• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project: Thank You Sakurai! Calling All Smash Fans and Artists! Under New Ownership!

Pacack

Super Pac-Fan
NNID
Pacack
3DS FC
0688-5284-6845
You said Kirby didn't have any drawings. And it isn't in the art gallery
Oh, I'm sorry. There was a misunderstanding. The underlined and bolded characters were ones that I needed more art of. I'll need at least two of Kirby. It's not a sign that I have no art for him.
oh yeah. I have a Twitter account:
Code:
@WindozeNT
I love you. You're only the third twitter user.
Great!

Then how should I post you the message now?
You don't have to do anything if you're just a non-signer.
Sign me up for signature, though i'll have to upload it later
Will do!
Interesting project.

You may put my name into the non-signing supporters. By the way, why aren't the Melee vets (Mewtwo, Roy, Y. Link, Pichu and Dr. Mario) in the poll?
I'll do so!

Because Sakurai has not acknowledged any artwork with cut melee vets in it since they were cut. I think that may be on purpose. Mainly keeping them out because of Mewtwo, though.

you can put me down as "6000pounds" as my sig and I can't draw for anything
Will do!
Fwhoop, almost for got to answer.

Just replace it, no point in keeping both now.
Gladly!

Here is completed Samus, feel free to replace the prototype with it. :D
View attachment 10297

Edit: not sure if I mentioned, but I'd like to sign with my username, Networker1. :)
Edit 2: removed Illustrator's "x" from the center
Uh...broken image?

Fox McCloud drops in. Probably was the longest one I have made so far. I can draw human and animals, but not only at the same time.

View attachment 10300

Also, I checked the art gallery, but my Kirby drawing wasn't in it.
My humblest apologies. I was sure that I'd gotten kirby. I'll add them both right away.

Just got done drawing Dedede, but gonna have to wait until tomorrow to post it, got no way of getting it on my PC right now.
I look forward to it!

A question before I submit my sig...if Sakurai happens to reveal Ridley as anything not-playable, can I take my artwork off the page?
Of course. Just contact me if that happens (which it probably won't)

Add me to the signature list, please.
Will do!

I'd like to sign up for an artist! I'll work on Peach since no one has yet.
I believe Peach does not have enough votes to make the cut, but I will accept your drawing nonetheless if you get it. However, Zelda and Rosalina have a fairly decent shot of getting in. (If your avatar is anything to go by.

Expect my next post to be poll results and whatnot.

Report (Large. Show full image at your own risk.):

Characters I already have art for:
Mario
Luigi
Donkey Kong
Yoshi
Link
Samus
Pit
Kirby
Meta Knight
Fox
Pikachu
Marth
Ness
Sonic
Villager
Mega Man
Wii Fit Trainer
Rosalina

Bandana Waddle Dee

Palutena

I could use art of any of the characters who have a 1.5% or higher on the Smash Bros. poll or characters who have a 7.5% or higher for Kirby or Kid Icarus (I decided to lower the bar a bit to get a lot of characters included since we are having four pages practically for sure now). I can always use more art for a character that's already in, though. Especially Kirby and Pit, since we need at least two for both of them.

Last edited by a moderator:

Gunla

It's my bit, you see.
Administrator
BRoomer
Writing Team
I might do Kirby. Just as an addition.

Pacack

Super Pac-Fan
NNID
Pacack
3DS FC
0688-5284-6845

Katy Parry

The Only Zelda in Indiana
NNID
justysuxx
Okay, Well I draw Zelda, then. I did already start Peach though, so I'd like to submit that first. :p Just for an idea of my skill, here's a drawing I did of Peach on Miiverse: I'd like to submit it anyway, and I'll still finish my OTHER peach drawing.

And this is one I did of a League of Legends Character.

Pacack

Super Pac-Fan
NNID
Pacack
3DS FC
0688-5284-6845
Okay, Well I draw Zelda, then. I did already start Peach though, so I'd like to submit that first. :p Just for an idea of my skill, here's a drawing I did of Peach on Miiverse: I'd like to submit it anyway, and I'll still finish my OTHER peach drawing.

And this is one I did of a League of Legends Character.

I lied, actually. After looking at the poll results and seeing that four pages is the highest rated format, I needed to reduce the characters that we're including. Peach got around 1.8% and I made the barrier around 1.5%. Unless things change, I will be including Peach.

Last edited:

Katy Parry

NNID
justysuxx
Got a Mario and Luigi.

Hey, will you color my Peach drawing when I'm finished to match yours? I LOVE the color scheme you have.

I lied, actually. After looking at the poll results and seeing that four pages is the highest rated format, I needed to reduce the characters that we're including. Peach got around 1.8% and I made the barrier around 1.5%. Unless things change, I will be including Peach.
So did you like the Peach drawing? Its not the real one I want to submit but it should give you an idea.

Last edited:

Pacack

Super Pac-Fan
NNID
Pacack
3DS FC
0688-5284-6845
Hey, will you color my Peach drawing when I'm finished to match yours? I LOVE the color scheme you have.
I'd actually quite enjoy that. The Mario and Luigi-esque style looks great.

So did you like the Peach drawing? Its not the real one I want to submit but it should give you an idea.
I added it to the gallery. It was really nice.

liets

Smash Ace
3DS FC
2852-9552-5494
ok so after many days of very short drawing increments, my kirby hats drawing is complete! i don't color my drawings, so i'll let anybody do that if they want. i can't get my scanner to work right, so the actual pic along with my sig will have to wait :/

WindozeNT

Smash Ace
NNID
WindozeNT
3DS FC
1865-1050-3752
Here's my Mr. Game & Watch. It's not the one I mentioned earlier -- that one was in Paint. I wouldn't consider this the final product; it's more of a rough draft. Also I scanned my signature.

I accidentally posted this in the Daitoryo thread and didn't catch the error until BluePikmin11 pointed it out.

Pacack

Super Pac-Fan
NNID
Pacack
3DS FC
0688-5284-6845
Sign me up!
Signing or non-signing?

Here's my Mr. Game & Watch. It's not the one I mentioned earlier -- that one was in Paint. I wouldn't consider this the final product; it's more of a rough draft. Also I scanned my signature.

I accidentally posted this in the Daitoryo thread and didn't catch the error until BluePikmin11 pointed it out.
I've saved the signature. Would you like me to add the Game and Watch to the gallery, or should I wait for a later draft?

WindozeNT

Smash Ace
NNID
WindozeNT
3DS FC
1865-1050-3752
I've saved the signature. Would you like me to add the Game and Watch to the gallery, or should I wait for a later draft?
I guess add it now. I might also have a cleaner signature along with it also.

Last edited:

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Sign me up! I love this idea. Sadly, I can't access a scanner, so I'll have to be under Support - Non-signing.

And that's a terrific Dedede.

Aduross

Smash Apprentice
Hey! Finally got my signature.

Decided to just sign it "Aduro." Haha.

Here's another fanart for the pile:

Zelda doesn't seem to be too high on the poll, but I she didn't have any art so... :3

Heh, that Dedede is quite nice! Wish I could color like that. :D

Katy Parry

NNID
justysuxx

Zelda doesn't seem to be too high on the poll, but I she didn't have any art so... :3

You should turn that into a stained glass esque drawing!

Pacack

Super Pac-Fan
NNID
Pacack
3DS FC
0688-5284-6845

Saved your signature and Adding the image to the gallery momentarily. I love it.

You should turn that into a stained glass esque drawing!
I would kill to see his Zelda and Link colored like stained glass.

Scoliosis Jones

Kept you waiting, huh?
Writing Team
NNID
ScoliosisxJones
3DS FC
1762-3194-1826
What would I have to do to sign? Would just be listing my name? I don't have a scanner or anything.

Pacack

Super Pac-Fan
NNID
Pacack
3DS FC
0688-5284-6845
What would I have to do to sign? Would just be listing my name? I don't have a scanner or anything.
Signing would need a signature via scanner or with Paint or something. It can be whatever you want, really. You can sign with your name, initals, username, or another alias. If you would like to still show your support for the project, you can be put down as a non-signing supporter and you'll still be added to the card and whatnot, but it'll just be text and will be done by another person.

Scoliosis Jones

Kept you waiting, huh?
Writing Team
NNID
ScoliosisxJones
3DS FC
1762-3194-1826
Ok then, just put me down as a supporter but without the signature. Hopefully this actually gets to Sakurai. I'm sure he would appreciate it.

Shin F.

Smash Master
Hey, do we need to have our signature / art right away to be added? I'd like to support with a signature and I might draw a picture of Ness (or someone else) if I have the time.

I also have a twitter. Though I scarcely use it, I would for this.

Last edited:

Pacack

Super Pac-Fan
NNID
Pacack
3DS FC
0688-5284-6845
Ok then, just put me down as a supporter but without the signature. Hopefully this actually gets to Sakurai. I'm sure he would appreciate it.
Will do.
Hey, do we need to have our signature / art right away to be added? I'd like to support with a signature and I might draw a picture of Ness (or someone else) if I have the time.

I also have a twitter. Though I scarcely use it, I would for this.
Not at all! The majority of people here that have entered as signers and artists haven't gotten theirs in yet. I'll go ahead and add you under signer, artist, and twitter user (AND THANK YOU FOR THAT ONE! I NEED TWITTER USERS BADLY).

Do you want me to open the poll for you to vote? You literally just missed it.

Shin F.

Smash Master
Will do.

Not at all! The majority of people here that have entered as signers and artists haven't gotten theirs in yet. I'll go ahead and add you under signer, artist, and twitter user (AND THANK YOU FOR THAT ONE! I NEED TWITTER USERS BADLY).

Do you want me to open the poll for you to vote? You literally just missed it.
Alright, I'll have those in as soon as I can.

Nah, that's okay :) I doubt one person would make that much difference in the overall results, and it had to close some time. Thank you for offering, though!

Last edited:

Pacack

Super Pac-Fan
NNID
Pacack
3DS FC
0688-5284-6845
Poll Results:
[collapse=SSB Series Results]
[/collapse]
[collapse=Kirby Series]
[/collapse]
[collapse=Kid Icarus Series]
[/collapse]

The characters in are the following (50 Vote Cut-off Point for Smash Bros. Series and 35 Vote Cut Off Point for Kirby and Kid Icarus) (Includes whether character has artwork already or not):
Mario ✓
Luigi ✓
Peach ✓
Bowser ✘
Donkey Kong ✓
Yoshi ✓
Link ✓
Zelda ✓
Samus ✓
Pit ✓
Ice Climbers ✘
R.O.B. ✘
Kirby ✓
Meta Knight ✓
King Dedede ✓
Captain Olimar ✘
Fox ✓
Captain Falcon ✘
Pikachu ✓
Jigglypuff ✓
Marth ✓
Ness ✓
Mr. Game and Watch ✓
Snake ✓
Sonic ✓
Villager ✓
Mega Man ✓
Wii Fit Trainer ✓
Rosalina ✓
Little Mac ✘
Master Hand ✘
Sandbag ✘
Bandana Waddle Dee ✓
Gooey ✘
(Generic) Waddle Dee ✘
Waddle Doo ✘
Knuckle Joe ✘
Palutena ✓
Viridi ✘
Dark Pit ✘
Medusa ✘
Hades ✘
Eggplant Wizard ✘

I would like to personally apologize to fans of the following characters, as they missed their chance by less than five votes:
Wario (49 Votes)
Ganondorf (48 Votes)
Rick (31 Votes)
Adeline (34 Votes)
Prince Fluff (34 Votes)
Magnus (31 Votes)

@ Shin F. Shin F. , I would like give you the opportunity one more time to vote in the poll. You may submit exactly one vote to me for Wario, Adeline, or Prince Fluff if you choose to do so. Apparently, one vote occasionally does affect the outcome.

We are officially using the four page layout for the card.

I would like to thank everyone who took the time to vote in this poll and would like to apologize to anyone who started artwork on a character under the premise that they were safe bets. Thank you to you all.

Phase 2 has officially begun and the OP has been updated with the poll results. Go to the OP for details on Phase 2, the message.

Shin F.

Smash Master
@ Shin F. Shin F. , I would like give you the opportunity one more time to vote in the poll. You may submit exactly one vote to me for Wario, Adeline, or Prince Fluff if you choose to do so. Apparently, one vote occasionally does affect the outcome.
Well, I certainly didn't expect that... in that case, I believe I saw someone who wanted to draw Adeleine on this page, and I like her as well, so I'll take your offer this time and cast a vote for her. Thanks again for the chance to do so.

I couldn't wait to upload my signature, by the way, so here it is.

Pacack

Super Pac-Fan
NNID
Pacack
3DS FC
0688-5284-6845
Well, I certainly didn't expect that... in that case, I believe I saw someone who wanted to draw Adeleine on this page, and I like her as well, so I'll take your offer this time and cast a vote for her. Thanks again for the chance to do so.

I couldn't wait to upload my signature, by the way, so here it is.
Your vote has been counted. Thank you, by the way. That was the one I was feeling super guilty about.

Top Bottom