• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project Mewtwo- Mewtwo v1.00 - WHOA VERSION JUMP. Moveset complete! Touch-ups begin!

Status
Not open for further replies.

jalued

Smash Lord
how about baseball bat charge for his dtilt animation? charged attack with other item (star rod, lipstick etc) for his uptilt? oh and his normal attack with star rod etc is PERFECT for confusion!!!!

oh and suspicious curry animation could be used for his standing animation (without the fire ofc) since it looks badass and like he wants to fight lol

everyone forgets about item animation lol

DarkDragoon

Smash Champion
NNID
LordDarkDragoon
how about baseball bat charge for his dtilt animation? charged attack with other item (star rod, lipstick etc) for his uptilt? oh and his normal attack with star rod etc is PERFECT for confusion!!!!

oh and suspicious curry animation could be used for his standing animation (without the fire ofc) since it looks badass and like he wants to fight lol

everyone forgets about item animation lol
xD This is true. Let me check on those animations right now.

Baseball Charge DTilt - Dash Item Attack worked better.
Charged attack star rod UTilt - hmm...I might just keep UTilt as UTilt.
Normal Star Rod Confusion- Approved.
Curry Standing - o.o Seems a little too lively for Mewtwo. I'll keep it in mind for another project though.

-DD

The Immortal Sir NZ

Smash Apprentice
but his dthrow wasn't a tech chaser in melee. it comboed into itself, grabs, tilts, ...it was a combo throw.
Taj278 said:
You've seen down throw tech chase a lot because it is simply the most effective throw to get people to... tech.
Don't even try to argue Dthrow comboed into itself. It doesn't. Especially with no Wavedashing. If the opponent DI'd right, you needed to tech chase, unless you had some seriously awesome WDing skillz and you could catch them out of the air. But with no WDing, it will either fall into obscurity if M2 doesn't get another Tech Chasing option, the very dynamic of the move will change, or it will stay the same because M2 will get more options.

DarkDragoon

Smash Champion
NNID
LordDarkDragoon
Don't even try to argue Dthrow comboed into itself. It doesn't. Especially with no Wavedashing. If the opponent DI'd right, you needed to tech chase, unless you had some seriously awesome WDing skillz and you could catch them out of the air. But with no WDing, it will either fall into obscurity if M2 doesn't get another Tech Chasing option, the very dynamic of the move will change, or it will stay the same because M2 will get more options.
T.T But I combo DThrow into DThrow...it only works on floaties...or another Mewtwo.

But yea, watching some Taj now[too lazy to boot up Melee], and DThrow has a tiny little arc and then the opponent hits the floor, and considering I used DThrow like a maniac...almost as much as I used BThrow...

Anyways, if you guys keep your eyes on the "To Do" list, you'll see I've accomplished a great many things ;P.

T-T I can't find a good animation to change the Dash attack into...I changed it into FThrow...but Lucario stops moving when he uses it.

EDIT: LOL NEVERMIND! I fixed what I was doing wrong. Now he slides across the entire stage superfast and its so funny to watch. roflrofl. Okay, fixing it now.
-DD

DarkDragoon

Smash Champion
NNID
LordDarkDragoon
I suggest taking a look at his [Pick up item while walking] animation. He crouches over a bit more and seems to move his hand more as well.

Also new beta will be epic yayyyyy
The new Beta should be released with ALL moves replaced...except throws and Aura Sphere. I'm looking into having those all set up for Beta5....

But Beta5 is a long way off...because throws are complicated and so is hacking the CLR0 data.

So I'll probably do balance fixes and release a Beta4.1 if I need to.
-DD

DarkDragoon

Smash Champion
NNID
LordDarkDragoon
Beta 4 is still being released tonight though right?
Yea, tonight. I'm gonna add DJC, try to toss more endlag on the end of Disable, and then make a semi-confusion...and fix up some hitboxes/animations.

So yea, should be done in a couple hours.
Eh, I'm gonna hold off on this until later...I need sleep and there are a few more adjustments I need to make...

I can't make Uthrow balanced to save my life...and I took WAY too long trying to redo DJC. So yea, minor delay.

-DD

Sora Master2.0

Smash Journeyman
Yea, tonight. I'm gonna add DJC, try to toss more endlag on the end of Disable, and then make a semi-confusion...and fix up some hitboxes/animations.

Eh, I'm gonna hold off on this until later...I need sleep and there are a few more adjustments I need to make...

-DD
Tomorrow's fine. No Rush. Were just glad to see that your working on him. ^^

CountKaiser

Smash Lord

I can't make Uthrow balanced to save my life...and I took WAY too long trying to redo DJC. So yea, minor delay.

-DD
I'm sure I can make uthrow balanced.

90 angle, 50 BKB, 90 KBG, 12 dmg.

Tweak from there. :3

DarkDragoon

Smash Champion
NNID
LordDarkDragoon
I'm sure I can make uthrow balanced.

90 angle, 50 BKB, 90 KBG, 12 dmg.

Tweak from there. :3
xD Well, thats not what I meant exactly. I keep flubbing up what numbers go where on the throw hitbox...
Its all unlabeled T.T
-DD

DarkDragoon

Smash Champion
NNID
LordDarkDragoon
So is my understanding that only Down B and Side B need yet be finished for the next release correct?
Yup! I need a way to make the lag after down B last longer...and I already know how I'm going to do Side B...so all that I really need now is some time to sit down and do it.

I'll probably have it done between midnight and 2am EST.
-DD

CountKaiser

Smash Lord
In order to make the lag of downB last longer, you need to use the frame speed modifier or choose a longer animation, since PSA can't modify animation speeds.

SymphonicSage12

Smash Master
or just increase the amount of frames before you can interrupt it, but that's not the animation itself, so... :(

SymphonicSage12

Smash Master
and has anyone ever noticed times on marth's down throw and fthrow where it seems that the lag goes past the animation? I hope stuff like that gets fixed (if it really needs to.)

btw I can't wait for the new beta of Mewtwo!!!

Kink-Link5

Smash Hero
and has anyone ever noticed times on marth's down throw and fthrow where it seems that the lag goes past the animation? I hope stuff like that gets fixed (if it really needs to.)

btw I can't wait for the new beta of Mewtwo!!!

Marth's d and f-throws both have weird IASA frames that can actually be abused fairly easily if you don't input a movement before said frames.

DarkDragoon

Smash Champion
NNID
LordDarkDragoon
Yea I remember I set the frames to like, 200...and it didn't make a difference...so I think I'm just going to have him ChangeSubaction to a taunt.
-DD

CountKaiser

Smash Lord
Throws
D-Throw begins at Sub Action 72. The 1st line there should be the throw's stats:
Parameter 2: Damage
Parameter 3: Angle
Parameter 4: KBG
Parameter 6: BKB
Parameter 7: Element

By parameter 2, it means the parameter labeled 2.

DarkDragoon

Smash Champion
NNID
LordDarkDragoon

DarkDragoon

Smash Champion
NNID
LordDarkDragoon
KNOWN BUGS:
-Functional-
Jab 3 does not loop again.
Confusion appears to do nothing?

-Graphical-
Not all hits are darkness.

Balance suggestions:
-NAir trajectories changed?
-DJC speed reduced?
-Weaken UThrow?[Kills Wolf, center FD, ~150%]

Download Beta4 now! Give me feed back please! I realize it isn't perfect, and I will release a balanced and "prettied up" Beta4.1 in an amount of time that is pending on the volume of feedback.

http://www.mediafire.com/?sharekey=2b80bd02d0e4da67d1014a7a667fa2b43360bca2747d3e5cb8eada0a1ae8665a

-DD

SymphonicSage12

Smash Master
It killed Pichu at like 120% in melee. Although I have to download this NAO

Okay, back from testing, here are my thoughts:

I think I might know why confusion doesn't work. If the timer right before "Terminate Collisions" is an asynchronous timer, then it's wrong. the timer right before the terminate collisions should be a SYNCHRONOUS one.

disable last too long with the taunt added on. Needs some IASA frames.

forward tilt needs to be way stronger. At least knock them a ways into the air at higher percentages. does this not have any KBG or something?

up tilt needs a lot more range in general, needs a lot less endlag so it can combo.

forward air. needs to be a LOT stronger.

fix up the DJC. you rocket down too fast, and you don't go horizontally far enough.

dash attack: needs less KBG, needs to send straight up, basically more melee-ized. And is there any way to get it so he doesn't slide forward like he's on a moving walkway?

make pummeling electric and stuffz

that's all I have for now.

DarkDragoon

Smash Champion
NNID
LordDarkDragoon
It killed Pichu at like 120% in melee. Although I have to download this NAO

Okay, back from testing, here are my thoughts:

I think I might know why confusion doesn't work. If the timer right before "Terminate Collisions" is an asynchronous timer, then it's wrong. the timer right before the terminate collisions should be a SYNCHRONOUS one.

*facepalm* My B.
disable last too long with the taunt added on. Needs some IASA frames.

On it cheif.
forward tilt needs to be way stronger. At least knock them a ways into the air at higher percentages. does this not have any KBG or something?
Thought so.
up tilt needs a lot more range in general, needs a lot less endlag so it can combo.
I think I'm changing it back to the normal UTilt animation...its too funky the way it is now.
forward air. needs to be a LOT stronger.
Aye aye!
fix up the DJC. you rocket down too fast, and you don't go horizontally far enough.
He falls at his max non-ff fall speed...so yea, I think I'll have him start at his minimum...and it should clear up his horizontal problem.
dash attack: needs less KBG, needs to send straight up, basically more melee-ized. And is there any way to get it so he doesn't slide forward like he's on a moving walkway?
I can do all of those. I could also reduce the momentum gained, but he'll probably still do the walkway thing...but I thought thats how it looked to me in Melee too.
make pummeling electric and stuffz
How could I forget?!

that's all I have for now.
Comments in bold.
-DD

SymphonicSage12

Smash Master
Mmmm hmm..

and DD, you're right about the dash attack thing... he does slide forward, but not as nearly as much as he does right now. lolz

And it's too bad we can't make his bair, utilt, down tilt, or forward tilt that good yet....

****IT LUCARIO WHY DONT YOU USE YOUR *****ING TAIL

Kefrius

Smash Apprentice
Nice project.

Maybe I can work even better on that texture hack. Obiously with permission of the creator.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom