• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project Mewtwo- Mewtwo v1.00 - WHOA VERSION JUMP. Moveset complete! Touch-ups begin!

Status
Not open for further replies.

pokelover980

Smash Ace
I've changed a little bit of my floating animation for Mewtwo, and I also fixed the Fair and Bair animations to make them look less... weird. I'll fix any other animations that need to look less weird when I get around to it (I know Uair needs to be fixed, really badly too :x ). And no, I haven't fixed the glitch that causes him to go and then stop and then go, but I think it has to do with the run brake animation ('cause I changed the Dash animation and it still did the thing). Oh, and I have a snapshot this time:

That's during the float animation. I removed the tassels (which is what they're called in BrawlBox, I dunno what they're called for an English name :U) and made the ears smaller so he resembles Mewtwo more. Here's the DL link: He floats!

DarkDragoon

Smash Champion
NNID
LordDarkDragoon
heres a model im working on :p

this is vertex hacking, so it wont affect other costumes
Does the fact that you're editing the T Pose mean that it will auto apply to all animations? I'm thinking it probably wont...

I've changed a little bit of my floating animation for Mewtwo, and I also fixed the Fair and Bair animations to make them look less... weird. I'll fix any other animations that need to look less weird when I get around to it (I know Uair needs to be fixed, really badly too :x ). And no, I haven't fixed the glitch that causes him to go and then stop and then go, but I think it has to do with the run brake animation ('cause I changed the Dash animation and it still did the thing). Oh, and I have a snapshot this time:

That's during the float animation. I removed the tassels (which is what they're called in BrawlBox, I dunno what they're called for an English name :U) and made the ears smaller so he resembles Mewtwo more. Here's the DL link: He floats!
:D Wow! Thanks for the hard work here. I'll take a look at this later. Also, remove the spikes ;P.
-DD

superyoshi888

Smash Lord
Vertex hacking changes the model itself, not the bones. It should stay the same in game with out reverting.

DarkDragoon

Smash Champion
NNID
LordDarkDragoon
Vertex hacking changes the model itself, not the bones. It should stay the same in game with out reverting.
:O Oooohh.

>_> I feel like if someone had told me that EARLIER, I would have already been working on this.

*facepalm*

I'll get started.
>=]

-DD

grim mouser

Smash Journeyman
=O This is looking good. Vertex hack + Register's texture = almost-Mewtwo.

Probably the best that can be done short of a model importer.

This will look great.

DarkDragoon

Smash Champion
NNID
LordDarkDragoon
Hm...we probably would need to rebuild the animations to fit the new model after the vertex changes, right? Otherwise he'll take Lucario's shape again.
D:
-DD

DarkDragoon

Smash Champion
NNID
LordDarkDragoon
I think I'll make a new video within a week or two, just in case more progress is made with the animations or something.
-DD

pokelover980

Smash Ace
I think I'll make a new video within a week or two, just in case more progress is made with the animations or something.
-DD
Progress, you say? Well, if removing those dreaded locks and making his ears look more Mewtwo like on more animations is progress, I'm your guy! My animations for removing the dreaded locks are meant to be used just until fortwaffles and anyone else finished with their Mewtwo vertices hacks, or for people who prefer a Mewtwo like this on all costumes without using any texture/vertices hacks (but those people are considered weird IMO, so ignore this part XD). Anyways, I have progress on my animations. Not much, but all running/walking animations are dreadlockless with weird ears, most, if not all, falling animations, some jumping animations and the wait animations are also fixed in this manner. Here is a DL link: http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?kjgyldynzml
Enjoy!

EDIT: See my newest post (two posts from this one XD) for the update, this one is broken :U

smashmaniac2008

Smash Journeyman
@pokelover: tassels - a tuft of loosely hanging threads, cords, or other material knotted at one end and attached for decoration to home furnishings, clothing, or other items.

just so you know

pokelover980

Smash Ace
@pokelover: tassels - a tuft of loosely hanging threads, cords, or other material knotted at one end and attached for decoration to home furnishings, clothing, or other items.

just so you know
I know, but that's the Japanese name for his dreaded locks. I had a temporary mind block on what they were called and went by what they're bone name was in BBox.

EDIT: Uh oh, I made an error in my last update :X

Anyways, here's the fixed update: http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?ozzmnzywtkk

DarkDragoon

Smash Champion
NNID
LordDarkDragoon
:3 I dunno how long it takes, but for the interest of time just make the animations as though you were using the vertex hacked Mewtwo. xD Once Mewtwo looks like Mewtwo, like hell if I'm going to let Lucario see the sun ever again.
-DD

fortwaffles

Smash Ace
:3 I dunno how long it takes, but for the interest of time just make the animations as though you were using the vertex hacked Mewtwo. xD Once Mewtwo looks like Mewtwo, like hell if I'm going to let Lucario see the sun ever again.
-DD
D: but i lub lucario!
Edit: Moar than Mewtwo :\

pokelover980

Smash Ace
-DD
One animation takes a whole 45 seconds to make the ears smaller and remove the dreadlocks XD

But yes, that's why I didn't bother with the tail yet, because Fortwaffles did that already. I'm only making him look more like Mewtwo until FW releases the vertex hack. Then I'll focus on giving him his Melee animations if you want.

fortwaffles

Smash Ace
One animation takes a whole 45 seconds to make the ears smaller and remove the dreadlocks XD

But yes, that's why I didn't bother with the tail yet, because Fortwaffles did that already. I'm only making him look more like Mewtwo until FW releases the vertex hack. Then I'll focus on giving him his Melee animations if you want.
It has been released, I just havent told many ppl. (ppl need to visit mediafire.com/fortwaffles more often lol)

Edit im moving on to a new character... this one is a fire emblem character.
if anyone uses the mewtwo thing i made, i guess credit me pl0x :\

pokelover980

Smash Ace
It has been released, I just havent told many ppl. (ppl need to visit mediafire.com/fortwaffles more often lol)

Oh, I really do need to visit more often XD

Well, I guess I'll move on to making his Melee animations since you've made the model.

EDIT: Why did you rename the ear bones?

DarkDragoon

Smash Champion
NNID
LordDarkDragoon
o.O So is Mewtwo "finished" or are you leaving that to us?

If you are, I'll pick it up I guess. Get the tail and stuff straightened out, so we can start on the tilt/UAir/BAir animations.
-DD

STUFF2o

Smash Ace

Why does it have Pichu-esque ears?

DarkDragoon

Smash Champion
NNID
LordDarkDragoon
Meh, okay. I'll keep working on the vertex mod then.

I have nothing better to do until a smasher calls me up and wants to play :3.

-DD

fortwaffles

Smash Ace
Yes. I am handing my Mewtwo over to DarkDragoon.
I will be working on a new character, she's a female, from fire emblem, and doesnt fight with a sword
And the ear bones are renamed so the translation wouldn't be messed up by the animations

pokelover980

Smash Ace
Well, I got a little bored, and fixed some animations and edited the WaitItem animation. I realized that the WaitItem animation in PSA instantly went to Win2Wait, so I edited that single line out. Then I said to myself, "Well, if I'm going to give them two files I might as well just make a pack and include the model." So I did. All I edited in the FitLucario.pac was getting rid of the Goto so he will go into regular WaitItem animation, which I edited so he stands with his arms crossed and the item floats in front of him (no guarantees though, I didn't really get to fully test it because my mom and sister wanted to use the Wii <.<; ). I also edited the run animation and any animation that deals with it so he floats closer to the ground (he floats half as high as before now). Still can't get rid of that dreaded running lag, though. So, this pack includes:
FitLucario.pac
FitLucarioMotionEtc.pac
FitLucario00.pac
FitLucario00.pcs

The textures are FortWaffles' Mewtwo model. Here is the DL link: http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?w1tmrnfyimq

Oni K4ge

Smash Lord
Well, I got a little bored, and fixed some animations and edited the WaitItem animation. I realized that the WaitItem animation in PSA instantly went to Win2Wait, so I edited that single line out. Then I said to myself, "Well, if I'm going to give them two files I might as well just make a pack and include the model." So I did. All I edited in the FitLucario.pac was getting rid of the Goto so he will go into regular WaitItem animation, which I edited so he stands with his arms crossed and the item floats in front of him (no guarantees though, I didn't really get to fully test it because my mom and sister wanted to use the Wii <.<; ). I also edited the run animation and any animation that deals with it so he floats closer to the ground (he floats half as high as before now). Still can't get rid of that dreaded running lag, though. So, this pack includes:
FitLucario.pac
FitLucarioMotionEtc.pac
FitLucario00.pac
FitLucario00.pcs

The textures are FortWaffles' Mewtwo model. Here is the DL link: http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?w1tmrnfyimq
Tried it earlier, his ears are ****ed up, otherwise everything is beautiful. oh and you dont rly notice the ears unless its paused, but still :U

pokelover980

Smash Ace
Tried it earlier, his ears are ****ed up, otherwise everything is beautiful. oh and you dont rly notice the ears unless its paused, but still :U
Yeah, I noticed that, it's just FortWaffles model that made the ears ****ed up. Not really sure what he did to make them like that, in BrawlBox the ears show up fine with his model :U

Oni K4ge

Smash Lord
Ohh ok. Yeah, I saw it in brawlbox too! in game its like "whoa lol wtf". Whats weird is that if you use the B-Air for the first time in a match, quickly pause, and see THE EARS LOOK FINE! Only for a second though, then they go back to deformaty...

Buci01

Smash Journeyman
Video, please anyone?
I have no ability and hardware to hack, so seeing it would be nice

agroves

Smash Apprentice
Bridge of Don, Aberdeen, Scotland, Europe, Earth
The ears look like Mewtwo's except for 1. I think they look ok if your just brawling for fun but you will unfortunately notice them in the pause menu. By the way congratulations to whoever made the textures and ears for him. I never knew that you could edit that amount of data :)

fortwaffles

Smash Ace
The ears look like Mewtwo's except for 1. I think they look ok if your just brawling for fun but you will unfortunately notice them in the pause menu. By the way congratulations to whoever made the textures and ears for him. I never knew that you could edit that amount of data :)
*bows* you're welcome :3

DarkDragoon

Smash Champion
NNID
LordDarkDragoon
So? What's the news on everything else? (Shameless bump)
Well, I'm starting the model over from scratch. It was a good start, but there are just too many errors and strange things in it I don't want to get around to fixing later...

So that's where we're at right now. Also, workin' for Project:M, so I'm doin' some work there too.

So yeah, that's where we're at.
-DD

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom