• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project X Zone 3 Ideas?

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
To be fair I only pulled in very limited quantities from new companies, and only their most well known characters (slight exception for hypothetical DLC)

I did give Nintendo as much of a boost as possible as well as added new IPs from the other base 3

Last edited:

Speed Weed

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-1814-1029-3514
To be fair I only pulled in very limited quantities from new companies, and only their most well known characters (slight exception for hypothetical DLC)

I did give Nintendo as much of a boost as possible as well as added new IPs from the other base 3
Eh, I was talking a bit more in general. I've seen rosters that just go utterly ****ing nuts with new companies after new companies, but then play it really safe with the already-involved ones, which I simply do not vibe with

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
Eh, I was talking a bit more in general. I've seen rosters that just go utterly ****ing nuts with new companies after new companies, but then play it really safe with the already-involved ones, which I simply do not vibe with
Bro I seen one on a wiki that even pulled in western companies and... cartoons?? Wut?

the one I saw that included Genshin Impact (only 2 characters) on I think Fantendo, along with Konami, Square Enix and SNK was decent though, albeit a bit packed

‘‘Twas actually Game Ideas Wiki, here ya go

oh crap. I should also add a Dark Souls boss to my roster probably

Last edited:

Starlight Liger

Smash Journeyman
Square Enix Team Units
Cloud (Final Fantasy VII) and Lightning (Final Fantasy XIII)
Clive Rosfield (Final Fantasy XVI) and Terra Branford (Final Fantasy VI)
Lara Croft (Tomb Raider) and Aya Brea (Parasite Eve)
Serge (Chrono Cross) and Kid (Chrono Cross)
Roddick Farrence (Star Ocean) and Rina Lanford (Star Ocean: The Second Story)
Adam Jensen (Deus Ex) and 2B (Nier Automata)

Square Enix Solo Units
Raziel (Legacy of Kain)
Sion Barzahd (The Bouncer)
Joshua (The World Ends with You)
Burn Griffiths (Psychic Force) [TAITO]
Fei Fong Wong (Xenogears)

Square Enix Antagonist Units
Sephiroth (Final Fantasy VII)
Kefka (Final Fantasy VI)
Mitochondria Eve (Parasite Eve)
Lynx (Chrono Cross)
Luther Lansfield (Star Ocean: Till the End of Time)
Bob Page (Deus Ex)
Kain (Legacy of Kain)
Keith Evans (Psychic Force) [TAITO]
Miang (Xenogears)
Space Invaders Monster (Space Invaders) [TAITO]

Last edited:

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
Square Enix Team Units
Cross (Chrono Cross) and Kid (Chrono Cross)

Square Enix Solo Units
Raziel (Legacy of Kain)
Burn (Psychic Force) [TAITO]

Kefka (Final Fantasy VI)
Lynx (Chrono Cross)
Bob Page (Deus Ex)
Kain (Legacy of Kain)
Keith (Psychic Force) [TAITO]
Miang (Xenogears)
Yooooo Star Ocean AND Chrono Cross, I like it :shades:

btw his names Serge not Cross

Last edited:

Starlight Liger

Smash Journeyman
Yooooo Star Ocean AND Chrono Cross, I like it :shades:

btw his names Serge not Cross
That's for pointing that out, I've amended the errors. Chrono Cross has never released in Europe even the PSOne Classic digital edition so I never played it.

I originally thought of adding Dragon Quest characters but the rights to the Dragon Quest series are owned by multiple parties. I chose the most popular Eidos characters to be part of the roster and I selected Psychic Force by Taito as it's the kind of obscure franchise that would work with Project X Zone just like Star Gladiator did. Lufia, just like Dragon Quest, has ownership rights by multiple parties which is why it didn't make the cut and the Space Invaders monster is another Sega Sanshiro like character.

Square Enix would be the perfect addition for Project X Zone 3 assuming it ever happens and that Square Enix are willing to loan their characters.

SpecterFlower

Smash Ace
Square Enix Team Units
Serge (Chrono Cross) and Kid (Chrono Cross)

Square Enix Solo Units
Raziel (Legacy of Kain)
Burn Griffiths (Psychic Force) [TAITO]

Kefka (Final Fantasy VI)
Lynx (Chrono Cross)
Bob Page (Deus Ex)
Kain (Legacy of Kain)
Keith Evans (Psychic Force) [TAITO]
Miang (Xenogears)
would these be the first western characters in x zone? im pretty sure there are none in x zone 2 though i could be wrong.

Starlight Liger

Smash Journeyman
would these be the first western characters in x zone? im pretty sure there are none in x zone 2 though i could be wrong.
Yeah, it would. But Eidos assets were transferred to Square Enix Europe sometime after the merger, so nowadays, those characters go by the Square Enix branding.

osby

Smash Obsessed
TBH I was never a big fan of just piling new companies onto new companies with PxZ3 concepts - the companies that are already involved still have so much untapped potential that IMO it almost feels like a bit of a waste to focus on continuing to add a bajillion guest companies over further exploring the ones that are already in: all 4 of which still have a pretty ****ing big library of good characters to pull from. I mean, technically speaking, Nintendo haven't even gotten the "full" treatment yet!
Tbf, I don't think Nintendo would even get any characters if it wasn't for Intelligent Systems and Monolith Soft. Nintendo is not a big fan of lending their properties to other companies and I can't really see them going overboard with characters like Link and Samus.

Capybara Gaming

Just Vibing
I tried to show a little restraint with my roster. I kept my unit roster down to 40 per (solo and pair). There's definitely a tad bit of personal bias thrown in here, but I kept to the rule of "humanoids only." I wanted to balance out the original three companies as much as possible, give a small boost to Nintendo, and added in minimal representation for the four companies I added (which my only rule was that they had to be Japanese companies.) The companies I added were SNK, Konami, Tecmo Koei, and Square Enix.

Without further ado, the roster.

Pair Units
1. Reiji Arisu & Xiaomu (Namco x Capcom)
2. Jin Kazama & Kazuya Mishima (Tekken)
3. Yuri Lowell & Lloyd Irving (Tales Of)
4. Kite & BlackRose (.hack)
5. Ciel Alencon & Nana Kozuki (God Eater)
6. Mitsurugi & Sophitia (Soul Calibur)
7. Tarosuke & Taira no Kagekiyo (Shadow Land/The Genji & the Heike Clans)

Solo Units
1. Heihachi Mishima (Tekken)
2. King (Tekken)
3. Velvet Crowe (Tales of Berseria)
4. Taki (Soul Calibur)
5. Neneko (Yumeria)
6. Haken Browning (Super Robot Wars)
7. KOS-MOS (Xenosaga)
8. Solaire of Astora (Dark Souls)
9. Aty (Summon Night)

Pair Units
1. Ryu & Ken Masters (Street Fighter)
2. Mega Man X & Zero (Mega Man X)
3. Dante & Nero (Devil May Cry)
4. Frank West & Hsien-Ko (Dead Rising/Darkstalkers)
5. Morrigan Aensland & Felicia (Darkstalkers)
6. Jill Valentine & Regina (Resident Evil/Dino Crisis)
7. Akira Kazama & Sakura Kasugano (Rival Schools/Street Fighter)

Solo Units
1. Captain Commando (Captain Commando)
2. Edward Falcon (Power Stone)
3. Arthur (Ghouls 'N' Ghosts)
4. Katt (Breath of Fire)
5. Vergil (Devil May Cry)
6. Tron Bonne & Servbots (Mega Man Legends)
7. Princess Devilotte de DeathSatan IX (Cyberbots)
8. June Lin Milliam (Star Gladiator)
9. Phoenix Wright & Maya Fey (Ace Attorney)

Pair Units
1. Sakura Shinguji & Gemini Sunrise (Sakura Wars)
2. Sakura Amamiya & Hatsuho Shinonome (Sakura Wars)
3. Akira Yuki & Jacky Bryant (Virtua Fighter)
4. Vyse & Aika (Skies of Arcadia)
5. Kazuma Kiryu & Goro Majima (Yakuza)
6. Joker & Yu Narukami (Persona)
7. Axel Stone & Blaze Fielding (Streets of Rage)

Solo Units
1. Erica Fontaine (Sakura Wars)
2. Ichiro Ogami (Sakura Wars)
3. Ryo Hazuki (Shenmue)
4. Ichiban Kasuga (Yakuza)
5. Ulala (Space Channel 5)
6. Segata Sanshiro
7. Aigis (Persona)
8. Larcen (Eternal Champions)
9. Gilius Thunderhead (Golden Axe)

Pair Units
1. Dimitri & Claude von Riegan (Fire Emblem)
2. Shulk & Rex (Xenoblade Chronicles)
3. Link & Zelda (The Legend of Zelda)

Solo Units
1. Chrom (Fire Emblem)
2. Captain Falcon (F-Zero)
3. Alexandra Roivas (Eternal Darkness: Sanity's Requiem)
4. Officer Howard (Astral Chain)
5. Ness (EarthBound)

Pair Units
1. Cloud Strife & Tifa Lockhart (Final Fantasy)
2. 2B & 9S (NieR: Automata)
3. Neku Sakuraba & Shiki Misaki (The World Ends with You)

Solo Units
1. Noctis Lucis Caelum (Final Fantasy)
2. Veronica (Dragon Quest)
3. Aya Brea (Parasite Eve)

Pair Units
1. Solid Snake & Revolver Ocelot (Metal Gear Solid)
2. Richter Belmont & Alucard (Castlevania)

Solo Units
1. Soma Cruz (Castlevania)
2. Raiden (Metal Gear Solid)

Pair Units
1. Terry Bogard & Ryo Sakazaki (Fatal Fury/The Art of Fighting)
2. Ralf Jones & Clark Still (Ikari Warriors)
3. Kyo Kusanagi & Iori Yagami (The King of Fighters)

Solo Units
1. Athena Asamiya (Psycho Soldier)
2. Marco Rossi (Metal Slug)
3. Nakoruru (Samurai Shodown)

Tecmo Koei
1. Ryu Hayabusa & Kasumi [Ninja Gaiden/Dead or Alive]

1. Pit & Valkyrie (Kid Icarus/Valkyrie no Densetsu) - Nintendo/Namco; Theme: Angelic Warriors
2. Chun-Li & Mai Shiranui (Street Fighter/Fatal Fury) - Capcom/SNK; Theme: First Ladies of Fighting Games
3. Strider Hiryu & Joe Musashi (Strider/Shinobi) - Capcom/SEGA; Theme: Ninjutsu
4. Leon Kennedy & Agent G (Resident Evil/House of the Dead) - Capcom/SEGA; Theme: Zombie Hunters
5. Takamaru & Haohmaru (The Mysterious Murasame Castle/Samurai Shodown) - Nintendo/SNK; Theme: Ronin
6. Samus Aran & Bayonetta (Metroid/Bayonetta) - Nintendo/SEGA; Theme: Badass ******* (Meant in the best way possible); Magic vs. Tech
7. Isaac & Alis Landale (Golden Sun/Phantasy Star) - Nintendo/SEGA; Theme: Sword & Sorcery Combo Characters from forgotten works

Tomorrow, if ya'll are interested, I actually have musical selections picked out for them all when selected. My goal when building this roster was to give it an update with some characters unique from each previous game, to provide as many potential character interactions as possible, and to "update" series that have had new releases since PXZ2 in some cases. I really would've liked to include some characters from western games and companies, as well as bring Klonoa back into the series, but the "humanoids only" rule kept that from happening. Fun note, I even dragged out a pair from Namco x Capcom for a little nostalgia.

Tales' roster got shifted to include more of it's series, Resonance of Fate, being a one-off game that hasn't been re-released in years, got it's three characters axed down to just one. Many cuts had to be made, but I think I did a decent job.

Yeah, I'll admit there's a little Sakura Wars bias, but I had a new waifu to include, and there's a story reason in Sakura Wars 2020 that I made those two a pair; bite me! (softly uwu) I couldn't cut anyone since I like all of those characters, and in this hypothetical world there's an HD re-release of the series in the west.

Link talks through a fairy.

Oh, and I really wanted to include Selvaria Bles, but she can just be an enemy unit again. Or maybe a special New Game+ reward? Idk.

Last edited:

osby

Smash Obsessed
Characters I want to see in a sequel part 2: Bandai-Namco

• Taizo Hori from Dig Dug as a Solo Unit. This is... mostly for fun. I think his Namco x Capcom incarnation was hilarious.
  • Maybe another Tekken character aside from the usual suspects? I think Shaheen could be an interesting addition that can be initially a Rival Unit.
  • New Tales characters. I'd keep Yuri but make the new Pair Unit from Berseria: Velvet Crowe & Laphicet.
  • Siegfried & Mitsurugi from Souls series as a Pair Unit. Natsu is cool but I think her franchise can use a bit more characters.
  • Louis Amamiya & Mia Karnstein from Code Vein. Have them interact with Demitri.
  • An iDOLM@STER character as a Solo Unit. Not sure how they'll handle it but there were a few in Granblue Fantasy so it's not impossible.
  • A retro throwback character. Either bring back Wonder Momo or add Prince Paco from Marvel Land.

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
Tbf, I don't think Nintendo would even get any characters if it wasn't for Intelligent Systems and Monolith Soft. Nintendo is not a big fan of lending their properties to other companies and I can't really see them going overboard with characters like Link and Samus.
Maybe not Link, and definitely not the Mario Bros. due to how cartoony they are that clashes with their “serious” anime aesthetic, but I think Samus MIGHT be safe. And DEFINITELY I can see Captain Falcon and the Howard twins from Astral Chain happening

osby

Smash Obsessed
Maybe not Link, and definitely not the Mario Bros. due to how cartoony they are that clashes with their “serious” anime aesthetic, but I think Samus MIGHT be safe. And DEFINITELY I can see Captain Falcon and the Howard twins from Astral Chain happening
Yeah, I can see Howard joining the roster, especially if we get more Platinum characters like Bayo. I can see them having interactions with Persona users or Strider Hiryu. Also;

Characters I want to see in a sequel part 3: Capcom

• A new Darkstalker Solo Unit. Felicia and Hsien-Ko were pretty fun and already appeared in multiple crossovers but a new addition might shake things up a little bit. My choice would be Jon Talbain or Lilith.
  • Edward Falcon from Power Stone. I think he has the potential to be an interesting addition with his transforming mechanic and adventurer personality.
  • Kaijin No Soki from Onimusha. I know he's not the most logical pick but I really liked how he plays in Tatsunoko vs. Capcom.
  • Ryu & Nina from Breath of Fire III as a Pair Unit. They seem to be pretty popular and I dig the designs. Plus, Capcom can use a few RPG characters.
  • Nero from Devil May Cry. He can pair up with Vergil if Dante's partner is replaced with Bayonetta. He's my favorite DMC character so I'd love to see him in.
  • Regina from Dino Crisis as half of a Pair Unit, maybe with Jill while Chris pairs up with newcomer Claire Redfield. She was already in Namco x Capcom so why not?
  • Roll, specifically from Mega Man 11. I just think she's neat. Plus, if Tron only returns as a Rival Unit, a new playable Mega Man character would be nice.
  • Honorable mentions because it's Capcom: Mike Haggar, June & Hayato, Cammy, Viewtiful Joe, Saki Omokane, bring back Frank West and Arthur.

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
Crap, I knew I was forgetting Arthur! Maybe I’ll pair him with Gil (Tower of Druaga, currently a solo unit) I liked the idea the Game Ideas Wiki concept had

dezeray112

Smash Hero
For my picks for Nintendo guest characters:
  • If they want someone from the Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild, I think they could look to give the Champions of Hyrule a bit more of a spotlight. So I think perhaps a solo pair up with Daruk and Mipha with Revali or Urbosa as a solo unit.
  • I could see Xenoblade Chronicles 2's Pyra teaming up with Mythra as a pair unit.
  • For Fire Emblem, I could see Byleth pairing up with Edelgard with Claude as a solo unit.

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
Ok so here’s a Elma/Pythra PXZ3 move set with a few liberties taken

Music choices: XC2 Battle, XC2 UM theme, Black Tar (instrumental), Uncontrollable (instrumental)

Default move: Sliding Slinger & Prominence Revolt
Left move: Shadowstrike & Photon Edge
Right Move: Executioner & Flame Nova
Up Move: Violent Streak & Lightning Buster
Down Move: Stream Edge & Blazing End
Assist move: Verus & Siren (Elma and Mythra get in their respective mechs)
EX Move: Elemental Burst (Pneuma) & Hundred Shells (Elma, who jumps into her true form for some reason. Lucina randomly transformed into her Bride form for her 2 EX with Chrom so Elma can do this idc) Uncontrollable Instrumental (the second chorus part) plays all the while

Last edited:

SpecterFlower

Smash Ace
monolithsoft is fully Nintendo so if xenoblade can get in link can probably get in as well, they have similar rules applied to them whereas kirby, pokemon and fire emblem can be more flexible with what they do.

Capybara Gaming

Just Vibing
I ended up deciding to cut Zephyr in favor of Segata Sanshiro.

Here are the themes I ended up going with for the roster.
Reiji Arisu - Arisu in Fluxtown - Namco x Capcom
Xiaomu - The Path to Certain Victory - Namco x Capcom
Jin Kazama - Jin Kazama - Tekken 3
Kazuya Mishima - Burning - Tekken 6
Yuri Lowell - Furnace of War - Tales of Vesperia
Lloyd Irving - Fatalize - Tales of Symphonia
Kite & BlackRose - Stairs of Time - .hack//link
Ciel Alencon - No Way Back - God Eater 2
Nana Kozuki - F.A.T.E. - God Eater 2
Mitsurugi - The Blade Seeker - Soul Calibur III
Sophitia - Wings of Faith - Soul Calibur
Tarosuke - BGM - Shadowland
Kagekiyo - Yo****sune - The Genji and the Heike Clans
Heihachi Mishima - Mishima Dojo - Tekken 7
King - King - Tekken 3
Velvet Crowe - Shout Your Soul - Tales of Berseria
Taki - Brave Sword, Braver Soul - Soul Calibur II
Neneko - Curiosity and the Cat - Yumeria
Haken Browning - All Correct! - Super Robot Wars: Endless Frontier
KOS-MOS - She's Coming Back - Xenosaga Episode III
Solaire of Astora - Knight Artorias - Dark Souls
Aty - The Sun's Calling - Summon Night 3
Ryu - Theme of Ryu - Street Fighter II
Ken - Theme of Ken - Street Fighter II
X - Opening Stage - Mega Man X3
Zero - Theme of Zero - Mega Man X
Dante - Devils Never Cry (Staff Roll) - Devil May Cry 3
Nero - Devil Trigger - Devil May Cry V
Frank West - His Name's Frank - Dead Rising 2: Off the Record
Hsien-Ko - Hsien-Ko Stage (China) - Night Warriors: Darkstalkers' Revenge
Morrigan Aensland - Deserted Chateau - Darkstalkers 3
Felicia - Felicia Stage (U.S.A.) - Night Warriors: Darkstalkers' Revenge
Jill Valentine - Fighting in the Flames (Unstoppable Nemesis) - Resident Evil 3 Remake
Regina - Regina's Challenge - Dino Crisis 2
Akira Kazama - At the Riverbed in Front of Evil High School - Rival Schools: United by Fate
Sakura Kasugano - Precious Heart - Street Fighter EX3
Captain Commando - City (Stage 1) - Captain Commando
Edward Falcon - Londo Stage - Power Stone
Arthur - Haunted Graveyard - Ghouls 'N' Ghosts
Katt - Cross Counter - Breath of Fire II
Vergil - Vergil Battle 3 - Devil May Cry 3
Tron Bonne & Servbots - Flutter vs. the Gesellschaft - Mega Man Legends
Princess Devilotte - Super 8 - Cyberbots
June Lin Milliam - Against the Absolute - Plasma Sword: Star Gladiator 2
Phoenix Wright & May Fey - Pursuit ~ Keep Pressing On
Sakura Shinguji - Attack! Imperial Floral Assault Group - Sakura Wars
Gemini Sunrise - Warriors of the Earth - Sakura Wars: So Long, My Love
Sakura Amamiya - I'm a Maiden - New Sakura Wars
Hatsuho Shinonome - Woman! The Spirit of the Festival - New Sakura Wars
Akira Yuki - Ride the Tiger - Virtua Fighter 2
Jacky Bryant - Jacky Bryant (City) - Virtua Fighter 5
Vyse - Vyse's Theme - Skies of Arcadia
Aika - Battle 1 - Skies of Arcadia
Kazuma Kiryu - Funk Goes On - Yakuza
Goro Majima - Flirt with Bomb - Yakuza Kiwami
Joker - Last Surprise - Persona 5
Yu Narukami - Time to Make History - Persona 4 Golden
Axel Stone & Blaze Fielding - Go Straight - Streets of Rage 2
Erica Fontaine - Under the Imperial Flag - Sakura Wars 3: Is Paris Burning?
Ichiro Ogami - Move Out, Imperial Floral Assault Group! - Sakura Wars
Ryo Hazuki - Main Theme - Shenmue
Ichiban Kasuga - Kamurocho Battle - Yakuza: Like a Dragon
Ulala - Mexican Flyer - Space Channel 5
Segata Sanshiro - Sega Saturn, Shiro! - Theme of Segata Sanshiro
Aegis - Wiping All Out - Persona 3 Portable
Larcen - Larcen Stage - Eternal Champions
Gilius Thunderhead - The Wilderness - Golden Axe
Dimitri & Claude von Riegan - Fodlan Winds - Fire Emblem: Three Houses
Shulk - You Will Know Our Names - Xenoblade Chronicles
Rex - Incoming! - Xenoblade Chronicles 2
Link - Overworld - The Legend of Zelda
Zelda - Zelda's Lullaby - The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time
Chrom - Conquest (Ablaze) - Fire Emblem: Awakening
Captain Falcon - Theme of Captain Falcon - F-Zero GX
Alexandra Roivas - Black Rose - Eternal Darkness: Sanity's Requiem
Officer Howard - Dark Hero - Astral Chain
Ness - Onett - EarthBound
Cloud Strife - Those Who Fight - Final Fantasy VII
Tifa Lockheart - Those Who Fight Further - Final Fantasy VII
2B - The Weight of the World - NieR: Automata
9S - City Ruins - Rays of Light - NieR: Automata
Neku Sakuraba - Twister - The World Ends with You
Shiki Misaki - Calling - The World Ends with You
Noctis Lucis Caelum - Stand Your Ground - Final Fantasy XV
Veronica - Unflinchable Courage - Dragon Quest XI: Echoes of an Elusive Age
Aya Brea - Arise with You - Parasite Eve
Solid Snake - Encounter - Metal Gear Solid
Revolver Ocelot - Major Ocelot Battle - Metal Gear Solid 3: Snake Eater
Richter Belmont - Divine Bloodlines - Castlevania: Rondo of Blood
Alucard - Dance of Illusions - Castlevania: Symphony of the Night
Soma Cruz - Ruined Castle Corridor - Castlevania: Harmony of Depair
Raiden - Rules of Nature - Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance
Terry Bogard - Kurikinton - Fatal Fury 2
Ryo Sakazaki - Art of Fight - The Art of Fighting
Ralf Jones & Clark Still - Main Theme - Ikari Warriors
Kyo Kusanagi & Iori Yagami - New Order - The King of Fighters XIV
Athena Asamiya - Main Theme - Psycho Soldier
Marco Rossi - Main Theme - Metal Slug
Nakoruru - Banquet of Nature - Samurai Shodown
Ryu Hayabusa - Unbreakable Determination - Ninja Gaiden
Kasumi - Eternity - Dead or Alive 3
Pit - Underworld - Kid Icarus
Valkyrie - Main Theme - Legend of Valkyrie
Chun-Li - Theme of Chun-Li - Street Fighter II
Mai Shiranui - Flame Dragon God - Fatal Fury 2
Strider Hiryu - Raid! - Strider
Joe Musashi - Itaden - Shinobi III
Leon S. Kennedy - Collapse - Resident Evil 2 Remake
Agent G - Tragedy ~ A.M.S. Agent - The House of the Dead
Takamaru - Douchuumen - The Mysterious Murasame Castle
Haohmaru - Street of a Man - Samurai Shodown 2
Samus Aran - Theme of Samus Aran, Space Warrior - Super Metroid
Bayonetta - Tomorrow is Mine - Bayonetta 2
Isaac - Isaac Battle - Golden Sun
Alis Landale - Battle - Phantasy Star

SpecterFlower

Smash Ace
would souls count as a bamco rep? in japan its published by fromsoftware.

that would be like saying Dragon quest is a Nintendo franchises since it publishes mot of the games in the west (on their systems of course).

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
would souls count as a bamco rep? in japan its published by fromsoftware.

that would be like saying Dragon quest is a Nintendo franchises since it publishes mot of the games in the west (on their systems of course).
From Software develops it but I’m like 99% sure it’s a Bamco IP

SpecterFlower

Smash Ace
From Software develops it but I’m like 99% sure it’s a Bamco IP
Bamco Owns the Darksouls trademark, Fromsoftware owns the ip.

it's weird but basically if it get's in both have to participate. bandai namco can't toss it in without FS and FS can't use it without Bamco.

Last edited:

dezeray112

Smash Hero
I also think for Namco Bandai, I would love to see some Time Crisis and Splatterhouse representation. Maybe Time Crisis 5's Luke O'Neil and Marc Gadot as a pair unit whilst Keith Valentine and Rick Taylor as a solo unit.

Hadokeyblade

Smash Legend
I would want Klonoa to come back.

I don't care if they dont want furries on the playable roster, i just like Klonoa. lol

Starlight Liger

Smash Journeyman
Would Nintendo allow The Legend of Zelda characters to be featured in a game rated Teen? I don't think they would.

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
Would Nintendo allow The Legend of Zelda characters to be featured in a game rated Teen? I don't think they would.
Twilight Princess was rated T... the Hyrule Warriors games are too

unless by LOZ you actually meant Splatoon, which... idk. I’m sure some E10+ franchises were repped in PXZ before. Captain Falcon wouldn’t have a problem since GX was rated T.

Last edited:

dezeray112

Smash Hero
So based upon my previous posts here are some of my picks for pair and solo units (it's not quite perfect, but I thought I'll give it a go):

• Ryu & Ken (Street Fighter)
  • Chun-Li & Cammy White (Street Fighter)
  • Demitri Maximoff & Morrigan Aensland (Darkstalkers)
  • Jon Talbain* & Felicia (Darkstalkers)
  • Mike Haggar & Guy (Final Fight)
  • Batsu Ichimonji & Akira Kazama* (Rival Schools)
  • X & Zero (Megaman X)
  • Nero & V (Devil May Cry V)
  • Dante & Bayonetta** (Devil May Cry & Bayonetta)
  • Leon S. Kennedy & Claire Redfield (Resident Evil 2)*
  • Frank West & Chuck Greene* (Dead Rising)
  • Edward Falcon & Rouge* (Power Stone)
  • Asura & Amaterasu* (Asura's Wrath & Okami)
  • Phoenix Wright & Miles Edgeworth* (Ace Attorney)
  • Date Masamune & Sanada Yukimura* (Sengoku Basara)
  • Hayato Kanaki* & June Lin Milliam (Star Gladiator)
  • Captain Commando & Jin Saotome* (Captain Commando & Cyberbots)
  • Viewtiful Joe & Sexy Silvia

• Rashid* (Street Fighter)
  • Hsien-Ko (Darkstalkers)
  • Lucia Morgan* (Final Fight)
  • Nick Ramos* (Dead Rising 3)
  • Gene* (God Hand)
  • Monster Hunter* (Monster Hunter)
  • Ada Wong (Resident Evil 2)
  • Regina (Dino Crisis)
  • Arthur (Ghouls & Goblins)
  • Biff Slamkovich* (Saturday Night Slam Masters)
  • Maria Kyogoku* (Sengoku Basara)

• Gill (Street Fighter)
  • Bishamon (Darkstalkers)
  • Lord Raptor (Darkstalkers)
  • Oda Nobunaga (Sengoku Basara)
  • Albert Wesker (Resident Evil)
  • Dr. Bilstein (Star Gladiator)
  • Sigma (Megaman X)
  • Astaroth (Ghouls & Goblins)

• Akira Yuki & Jacky Bryant* (Virtua Fighter)
  • Sakura Amamiya & Seijuro Kamiyama* (Sakura Wars)
  • Hotsuma & Strider Hiryu** (Shinobi & Strider)
  • Axel Stone & Blaze Fielding (Streets of Rage)
  • Rolf & Nei* (Phantasy Star)
  • Claude Wallace & Riley Miller* (Valkyria Chronicles 4)
  • Beat & Gum* (Jet Set Radio)
  • Ryan Taylor & Kate Green* (House of the Dead: Scarlet Dawn)
  • Bahn & Honey Lemon*(Fighting Vipers)
  • Ryo Hazuki & Ren* (Shenmue)
  • Ax Battler & Tyris Flare* (Golden Axe)
  • Joker & Violet* (Persona 5)
  • Ichiban Kasuga & Saeko Mukoda* (Yakuza: Like a Dragon)
  • Yusaku Kudo & Yoko Konno* (Last Bronx)
  • Michael Hardy & James Cools* (Virtua Cop)
  • Vyse & Aika* (Skies of Arcadia)
  • Rent-a Hiro & Rent-a Hiroko* (Rent-a Hero No.1)
  • Zephyr & Leanne (Resonance of Fate)
  • Larcen Tyler & Shadow Yamato* (Eternal Champions)

• Sarah Bryant* (Virtua Fighter)
  • Alis Lansdale* (Phantasy Star)
  • Fila* (Skies of Arcadia)
  • Koichi Adachi* (Yakuza: Like a Dragon)
  • Segata Sanshiro
  • Vashyron (Resonance of Fate)
  • Kai Schulen or Raz* (Valkyria Chronicles 4)
  • Janet* (Virtua Cop)
  • Joe Inagaki* (Last Bronx)
  • Panther* (Persona 5)
  • Gilius Thunderhead* (Golden Axe)

• Ranmaru (Sakura Wars)
  • Valery Kaminski (Sakura Wars)
  • The Magician (House of the Dead)
  • Dural (Virtua Fighter)
  • Captain Onishima (Jet Set Radio)
  • Death Adder (Golden Axe)
  • Lasic (Phantasy Star)
  • Mr. X (Streets of Rage)

• Jin Kazama & Nina Williams (Tekken)
  • Ling Xiaoyu & Alisa Bosconovitch (Tekken)
  • Sophitia Alexandria & Seong Mi-Na* (SoulCalibur)
  • Killik & Chai Xianghua* (SoulCalibur)
  • Rexx* & Aty (Summon Night 3)
  • Luke O'Neil & Marc Gadot* (Time Crisis 5)
  • Kite & Haseo (.hack)
  • Velvet Crowe & Laphicet* (Tales of Beresia)
  • God Eater 3 Pair Unit*
  • Bravoman & Wonder-Momo (Bravoman & Wonder-Momo)
  • KOS-MOS & Shion Uzuki (Xenosaga)
  • Tarosuke & Alex Kidd** (Yokai Dochuki & Alex Kidd)
  • Klonoa & Mappy* (Klonoa & Mappy)
  • Gilgamesh & Ki (Tower of Druaga)
  • Brad Hawk & Shun Ying Lee* (Urban Reign)
  • Taizo Hori & Susumu Hori* (Dig Dug & Mr. Driller)
  • Toby Masuyo & Hiromi Tengenji (Baraduke & Burning Force)
  • Waya-Hime & Natsu (Bravoman & SoulCalibur)
  • Clovis Barclay & Amul (Dragon Valor & Dragon Spirit)

• Hwang Seong-Gyeong* (SoulCalibur)
  • Lili Rochefort* or King (Tekken)
  • Keith Valentine* (Time Crisis 5)
  • Valkyrie (Valkyrie no Bouken)
  • Sanger Zonvolt (Super Robot Wars)
  • God Eater 3 Solo Unit*
  • Rick Taylor* (Splatterhouse)
  • Eleanor Hume* (Tales of Berseria)
  • Arlen of Raxis* (Dragon Valor)
  • Black Rose (.hack)

• Nightmare (SoulCalibur)
  • Robert Baxter (Time Crisis 5)
  • Kazumi Mishima (Tekken 7)
  • Artorious Collbrande (Tales of Berseria)
  • God Eater Villain
  • Amazona (Wonder Momo)
  • Black Bravo (Bravoman)
  • Janga (Klonoa)

• Byleth & Edelgard (Crimson Flower Route) (Fire Emblem: Three Houses)
  • Pyra & Mythra (Xenoblade Chronicles 2)

• Dimitri (Evil Version) (Fire Emblem: Three Houses)
  • Malos & Jin (Xenoblade Chronicles 2)

Last edited:

Hadokeyblade

Smash Legend
In a hypothetical X Zone 3 i would want for the 2 Sakura's to have a story that's kinda similar to the .Hack characters from X Zone 2.
You know how Haseo was looking for the clone of Kite and the real Kite tagged along.

Just do that with Yasha and the 2 Sakura's.

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
You know, since this is a Nintendo-exclusive series that has had Nintendo characters appear in the second game, I think this should be moved to NintenZone.

NonSpecificGuy NonSpecificGuy since you’re a super mod, could you move it there?

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
deep breath

Well, here's what I got so far, including things I'm debating on including. No furries or excessively cartoony characters, I'll consider Splatoon safe. Some of the OG companies (Sega, Capcom, Bamco) may be downsized and new companies may be limited in new characters but that's to have as much diversity as possible and keep everyone equally represented as possible.

Duos

Bandai Namco

Reiji & Xiaomu
Yuri Lowell & Velvet Crowe
Kite & Black Rose
Jin & Kazuya
Alisa Bosconovitch & Alisa Ilinichina Amiella just to **** with everybody
Lloyd Irving & Colette Brunel
Sophitia Alexandra & Cassandra Alexandra
Flynn Scifo & Estellise Sidos Heurassein
that SRW duo I forget their names
Alphen & Shionne (Tales of Arise)

Capcom

Morrigan & Demitri
Ryu & Ken Masters
Chris Redfield & Jill Valentine
X & Zero
Lady & Trish
Felicia & Hsien-Ko
Vergil & Nero

Sega

Joker & Yu Narukami
Sakura Shinguji & Sakura Amamiya
Arle Nadja & Tee
Akira Yuki & Pai
Zephyr & Leanne
Tatsuya Suou & Maya Amano (yes, give P2 more love than Atlus ever will)
ONE duo from Shinobi. JUST ONE. and idek who. use whomever has the coolest designs and moves ig
Someone from Shining Resonance Refrain, haven't played in ages so don't recall any names
Toma & Cyrille
Vyse & Aika

Nintendo

Pearl & Marina (MOVESET INCLUDED, COMING IN ANOTHER POST)
Chrom & Lucina
Shulk & Fiora
Byleth Eisner (male) & Officer Howard from Astral Chain (Female) YES THEY'RE COMPLETELY CLASHING AESTHETICS OF PAST AND FUTURE WHICH MAKES THIS PERFECT SCREW YOU.
Pit & Palutena
Elma & Pyra/Mythra (Pyra and Mythra swap between each other in some moves; in the Super Pythra transforms into Pneuma while Elma goes into her true form cause **** it she can)

Konami (NEW COMPANY)

Simon Belmont & Richter Belmont

Square Enix (NEW COMPANY)

Cloud Strife & Tifa Lockhart
Neku Sakuraba & Daisukenojo "Beat" Bito
YoRHa No.2 Type B & YoRHa No.9 Type S (...aka 2B & 9S)

SNK (NEW COMPANY)

Haohmaru & Nakoruru

Falcom (NEW COMPANY)

Estelle Bright & Rean Schwarzer

Combos

Dante (Capcom) & Bayonetta (Sega)
Ulala (Sega) & Haruka Amami (Bandai Namco) Y'ALL AIN'T READY.
KOS-MOS (Bandai Namco) & Aigis (Sega)
Captain Falcon (Nintendo) & Terry Bogard (SNK)
Chun-li (Capcom) & Xiaoyu (Bandai Namco)
Arthur (Capcom) & Gilgamesh (Tower of Druaga; Bandai Namco)
Bill Rizer (Konami) & Marco Rossi (SNK)
New Game Plus only T-elos (Bandai Namco) & Sephiroth (Square Enix) and not because I ship them or anything

Solos

Bandai Namco

Kyoko (Cyber Sleuth would it make sense for her to start as a boss??)
Milla Maxwell (wow I'm giving Tales a lot of love)
Siegfried (joins after Nightmare is defeated for the final time)
Haseo (.hack G.U.)
Valkyrie
Saya

Capcom

Phoenix Wright & Maya Fey (technically a duo but treated as a solo just like in 2)
Frank West
Leon Kennedy
Viewtiful Joe
New Game Plus only Albert Wesker

Sega

Segata Sanshiro
Kiryu Kazuma
Gemini Sunrise
Vashyron
Jeanne
Balder (starts as a boss)
Beat (Jet Set Radio)
Axel Stone
Crow (after being defeated for the final time)

Konami

Solid Snake
Alucard

Square Enix

Fayt Leingod
YoRHa Type A No.2 (aka A2)
Eight (Dragon Quest VIII)
Yoshiya "Joshua" Kiryu
Kid (Chrono Cross)

Nintendo

Min Min (**** it decided to make her solo)
Dark Pit
Samus Aran (starts in Zero Suit, equips Power Suit for the final attack)

SNK

Mai Shiranui

Falcom

Adol Christin

Bosses

Bandai Namco

T-elos
Nightmare (becomes Siegfried solo unit when defeated for the final time)
Skeith (.hack IMOQ)
Druaga
Saya (becomes solo unit later)

Capcom

Juri Han
Rathalos
Deviljho
Albert Wesker (FR how has he not been in X Zone yet?????)

Sega

Crow
Tohru Adachi
Dark Prince (Puyo Puyo)
Balder (becomes solo unit after defeated the last time)
Loptr
...uhhh crap what are other Sega bosses I can use? Can I maybe use Eggman WITHOUT Sonic?

Nintendo

Metal Face
Xenoblade X Spoilers Lao Huang
Malos
Edelgard FE3H spoilers
DJ Octavio feat. Callie (Callie later becomes a friendly NPC)
Octo Expansion spoilers Hijacked Agent 3 (male)
Akira Howard (Male, Officer Howard's twin brother who turns bad) Astral Chain spoilers
Medusa
Ridley
Black Shadow (hey it's more respect F-Zero will get than Nintendo ever will give)
Dr. Coyle

Square Enix

Sephiroth
Sho Minamimoto
Dhoulmagus (Dragon Quest VIII)

Konami

Grey Fox
Dracula
Senator Armstrong NANOMACHINES, SON!

SNK

Geese Howard

Falcom

Arianrhod

NPCs

Bandai Namco

Shion Uzuki

Capcom

Palico
Miles Edgeworth
Dan Hibiki :4pacman:

Sega

Skull
Violet
Oracle
Morgana
Ringo (Puyo Puyo)
Yosuke Hanamura
Rise Kujikawa
Teddie
Naoto Shirogane
Blaze Fielding

Nintendo

Tiki
Sothis
Dunban (Fiora alluded to him in PXZ2, why the translation called him Shulk is beyond me, she said "onii-chan" which clearly means older brother thus she meant Dunban)
Marie
Callie (becomes friendly NPC after defeated for the last time)
Agent 3 (male)
Agent 8 (female)
Spring Man
Ninjara
Lin Lee Koo
Tatsu (IF I INCLUDE LIN I HAVE TO INCLUDE HIM TOO. BE GLAD HE'S NOT ****ING BOZE.)
Rex (LMAO EVEN IN X ZONE HE GETS SHAFTED)
Nia (occasionally transforms into Blade Form for plot reasons)

Konami

Raiden (Revengeance)

Square Enix

Aerith Gainsborough
Shiki Misaki
Raimu “Rhyme” Bito
Yangus

SNK

Athena Asamiya
Kyo Kusanagi

Falcom

Joshua Bright

Name-dropped (mentioned by other characters but don’t actually appear in the story)

Heihachi Mishima (RIP his VO)
Cap’n Cuttlefish
Enzo
Barret Wallace
Balmung (.hack)
Melia Antiqua
Robin (gender kept ambiguous)
Tharja
Ribbon Girl
Twintelle
Labrys
Jena Anderson (Astral Chain)
Kogoro & Mii (they’ll never be playable again, but can be mentioned in passing)

Debating on adding

Compile Heart as a company (Neptunia, Fairy Fencer F)
Trauma Center/Team representation of some kind
Silent Hill representation, but wouldn’t that be a bit... idk... TOO dark?

wew that was loooooooooooong. i feel like some faves from 1 & 2 may be missing and no im still not bringing devilotte or neneko back hecc u
Did some slight revisions to my roster. I do wonder tho, WOULD SH be too dark for PXZ? I know we had Nemesis in PXZ1 but

airConditioner

Smash Ace
Here are some thoughts I've had halfway through the game (currently on the Christmas chapter as of writing)

• Keep KOS-MOS paired with other Xeno series characters but add another Xenosaga character as a solo unit (I'd pick chaos or Ziggy)
  • Natsu is funny
  • The fanservice gets egregious at points. Like really really awful
  • Ace Attorney content is great but I think Phoenix and Maya work well enough as a solo unit. The only characters I think might have enough to make a duo unit are Franziska, Blackquill, and maybe the two from Spirit of Justice whose names I can't remember. I don't know enough about Investigations to give a valid opinion.
  • Vashyron was funny a whole 2 times, every other time it was gross and creepy (especially when paired with the fanservice)

Some characters I think would be cool (Mostly Nintendo and SNK)
1. Any combination of Saki, Airan, Isa or Isa and Kachi or any of those 4 as a solo unit.
2. Isaac + Jenna/Mia/Felix (or Isaac solo)
3. Yuri Kozukata (Maybe ghost summoning or using the camera obscura's various modes?)
4. Advance Wars character + Metal Slug character (Sami + Marco?)
5. Terry + Rock Howard as duo (either Garou Terry + Rock, or timeline messing and original Terry + Rock)
6. Officer Howard solo (using the Astral Chain story spoilersfinishing combo on Noah Prime
7. On the topic of Astral Chain, Jena as a rival unit
8. Edelgard, Dimitri, and Claude as a single solo unit. Either war or academy versions would work. How and why do they cooperate? Who knows.
9. Either Johnathan and Charlotte or Alucard and Maria for Castlevania, with Shanoa or Richter/Julius/another Belmont as a solo
10. Ghost Trick

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
This here moveset contains SPOILERS for a duo that, in my concept, is only unlocked in NG+/Hard Mode and you’re gonna need them for Hard Mode. A hint: they’re two bosses in the original first play through.
T-elos & Sephiroth (New Game+/Hard Mode only)

Playable T-elos uses her XC2 design (her boss version uses the usual Xenosaga III design) and playable Sephiroth is shirtless (his boss version isn’t) not enough male fanservice/appeal to the female gaze in PXZ? Boom problem solved

Default move: ECHIDNA & Octaslash
Up move: MAGDALENE-16 & Scintilla
Down move: Heaven’s Tracker & Hell’s Gate (the former taken from a battle skill name from XC2, is an original move in PXZ3)
Left move: T-SKYLLA & Black Materia
Right move: Heartbreaker (another original move for T-elos) & Shadow Flare
Assist move: idk what to use for T-elos, but Sephiroth will shift into One Winged form and use Heaven’s Light
EX Move: U-TENERITAS & Supernova. Pretty self explanatory. Supernova is based on the Dissidia incarnation, not the Smash one (his boss variant uses the Smash version)

Potential dialogue lines when summoned as assists:
When anybody that isn’t Cloud & Tifa or KOS-MOS & Aigis calls upon them for help:
T-elos: “How pathetic, you need OUR help!”
Sephiroth: “Swallow your pride.”

when Cloud & Tifa call upon them for help:
Sephiroth: “You need to move on, Cloud.”
T-elos: “Are you THAT insecure, Tifa?”

when KOS-MOS & Aigis call upon them for help:
T-elos: “Admit I’m superior, KOS-MOS.”
Sephiroth: “Sentimentality will only weigh you down, Aigis.”

when about to fight their respective boss incarnations:
T-elos: “THIS is supposed to be me? She’s just a prototype.”
Sephiroth: “Hmph. Nothing but a clone.”

they also have interactions with a Solo unit that’s also only unlocked in NG+/Hard Mode, Albert Wesker (uses his RE0 Wesker Mode design; boss version uses the RE5 design) but idk what they’ll say

they also have post battle banter with Cloud & Tifa or KOS-MOS & Aigis if they call in either as an assist or vice versa. Idk what they’ll say tho. If they summon any other duo (or solo that isn’t Wesker) they only have post battle banter with each other and it’s also hella ship tease-y

and no I DEFINITELY don’t ship them... definitely not... haha... ha... hides the commission I’m getting

Last edited:

ShadicMCGS

Smash Apprentice
I'll post my own roster soon, but I have one question?
What do you think about Sonic characters in PXZ3? Is it really a mixed bag as I thought it would?

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
What do you think about Sonic characters in PXZ3? Is it really a mixed bag as I thought it would?
See, unlike its predecessor Namco X Capcom, PXZ doesn’t seem to like furries in its roster for some reason, they’re practically all humanoids

I included Pearl and Marina in mine cause they are humanoids with cephalopod like features (like how Felicia is a humanoid with feline characteristic)

I was debating adding Eggman as a boss without a playable Sonic or any of his friends but I’m wondering if I can even do that

osby

Smash Obsessed
I don't think the Sonic cast really fits in the setting and direction they're going with PXZ, so I'd rather have them sit this one out.

On a more personal note, Sonic cast already hogs a lot of attention when it comes to SEGA crossovers. While I love the franchise and its characters, it's nice to have a SEGA lineup where other characters have a chance to shine.

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
deep breath

Well, here's what I got so far, including things I'm debating on including. No furries or excessively cartoony characters, I'll consider Splatoon safe. Some of the OG companies (Sega, Capcom, Bamco) may be downsized and new companies may be limited in new characters but that's to have as much diversity as possible and keep everyone equally represented as possible.

Duos

Bandai Namco

Reiji & Xiaomu
Yuri Lowell & Velvet Crowe
Kite & Black Rose
Jin & Kazuya
Alisa Bosconovitch & Alisa Ilinichina Amiella just to **** with everybody
Lloyd Irving & Colette Brunel
Sophitia Alexandra & Cassandra Alexandra
Flynn Scifo & Estellise Sidos Heurassein
that SRW duo I forget their names
Alphen & Shionne (Tales of Arise)

Capcom

Morrigan & Demitri
Ryu & Ken Masters
Chris Redfield & Jill Valentine
X & Zero
Lady & Trish
Felicia & Hsien-Ko
Vergil & Nero

Sega

Joker & Yu Narukami
Sakura Shinguji & Sakura Amamiya
Arle Nadja & Tee
Akira Yuki & Pai
Zephyr & Leanne
Tatsuya Suou & Maya Amano (yes, give P2 more love than Atlus ever will)
ONE duo from Shinobi. JUST ONE. and idek who. use whomever has the coolest designs and moves ig
Someone from Shining Resonance Refrain, haven't played in ages so don't recall any names
Toma & Cyrille
Vyse & Aika

Nintendo

Pearl & Marina (MOVESET INCLUDED, COMING IN ANOTHER POST)
Chrom & Lucina
Shulk & Fiora
Byleth Eisner (male) & Officer Howard from Astral Chain (Female) YES THEY'RE COMPLETELY CLASHING AESTHETICS OF PAST AND FUTURE WHICH MAKES THIS PERFECT SCREW YOU.
Pit & Palutena
Elma & Pyra/Mythra (Pyra and Mythra swap between each other in some moves; in the Super Pythra transforms into Pneuma while Elma goes into her true form cause **** it she can)

Konami (NEW COMPANY)

Simon Belmont & Richter Belmont

Square Enix (NEW COMPANY)

Cloud Strife & Tifa Lockhart
Neku Sakuraba & Daisukenojo "Beat" Bito
YoRHa No.2 Type B & YoRHa No.9 Type S (...aka 2B & 9S)

SNK (NEW COMPANY)

Haohmaru & Nakoruru

Falcom (NEW COMPANY)

Estelle Bright & Rean Schwarzer

Combos

Dante (Capcom) & Bayonetta (Sega)
Ulala (Sega) & Haruka Amami (Bandai Namco) Y'ALL AIN'T READY.
KOS-MOS (Bandai Namco) & Aigis (Sega)
Captain Falcon (Nintendo) & Terry Bogard (SNK)
Chun-li (Capcom) & Xiaoyu (Bandai Namco)
Arthur (Capcom) & Gilgamesh (Tower of Druaga; Bandai Namco)
Bill Rizer (Konami) & Marco Rossi (SNK)
New Game Plus only T-elos (Bandai Namco) & Sephiroth (Square Enix) and not because I ship them or anything

Solos

Bandai Namco

Kyoko Kuremi/Alphamon
Milla Maxwell (wow I'm giving Tales a lot of love)
Siegfried Schtauffen (joins after Nightmare is defeated for the final time)
Haseo (.hack G.U.)
Valkyrie
Saya

Capcom

Phoenix Wright & Maya Fey (technically a duo but treated as a solo just like in 2)
Frank West
Leon Kennedy
Viewtiful Joe
New Game Plus only Albert Wesker

Sega

Segata Sanshiro
Kiryu Kazuma
Gemini Sunrise
Vashyron
Jeanne
Balder (starts as a boss)
Beat (Jet Set Radio)
Axel Stone
Crow (after being defeated for the final time)

Konami

Solid Snake
Adrian Fahrenheit “Alucard” Tepes
Cheryl “Heather” Mason

Square Enix

Fayt Leingod
YoRHa Type A No.2 (aka A2)
Eight (Dragon Quest VIII)
Yoshiya "Joshua" Kiryu
Kid (Chrono Cross)
Aya Brea

Nintendo

Min Min (**** it decided to make her solo)
Dark Pit
Samus Aran (starts in Zero Suit, equips Power Suit for the final attack)

SNK

Mai Shiranui

Falcom

Adol Christin

Bosses

Bandai Namco

T-elos
Nightmare (becomes Siegfried solo unit when defeated for the final time)
Skeith (.hack IMOQ)
Druaga
Saya (becomes solo unit later)

Capcom

Juri Han
Rathalos
Deviljho
Albert Wesker (FR how has he not been in X Zone yet?????)

Sega

Crow
Tohru Adachi
Dark Prince (Puyo Puyo)
Balder (becomes solo unit after defeated the last time)
Loptr
...uhhh crap what are other Sega bosses I can use? Can I maybe use Eggman WITHOUT Sonic?

Nintendo

Metal Face
Xenoblade X Spoilers Lao Huang
Malos
Edelgard FE3H spoilers
DJ Octavio feat. Callie (Callie later becomes a friendly NPC)
Octo Expansion spoilers Hijacked Agent 3 (male)
Akira Howard (Male, Officer Howard's twin brother who turns bad) Astral Chain spoilers
Medusa
Ridley
Black Shadow (hey it's more respect F-Zero will get than Nintendo ever will give)
Dr. Coyle

Square Enix

Sephiroth
Sho Minamimoto
Dhoulmagus (Dragon Quest VIII)

Konami

Grey Fox
Vlad “Dracula” Tepes
Pyramid Head
Senator Armstrong NANOMACHINES, SON!

SNK

Geese Howard

Falcom

Arianrhod

NPCs

Bandai Namco

Shion Uzuki

Capcom

Palico
Miles Edgeworth
Dan Hibiki :4pacman:

Sega

Skull
Violet
Oracle
Morgana
Ringo (Puyo Puyo)
Yosuke Hanamura
Rise Kujikawa
Teddie
Naoto Shirogane
Blaze Fielding

Nintendo

Tiki
Sothis
Dunban (Fiora alluded to him in PXZ2, why the translation called him Shulk is beyond me, she said "onii-chan" which clearly means older brother thus she meant Dunban)
Marie
Callie (becomes friendly NPC after defeated for the last time)
Agent 3 (male)
Agent 8 (female)
Spring Man
Ninjara
Lin Lee Koo
Tatsu (IF I INCLUDE LIN I HAVE TO INCLUDE HIM TOO. BE GLAD HE'S NOT ****ING BOZE.)
Rex (LMAO EVEN IN X ZONE HE GETS SHAFTED)
Nia (occasionally transforms into Blade Form for plot reasons)

Konami

Raiden (Revengeance)

Square Enix

Aerith Gainsborough
Shiki Misaki
Raimu “Rhyme” Bito
Yangus

SNK

Athena Asamiya
Kyo Kusanagi

Falcom

Joshua Bright

Name-dropped (mentioned by other characters but don’t actually appear in the story)

Heihachi Mishima (RIP his VO)
Cap’n Cuttlefish
Enzo
Barret Wallace
Balmung (.hack)
Melia Antiqua
Robin (gender kept ambiguous)
Tharja
Ribbon Girl
Twintelle
Labrys
Jena Anderson (Astral Chain)
Kogoro & Mii (they’ll never be playable again, but can be mentioned in passing)

Debating on adding

Compile Heart as a company (Neptunia, Fairy Fencer F)
Trauma Center/Team representation of some kind

wew that was loooooooooooong. i feel like some faves from 1 & 2 may be missing and no im still not bringing devilotte or neneko back hecc u
ANOTHER update to my roster, this time I added Silent Hill rep (Heather solo and Pyramid Head boss) I really hope it wouldn’t be too dark or creepy for PXZ, after all we had Nemesis in the first game. And an Aya Brea solo. Probably my last update too

new move sets coming soon too - Captain Falcon & Terry, as well as Joker & Yu. I just need to wait for WiFi to come back as I’ve been on 5G for the past day and a half after our internet got knocked out by a storm

Last edited:

meleebrawler

Smash Hero
NNID
meleebrawler
3DS FC
2535-3888-1548
I prefer to keep things simple and just think of potential pairings involving Nintendo characters, cross-company or not.

• Samus & Selvaria Bles (reasoning is a long story I have in mind, culminates in fight with Maximillian and Dark Samus)
  • Fox & Chun-Li (they have a lot of similarities beyond just rapid-fire kicks)
  • Bowser & Astaroth (Ghosts n' Goblins), it might not be obvious, but Bowser does have some demonic inspiration behind him.
  • Captain Falcon & Captain Commando
  • Donkey Kong & Blanka
  • Diddy Kong & Felicia
  • Ganondorf (OOT) & Demitri
  • Strider Hiryu & Greninja (Secret Ninja Attack is pretty much just Ragnarok)
  • Callie & Marie (in their Agents guise)
  • King Dedede & Teisel Bonne (with complementary Waddle Dees and Servbots)
  • Kirby & Klonoa
  • Link (BOTW) & Kite
  • Palutena & Medusa (Hades can be the villain and the latter would get development she got robbed of at the end of Uprising)
  • Viridi and Devilotte (nature vs. tech + tsunderes = hilarity)
  • Peach & Morrigan (I like to think the latter envies the former of how she gets to make her own fun with go-karting and whatnot in her position)
  • Pit & Valkyrie (obvious angel pairing, and the latter can finally shine as a pair unit)
  • Ridley & Firebrand (involves the two of them wanting revenge on Phalanx, the latter for the usual reason, the former because he was hit by a shrinking spell from him)
  • Duck Hunt & B.B. Hood
  • Wolf & Jon Talbain
  • Takamaru and Joe Musashi
  • Phoenix Wright (+Maya) & Ayumi Tachibana (+MC of Famicom Detective Club)
  • Rosalina & Ingrid

ARMS Lightning Round

• Min-Min & Makoto (Street Fighter, they are closer in personality and motivation than the usual Chun-Li comparison)
  • Ribbon Girl & Ulala
  • Spring Man & Little Mac
  • Master Mummy & Anakaris
  • Mechanica & Tron Bonne (in her MvC mech)
  • Ninjara & Ibuki

And the Nintendo characters I feel work better solo:

• Falco
  • Dark Pit
  • Bowser Jr.
  • Captain Rainbow
  • Meta Knight

Top Bottom