• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project Mewtwo- Mewtwo v1.00 - WHOA VERSION JUMP. Moveset complete! Touch-ups begin!

Status
Not open for further replies.

DarkDragoon

Smash Champion
NNID
LordDarkDragoon
Nice project.

Maybe I can work even better on that texture hack. Obiously with permission of the creator.
Well, its not my texture hack...just give credit to StackSmash for giving you a base and spice it up!
-DD

Boo Mansion

Smash Apprentice
Might I suggest making it so Mewtwo can't wall cling and wall kick? =P Also, the DJC makes him go down a bit instead of just canceling momentum, would it be possible to make it cancel/reduce the rest of the jump's momentum instead of just having him be pulled down?

Overall, great job on this Project Mewtwo! I'm looking forward to the finished product and a model/animations once that's possible. =D Keep up the great work everyone!

DarkDragoon

Smash Champion
NNID
LordDarkDragoon
Might I suggest making it so Mewtwo can't wall cling and wall kick? =P Also, the DJC makes him go down a bit instead of just canceling momentum, would it be possible to make it cancel/reduce the rest of the jump's momentum instead of just having him be pulled down?

Overall, great job on this Project Mewtwo! I'm looking forward to the finished product and a model/animations once that's possible. =D Keep up the great work everyone!
=P Yea, I'll be messing with a bunch of values tonight.
-DD

The Immortal Sir NZ

Smash Apprentice
Do you mean strengthen UThrow? IIRC it killed Fox, FD, at like 140% in Melee. :x
okay, I'm a little late to reply but, you're off by a little bit

Bolded means with proper DI.
This is the percent that Uthrow killed characters on FD.
Its organized into Melee tiers, so don't worry about that part.
Also, this isn't my chart.

Fox: 152%/163%
Marth: 117%/126%
Shiek: 118%/127%
Falco: 159%/171%

High
Peach: 96%/105%
Captain Falcon: 151%/162%
Jigglypuff: 86%/96%
Ice Climbers: 98%/106%

Middle
Samus: 95%/103%
Dr. Mario: 101%/110%
Ganondorf: 118%/128%
Luigi: 95%/103%
Donkey Kong: 128%/138%
Mario: 101%/110%

Low
Link: 117%/127%
Pikachu: 108%/118%
Young Link: 117%/127%
Roy: 128%/138%
Zelda: 92%/101%
Game and Watch: 101%/110%

Bottom
Ness: 103%/113%
Yoshi: 107%/116%
Bowser: 116%/125%
Mewtwo: 97%/105%
Kirby: 96%/105%
Pichu: 107%/117%

SuSa

Banned via Administration
I took a random guess, have never looked at the chart, and haven't really KO'd a Fox with uthrow. :p I use bthrow.

Thanks for the chart though. :) *writes it all down on my notebook* Weee! no more guessing when I can safely uthrow.

DarkDragoon

Smash Champion
NNID
LordDarkDragoon
Yea, just eyeballing it, and I think I have Uthrow all set.
I'm working out other kinks now.
-DD

@TKbreezy

Follow me on Twitter!
NNID
TKbreezy
uhhh i hope .5 comes soon

pro of this 1
-The UTHROW!!!!!
- the A combo
- usmash pretty solid
-you fixed the fsmash range problem
- dash a is pretty cool

some things that could be better
-you took his spike out???
-his tilts have no knockback (and or they have a sweetspot that i haven't found??)
-the DJC cancels a little too much
-Dsmash weaker??

i actually liked it better when he didnt have the DJC but I mean thats just me

but anyway its shaping up to look real nice...just please put the spike back in!!! lol

DarkDragoon

Smash Champion
NNID
LordDarkDragoon
uhhh i hope .5 comes soon

pro of this 1
-The UTHROW!!!!!
- the A combo
- usmash pretty solid
-you fixed the fsmash range problem
- dash a is pretty cool

some things that could be better
-you took his spike out???
-his tilts have no knockback (and or they have a sweetspot that i haven't found??)
-the DJC cancels a little too much
-Dsmash weaker??

i actually liked it better when he didnt have the DJC but I mean thats just me

but anyway its shaping up to look real nice...just please put the spike back in!!! lol
xD The spike is still there! Just harder...it comes out later...

But I'm releasing a "0.4.1" soon that fixes up all these little things while I work on big additions/edits for 0.5.0.[Project TAIL]

-DD

XACE-K

Smash Master
First, I came in to say that this is looking to be an awesome project. Even though this is v0.4, this alreeady somewhat resembles what Mewtwo would be like if he wasn't cut. As for feedback.

Also, the DJC makes him go down a bit instead of just canceling momentum, would it be possible to make it cancel/reduce the rest of the jump's momentum instead of just having him be pulled down?
I agree with this. This needs to be changed. And where are the htiboxes for u-tilt and f-tilt? Whenever I use them, I don't get the result I thought I would get.

DarkDragoon

Smash Champion
NNID
LordDarkDragoon
First, I came in to say that this is looking to be an awesome project. Even though this is v0.4, this alreeady somewhat resembles what Mewtwo would be like if he wasn't cut. As for feedback.

I agree with this. This needs to be changed. And where are the htiboxes for u-tilt and f-tilt? Whenever I use them, I don't get the result I thought I would get.
I was experimenting with Bones on the U-Tilt, and that's why the hitboxes suck so bad on it. I've already reverted it to normal for 0.4.1. FTilt is fine I though, the hits are all within the little purple blasts.

If I'm wrong about that, please let me know.

-DD

dabridge

Smash Journeyman
Since it looks like model importing is close to being released, have you already decided what model to use? My vote goes to using the trophy model, since it doesn't look like there's anything else out there with that much detail. Just might need some retexturing so it looks more, well, Mewtwoish, but there's nothing wrong with it.

It's not like we can use Melee's model lol

D.B.K.

Smash Ace
NNID
tinyfuses
They're in the right place, they just don't have a lot of knockback.

mofo_

Smash Ace
whats the animation for dair and utilt? it looks unusual.
how bout using the 'Assist Trophy GET!' animation for usmash.it looks pretty cool

DarkDragoon

Smash Champion
NNID
LordDarkDragoon
whats the animation for dair and utilt? it looks unusual.
how bout using the 'Assist Trophy GET!' animation for usmash.it looks pretty cool
o_o That is the USmash animation...

And DAir/UTilt use SmashThrowLw/SmashThrowHi respectively. I have no idea what triggers those animations normally.

Also:

Looks like I'm about to get really busy...
-DD

BlazeKnight

Smash Cadet
Ok I've Tested the newest mewtwo here are the things that need Changing

Down B- Change it Back to the way it was in v0.3 Because in this Version having the Down taunt After the stun makes it useless Because By the Time your able to move again so is your Openent

Side B- Make it Do Damage

Normal B- Do I even have to tell you give it a Darkness hit and GFX effect I'm Suppirised that wasn't the first thing you did for mewtwo

SymphonicSage12

Smash Master
you can't edit props yet, blazeknight. aura sphere is a prop. Stop being such a snotty ***** like that.

side b was fixed but not release in the latest mewtwo. A timer was the wrong kind of timer.

and I think down b should be changed to.

_Bankai_

Smash Apprentice
Ok I've Tested the newest mewtwo here are the things that need Changing

Down B- Change it Back to the way it was in v0.3 Because in this Version having the Down taunt After the stun makes it useless Because By the Time your able to move again so is your Openent

Side B- Make it Do Damage

Normal B- Do I even have to tell you give it a Darkness hit and GFX effect I'm Suppirised that wasn't the first thing you did for mewtwo
@DarkDragoon: I agree with everything said above. Additionally, you might want to consider combining aspects of Enigma's mewtwo at GScentral with your own.

Moves that you should definitely keep:

-Dash attack--it's awesome
-B-air, n-air
-Smash attacks (might wanna adjust hitboxes on dsmash)
-Taunts (though you could probly check out Enigma's and combine, no doubt)
-Teleport (can always be refined, of course)

Moves that need to be refined:

-Second jump is way too floaty/has too much height. Check out Enigma's, it's much more reasonably floaty and it has less height.
-The d-air is difficult to hit with, and there seems to be a little delay before the move actually hits from when u pull it off. Refer to Enigma's mewtwo on this move.
-F-air has a weird forward momentum boost. Check out enigma's regarding this.
-Utilt is just...weird. The attack effect is..behind Mewtwo? And it's unreliable. Needs fixing. Check Enigma's build.
-Another thing on neutral b. Enigma's m2 has a pretty wicked chargeup animation. Try using that along with dark effect/orb for a greater awesome effect.

And that's about it. Keep up the good work! Cheerio!

SymphonicSage12

Smash Master
STOP SAYING TO EDIT THE EFFECT OF THE AURA SPHERE. YOU CANT DO THAT YET!!!

as least I think so. or maybe you can?

And you seem to be biased towards enigma's mewtwo. lolz

DarkDragoon

Smash Champion
NNID
LordDarkDragoon

You "can" by editing the CLR0 in the character's hex. But it requires lots of guess work and I don't have the time to do that.

@DarkDragoon: I agree with everything said above. Additionally, you might want to consider combining aspects of Enigma's mewtwo at GScentral with your own.

Moves that you should definitely keep:

-Dash attack--it's awesome
:D Thank you~
-B-air, n-air
:D I didn't do much with BAir, but thanks, NAir was hard work.
-Smash attacks (might wanna adjust hitboxes on dsmash)
Yea, DSmash has already been fixed.
-Taunts (though you could probly check out Enigma's and combine, no doubt)
I have not worked on Taunts at all. That and his Entrance will get a MAJOR upgrade when I get the chance.
-Teleport (can always be refined, of course)
Of course :3
Moves that need to be refined:

-Second jump is way too floaty/has too much height. Check out Enigma's, it's much more reasonably floaty and it has less height.
Yea, I had a SUSA who was SUPPOSED to be working on those, but I just had to guess and roll. I'll check it out.
-The d-air is difficult to hit with, and there seems to be a little delay before the move actually hits from when u pull it off. Refer to Enigma's mewtwo on this move.
Okiedokie.
-F-air has a weird forward momentum boost. Check out enigma's regarding this.
...I'm not sure what you mean.
-Utilt is just...weird. The attack effect is..behind Mewtwo? And it's unreliable. Needs fixing. Check Enigma's build.
It was an experimental move for me. I've already fixed it.
-Another thing on neutral b. Enigma's m2 has a pretty wicked chargeup animation. Try using that along with dark effect/orb for a greater awesome effect.
:3 I figured since I can't edit the attack, I wouldn't really mess with anything about it for the time being.

And that's about it. Keep up the good work! Cheerio!
:D Thanks! Comments in bold.

Also;
@BlazeKnight:
I'm working on making Confusion like Mario's cape, and putting IASA frames on the wind down on DownB. It will be usable, I promise.

-DD

Meccs

@Meccs_
Wow, from the video, he looks freaking awesom. It's not possible to recreate his original Fthrow (the one where he shoots stuff at em in the air, iirc?), is it?
And sorry for the nub question... but is the current 4.0 beta for Brawl+ only? Tried to use him in vBrawl but he doesn't work at all :(, really wanted to try him out (and give feedback :D). (Also, sorry if the question doesn't belong here)

_Bankai_

Smash Apprentice

Certain moves in Enigma's build are superior and the same goes for DarkDragoon's. I honestly feel that Darkdragoon and Enigma should collaborate and do a moveset combo, similar to what occurred in the Roy project. I think that would result in a pretty amazing finished product.

DarkDragoon

Smash Champion
NNID
LordDarkDragoon
Certain moves in Enigma's build are superior and the same goes for DarkDragoon's. I honestly feel that Darkdragoon and Enigma should collaborate and do a moveset combo, similar to what occurred in the Roy project. I think that would result in a pretty amazing finished product.
Trying to talk to him[her?] about it now, because the rest of my team kinda...abandoned me? T~T;;

Wow, from the video, he looks freaking awesom. It's not possible to recreate his original Fthrow (the one where he shoots stuff at em in the air, iirc?), is it?
And sorry for the nub question... but is the current 4.0 beta for Brawl+ only? Tried to use him in vBrawl but he doesn't work at all :(, really wanted to try him out (and give feedback :D). (Also, sorry if the question doesn't belong here)
Yea, that FThrow is probably out of reach for me, but I can do something similar...I'll test it out.
-DD

SymphonicSage12

Smash Master
enigma's a guy lol.

and yes, the mewtwo only works in brawl+.

well I guess you could do it with regular brawl, but you'd still have to have the gct with the latest file patch code.

DarkDragoon

Smash Champion
NNID
LordDarkDragoon
enigma's a guy lol.

and yes, the mewtwo only works in brawl+.

well I guess you could do it with regular brawl, but you'd still have to have the gct with the latest file patch code.
Oh, right.

It works with any Brawl, as long as it has the file patch code enabled. I have not tested how it works in vBrawl or BB, just Brawl+.

EDIT: Just played his mewtwo pac...
Except for the double jump, it feels like my V.0.3 pac...with some bits of 4 mixed in. He did make some neat cosmetic changes...but I'm not a fan of all of them. My [unreleased]entrance for Mewtwo is a lot more badass :3;

But, if he wants to collab, I won't mind.
-DD

bobson

Smash Lord
Trying to talk to him[her?] about it now, because the rest of my team kinda...abandoned me? T~T;;
I'm still here, but I haven't yet been able to free myself from life's steely grip on my time; at least not long enough to do anything worthwhile.

DarkDragoon

Smash Champion
NNID
LordDarkDragoon
I'm still here, but I haven't yet been able to free myself from life's steely grip on my time; at least not long enough to do anything worthwhile.
=D Yay<33
You're not opposed to adding that other guy, are ya?
-DD

bobson

Smash Lord
By all means, let's join forces. We must unite our hands for a greater Mewtwo future.

DarkDragoon

Smash Champion
NNID
LordDarkDragoon
Okay, well, I'd like to start cataloging all of Lucario's bones...at least until we find the tail/fists/and feet.

>_> Tail is MOST important...so I can "extend it", since I have no idea when Pharrox is letting his model importer out, or how much time it will take me after that to make it work.

Jab repeats work again. Added IASA frames to a bunch of attacks that needed them, fixed BKB/KBG on a bunch of others, and trajectory.

-DD

[TSON]

Hella.
NNID
oTSONo
Is that update in the OP pr are you just sharing what you have done?

Also, I was looking back at my post earlier in this topic... Do you have any clue what I was talking about? >_< Cause I don't remember lmao.

Instead of ftilt animation (which you should weave together for jab loop instead), why not use dthrow animation?

tsunami70875

Smash Journeyman
just was playing mewtwo a bit earlier:
- the double-jump cancel is a bit funky - it actually sends you downwards, and can totally screw your recovery

- what did you do to uptilt??? (there's also a crapload of IASA frames on the end)

- double jump is too high

DarkDragoon

Smash Champion
NNID
LordDarkDragoon
Is that update in the OP pr are you just sharing what you have done?

Also, I was looking back at my post earlier in this topic... Do you have any clue what I was talking about? >_< Cause I don't remember lmao.
Yea...you were saying to make DThrow the jabloop animation. Which I did and it looks beautiful.

Also, I have not updated the downloads to the 0.4.1 build yet. I will tonight after I piece together a few more things.[COUGHCONFUSIONCOUGH].

I'm still around, I just can't get that Uthrow to work. I did send you the reworked gfx for Nair some time ago, though.
>_> I guess I'm just talking about SuSa then.

Ah, thats fine. we'll give up on it for now. We probably have to be able to edit the animation for "ThrownHi", which is the animation the opponent goes through when thrown.

For now just help me get a list of the bones. Just make really tiny gfx spawn on the bone and see where it is.

just was playing mewtwo a bit earlier:
- the double-jump cancel is a bit funky - it actually sends you downwards, and can totally screw your recovery

- what did you do to uptilt??? (there's also a crapload of IASA frames on the end)

- double jump is too high
1) Fixed.
2) Fixed.
3) Fixed.

:D
-DD

_Bankai_

Smash Apprentice
Oh yeah, dragonrage, another thing I really liked about your mewtwo was the upthrow, it's pretty accurate and has knockback similar to m2's in melee. You should definitely keep that throw :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom