• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project WALUIGI - v0.04 - New Version In The Works

DryBowserFan

Smash Cadet
+1

If he can grab now as Chibo says, I think he's worth another beta. Just don't rush the final version.
Agreed, Grabbing's a good progress for Waluigi, but still worth the wait for a fully playable Waluigi, and a newer beta wouldn't hurt, might not be much but still, it'd be cool to see Waluigi tossing his foes too.

xxTerminatorxx

Smash Journeyman
Once Walugi is finsihed he may become my main, the only problem is I can't show that on Smashboards on the bottem of my avatar. Maybe Smashboards could do that If Waluigi becomes famous enough.

TCRhade

Smash Champion
NNID
TabuuForte
Once Walugi is finsihed he may become my main, the only problem is I can't show that on Smashboards on the bottem of my avatar. Maybe Smashboards could do that If Waluigi becomes famous enough.
As for me, there is no "may". :)

I'm curious to see how many players Waluigi will get once he's finished.

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
I technically have a more updated Waluigi using the current model, but theres hardly any progress above what's currently there. I'm just annoyed with it so I don't wanna release it lol. It's pretty much just a differ bair. Once I get these model problems fixed up, then we're in BUSINESS.

XypherMaverix

Smash Apprentice

Overdrive64

Smash Journeyman
You can count me as one, I'm definitely using Waluigi when he's finished fully!
I main him in Mario Strickers (Gamecube, never cared for the wii version) and in double dash it's Waluigi + Bowser Jr. Follow the pattern, i think he'll see use in brawl ^^

xANDERssbb

Smash Journeyman
i will definatel play him if i can get unfroze lol. ifi play 4 player match or do something thats un ordinary in battle it freezes ;( It like playing with a character with glass skin or something.

DryBowserFan

Smash Cadet
i will definatel play him if i can get unfroze lol. ifi play 4 player match or do something thats un ordinary in battle it freezes ;( It like playing with a character with glass skin or something.
I once tried using the current Beta Waluigi in 4 player brawl (Me and 3 AI's), and Waluigi was bound to crash the game, he wasn't walking right AND his was in Captain Falcon's/Red Alloy's stance, needless to say he crashed on me before the match could really start. ):

TCRhade

Smash Champion
NNID
TabuuForte
Same but we shouldn't rush the guy after all. There's only he and few people working on it I think... ^^;
I'm not asking him to rush in making Waluigi, but just to post here a little more often.

And PND, I think, is the only other one working on him.

TCRhade

Smash Champion
NNID
TabuuForte
PND broke his ankle, so don't expect many updates from him (nor me, since he probably won't be attending a fest soon) XD
A fest?

And I believe a broken ankle can still allow you to use a computer. Maybe not, I don't know, I've never had one.

xxTerminatorxx

Smash Journeyman
Too bad, it would be great to everyone use Waluigi on Wi-Fi, but that's almost impossible...

DryBowserFan

Smash Cadet
If you're in a 4-player Brawl, Waluigi or any other Alloy replacment must be Player 4.

'Nuff said.
Lol, that's what I did.
And it still froze on me. I had p1 Kirby, p2 Meta Knight, p3 Dedede, and p4 Knuckle Joe/Yellow Alloy replacement, and it wasn't even 30 secs in the match and it froze. Same thing with Waluigi, I had p1 Mario, p2 Luigi, p3 Wario and p4 Waluigi/Red Alloy swap, froze abit after 30 seconds actually.

xxTerminatorxx

Smash Journeyman
Strange about we are the only people working or helping Waluigi become a character. Surprisingly there is nobody else to my knowladge doing this...

DryBowserFan

Smash Cadet
I'm unable to do much but give support but I've noticed that, we're (Though the people actually making Waluigi playable are doing more work) are the only people that care about this project, I haven't seen other members put into this project as of recent. :\

XypherMaverix

Smash Apprentice
I'm unable to do much but give support but I've noticed that, we're (Though the people actually making Waluigi playable are doing more work) are the only people that care about this project, I haven't seen other members put into this project as of recent. :\
Did my Subspace Emissary Icons just Miss Completely? X3

I mean it's not a huge lot compared to the programming that Chibo and PND do, but hey it's a contribution nonetheless

GSHCzach

Smash Cadet
So I have a question; Since the bone adder has been released for about 2 weeks now, will there by any possibility of WaLuigi going on a different character or are you going to keep him on the Red Alloy?

CHAOSvsORDER

Smash Journeyman
If they are on Smashboards crusing and posting, they are not working on the project at that moment. As well, it's a good question that hasn't been answered yet.

xANDERssbb

Smash Journeyman
So I have a question; Since the bone adder has been released for about 2 weeks now, will there by any possibility of WaLuigi going on a different character or are you going to keep him on the Red Alloy?
Personally i hate alloy characters its automatically a freeze just waiting to happen ;(

DryBowserFan

Smash Cadet
Did my Subspace Emissary Icons just Miss Completely? X3

I mean it's not a huge lot compared to the programming that Chibo and PND do, but hey it's a contribution nonetheless
Oh no no no, You've done a fair bit to help too! :D I just mean people like me who can't do any hacking. XD

PND

Smash Champion
It's out? Where? I haven't heard anything about it.

TCRhade

Smash Champion
NNID
TabuuForte
Ok, so you finding out about the bone adder may help. It's in the MDL0 thread, I think.

EDIT: Correction. I KNOW it's in the MDL0 thread. Waluigi may pick up now. :D

EDIT 2: @xANDER: Alloys are awesome as they are, they're only playable B-notes when they're model swapped! LOL

PND

Smash Champion
Well, I get back to my house / computer this weekend (I can't be more specific, I have to go to the hospital first. :() I'll post more when I get my hands on it, but if this functions without any hitches I may have a full working moveset for him ready, complete with shields, grabs, edge grabs, dodges. . .

Here's hoping it works!

Top Bottom