• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project: Thank You Sakurai! Calling All Smash Fans and Artists! Under New Ownership!

relaxedexcorcist

Smash Ace
NNID
relaxed
3DS FC
4167-4486-3541
First off, I changed Mario and Luigi a bit, so if you would, please update the OP with these.

Secondly, here's Kirby.
Kirby_smashboards.png

I'll have my signature ready soon too.

Last edited:

Pacack

Super Pac-Fan
NNID
Pacack
3DS FC
0688-5284-6845
First off, I changed Mario and Luigi a bit, so if you would, please update the OP with these.

Secondly, here's Kirby.
View attachment 10524

I'll have my signature ready soon too.
Seriously, that's cool. I'll gladly update those two and add Kirby (and add them all to my computer because they're glorious).

And I look forward to your signature! I'm curious, are you using your name, initials, or an alias? Don't feel pressured to answer, but I'd be interested in knowing.

This is an awesome idea! You can go ahead and add me to the non-signers list!
Will do!

relaxedexcorcist

Smash Ace
NNID
relaxed
3DS FC
4167-4486-3541
Got it! I think it'll be fine, but it might end up being a tad small. If there are any problems in editing, I'll contact you for a larger signature. (I like it, btw! A lot. It's sleek but simple.)
Thanks. I can easily make it bigger so no worries :)

APC99

Smash Master
NNID
APC-99
3DS FC
3840-8265-8211
I MIGHT get a Wacom tablet for my birthday (4/27), so that would help my drawings for sure. Oh well, I'll go back to schoolwork then.

Pacack

Super Pac-Fan
NNID
Pacack
3DS FC
0688-5284-6845
i will draw ice climbers! :D and then ness even though he already has art, cuz ness is my homeboy :3
I look forward to it!
I MIGHT get a Wacom tablet for my birthday (4/27), so that would help my drawings for sure. Oh well, I'll go back to schoolwork then.
I hope you do. That would make drawing a whole lot easier for you.
I might be able to do bowser, depending on when the deadline is.
No rush, so you probably have time.

Katy Parry

The Only Zelda in Indiana
NNID
justysuxx
Thanks for the kind words! I'm considering making Peach less detailed to match his Mario and Luigi. Like her Super Mario 3D World look.

Pacack

Super Pac-Fan
NNID
Pacack
3DS FC
0688-5284-6845

Pacack

Super Pac-Fan
NNID
Pacack
3DS FC
0688-5284-6845
I'm drawing the entire cast (and more) actually. Could this contribute?
Depends. Is the art individual characters or all of them?

I really like one of the Ness pieces that have been submitted, so I think I'm gonna do Ice Climbers instead.
I understand. Kikwi's Ness is one of the best pieces we've gotten so far, so it must be intimidating.

so I checked today and apparently my nick is still not on the non signer list, can you check if my name is there?
Will do. Sorry about any issues.

I'll sign.. and contribute something. I think.
I'll put you down!

Shin F.

Smash Master
I understand. Kikwi's Ness is one of the best pieces we've gotten so far, so it must be intimidating.
Well, it's not that, I just really like the style it was drawn in, and you can see the effort that went into it so I really feel like that one deserves to be picked. It just feels very right, you know?

Speaking of, though, here's a rough sketch of my Ice Climbers. I'm going to clean it up a lot obviously since it's very rough as yet, but what do you think of the pose?
Edit: Okay, cleaned it up a lot now. Just needs color & shading.
Edit: Okay, they're pretty much done. I might add to it later down the line if I think of a way to improve it further, but I'm happy with it as is for now.

I couldn't decide which of these ways I liked better so I just uploaded them both. One has normal outlines and the other has them as an overlay of sorts, which is a very nice effect but looks odd when very close up. Of course, scaled down it's much better.

Last edited:

Pacack

Super Pac-Fan
NNID
Pacack
3DS FC
0688-5284-6845
Well, it's not that, I just really like the style it was drawn in, and you can see the effort that went into it so I really feel like that one deserves to be picked. It just feels very right, you know?

Speaking of, though, here's a rough sketch of my Ice Climbers. I'm going to clean it up a lot obviously since it's very rough as yet, but what do you think of the pose?
Edit: Okay, cleaned it up a lot now. Just needs color & shading.
Edit: Okay, they're pretty much done. I might add to it later down the line if I think of a way to improve it further, but I'm happy with it as is for now.

I couldn't decide which of these ways I liked better so I just uploaded them both. One has normal outlines and the other has them as an overlay of sorts, which is a very nice effect but looks odd when very close up. Of course, scaled down it's much better.
I'll go ahead and put the last two in the gallery together, but I'll need you to decide which one you want to use for the real competition when it comes. Nice job, btw :D

Last edited:

Shin F.

Smash Master
I'll go ahead and put the last two in the gallery together, but I'll need you to decide which one you want to use for the real competition when it comes. Nice job, btw :D
Thanks! Alright, I'll be sure to pick one by the time the competition comes.

Last edited:

Sahfarry

Smash Ace
3DS FC
2750-1620-0068
I'll sign. What do I do to sign? And how can I contribute at the current stage you're at?

Shin F.

Smash Master
Alright, I decided to fix up the little parts on the second one that were messed up without the outline and use it. I've fixed the little errors you could see at full size now, so here's the absolute final one.
Also, I just noticed you had the names of the Twitter users in the OP. Mine's @ShinFiremage , by the way.

Last edited:

itsameluigi1290

Smash Journeyman
NNID
luigitime1290
Hmm... well, this seems interesting, and I like drawing... I guess I can do this. I don't really want to do a signature though (my handwriting sucks ;-;). How long is the art phase?

Priap0s

Smash Journeyman
Checked the first post and it seems you forgot to add me. So put me down on the "no signature"-list when you have the time please. Love this idea :)

Pacack

Super Pac-Fan
NNID
Pacack
3DS FC
0688-5284-6845
I'll sign. What do I do to sign? And how can I contribute at the current stage you're at?
Signing can be done by scanning a piece of paper with your signature on it or by using one of those art pad things to create a digital signature. And we're currently at the phase where we need messages for the front of the card. Once we have enough, we'll have a contest to decide which is the best message for the card. The chosen message will be translated into Japanese so that Sakurai can read it.

Alright, I decided to fix up the little parts on the second one that were messed up without the outline and use it. I've fixed the little errors you could see at full size now, so here's the absolute final one.
Also, I just noticed you had the names of the Twitter users in the OP. Mine's @ShinFiremage , by the way.
I'll put them in the gallery and get your username put down in the OP!

Hmm... well, this seems interesting, and I like drawing... I guess I can do this. I don't really want to do a signature though (my handwriting sucks ;-;). How long is the art phase?
Aww, you sure about the signature? It doesn't have to be great.

The art phase is going on for each character until their round begins. I probably won't start until every character has at least one piece of artwork. So there's plenty of time.

Checked the first post and it seems you forgot to add me. So put me down on the "no signature"-list when you have the time please. Love this idea :)
I'm sorry about that. I'll get you down right away.

Last edited:

Zyfoe

Smash Apprentice
I'm still a novice, so it's not exactly amazing. I just think Snake needs some more god dang love (Plus I love the artstyle of MGS). Also, you can add me to the non-signers support list too.

Pacack

Super Pac-Fan
NNID
Pacack
3DS FC
0688-5284-6845
I'm still a novice, so it's not exactly amazing. I just think Snake needs some more god dang love (Plus I love the artstyle of MGS). Also, you can add me to the non-signers support list too.
I actually quite like your style. I'll gladly add it to the gallery! (And you'll be added to the non-signers as well, of course.)

Networker1

Smash Journeyman
Odd...I very distinctly remember adding this to the gallery. It's been replaced now, in any case.

im gonna have to put off bowser and instead do a stylised Olimar. (im doing these for an illustrator class)

ps:
IMG_1105.JPG

umm... you can rotate that right? im on mobile atm. :embarassed :

Shin F.

Smash Master
By the by, I've noticed Ice Climbers still have an X next to them in the character list instead of a checkmark. Not a biggie, just figured I'd point it out.

Pacack

Super Pac-Fan
NNID
Pacack
3DS FC
0688-5284-6845

im gonna have to put off bowser and instead do a stylised Olimar. (im doing these for an illustrator class)

ps:
View attachment 10703

umm... you can rotate that right? im on mobile atm. :embarassed :
Of course. I've got it saved.
By the by, I've noticed Ice Climbers still have an X next to them in the character list instead of a checkmark. Not a biggie, just figured I'd point it out.
Whoops. I hadn't realized you were the first Ice Climbers. Fixing momentarily.

Last edited:

WindozeNT

Smash Ace
NNID
WindozeNT
3DS FC
1865-1050-3752
Here's the final version of Mr. Game & Watch and the signature:

Last edited:

Pacack

Super Pac-Fan
NNID
Pacack
3DS FC
0688-5284-6845
So, what exactly are we supposed to write?

Also, I could probably draw Wario.
Basically, you can choose whether you want to focus mainly on "thanks for the great games", "get well soon", or some combination of both.

Would you also be willing to sign?

Here's the final version of Mr. Game & Watch and the signature:

Got it!

Last edited:

WindozeNT

Smash Ace
NNID
WindozeNT
3DS FC
1865-1050-3752
All of the poll results in the OP are 404ing.

Last edited:

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Wait, I didn't sign up for this?

Add me to non-signers. I will get a signature eventually. If this project is still on in the summer, I may make a drawing.

Top Bottom