Nightmare is defeated for the final time)
Haseo (.hack G.U.)
Valkyrie
Saya

Capcom

Phoenix Wright & Maya Fey (technically a duo but treated as a solo just like in 2)
Frank West
Leon Kennedy
Viewtiful Joe
New Game Plus only Albert Wesker

Sega

Segata Sanshiro
Kiryu Kazuma
Gemini Sunrise
Vashyron
Jeanne
Balder (starts as a boss)
Beat (Jet Set Radio)
Axel Stone
Crow (after being defeated for the final time)

Konami

Solid Snake
Adrian Fahrenheit “Alucard” Tepes
Cheryl “Heather” Mason

Square Enix

Fayt Leingod
YoRHa Type A No.2 (aka A2)
Eight (Dragon Quest VIII)
Yoshiya "Joshua" Kiryu
Kid (Chrono Cross)
Aya Brea

Nintendo

Min Min (**** it decided to make her solo)
Dark Pit
Samus Aran (starts in Zero Suit, equips Power Suit for the final attack)

SNK

Mai Shiranui

Falcom

Adol Christin

Bosses

Bandai Namco

T-elos
Nightmare (becomes Siegfried solo unit when defeated for the final time)
Skeith (.hack IMOQ)
Druaga
Saya (becomes solo unit later)

Capcom

Juri Han
Rathalos
Deviljho
Albert Wesker (FR how has he not been in X Zone yet?????)

Sega

Crow
Tohru Adachi
Dark Prince (Puyo Puyo)
Balder (becomes solo unit after defeated the last time)
Loptr
...uhhh crap what are other Sega bosses I can use? Can I maybe use Eggman WITHOUT Sonic?

Nintendo

Metal Face
Xenoblade X Spoilers Lao Huang
Malos
Edelgard FE3H spoilers
DJ Octavio feat. Callie (Callie later becomes a friendly NPC)
Octo Expansion spoilers Hijacked Agent 3 (male)
Akira Howard (Male, Officer Howard's twin brother who turns bad) Astral Chain spoilers
Medusa
Ridley
Black Shadow (hey it's more respect F-Zero will get than Nintendo ever will give)
Dr. Coyle

Square Enix

Sephiroth
Sho Minamimoto
Dhoulmagus (Dragon Quest VIII)

Konami

Grey Fox
Vlad “Dracula” Tepes
Pyramid Head
Senator Armstrong NANOMACHINES, SON!

SNK

Geese Howard

Falcom

Arianrhod

NPCs

Bandai Namco

Shion Uzuki

Capcom

Palico
Miles Edgeworth
Dan Hibiki :4pacman:

Sega

Skull
Violet
Oracle
Morgana
Ringo (Puyo Puyo)
Yosuke Hanamura
Rise Kujikawa
Teddie
Naoto Shirogane
Blaze Fielding

Nintendo

Tiki
Sothis
Dunban (Fiora alluded to him in PXZ2, why the translation called him Shulk is beyond me, she said "onii-chan" which clearly means older brother thus she meant Dunban)
Marie
Callie (becomes friendly NPC after defeated for the last time)
Agent 3 (male)
Agent 8 (female)
Spring Man
Ninjara
Lin Lee Koo
Tatsu (IF I INCLUDE LIN I HAVE TO INCLUDE HIM TOO. BE GLAD HE'S NOT ****ING BOZE.)
Rex (LMAO EVEN IN X ZONE HE GETS SHAFTED)
Nia (occasionally transforms into Blade Form for plot reasons)

Konami

Raiden (Revengeance)

Square Enix

Aerith Gainsborough
Shiki Misaki
Raimu “Rhyme” Bito
Yangus

SNK

Athena Asamiya
Kyo Kusanagi

Falcom

Joshua Bright

Name-dropped (mentioned by other characters but don’t actually appear in the story)

Heihachi Mishima (RIP his VO)
Cap’n Cuttlefish
Enzo
Barret Wallace
Balmung (.hack)
Melia Antiqua
Robin (gender kept ambiguous)
Tharja
Ribbon Girl
Twintelle
Labrys
Jena Anderson (Astral Chain)
Kogoro & Mii (they’ll never be playable again, but can be mentioned in passing)

Debating on adding

Compile Heart as a company (Neptunia, Fairy Fencer F)
Trauma Center/Team representation of some kind

wew that was loooooooooooong. i feel like some faves from 1 & 2 may be missing and no im still not bringing devilotte or neneko back hecc u

Last edited:

SpecterFlower

Smash Ace
gonna do something for SE not very well formatted because im making this on a whim

Pair's

Cloud and Tifa
Black Mage and White Mage
Yuna and TIdus
Terra and Locke
(im gonna put people who should be bosses as playable here cause they're cool) Exdeath and Gilgamesh
2B and 9S
devola and popula
Duran and Reisz
Angelo and Sylvando ( I need my bet boy's together)
Nekku and the girls name im forgetting right now (see what i mean on a whim/ none of this is being thought through?)

Solo

Kefka (screw being a boss)
Sephiroth
Cecil (can transform into light or dark, similar to dissidia)
Onion knight cause funny name
Yangus
DQ 5 hero
lightning
Chrono
weltall
idc if disney owns him sora

Bosses
Cloud Of Darkness (I spoiled FF3 basically by including her here but please don't play it, it's so bad)
Safer Sephiroth
Kefka's finale form
Dragon lord
Adam (& Eve)
Xehanort
Adam
Garland

quadruplet (yes a quadruplet)
Gloria and Seth and Adelle and Elvis

there's my really bad SE roster

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
gonna do something for SE not very well formatted because im making this on a whim

Pair's

Cloud and Tifa
Yuna and TIdus
Terra and Locke
(im gonna put people who should be bosses as playable here cause they're cool) Exdeath and Gilgamesh
2B and 9S
devola and popula
Duran and Reisz
Nekku and the girls name im forgetting right now (see what i mean on a whim/ none of this is being thought through?)

Solo

Sephiroth
Yangus
DQ 5 hero
lightning
Chrono
weltall

Bosses
Cloud Of Darkness (I spoiled FF3 basically by including her here but please don't play it, it's so bad)
Safer Sephiroth
Kefka's finale form
Dragon lord
Adam (& Eve)
Xehanort
Adam
Garland

What’s Adam (and Eve) from, what SE game?

Hadokeyblade

Smash Legend

Pair's

Cloud and Tifa
Yuna and TIdus
Terra and Locke
2B and 9S
devola and popula
Duran and Reisz

Solo

Sephiroth
Yangus
DQ 5 hero
lightning
Chrono
weltall

Bosses
Safer Sephiroth
Kefka's finale form
Dragon lord
Adam (& Eve)
Xehanort
Adam
Garland

If it wasnt for the Disney thing i could totally see Sora in a X zone plot.

Project X Zone games tend to pull characters from a specific point in their timelines where they could feasibly go on an adventure like this.

Sora has the perfect point for it, between the ending of 3DS and the beginning of KH3 where Sora just wanders off on his own for a bit, it's perfect.

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
anyway as promised here's the detailed Pearl & Marina moveset, they're the only characters I've thought of a detailed moveset for

Default move: Dualies (Pearl) and Brella (Marina) - their signature weapons
Left move: Charger (Pearl) and Roller (Marina) - Pearl uses Marie's signature weapon and Marina uses Callie's
Right move: Splatling (Pearl) & Bloblobber (Marina)
Up move: Inkjet (Pearl) & Splashdown (Marina)
Down move: Blaster (Pearl) & Octobrush (Marina)
Assist move: Booyah Bomb (Pearl) and Tenta Missles (Marina) - Marina actually goes first with the Tenta Missles and Booyah's enough for Pearl to use the Booyah Bomb
Super Move (I forget what they're called. EX?): Hyperbombs (Marina) & Princess Cannon (Pearl) - a remix of Fly Octo Fly ~ Ebb & Flow (Octo) similar to this plays as the camera shows Marina and Pearl, in their Octo Expansion outfits, boarding the heli as you can see Marina whipping out her laptop briefly, prompting Hyperbombs to drop near the enemy. A brief cut in of Agents 3 & 8 ensues as they detonate them, then Pearl descends with her Special ready. She whips out the Princess Cannon, and BOO-YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHH!!!

in another post i think i'll write up potential interactions i want to see

SpecterFlower

Smash Ace
I just assumed Parasite Eve. lol
lowkey same, I was like where's Aya?
Also if they get in in want this to be in here as well

I think I would probably get more excited for a new X zone than a Smash game, X zone has characters I care about much more than smash, characters that would never get into smash can get in here just cause it's almost exclusively anime styled games.

also zelda characters would be cool since it's anime styled as well.

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
Also if they get in in want this to be in here as well

I think I would probably get more excited for a new X zone than a Smash game, X zone has characters I care about much more than smash, characters that would never get into smash can get in here just cause it's almost exclusively anime styled games.

also zelda characters would be cool since it's anime styled as well.
Plus you’ve already got Smash overlap with Ryu, Ken, Chrom, Lucina, and if a third game comes to fruition, Bayonetta cause Kamiya will HAVE to say yes

and also Fiora and Zero for non playables in Smash

at least some MWs of mine like Elma can kinda... vicariously, meet Smash characters without actually being in Smash

SpecterFlower

Smash Ace
Plus you’ve already got Smash overlap with Ryu, Ken, Chrom, Lucina, and if a third game comes to fruition, Bayonetta cause Kamiya will HAVE to say yes

and also Fiora and Zero for non playables in Smash

at least some MWs of mine like Elma can kinda... vicariously, meet Smash characters without actually being in Smash
for me it also has the chance to expand on franchise in smash,

i really hope square enix joins in the fun this time around.

are there any hint's or really anything that point's to anther x zone?

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
Last edited:

osby

Smash Obsessed
Now that you mention “cut down on”, 2 had WAY too many Shinobi characters, I feel. Another hot take: don’t bring back Devilotte or Neneko. The former is from a JP exclusive game that’s even obscure as all hell in its homeland, the latter is only known in the west as an anime (the visual novels it’s based on were never localized)

still working on my roster I’ll probably post tomorrow if not after work today
I don't get this "too many Shinobi" thing. 2 had Hibana and Hotsuma and that was it. You mean too manyninja characters in general?

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
I don't get this "too many Shinobi" thing. 2 had Hibana and Hotsuma and that was it. You mean too manyninja characters in general?
Maybe that was it... I don’t remember too well

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
deep breath

Well, here's what I got so far, including things I'm debating on including. No furries or excessively cartoony characters, I'll consider Splatoon safe. Some of the OG companies (Sega, Capcom, Bamco) may be downsized and new companies may be limited in new characters but that's to have as much diversity as possible and keep everyone equally represented as possible.

Duos

Bandai Namco

Reiji & Xiaomu
Yuri Lowell & Velvet Crowe
Kite & Black Rose
Jin & Kazuya
Alisa Bosconovitch & Alisa (God Eater) just to **** with everybody
Lloyd Irving & Colette Brunel
Sophitia Alexandra & Cassandra Alexandra
Flynn Scifo & Estellise Sidos Heurassein
that SRW duo I forget their names
Alphen & Shionne (Tales of Arise)

Capcom

Morrigan & Demitri
Ryu & Ken Masters
Chris Redfield & Jill Valentine
X & Zero
Lady & Trish
Felicia & Hsien-Ko
Vergil & Nero

Sega

Joker & Yu Narukami
Sakura Shinguji & Sakura Amamiya
Arle Nadja & Tee
Akira Yuki & Pai
Zephyr & Leanne
Tatsuya Suou & Maya Amano (yes, give P2 more love than Atlus ever will)
ONE duo from Shinobi. JUST ONE. and idek who. use whomever has the coolest designs and moves ig
Someone from Shining Resonance Refrain, haven't played in ages so don't recall any names
Toma & Cyrille
Vyse & Aika

Nintendo

Pearl & Marina (MOVESET INCLUDED, COMING IN ANOTHER POST)
Chrom & Lucina
Shulk & Fiora
Byleth Eisner (male) & Officer Howard from Astral Chain (Female) YES THEY'RE COMPLETELY CLASHING AESTHETICS OF PAST AND FUTURE WHICH MAKES THIS PERFECT SCREW YOU.
Pit & Palutena
Elma & Pyra/Mythra (Pyra and Mythra swap between each other in some moves; in the Super Pythra transforms into Pneuma while Elma goes into her true form cause **** it she can)

Konami (NEW COMPANY)

Simon Belmont & Richter Belmont

Square Enix (NEW COMPANY)

Cloud Strife & Tifa Lockhart
Neku Sakuraba & Daisukenojo "Beat" Bito
YoRHa No.2 Type B & YoRHa No.9 Type S (...aka 2B & 9S)

SNK (NEW COMPANY)

Haohmaru & Nakoruru

Falcom (NEW COMPANY)

Estelle Bright & Rean Schwarzer

Combos

Dante (Capcom) & Bayonetta (Sega)
Ulala (Sega) & Haruka Amami (Bandai Namco) Y'ALL AIN'T READY.
KOS-MOS (Bandai Namco) & Aigis (Sega)
Captain Falcon (Nintendo) & Terry Bogard (SNK)
Chun-li (Capcom) & Xiaoyu (Bandai Namco)
Arthur (Capcom) & Gilgamesh (Tower of Druaga; Bandai Namco)
Bill Rizer (Konami) & Marco Rossi (SNK)
New Game Plus only T-elos (Bandai Namco) & Sephiroth (Square Enix) and not because I ship them or anything

Solos

Bandai Namco

Kyoko (Cyber Sleuth would it make sense for her to start as a boss??)
Milla Maxwell (wow I'm giving Tales a lot of love)
Siegfried (joins after Nightmare is defeated for the final time)
Haseo (.hack G.U.)
Valkyrie

Capcom

Phoenix Wright & Maya Fey (technically a duo but treated as a solo just like in 2)
Frank West
Leon Kennedy
Viewtiful Joe
New Game Plus only Albert Wesker

Sega

Segata Sanshiro
Kiryu Kazuma
Gemini Sunrise
Vashyron
Jeanne
Balder (starts as a boss)
Beat (Jet Set Radio)
Axel Stone
Crow (after being defeated for the final time)

Konami

Solid Snake
Alucard

Square Enix

Fayt Leingod
YoRHa Type A No.2 (aka A2)
Eight (Dragon Quest VIII)
Yoshiya "Joshua" Kiryu
Kid (Chrono Cross)

Nintendo

Min Min (**** it decided to make her solo)
Dark Pit
Samus Aran (starts in Zero Suit, equips Power Suit for the final attack)

SNK

Mai Shiranui

Falcom

Adol Christin

Bosses

Bandai Namco

T-elos
Nightmare (becomes Siegfried solo unit when defeated for the final time)
...some .hack antagonist I can't think of one rn
Druaga

Capcom

Juri Han
Rathalos
Deviljho
Albert Wesker (FR how has he not been in X Zone yet?????)

Sega

Crow
Tohru Adachi
Dark Prince (Puyo Puyo)
Balder (becomes solo unit after defeated the last time)
Loptr
...uhhh crap what are other Sega bosses I can use? Can I maybe use Eggman WITHOUT Sonic?

Nintendo

Metal Face
Xenoblade X Spoilers Lao
Malos
Edelgard FE3H spoilers
DJ Octavio feat. Callie (Callie later becomes a friendly NPC)
Octo Expansion spoilers Hijacked Agent 3 (male)
Akira Howard (Male, Officer Howard's twin brother who turns bad) Astral Chain spoilers
Medusa
Ridley
Black Shadow (hey it's more respect F-Zero will get than Nintendo ever will give)
Dr. Coyle

Square Enix

Sephiroth
Sho Minamimoto
Some DQ boss idk I haven't played much DQ

Konami

Grey Fox
Dracula
Senator Armstrong NANOMACHINES, SON!

SNK

Geese Howard

Falcom

....uhhhh idk any, got any to suggest?

NPCs

Bandai Namco

Shion Uzuki

Capcom

Palico
Miles Edgeworth
Dan Hibiki :4pacman:

Sega

Skull
Violet
Oracle
Morgana
Ringo (Puyo Puyo)
Yosuke Hanamura
Rise Kujikawa
Teddie
Naoto Shirogane

Nintendo

Tiki
Sothis
Dunban (Fiora alluded to him in PXZ2, why the translation called him Shulk is beyond me, she said "onii-chan" which clearly means older brother thus she meant Dunban)
Marie
Callie (becomes friendly NPC after defeated for the last time)
Agent 3 (male)
Agent 8 (female)
Spring Man
Ninjara
Lin Lee Koo
Tatsu (IF I INCLUDE LIN I HAVE TO INCLUDE HIM TOO. BE GLAD HE'S NOT ****ING BOZE.)
Rex (LMAO EVEN IN X ZONE HE GETS SHAFTED)
Nia (occasionally transforms into Blade Form for plot reasons)

Konami

Raiden (Revengeance)

Square Enix

Aerith Gainsborough
Shiki Misaki
Rhyme (aka Raimu Bito)
Yangus

SNK

Athena Asamiya
Kyo Kusanagi

Falcom

Joshua Bright

Name-dropped (mentioned by other characters but don’t actually appear in the story)

Heihachi Mishima (RIP his VO)
Cap’n Cuttlefish
Enzo
Barret Wallace
Balmung (.hack)

Debating on adding

Compile Heart as a company (Neptunia, Fairy Fencer F)
Trauma Center/Team representation of some kind

wew that was loooooooooooong. i feel like some faves from 1 & 2 may be missing and no im still not bringing devilotte or neneko back hecc u
aight i think im for the most part 100% satisfied with this roster

anyway, the interactions I wanted to see (various):

Battle
Joker, Yu and Aigis if KOS-MOS & Aigis assist Joker & Yu. throw Tatsuya & Maya in there too
Estellise (ToV) and Estelle (Trails) if Flynn/Estellise and Estelle/Rean are in the same battle, like one assisting the other
Shulk & Fiora with Elma & Pythra
Dante & Bayonetta - they're already a duo here, but your basic "Oh you kill angels/demons? Cool, I've fought em too" (HAS Dante fought angels tho?)
Captain Falcon & Terry Bogard with Mai, Haohmaru & Nakoruru, Elma & Pythra, Chrom & Lucina (reference to Smash), Ryu & Ken (moreso on Terry's part than Falcon's), Samus, Min Min, and Byleth & Officer Howard
Chrom & Lucina with Shulk & Fiora (Lucina and Fiora are besties you can't convince me otherwise), Byleth & Officer Howard, Pit & Palutena, Min Min, Dark Pit, and Elma & Pythra
Tatsuya & Maya with Phoenix & Maya (English version joke only)
Pearl & Marina with ANY duo that has at least one Nintendo character, or Min Min, Dark Pit or Samus
Simon & Richter with Alucard
Neku with Cloud
Any Tales characters with each other
Neku & Beat with Beat (JSR)
Bill & Marco with Snake
Sophitia & Cassandra with Siegfried
2B & 9S with A2. In fact, KOS-MOS, X, Zero, Alisa Bosconovitch and Aigis can interact with them too cuz androids. Fiora's a cyborg, she doesn't count

Story
Lucina and Naoto (NPC) interacting based on the fact they've had to pretend to be boys, for differing reasons
Captain Falcon and Dunban (NPC) - stealth VO joke as they have the same VO
Chris calling Jill the Master of Unlocking at one point and Jill being pissed, just like when he tried to make a Jill Sandwich joke
Frank West photographing basically everyone and giving various reactions just like in the first game
Shulk & Fiora mistaking Tatsu for Riki, and Pyra/Mythra mistaking him for Tora
Obligatory Segata Sanshiro telling everyone, EVERYONE, to play the Sega Saturn. Even Rathalos who's a &%#$ing DRAGON.
Typical villains taunting the heroes of their same series-type interactions just like in games past
T-elos and Sephiroth's interactions are total ship teases. NO I DON'T SHIP THEM WHATEVER DO YOU MEAN. hides her Sephlos fanfiction

New Game Plus only (SPOILERS for my concept)

T-elos & Sephiroth interact with Cloud & Tifa, KOS-MOS & Aigis, and fellow NG+ only unit Albert Wesker (solo) after battles. Wesker interacts with Chris & Jill if he's paired with them. Nobody else. No story interactions as their playable variants are technically non-canon. To distinguish them from their story counterparts, T-elos has her XC2 appearance, Sephiroth is shirtless, and Wesker has his RE0 design (enemy variant has RE5 design)

and those are just a few notable ones i could think of. I think the best part of PXZ is the character interactions

Last edited:

cashregister9

Smash Hero

Bandai Namco
-Reiji & Xiaomu
-Haken & Kaguya
-Ciel & Alisa
-Yuri & Lloyd
-Kite & Black Rose
-Saya & Katana
-KOS-MOS & Fiora
-Soma & Haseo
-Jin & Kazuya
-Don-chan & Haruka
-Nightmare & Siegfried

Capcom
-Morrigan & Felicia
-Dante & Vergil
-X & Zero
-Guy & Cody
-Protoman & Bass

-Chris & Jill
-Leon & Claire
-Ryu & Ken
-Chun-li & Juri Han
-Frank & Hsien-ko
-Batsu & Akira
-Lady & Trish

SEGA
-Akira Yuki & Pai-chan
-Ogami & Kamiyama
-Erica & Gemini
-Kiryu & Majima
-Akiyama & Saejima
-Zephyr & Leanne
-Kurt & Riela
-Welkin & Alicia
-Morgana & Teddie
-Joker & Yu Narukami
-Bayonetta & Jeanne

Nintendo
-Chrom & Lucina
-Pyra & Mythra
-Alphonse & Sharena

Combination
-Strider Hiryu & Hotsuma
-Tron Bonne & BB Hood
-T-Elos & Elma

Solo Units

Bandai Namco
-Flynn
-Valkyrie
-Natsu
-Aty
-Heihachi
-Sanger Zonvolt
-Neneko
-Lindow
-Kamen Rider 2
-Kamen Rider Zi-O

-Nana Kouzuki
-Klonoa

Capcom
-Captain Commando
-Nero
-June Lin Milliam
-Ingrid
-Mike Haggar
-Viewtiful Joe

-Arthur
-Devilotte
-Jon Talbain
-Dan Hibiki
-Rathalos
-Rashid

Sega
-Ichiban
-Vashyron
-Ulala
-Kage-maru
-Hibana
-Ryo Hazuki
-Aigis
-Imca
-Bruno
-Rikiya
-Bahn
-Alis Landale

Nintendo
-Poppi
-Tiki

Arc System Works

Pairs
-Sol & Ky
-Kunio & Riki
-Billy & Jimmy Lee
-Ragna & Jin Kisaragi
-May & Johnny
-Baiken & Answer
-Ramlethal & Elphelt
-Dizzy & Sin
-Kokone & Mitsuyoshi

Solo
-Bang Shishigami
-Noel Vermillion
-Taokaka
-Nagoriyuki
-Axl Low
-Willy
-Jake Hunter
-Kyoko and Misako
-Potemkin
-Kagemaru
-Kobayashi
-Jack-O
-Hazama

Here is an expansion to mine maybe in a theoretical game it could be DLC or whatever

New company

Falcom

Pairs
-Estelle & Joshua
-Adol & Dogi
-Rean & Juna
-Lloyd & Rixia
-Pokuru & Pippiro
-Hugo & Yunica
-Jurio & Christina

Solo
-The Gurumins
-Dana
-Feena
-Aisha
-Elie
-Alisa
-Dora
-Olivier
-Scherazard
-Zin
-Geis

Last edited:

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
If it were to have DLC I guess I can throw in some more. No interactions with anyone, story or otherwise, as they’re DLC.

Idea Factory/Compile Heart (DLC ONLY COMPANY)

Neptune/Purple Heart & Noire/Black Heart

Arc System Works (DLC ONLY COMPANY)

Sol Badguy & Ragna the Bloodedge

Square Enix

Edge Maverick & Reimi Saionji - yes I like The Last Hope, got a problem with that?

Sega

Derek Stiles & Naomi Kimishima - how will they work? Idk. I just love Trauma Center aight

as for gameplay mechanics, bring back that time slowing/stopping thing from 2, and maybe add a “synergy bonus” system where if a duo and solo are from the same series or even company they’ll get a strength and defense boost. Series amounts for more of a boost than company, and obviously the more characters in common, the greater the boost

Last edited:

Speed Weed

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-1814-1029-3514
TBH I was never a big fan of just piling new companies onto new companies with PxZ3 concepts - the companies that are already involved still have so much untapped potential that IMO it almost feels like a bit of a waste to focus on continuing to add a bajillion guest companies over further exploring the ones that are already in: all 4 of which still have a pretty ****ing big library of good characters to pull from. I mean, technically speaking, Nintendo haven't even gotten the "full" treatment yet!

Last edited:
Top Bottom