• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project: Thank You Sakurai! Calling All Smash Fans and Artists! Under New Ownership!

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
I would love to be apart of this but I can't do any of the things listed lol. I guess I shall watch it for now, anyway great idea!

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Oh no computer lag! Anyway ok, thanks :)

Last edited:

Pacack

Super Pac-Fan
NNID
Pacack
3DS FC
0688-5284-6845
Bumping to ask if anyone knows any people who are good at writing. Not that there really needs to be an elaborate message, but I'd hate for this Phase to have only one or two submissions.

Networker1

Smash Journeyman
Just asking, but how long is the message supposed to be? A couple of lines? A paragraph? 3 paragraphs?

AndreaAC

Ridley's Propaganda Artist
SCAN0128.JPG

Lazy drawn Master Hand.....i couldn't come up with something better, not even looking at my own hands with white gloves on.....and im really bad at drawing them...maybe i will come up with a hand pose later...and i put him with the laser attack because i loved to use that attack with the Melee glitch

Last edited:

Pacack

Super Pac-Fan
NNID
Pacack
3DS FC
0688-5284-6845
Just asking, but how long is the message supposed to be? A couple of lines? A paragraph? 3 paragraphs?
I'm so sorry. I should have clarified. Just a couple lines to a small paragraph. The point is to get the most well-worded message possible for this community.

View attachment 10803

Lazy drawn Master Hand.....i couldn't come up with something better, not even looking at my own hands with white gloves on.....and im really bad at drawing them...maybe i will come up with a hand pose later...and i put him with the laser atack because i loved to use that attack with the Melee glitch
Thank you SO much. I'll put it in the gallery immediately. Thank you for being the first to draw Master Hand :D

Pacack

Super Pac-Fan
NNID
Pacack
3DS FC
0688-5284-6845
xD really? it looks really sketchy....
I might get my bro (aka the photoshopper) to clean it up for me if you'd be okay with that.

Put me on non-signers for now. If i find time to contribute something I will. Awesome thread by the way!
Will do! And thanks! Thank APC99 for the idea, though :p

Shin F.

Smash Master
Alright, I guess I'll try my hand at writing something.

Dear Masahiro Sakurai, thank you very much for all the hard work you put into your games! We all enjoy and appreciate them very much. We all support you and wish you the best. We hope that the condition of your arms improves.

Is that sort of in line with what you're looking for?

Last edited:

Khao

Smash Lord
Little Mac coming soon! Got him fully drawn and shaded, just need to scan him and add some color to better match my other drawings.

Will have to wait just a little bit, though, I'm not on my PC right now, but it's coming!

Last edited:

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
I could do some writing if you wish. I'm going to major in Journalism, so I think I can write pretty well. Not to toot my own horn, but still. I'd be happy to help. :)

Khao

Smash Lord
Welp, that was faster than I expected, here's Mac.

There's something about it that keeps bothering me... can't say it looks bad, but I just dunno, face looks slightly un-Mac-y and legs feel backwards somehow.

But blergh, still like it overall so what the heck.

Networker1

Smash Journeyman
View attachment 10803

Lazy drawn Master Hand.....i couldn't come up with something better, not even looking at my own hands with white gloves on.....and im really bad at drawing them...maybe i will come up with a hand pose later...and i put him with the laser attack because i loved to use that attack with the Melee glitch
Here is it drawn up in Illustrator.

andreaAC_Hand_complete.PNG

I'll admit I took some liberties with it, but I think it turned out fine. :)

P.S. your Samus is almost done, and I have barely started on Marth.

Last edited:

Networker1

Smash Journeyman
olimar s+c.PNG

I couldn't decide if it was better with or without outlines, so I'll post both. (these would be in the same post but smashboards doesn't let me)

AndreaAC

Ridley's Propaganda Artist

View attachment 10891

:3 Thank you so much! it looks great! im really looking forward to see the final results of the other two drawings!

AEMehr

Mii Fighter
I have plans for Smash's take on R.O.B.

Will make tomorrow night hopefully!!

Pazzo.

「Livin' On A Prayer」
I could do some writing for the project. (It's all I'm kinda good at. XD)
Not trying to brag, but I'm Nationally Acclaimed in Lit. Arts.

WindozeNT

Smash Ace
NNID
WindozeNT
3DS FC
1865-1050-3752
Once again, the poll results return a 404. You should probably upload the images elsewhere (like on Dropbox; I can host them if you want).

Pacack

Super Pac-Fan
NNID
Pacack
3DS FC
0688-5284-6845
Him, you should take me off the artist list because I haven't drawn anything yet =p.
If you're still planning on drawing something, then I still want you on. I'll remove you for now, but please tell me if you are still planning on doing something later.
Alright, I guess I'll try my hand at writing something.

Dear Masahiro Sakurai, thank you very much for all the hard work you put into your games! We all enjoy and appreciate them very much. We all support you and wish you the best. We hope that the condition of your arms improves.

Is that sort of in line with what you're looking for?
Something like that. Would you like that specifically to be entered into the contest?
Love it! I'll add it to the gallery!

I could do some writing if you wish. I'm going to major in Journalism, so I think I can write pretty well. Not to toot my own horn, but still. I'd be happy to help. :)
Please.

Welp, that was faster than I expected, here's Mac.

There's something about it that keeps bothering me... can't say it looks bad, but I just dunno, face looks slightly un-Mac-y and legs feel backwards somehow.

But blergh, still like it overall so what the heck.
I'll add it to the gallery!

Non-Signing please! (Could potentially change if I get a chance to scan my signature :pimp:)
I'll get you down!

Here's my updated DK drawing:
I'll go ahead and add it alongside the other one. Tell me if you just want it replaced.

View attachment 10891

I'll add both to the gallery. We can vote on both versions in this case.

Glad to see that Snake has the green light now, here's an updated version of my picture.
I love it! I'll replace it since it's considered an update.

View attachment 10929
Here is my Olimar, unfourtunately I didn't put any pikmin in.
View attachment 10930

I couldn't decide if it was better with or without outlines, so I'll post both. (these would be in the same post but smashboards doesn't let me)
I'll add both to the gallery.

I have plans for Smash's take on R.O.B.

Will make tomorrow night hopefully!!
Looking forward to it!!

I could do some writing for the project. (It's all I'm kinda good at. XD)
Not trying to brag, but I'm Nationally Acclaimed in Lit. Arts.
PLEASE!

Once again, the poll results return a 404. You should probably upload the images elsewhere (like on Dropbox; I can host them if you want).
I'll fix it. For good this time.

Pazzo.

「Livin' On A Prayer」
The main thing I would focus on is thanking him for his work, but I would also include a bit of get well aspects.
Ok, that sounds simple enough! I'll shoot you a PM with the message soon.

Thanks!

Top Bottom