• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project: Thank You Sakurai! Calling All Smash Fans and Artists! Under New Ownership!

D-idara

Banned via Administration
NNID
D-idara
3DS FC
4511-0670-4622
Remove the WFT picture and please replace my signature with a big **** YOU written with sharpies.

Deoxys911

Laughs and Logic
NNID
Deoxys911
I would like to add my signature to the card, please. With all of the hate Sakurai receives from passionate/crazy fans, it's really nice and refreshing to see a project like this.

RelaxAlax

That Smash Guy
I'll get on this when exams finish :|

Hope that won't be too late. Although I have a chalk wall in my room and am drawing the entire roster on that, so maybe I can include that in some way ...

Pazzo.

「Livin' On A Prayer」
@ Pacack Pacack

I'm a little busy now, so if you'd like to find someone else to write the message, I'd be fine with it.

Pacack

Super Pac-Fan
NNID
Pacack
3DS FC
0688-5284-6845
My apologies that this part of the project is going kinda slowly, everyone. Hopefully I'll be able to get things going again, but I've been kinda busy recently.

SchAlternate

Smash Master
NNID
SchAlternate
Switch FC
SW-4691-2422-5427
AHHHH I COMPLETELY FORGOT ABOUT THIS THREAD HOW COULD I BE SO STUPID AHHHHH

Sorry guys, kind of got busy and forgot about this. :nervous:

So... has there been any updates lately?

Pacack

Super Pac-Fan
NNID
Pacack
3DS FC
0688-5284-6845
AHHHH I COMPLETELY FORGOT ABOUT THIS THREAD HOW COULD I BE SO STUPID AHHHHH

Sorry guys, kind of got busy and forgot about this. :nervous:

So... has there been any updates lately?
I'll be starting voting on the message soon, but I might have to put this on hiatus for a bit while people get art in for characters that we don't have yet.

Pacack

Super Pac-Fan
NNID
Pacack
3DS FC
0688-5284-6845
Could you reupload it? I'm pretty sure that the green line isn't supposed to be there.

Add my username on the Signatures list please!!!
Will do.

Remove the WFT picture and please replace my signature with a big **** YOU written with sharpies.
Since some time has passed since you posted this, are you sure?

I would like to add my signature to the card, please. With all of the hate Sakurai receives from passionate/crazy fans, it's really nice and refreshing to see a project like this.
Gladly!

Should Charizard, Sheik, Zero Suit Samus and Greninja be added?
We already have too many characters that are lacking artwork as it is. We won't be adding any more newcomers unless it's heavily requested.

I'd like to sign, but between my username or my real first name, which one's best ?
Either would be fine.

Do you mind if I post some pics for the card?
I would be eternally grateful for any artists still. We're running way behind schedule and any help would be very greatly appreciated.

DAAAAAAWWWW!!! I love it!!!! I'll add it to the gallery momentarily!

Knuckle Joe!!!
?

My Ness drawing

[COLLAPSE=AwesoNesst Drawing Ever]View attachment 12596 [/COLLAPSE]
I'll add it to the gallery in a moment.

******Important Notice******
The project is not going as smoothly as I'd like, so we'll be entering another period of art submission this Sunday. We have several characters that are lacking any art and several more that need more high-quality stuff (see: Bandana Dee).

The message portion specifically has gone entirely wrong, seeing as I got only one submission throughout the entire thing. I'll probably end up writing my own message soon and having that used as the official message.

If you have not gotten in your signature by the time this next art period has ended, you will be moved to the non-signers section. I will be sending out PMs to all of you that do not have it as a reminder.

Expect a revamped OP soon with a more organized gallery and whatnot within this next week as well.

Networker1

Smash Journeyman
Could you reupload it? I'm pretty sure that the green line isn't supposed to be there.
Oh... dang, I'll go fix that.
And sorry for the general slow down, finals are coming up and I keep finding less and less time to work on this. (Bowser will be finished eventually!)

Here it is:
hotfeet444_megaman_complete.PNG

Last edited:

Capybara Gaming

Just Vibing
Thank you, Sakurai, for creating such a wonderful series that brings the best of the best together. You've got fans worldwide, and you appeal to all groupds: bronies (like myself), tv junkies, gaming fans, even people who nromally don't like games - you brought us all under a great title. Hats off to you. Sincerely, NES "Keybladeguy" S.

Good?

Pacack

Super Pac-Fan
NNID
Pacack
3DS FC
0688-5284-6845
Oh... dang, I'll go fix that.
And sorry for the general slow down, finals are coming up and I keep finding less and less time to work on this. (Bowser will be finished eventually!)

Here it is:
View attachment 12616
I'll add it to the gallery in a moment.

Thank you, Sakurai, for creating such a wonderful series that brings the best of the best together. You've got fans worldwide, and you appeal to all groupds: bronies (like myself), tv junkies, gaming fans, even people who nromally don't like games - you brought us all under a great title. Hats off to you. Sincerely, NES "Keybladeguy" S.

Good?
Oh, now I understand.

I'll put this one alongside the other I've received and my own so that everyone can vote on which is the best. Thank you for your submission! :D

(Though, if I were you, I'd scrap the part about the groups since it includes slang that's difficult to translate.)

Last edited:

Shin F.

Smash Master
No offense, but I really think that written messages should be limited to the main message. Otherwise, many people will want to write their own personalized message and it would get bloated. (When I saw it, my first instinct was to write my own message, for instance.)

Even if it didn't bloat it too much, the message might be taken as being from all of us rather than a single person as well, which could cause some confusion.

Having said that, your message is really great and very well-written, and could easily be tweaked slightly to be a good main message if you wanted to. It might be something to consider.

Last edited:

Pacack

Super Pac-Fan
NNID
Pacack
3DS FC
0688-5284-6845
No offense, but I really think that written messages should be limited to the main message. Otherwise, many people will want to write their own personalized message and it would get bloated. (When I saw it, my first instinct was to write my own message, for instance.)

Even if it didn't bloat it too much, the message might be taken as being from all of us rather than a single person as well, which could cause some confusion.

Having said that, your message is really great and very well-written, and could easily be tweaked slightly to be a good main message if you wanted to. It might be something to consider.
Agreed, actually. Unless it's tweaked to be the main message, I actually won't be able to accept it.

I finished Hotfeet444's Villager too:
View attachment 12621

No green line this time :)
I'll add it to the gallery.

Here's my own entry for the main message:

Dear Mr. Masahiro Sakurai,

We, the members of smashboards, would like to present to you this token of our appreciation for the effort that you put into your work. In the following pages are a few faces that you should be intimately familiar with. We've tried to do them justice and hope that this card brings you some of the same joy that you have brought to us.

Thank you and get well soon,
Your overseas fans.

Any complaints about this message?

Networker1

Smash Journeyman
I'll admit this is far from my best work, but I did a pretty terrible bowser drawing.

:collapse:
bowser_illustration_done.PNG
:/collapse:

aaaaaand.... I fail at forum coding...

Last edited:
Top Bottom