• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project Mewtwo- Mewtwo v1.00 - WHOA VERSION JUMP. Moveset complete! Touch-ups begin!

Status
Not open for further replies.

pokelover980

Smash Ace
Thanks to the newest update of BrawlBox, and a little advice from Kryal, I have made Lucario Mewtwo float for his running animation. I need to fix it a little, but it should be good enough. It uses the animation file provided with the Mewtwo DL package, so no need to think that all your animations are gonna look different. Here's the download link:

http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?z5vzytyywvm

Have some fun with what I've done so far =D

Rkey

Smash Journeyman
There's one thing you should try to do, which is adding some downward momentum before the second jump so that it moves the sam way Yoshi, Ness and Lucas does (the way it did in melee). Other than that I guess wait for model extractor and We have a Mewtwo ^_^

But, why does it cause trip? Why not shieldbreakmode like in melee?

DarkDragoon

Smash Champion
NNID
LordDarkDragoon
There's one thing you should try to do, which is adding some downward momentum before the second jump so that it moves the sam way Yoshi, Ness and Lucas does (the way it did in melee). Other than that I guess wait for model extractor and We have a Mewtwo ^_^

But, why does it cause trip? Why not shieldbreakmode like in melee?
o_o Uhh..Confusion causes Trip, in Melee it just made the opponent float and give them a free shot at you.

The DownB move is not completed yet, its just a placeholder move. It used to do the "stun" mode, but the new animations added for "leaving stun" made all forms of Disable either broken or useless.

So yeah.
>_< Why don't people know the difference between Mewtwo's most useless moves?
-DD

pokelover980

Smash Ace
Is it just me, or is their traction now? Maybe it's just my Animation Hack to make him float, but it seemed like traction. I though it was just me at first, so I asked a few friends what they though when they saw me playing and they said it looked kinda like traction. I still think it's just me, but I'm not sure :U

sffadsad

Smash Apprentice
In case you haven't heard yet.

I found a really useful technique. Seems that the size and proportions of a model are determined by the Translations on bones, so by copying all Translations from a T-Stance to the first frame of any character's animation, you could give any character an animation from any other character, even if they aren't even close to the same size. Now, what were those animations that would work perfectly if they fit his model...?
Came from the Yoshimitsu PSA thread.

Rkey

Smash Journeyman
o_o Uhh..Confusion causes Trip, in Melee it just made the opponent float and give them a free shot at you.

The DownB move is not completed yet, its just a placeholder move. It used to do the "stun" mode, but the new animations added for "leaving stun" made all forms of Disable either broken or useless.

So yeah.
>_< Why don't people know the difference between Mewtwo's most useless moves?
-DD
Sry, mixed them up, I was thinking about down b >_>

Almo40192

Smash Rookie
This. Not going to bother wasting time modding Lucario. >_>;
-Nick
Don't mean to sound like a noob at all....but what's been going on then and what progress has been made?

Repeat: Just a question, don't mean to sound pushy or like a noob

Oni K4ge

Smash Lord
This. Not going to bother wasting time modding Lucario. >_>;
-Nick
True, but isn't the Down Special incomplete? And has anyone figured out how to make Shadow Ball swirl around? We could add SFX too, y'know (sort of). Like, find a slashing sound and put it in for F-Air. Also, pokelover made him float for the run animation. There IS stuff to do...

Almo40192

Smash Rookie
True, but isn't the Down Special incomplete? And has anyone figured out how to make Shadow Ball swirl around? We could add SFX too, y'know (sort of). Like, find a slashing sound and put it in for F-Air. Also, pokelover made him float for the run animation. There IS stuff to do...
This is what i meant to say

pokelover980

Smash Ace
Well well, it seems our good friend Kirk has found the hex offset for Aura Sphere. I used his knowledge and extremely broke Aura Sphere making it kill in two hits. I bet this means you could give it the darkness effect to make it more like Shadow Ball :U

DarkDragoon

Smash Champion
NNID
LordDarkDragoon
>_> Well, I'm dealing with finals and such right now, so I can't do anything.
Down Special can be fixed, I just need time :3.

SFX is meh. Its not important to me right now, and its only necessary as a final asset in character creation, especially since we can't import new ones efficiently yet.

>.> He made Lucario float, and thats great, but we don't know if it will still work when we drop Mewtwo's model in on him. Model importing will be in soon enough, and then I'll start messing more with animations myself.

Of course there are things to do, but I'm busy and the things that can be done[mostly animation] may be complete wastes when model importation is added.

Well well, it seems our good friend Kirk has found the hex offset for Aura Sphere. I used his knowledge and extremely broke Aura Sphere making it kill in two hits. I bet this means you could give it the darkness effect to make it more like Shadow Ball :U
:3 I can use this. Link pl0x.
-DD

pokelover980

Smash Ace
:3 I can use this. Link pl0x.
-DD
This thread right here:
Article Floating Points

Scroll down until you see Lucario. Sadly, you have to edit it all in hex until Dant comes out with a version of OSA 2 that supports articles (he said somewhere in that thread that he might be able to add support because of the discoveries). I could find the part in hex where the flags are stored and change the attack type from Aura to Darkness. The only problem is that it will have to be on an unmodified FitLucario.pac first and then I'll find the offsets in the Mewtwo moveset file, but it shouldn't be THAT hard seeing as we know the exact values were looking for.

EDIT: Tried it, and came across a few weird things. When fully uncharged any barely charged the Aura Sphere becomes intangible and I'm not sure why. But! I did make it so if it's kinda middle charged that it has darkness effect. I'll try some more and see if I can make it always darkness.

Oni K4ge

Smash Lord
Touche, DD. Well, you've got me- you're right lol. Might was well wait. Apparently Pharrox has handed the entire project over to Kryal... so let's hope he can finish it up in time for Christmas! By the way, I brought this up in a few threads....

on my Doc thread, I have assembled the list of melee rejects, along with links to each proper thread. So, if I listed them like this:

Roy

Mewtwo

YL

Pichu

When you click on the characters name, you go to their thread. The Pichu thread has agreed and has done this as well. I thought it would be a good way to keep us all linked, and all of the threads gain popularity from eachother. After all, if you have Mewtwo, you wanna beat the crap out of a Pichu, right? Or a Young Link, Roy, or Doc. And vice versa of course >:3

So will you be willing to do this? Basically just put this to the end of the OP (when the time comes) and insert a link to the proper thread. Thanks.

DarkDragoon

Smash Champion
NNID
LordDarkDragoon
Touche, DD. Well, you've got me- you're right lol. Might was well wait. Apparently Pharrox has handed the entire project over to Kryal... so let's hope he can finish it up in time for Christmas! By the way, I brought this up in a few threads....

on my Doc thread, I have assembled the list of melee rejects, along with links to each proper thread. So, if I listed them like this:

Roy

Mewtwo

YL

Pichu

When you click on the characters name, you go to their thread. The Pichu thread has agreed and has done this as well. I thought it would be a good way to keep us all linked, and all of the threads gain popularity from eachother. After all, if you have Mewtwo, you wanna beat the crap out of a Pichu, right? Or a Young Link, Roy, or Doc. And vice versa of course >:3

So will you be willing to do this? Basically just put this to the end of the OP (when the time comes) and insert a link to the proper thread. Thanks.
>_> Yeah, sure, just gimme the links LOL.
-DD

pokelover980

Smash Ace
I tried out the floating mewtwo... its kinda... well, why does he stop every few feet? Its kind of annoying. Unless thats what you meant by traction..?

Oh and DD:

YL: http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=241345

Doc: http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=254522

Pichu: http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=255418

Roy: http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=234839
The floating thing is an animation glitch thing caused by BrawlBox (other people who edited it got the same thing), but I didn't mind because it seemed like traction, it just bothered me for a little while because it was a REEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAAALLLLLLLLLLYYYYYYYYY weird and wasn't what I was expecting :U

Shadic

Alakadoof?
NNID
Shadoof
I tried out the floating mewtwo... its kinda... well, why does he stop every few feet? Its kind of annoying. Unless thats what you meant by traction..?
Seems like everybody editing a run animation ends up with that happening.

Oni K4ge

Smash Lord
Oh I see ok. Well maybe it'll be fixed when the model importer comes along. Im so excited for SFX lol

[TSON]

Hella.
NNID
oTSONo
This thread right here:
Article Floating Points

Scroll down until you see Lucario. Sadly, you have to edit it all in hex until Dant comes out with a version of OSA 2 that supports articles (he said somewhere in that thread that he might be able to add support because of the discoveries). I could find the part in hex where the flags are stored and change the attack type from Aura to Darkness. The only problem is that it will have to be on an unmodified FitLucario.pac first and then I'll find the offsets in the Mewtwo moveset file, but it shouldn't be THAT hard seeing as we know the exact values were looking for.
Oh where to start.

Firstly, I said in bold in the OP that you can open hitbox offsets in the subroutine tab of PSA for editing purposes and do whatever you like to them. You can even add code if you want to by Subroutine-redirecting to an empty subaction.

That, and, since we already found the offset, and you can't add things to subroutines, the offset for the hitbox will always stay the same. If you're looking for it on a modified pac, that's another story.

EDIT: Tried it, and came across a few weird things. When fully uncharged any barely charged the Aura Sphere becomes intangible and I'm not sure why. But! I did make it so if it's kinda middle charged that it has darkness effect. I'll try some more and see if I can make it always darkness.
There's more than one hitbox (in fact, one for every charge), so if you keep going forward on the subroutines, eventually, you'd come to the next one.
:3

pokelover980

Smash Ace
Oh where to start.

Firstly, I said in bold in the OP that you can open hitbox offsets in the subroutine tab of PSA for editing purposes and do whatever you like to them. You can even add code if you want to by Subroutine-redirecting to an empty subaction.

That, and, since we already found the offset, and you can't add things to subroutines, the offset for the hitbox will always stay the same. If you're looking for it on a modified pac, that's another story.

There's more than one hitbox (in fact, one for every charge), so if you keep going forward on the subroutines, eventually, you'd come to the next one.
:3
For the first part, I can't ever get that to work for some reason. Not sure why, but PSA either tells me it doesn't exist or that it is an invalid offset (and yes I did the subtract 80 in hex or add 80 in hex or whatever it was, it still didn't work :U).

For the second part, I actually did change every hitbox to darkness, and it actually showed up fully charged as well, but only when he had 90% or more.

DarkDragoon

Smash Champion
NNID
LordDarkDragoon
:3 Well, I finished my Umbreon model,so I might make my own Mewtwo model & texture it too!

Exciting, etcetc.

=3=;; Still waiting on an importer...
-DD

_Bankai_

Smash Apprentice
So ah..is Mewtwo as we currently know him complete (exception being down b)? We're *just* waiting on an importer at the moment?

[TSON]

Hella.
NNID
oTSONo
For the first part, I can't ever get that to work for some reason. Not sure why, but PSA either tells me it doesn't exist or that it is an invalid offset (and yes I did the subtract 80 in hex or add 80 in hex or whatever it was, it still didn't work :U).

For the second part, I actually did change every hitbox to darkness, and it actually showed up fully charged as well, but only when he had 90% or more.
>_> use the ones in my thread.

http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=257755

EDIT: That's strange..

DarkDragoon

Smash Champion
NNID
LordDarkDragoon
So ah..is Mewtwo as we currently know him complete (exception being down b)? We're *just* waiting on an importer at the moment?
Yup! There are still a few little number changes I want to make, and some sounds to add, but I don't have the drive to do that right now since it never comes out looking like Mewtwo anyways.
v_v;

Picture of the Umbreon model?
HypeHypeHype!

It has like, a LOW poly count, but I'll beef it up around the joints when I start to put in the skeleton.

And it looks sorta awkward...t_t; I wasn't sure if I wanted to make the eyes their own polygons or just make them a texture.

-DD

LopTank

Smash Rookie
I cannot wait to see a Mewtwo model. I must play a beautiful Mewtwo, and then he must be auto-included in Brawl+ so that I can legally main him. ;_;

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom