• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project: Thank You Sakurai! Calling All Smash Fans and Artists! Under New Ownership!

WindozeNT

Smash Ace
NNID
WindozeNT
3DS FC
1865-1050-3752
yeah, from how it looks so far, my portrait of G&W really sucks.

APC99

Smash Master
NNID
APC-99
3DS FC
3840-8265-8211
I have no ideas of who to do next...what characters haven't been drawn yet? Hopefully the upcoming drawing won't be overshadowed like my Ganondorf picture.
I don't know, maybe wait until an idea pops into your head... I'm just excited to see so many good artists sharing their work!

liets

Smash Ace
3DS FC
2852-9552-5494
...how exactly do you screw up G&W?
now just watch, my G&W kirby will take many attempts to look good XP
but in all seriousness, keep trying- i have faith that you can do it!!!

and speaking of my kirbys, which ones would you peoples out there like me to include?

Radical Bones

Soul King
Switch FC
SW-3027-1027-5433
I'll be a signer under Radical Beam! This is an excellent idea. I'm not a good artist but if I get bored on my day off tomorrow I'll give something a go...

PixelPasta

Smash Lord
I fully support this idea!

I thought I might as well pull up some art I've been doing of the currently revealed characters. First up, Villager!

This thread has given me motivation to finish my Olimar drawing, so I'll also post that one eventually.

Last edited:

Gunla

It's my bit, you see.
Administrator
BRoomer
Writing Team
I'll need to redo Ness, but for now...
Sig:

Rosalina: Went with a bit of a noir-esque style with this one. And for my actual (seriously, ACTUAL) first time sketching Rosalina, it's adequate for my standards.
Now as to what to do next...

Last edited:

liets

Smash Ace
3DS FC
2852-9552-5494
okaay so my drawing is going well for the small small amount of time i have, finished link kirby and started on the samus one. same question as before: suggestions? anybody? please??

Anomilus

Smash Lord
NNID
Hyperdon
This seems to happen to me more often than not. I decide to do something, I get a little bit into it... and before I know it...

...Well here.

Without a doubt my most ambitious drawing... ever. I outdid myself. Of course using 3D Colors! on the 3DS helps. But it came out darn good. And it also made me realize how little I know about drawing proper lighting.

Anyhoo obviously this is my official volunteering as an artist and my Meta Knight entry. I'll also provide a signing at some point.

APC99

Smash Master
NNID
APC-99
3DS FC
3840-8265-8211
This seems to happen to me more often than not. I decide to do something, I get a little bit into it... and before I know it...

...Well here.

Without a doubt my most ambitious drawing... ever. I outdid myself. Of course using 3D Colors! on the 3DS helps. But it came out darn good. And it also made me realize how little I know about drawing proper lighting.

Anyhoo obviously this is my official volunteering as an artist and my Meta Knight entry. I'll also provide a signing at some point.

Nice job, it looks great!

APC99

Smash Master
NNID
APC-99
3DS FC
3840-8265-8211
I'll be astounded if this project amounts to anything.
Seriously?

We may not be the best artists, or the best gamers, or whatever, but we're actually showing we care and support this man who's so dedicated to his work, that with two extreme arm injuries, he's STILL developing the game daily. We want to thank him for all of his work. And with so many people showing their love (nearly 300 posts in less than 4 days) for this man, I think that the community is actually shining through.

Pacack

Super Pac-Fan
NNID
Pacack
3DS FC
0688-5284-6845
I do have a small idea for the card - if you're up to hear it.
Do tell!

I'm now signing this, Pacack.
Signing as in signature, yes?
Changing my mind. Not going to sign. However, I'll support it.
I'll put you down in the non-signing list.

Oh, come on. It can't be that bad. (Besides, you'll be the first G&W on this thread)

I'll be a signer under Radical Beam! This is an excellent idea. I'm not a good artist but if I get bored on my day off tomorrow I'll give something a go...
I'll add you as just a signer for now. Tell me if that needs to change :D

I fully support this idea!

I thought I might as well pull up some art I've been doing of the currently revealed characters. First up, Villager!

This thread has given me motivation to finish my Olimar drawing, so I'll also post that one eventually.
Signing or non-signing? I'll add your art to the gallery momentarily.

I'll need to redo Ness, but for now...
Sig:

Rosalina: Went with a bit of a noir-esque style with this one. And for my actual (seriously, ACTUAL) first time sketching Rosalina, it's adequate for my standards.
Now as to what to do next...
Got the signature and adding Rosalina to the gallery. If you need ideas, look at the very bottom of this post.

Great idea, add me as a non-signer please
Gladly!
I originally wasn't going to make a drawing... but whatever, here's DK.
I'll add it to the gallery. I'm assuming you still want to be a non-signer. Tell me if I'm wrong.

okaay so my drawing is going well for the small small amount of time i have, finished link kirby and started on the samus one. same question as before: suggestions? anybody? please??
Bottom of this post.

...Well here.

I'd be honored to have your Meta Knight in my gallery. I'll also add you as an artist and signer.

I'm currently working on the art for this project.

I'm planning on drawing the characters in the 64 art style:

Right now, I'm working on Ness.

Jeez, downer much?
Oooh, I definitely look forward to this one.

I have no ideas of who to do next...what characters haven't been drawn yet? Hopefully the upcoming drawing won't be overshadowed like my Ganondorf picture.
The current characters that are looking to be locks include the following:

Smash Bros. Series Locks (40+ Votes):
Mario 71
Luigi 43
Donkey Kong 49
Yoshi 48
Link 65
Samus 57
Pit 57
Kirby 72
Meta Knight 43
King Dedede 46
Fox 54
Captain Falcon 55
Pikachu 57
Marth 45
Ness 50
Mr. Game and Watch 44
Sonic 46
Villager 48
Mega Man 49
Little Mac 43
Master Hand 44 (surprisingly high)

Smash Bros. Series Borderline (30-39 Votes):
Peach 31
Bowser 34
Zelda 36
R.O.B. 30
Captain Olimar 35
*Jigglypuff 33 (If we include all 64 veterans, she's a lock. If we don't, she's borderline.)
Wii Fit Trainer 38
Rosalina 37
Sandbag 32

Kirby Series Locks (25+ Votes):
(Kirby, King Dedede, and Meta Knight are in the Smash Bros. part of poll and are locks)
Bandana Waddle Dee 43
Knuckle Joe 26

Kirby Series Borderline (15-24 Votes)
Gooey 17
Adeline 17
Prince Fluff 18

Kid Icarus Series Locks (20+ Votes):
(Pit is in Smash Bros. part of poll and is a lock)
Palutena 73 (higher than Pit himself for some reason?)
Viridi 35
Dark Pit 25 (somewhat surprising)
Hades 33

Kid Icarus Series Borderline (15-19 Votes)
Magnus 16
Medusa 19
Eggplant Wizard 19 (VERY Surprising)

Out of these, I have at least one piece of artwork for any underlined ones. Ones that are both underlined and bolded still could use more artwork.

Last edited:

Networker1

Smash Journeyman
Here is an early stage Samus, I still need to add lighting effects though.
samus prototype.PNG

Edit: @AndreaAC, could I Illustrate your sketch of Samus? Yours is much better than the one I drew. :p

Last edited:

JamesDNaux

Smash Hero
NNID
JamesDNaux

I guess I'll be the first Snake, just finished this so I thought I'd share it here. Gotta let Sakurai know we want him back!

Pacack

Super Pac-Fan
NNID
Pacack
3DS FC
0688-5284-6845
I'll sign on board :p
I'm assuming that means signature. I'll put you down.

I'll sign it. In fact, my signature is on the image itself.
Great! Could you provide a larger image than the one on that image, though? It's a bit small for my needs.
Here is an early stage Samus, I still need to add lighting effects though.
View attachment 10141

Edit: @AndreaAC, could I Illustrate your sketch of Samus? Yours is much better than the one I drew. :p
I'll add it to the gallery.

I guess I'll be the first Snake, just finished this so I thought I'd share it here. Gotta let Sakurai know we want him back!
I'm sorry to say that, right now at least, it doesn't look like Snake's high enough on the poll. I'll add it to the gallery anyways, but don't be surprised if we don't even have a round for Snake.

Last edited:

TheSmasher916

Smash Journeyman
Put me on the signatures as my current username. I really hope this pulls through, I'm sure Sakurai would appreciate it.

Khao

Smash Lord
Hey, that Mega Man drawing I did earlier? I added some colors to it:

Should probably have done Dedede first like I said, but oh well, already did so and I guess there's no going back now. =P

Will probably do Dedede tomorrow, if not, then the day after.

Last edited:

Fire Emblemier

The Crests are to Blame
Switch FC
SW-2862-0450-4332
As of right now, I'm a non-signing supporter since, at the moment, I don't have scanner to provide a photo. I still do support, though.

Pacack

Super Pac-Fan
NNID
Pacack
3DS FC
0688-5284-6845
Hey, that Mega Man drawing I did earlier? I added some colors to it:

Should probably have done Dedede first like I said, but oh well, already did so and I guess there's no going back now. =P

Will probably do Dedede tomorrow, if not, then the day after.
Would you like me to add this one separately to the gallery or would you rather I replace the old one?
I support.

Took the poll too.
Thanks a bunch! Will that be signing or non-signing?

As of right now, I'm a non-signing supporter since, at the moment, I don't have scanner to provide a photo. I still do support, though.
I'll be sure to have that down. Tell me if that changes.

(Also, for anyone wondering what my own signature looks like, here are my initials.)

Last edited:

KenboCalrissian

YouTube: SewerBuddies
NNID
KenboCalrissian
3DS FC
2165-5810-5680
Switch FC
SW 5178 3144 4326
I want to vote for R.O.B., Bandana Waddle-Dee, and Eggplant Wizard, but it looks like your polling site is trying to sign me up for junk mail so I probably closed out of it before finishing. So, I'm going to vote via write-in.

Do you have a deadline for the art contest? My g/f would probably be really interested in that phase.

Last edited:

Glaciacott

Smash Lord
I love this idea. Put me down for a signature, although it'll just be the internet alias.

I'll see about getting some Kid Icarus artwork at some point. This is definitely the push I needed to get on that.
Also, for reference to those who haven't voted for Kid Icarus drawings, I believe Dark Pit is one of his favorite characters. Should definitely be in this, imo.

Last edited:

Pacack

Super Pac-Fan
NNID
Pacack
3DS FC
0688-5284-6845
I want to vote for R.O.B., Bandana Waddle-Dee, and Eggplant Wizard, but it looks like your polling site is trying to sign me up for junk mail so I probably closed out of it before finishing. So, I'm going to vote via write-in.

Do you have a deadline for the art contest? My g/f would probably be really interested in that phase.
If you went through the first page, then it counted. The sign-in thing at the end is completely optional.

The art part of the contest will be starting a bit after the polling finishes, and each character will have about a week of voting done on them. As long as she doesn't choose a character that's going first (and I can move around the schedule if she does :p) then there's more than enough time.

I love this idea. Put me down for a signature, although it'll just be the internet alias.

I'll see about getting some Kid Icarus artwork at some point. This is definitely the push I needed to get on that.
Also, for reference to those who haven't voted for Kid Icarus drawings, I believe Dark Pit is one of his favorite characters. Should definitely be in this, imo.
Will do!

Dark Pit is actually surprisingly high. Here's a list of characters that will likely be included in the card from the Kid Icarus franchise:

Palutena: 87
Viridi: 43
Magnus: 22
Dark Pit: 32
Medusa: 24
Hades: 41
Eggplant Wizard: 29

Pacack

Super Pac-Fan
NNID
Pacack
3DS FC
0688-5284-6845
I'd like to sign up as an artist, when's the deadline for submissions?
When the contest for that particular character starts (anywhere from like 2.5 weeks to months from now). If you need more time, I can push a certain character back for you. Just PM me if you're falling behind the schedule.

Would you like to sign as well?

Last edited:

Neo Zero

Banned via Administration
Sign me up for signature, though ill have to upload the scan on the weekend if that's all right.

Top Bottom