• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project Mewtwo- Mewtwo v1.00 - WHOA VERSION JUMP. Moveset complete! Touch-ups begin!

Status
Not open for further replies.

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
Can't wait for it to finish! Im still madly pissed the fact that he didn't make the cut... :*(****

MewtwoEx

Smash Rookie
is it possible, to play as Mewtwo online if both wifi players have the same patch enabled?

DarkDragoon

Smash Champion
NNID
LordDarkDragoon
is it possible, to play as Mewtwo online if both wifi players have the same patch enabled?
As long as both players online have the exact same everything code and .pac wise, then there will be no problems playing. The actual graphical things like textures don't actually matter.
-DD

pokelover980

Smash Ace
Oooooooooh, just got around to testing my latest animation with the item thing. It doesn't work very well, the item goes inside one of his arms :U

I'll get around to fixing it after I finish something I'm doing (not related to Brawl).

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
Somebody update with some news please! I am eager to know if it goes further (Sorry for my impatience)

JediKnightTemplar

Smash Lord
I remember hearing somewhere about Mewtwo's model, shadow ball, and some SFX being somewhere on the disk for Brawl. Even though I have seen the ISO, if anyone else has heard this and knows where it could be found, Mewtwo could become a fully playable character when the moveset is finished.

pokelover980

Smash Ace
I remember hearing somewhere about Mewtwo's model, shadow ball, and some SFX being somewhere on the disk for Brawl. Even though I have seen the ISO, if anyone else has heard this and knows where it could be found, Mewtwo could become a fully playable character when the moveset is finished.
No model or Shadow Ball, but SFX were found, along with a blank effect file and a few other blank files. This is the same for all of the Forbidden 7, except I believe Mewtwo was the only one with SFX.

EDIT: @Lateralus: Your win has been granted, someone already did that :U

DarkDragoon

Smash Champion
NNID
LordDarkDragoon
@Lateralus: Your win has been granted, someone already did that :U
:3 I'm trying to get the process a little more usable for my own use, but I plan on redoing what has been done for Mewtwo's vertex hack already.

Should be fun.

In a terrible sort of way.
-DD

BG3

Smash Journeyman
DD is now a part of the Project:M development team, so things might go a little slower.

DarkDragoon

Smash Champion
NNID
LordDarkDragoon
DD is now a part of the Project:M development team, so things might go a little slower.
Yeah, this.

But I'm learning stuff that will really help when I get back to it xD.
-DD

2kReturner

Smash Rookie
Don't know if this has been asked before but can you make the Brawl Mewtwo look more like the one from Melee?

Also, what program do I have to download in order for this to work? Do all these work in Brawl+?

mariorocks64

Smash Journeyman
If Pokemon Battle revolution has MDL0, we could use the mewtwo model, but then you would have to make custom animations for everything. And you may have to resize him in PSA.

XmewtwoX

Smash Rookie
so is this project finished? i've read most of the posts here (boredom gets to u) and i cant really tell if people are still working on it o.0 i really hope this gets finished cause mewtwo was my fave in melee :3

Oni K4ge

Smash Lord
I actually tried simply swapping the mewtwo model from the trophy with lucario's model, and then loading the motion etc and tried some animations. Long Story short: LOL.

DoB04

Smash Journeyman
I don't think Mew can load over Lucario, although I haven't tried it... but yeah I guess it would be easier to vertex a Mew rather than Lucario...

superyoshi888

Smash Lord
Mew can once BrawlBox v.64 gets released. All we would have to do is add bones to Mew, maybe in a similar structure as Lucario so that the animations wouldn't have to be remade, and then vertex hack Mew so she looks like Mewtwo.

At least, I think the model rebuilder is being released in .64...

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
Mew can once BrawlBox v.64 gets released. All we would have to do is add bones to Mew, maybe in a similar structure as Lucario so that the animations wouldn't have to be remade, and then vertex hack Mew so she looks like Mewtwo.

At least, I think the model rebuilder is being released in .64...
Could work.. but... Mew is actually not a she :p

superyoshi888

Smash Lord
Holy crap, I was telling myself to not put she there. I must've done it subconciously or something. O.o

Either way, even if Legend's tend to not have genders, I still like to refer to them with them. Typically he, but I guess in Mew's case she works better.

Shadowbolt

Smash Ace
Now I'm *really* confused. How would turning Mew into Mewtwo be easier than perfecting the work you've already done with Lucario? Also, if you can *add* bones to a model, why don't you just add them to Mewtwo's trophy?

Oshtoby

Smash Apprentice
Burholme, Philadelphia, PA, USA, North America, Ea
Once version .64 of BrawlBox comes out why don't we just apply Lucario's Bones to Mewtwo's model from Melee? This way, not only will we be able to have him use the animations and stuff we already have in this moveset, people who don't want a new moveset can still use Mewtwo as an alternate costume. It'll be just as much work with a better end result.

pokelover980

Smash Ace
Now I'm *really* confused. How would turning Mew into Mewtwo be easier than perfecting the work you've already done with Lucario? Also, if you can *add* bones to a model, why don't you just add them to Mewtwo's trophy?
We can't add bones yet. It's something that Kryal is working on.

And I need to get back to making animations for this project soon :U

Aninymouse

3DS Surfer
3DS FC
3540-0120-0225
Hey, I know you guys have been working on this for a long, long time and have put a lot of work into it... but why in the world would you start this project with the intention of overwriting Lucario?

I gotta admit I don't know anything about what's possible and impossible when it comes to model hacking, but if what I read on this very page is true, you ought to be able to import Mewtwo's melee model OR add bones to his Brawl trophy... so please, why not consider overwriting an actual worthless character instead of a totally valid one?

DoB04

Smash Journeyman
no that is not yet possible... the only models we can import are the ones with .mdl0 extensions.... Melee models are not .mdl0's... and there is no way to put bones into the trophy model yet.... supposedly, all of the above will be possible by the next release of brawlbox though, so all we can do is wait :)

dirtboy345

Smash Ace
well we can wait for the clone engine but im pretty sure that this started before most of all this model swapping so when they started vertexing they got a pretty decent vertex edit of lucario but without actually swapping there's less to improve on

XmewtwoX

Smash Rookie
Hey, I know you guys have been working on this for a long, long time and have put a lot of work into it... but why in the world would you start this project with the intention of overwriting Lucario?

I gotta admit I don't know anything about what's possible and impossible when it comes to model hacking, but if what I read on this very page is true, you ought to be able to import Mewtwo's melee model OR add bones to his Brawl trophy... so please, why not consider overwriting an actual worthless character instead of a totally valid one?
i'm not a part of this project, but i think that replacing lucario is for the time being because all the other options are not possible (yet)
once they are able to import any type of model into brawl, they would most likely put it over a worthless character, and then when the clone engine comes out they will not need to replace any1 :)
this might not be true, but its what i think they will do

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom