• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project: Thank You Sakurai! Calling All Smash Fans and Artists! Under New Ownership!

SuperMii3D

Mii-Based Fighter
NNID
PizzaDeliveryKid
3DS FC
5284-1700-6123
upload_2014-3-29_16-27-17.png

Okay, so a few things:
1. Obvious is obvious, his hand is missing, but thats because I plan to put something on it, namely a Smash Ball or a Fire Ball, and I was going to ask which do you prefer.
2. I dont have a scanner so how would I get this pic to work for me?

Pacack

Super Pac-Fan
NNID
Pacack
3DS FC
0688-5284-6845
When does the character art voting begin?
It's still going to be a bit. I might actually have to postpone it a bit since we're missing artwork for a ton of characters still.

View attachment 11057
Okay, so a few things:
1. Obvious is obvious, his hand is missing, but thats because I plan to put something on it, namely a Smash Ball or a Fire Ball, and I was going to ask which do you prefer.
2. I dont have a scanner so how would I get this pic to work for me?
I'd do with a fireball, personally.

Uh...a scan is far more ideal, but if you can get a clear photo in perfect lighting, then we'll have something good to work with.

Last edited by a moderator:

WindozeNT

Smash Ace
NNID
WindozeNT
3DS FC
1865-1050-3752
Uh...a scan is far more ideal, but if you can get a clear photo in perfect lighting, then we'll have something good to work with.
I found a USB Canon CanoScan LiDE 110 color scanner lying around and it had a small device driver size (<10MB). It's what I used to scan my signature and the 2 G&W portraits. My printer, which also happens to be from Canon, needed 100+MB drivers to use its scanning feature. My ISP, HughesNet, only allows 250MB of downloading a day, and cuts off after that. And I'm usually a heavy downloader. I've been using the CanoScan alot since I installed it. :)

I also found my old PCI 56K dial-up voice modem and installed it. Had hours of fun dialing into random ISPs' numbers. I recorded about 18 handshakes between my modem and the remote modems. Even found the US government's probably-secret FAA server by complete accident (dial into 1-800-245-3828 in HyperTerminal; found it here, where it was listed as a Canadian weather BBS). Good times...

Last edited:

Networker1

Smash Journeyman
Just thought I'd ask this. How are we gonna translate this into Japanese?? Is anyone here fluent? Do we know what dialect (if those exist in Japanese, I know they do in Chinese) he speaks?

Katy Parry

The Only Zelda in Indiana
NNID
justysuxx
I'll try to work on my Peach drawing tomorrow, see if I can finish it. Then I'll start Zelda.

I think you need to update the OP with divisions of Characters, then Artists that drew that character, all alphabetically

Khao

Smash Lord
It's still going to be a bit. I might actually have to postpone it a bit since we're missing artwork for a ton of characters still.
Is the list on the OP with the ✓s and the ✘s up to date? Wanna make sure the next character I draw is one that's still missing artwork

Networker1

Smash Journeyman
Alright AndreaAC, I finally finished Samus. Hope you like it. :)
andreaac_samus_complete.PNG

P.S. keeps the sketches coming, I'm good at Illustrating, but you are a much better sketch artist than me. ;)

Pacack

Super Pac-Fan
NNID
Pacack
3DS FC
0688-5284-6845
Just thought I'd ask this. How are we gonna translate this into Japanese?? Is anyone here fluent? Do we know what dialect (if those exist in Japanese, I know they do in Chinese) he speaks?
@ Venus of the Desert Bloom Venus of the Desert Bloom will be translating the message into Japanese for us.

I'll try to work on my Peach drawing tomorrow, see if I can finish it. Then I'll start Zelda.

I think you need to update the OP with divisions of Characters, then Artists that drew that character, all alphabetically
I believe I'll do that tomorrow. It's fairly late now.

Is the list on the OP with the ✓s and the ✘s up to date? Wanna make sure the next character I draw is one that's still missing artwork
It is.

View attachment 11083
P.S. keeps the sketches coming, I'm good at Illustrating, but you are a much better sketch artist than me. ;)
I'll add it to the gallery!

I'll just have it replaced.
Will do!

Venus of the Desert Bloom

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
He uses standard Japanese. But yeah, I'll help translate the messages. I'm sorry if I haven't been to commited to the project but I'll try to support it more. Let me know when you are ready with the messages.

AndreaAC

Ridley's Propaganda Artist
View attachment 11083
:D IT LOOKS AMAZING! sorry for taking too long to see it, wierd that the alerts of this thread doesn't appear..... :3 oh, thank you, but i can't do what you do when illustrating, im still going with the traditonal way.... xD

SmasherMaster

Smash Lord
NNID
TelevisionGamer
Here is my Little Mac drawing.

WARNING: Drawing is not little
[COLLAPSE=Little Mac]
Little Mac.png
[/COLLAPSE]

Networker1

Smash Journeyman
This might be a stupid question, but does the "no voting for yourself" rule apply to all members of group work? (i.e. would AndreaAC be able to vote for my colorization of her Samus drawing?)

Pacack

Super Pac-Fan
NNID
Pacack
3DS FC
0688-5284-6845
This might be a stupid question, but does the "no voting for yourself" rule apply to all members of group work? (i.e. would AndreaAC be able to vote for my colorization of her Samus drawing?)
That...is a very good question.

I'll say no to avoid complications. If you disagree, please explain your reasoning and I'll consider your viewpoint.

Networker1

Smash Journeyman
That...is a very good question.

I'll say no to avoid complications. If you disagree, please explain your reasoning and I'll consider your viewpoint.
I thought it would be a no, but I was just checking.

if anyone want's something colorized send it to me in a PM first so you can vote for it : P
JK, JK

Last edited:

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
@ Pacack Pacack : Are we allowed to post drawings with backgrounds? I'm simply asking, because I worked on a Yoshi drawing the other day for Tezuka's Yoshi drawing contest, and I thought that I could show it here too.

Katy Parry

The Only Zelda in Indiana
NNID
justysuxx

This is all I can really turn in. I couldn't finish it because I ended up selling my tablet that I was drawing on.

I could really use someone GOOD to color it.

Thank you.

Pacack

Super Pac-Fan
NNID
Pacack
3DS FC
0688-5284-6845
@ Pacack Pacack : Are we allowed to post drawings with backgrounds? I'm simply asking, because I worked on a Yoshi drawing the other day for Tezuka's Yoshi drawing contest, and I thought that I could show it here too.
Maybe. Can I see the drawing?

This is all I can really turn in. I couldn't finish it because I ended up selling my tablet that I was drawing on.

I could really use someone GOOD to color it.

Thank you.
I'll add it to the gallery in a bit.

Networker1

Smash Journeyman
The royal Marth is complete! Despite his hair's best efforts to stop me. :p
andreaAC_Marth_complete.PNG
(AndreaAC made original)

Edit: @ Katy Parry Katy Parry , is the bold asking me to help out, or stay away? :confused: (if first one::colorful:, if second::c)

Last edited:

lordvaati

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-4918-2392-4599
Sorry for the delay, the picture is done, but I have issues with my friend's scanner with the file it made it as.

I SHOULD have it up this week though, since I'm visiting someone who has computer so I can edit the file.

Networker1

Smash Journeyman
Alright @ Hotfeet444 Hotfeet444 , here is WFT, in all her paleness.
hotfeet444_wft_complete.PNG

I used an experimental new technique on this one to get some neat effects. (never gonna use it again though, it takes too dang long)

Top Bottom