• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project WALUIGI - v0.04 - New Version In The Works

TCRhade

Smash Champion
NNID
TabuuForte
@Xaranid: Do we really need another Tornado user?

@Dry: His AT model.

@Chibo: All right, great job! So what about footstooling/landing lag?

DryBowserFan

Smash Cadet
Agreed, can't wait for a no game Crashing Waluigi, soon the Mario Bros. vs. Waio Bros. dispute will be complete I'm hoping.

@TCR: Oh, lol, I love his AT model!

TommoPuppy

Smash Lord
NNID
Tommohawk
But a bit overpowered, don'tcha think? It's like when you're playing as Olimar and do the super armor glitch to avoid high knockback attacks. It'd definitely piss people off.

DryBowserFan

Smash Cadet
I think all characters have a Super Armor glitch, not sure, but I know Ike does when using his Up B move, same with Charizard.

DryBowserFan

Smash Cadet
Super armor isn't a glitch.
lol.
Oh, lol, I didn't know I always thought it was, my bad.

Neither did I until I relooked at Ike's Super Armor, there's a vid that shows Charizard having super armor against Marth's final Smash, I think one with DK too, but it was a standard B attack, might not really count against more powerful attacks. Ganon has Super Armor too I just learned, with his side be when grabbing someone, and apparently some characters have Ultra Armor, like Pikachu and Jigglypuff, but those require precise timing.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UJfyBC-hN4U&feature=related - here's the vid I found of Charizard's super Armor if you're interested.

TCRhade

Smash Champion
NNID
TabuuForte
Neither did I until I relooked at Ike's Super Armor, there's a vid that shows Charizard having super armor against Marth's final Smash, I think one with DK too, but it was a standard B attack, might not really count against more powerful attacks. Ganon has Super Armor too I just learned, with his side be when grabbing someone, and apparently some characters have Ultra Armor, like Pikachu and Jigglypuff, but those require precise timing.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UJfyBC-hN4U&feature=related - here's the vid I found of Charizard's super Armor if you're interested.
And there's Giga Bowser who ALWAYS (unfortunately) has it. Waluigi for a mere taunt is not what I'd consider broken.

DryBowserFan

Smash Cadet
Oh lol you have quite the point there, Giga Bowser (Unless the Killable Giga Bowser files' added.) ALWAYS has Super Armor, Waluigi's taunt having Super Armor would make good for Luigi's surprise attack Taunt like you mentioned.

xxTerminatorxx

Smash Journeyman
Bump for great justice because well... Waluigi can now grab :)
Finally Walugi can grab. Eiether a Taunt or Special Counter Move would be good for "Laugh It Off."

Anyways, are you guys considering giving Walugi a Tornato or a Bomb-Omb (Link's Bomb) for his Down B attack? As I can think of, it's not Waluigi without bombs/explosives. Still tornato is a good idea. That's just my opinion. :)

TCRhade

Smash Champion
NNID
TabuuForte
Finally Walugi can grab. Eiether a Taunt or Special Counter Move would be good for "Laugh It Off."

Anyways, are you guys considering giving Walugi a Tornato or a Bomb-Omb (Link's Bomb) for his Down B attack? As I can think of, it's not Waluigi without bombs/explosives. Still tornato is a good idea. That's just my opinion. :)

Bombs are cool. They suit his cheater style and he's been seen using 'em.

But that would make 4 characters (if you count the Doc PSA/Mario's DAir) to have a tornado.
Waluigi would be better if he wasn't a clone.

EDIT: Oh TOMATO, not tornado. Sorry I misread.

Overdrive64

Smash Journeyman
Idea for a final smash:

Whacks a super powerful tennis ball straight forward, then it takes a turn at a right angle up if on the ground or down if used in the air. A trail of light appears after the ball's trail, so that when the attack is over a large illuminated L or even better a backwards L is left on the field for a short period. Waluigi may move after serving while the move is taking place. If an opponent is hit with the ball it is as powerful as Marth's final smash, we're talking power! If a player is knocked into the L, it is much less powerful but still dangerous. Waluigi is not hurt by it. ROB's lazer could be used if you widen and recolor it. This move is inspired by Super Sluggers by the way ^^

Xaranid

Smash Apprentice
@Xaranid: Do we really need another Tornado user?

@Dry: His AT model.

@Chibo: All right, great job! So what about footstooling/landing lag?
A looong while back the new build was going to have a tornado Bair.

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
The tornado bairs been done for a while lol. its a tad sloppy though since there isnt a good startup anim for it

Exodecai101

Smash Apprentice
Whirluigi! Is he going to be magically swimming through the air somehow? I feel that could be a good B-> attack, he swims toward you with a stream of water around him (Squirtle's waterfall attack could be good to use for that). Is that possible to do?

XypherMaverix

Smash Apprentice
Is there any way to rip skeletons from mario tennis (wii) for a Waluigi Tornado? It raises a wacky tornado move initiative. By holding his hind leg behind him and leaning back with a tornado effect surrounding the whole of the body rather than just the arms or legs.

DryBowserFan

Smash Cadet
Whirluigi! Is he going to be magically swimming through the air somehow? I feel that could be a good B-> attack, he swims toward you with a stream of water around him (Squirtle's waterfall attack could be good to use for that). Is that possible to do?
Like from Mario Power Tennis? He does an in air breaststroke to get the ball when it's about out of normal catching reach. That would be a pretty interesting, hopefully funny/comical attack of his.

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
I was refering to him as a character, not his moveset ;)

As much as I dislike him, he's ashamedly great fun to play v.v

TCRhade

Smash Champion
NNID
TabuuForte
I was refering to him as a character, not his moveset ;)

As much as I dislike him, he's ashamedly great fun to play v.v
Yeah, he gets lots of unfair bashing because of that.

As a fan of Waluigi, I wholeheartedly agree that he's fun. Only problem is that stinkin' freezing glitch.

DryBowserFan

Smash Cadet
It's a Shameful truth Waluigi was only created for that purpose and not given a serious background but the fun use of him eases the pain so to speak. I agree TCR, once Waluigi doesn't cause the game to freeze 100% things will be so much better.

TCRhade

Smash Champion
NNID
TabuuForte
It's a Shameful truth Waluigi was only created for that purpose and not given a serious background but the fun use of him eases the pain so to speak. I agree TCR, once Waluigi doesn't cause the game to freeze 100% things will be so much better.
Agreement. I just wish there was a new pic to prove that Waluigi can now grab. :)

xxTerminatorxx

Smash Journeyman
Not just any bomb, I'm talkin a Waluigi Bomb!
That's right, it's not much of a challange to texture Link's bomb to a bomb-omb (or, you could replace it with a REAL Bomb-Omb but keep the rest of the animation.) and change the actual power of it. Yes, that's right, we now got our super WALUGI BOMB from the trademark series he's starred in.
---------------------
I just think it's so strange Waluigi wasn't added in the first place. He would of been so epic, although we will probably make him better. In all of those games he was in he was playable, but just not this one. I mean, some Assist Trophies had reasons to be what they are due to them never being playable, such as Gray Fox from Metal Gear Solid: The Twin Snakes although many Metal Gear fans would LOVE for him to be playable such as me.

But that's just Nintendo - they only want video game all-stars in the Smash Bros. Series.. They just forgot Waluigi.

xxTerminatorxx

Smash Journeyman
Yeah I'm still sore that they didn't make Lyn playable. I was really hoping to see her.
We arn't the only one's working on Waluigi, or any other Assist Trophies, people are currently working on Shadow, Fox, and Lyn as you said.

Once we are able to create custom character spaces, possibly we could make all of the reasonable Assist Trophies all characters without even using one Alloy space.

Until then, we need to thank Nintendo for adding the Alloys in the first place.

Edit: Before Brawl was released, I was waiting for Gray Fox (Or what Naomi calls him, "Frankie.") or Raiden to be playable. I would love to see a battle of Snake and Gray Fox VS Mario and Luigi, as much as everyone wants Waluigi and Wario VS Mario And Luigi. Nintendo didn't want to seem to listin to anyone on Character ideas. But what makes this entire Character-Creating fun is that Nintendo simply didn't listin.

InTrepidCognito

Smash Ace
Unfortunately, however, some dumbs may complain that Kid Icarus or Metroid only have one rep while a non-Nintendo franchise has two... I was sure to see at least someone from the Sonic franchise, but instead we're teased by three perfectly good models in the background of a stage.

Top Bottom