• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project Mewtwo- Mewtwo v1.00 - WHOA VERSION JUMP. Moveset complete! Touch-ups begin!

Status
Not open for further replies.

DarkDragoon

Smash Champion
NNID
LordDarkDragoon
a few comments on the new moveset:
1. amazing job this is awesome
2. the side B does reflect but is extremely hard to do (maybe because I'm using it on normal brawl
I only got about 5 reflects out of 60, It is easier to reflect shadowballs than anyone else's projectiles, samus's are almost impossible (partially because of the dark/ ice samus moveset I used.
3. Hopefully on beta 5 it will be easier to use.
4. BTW I don't just suck at brawl, I've been playing since the first day the original came out.
o.O Really? The reflect box is out for like, 10 frames...which is as hard as powershielding in vBrawl[not hard]. I guess you just need to get used to the timing, but yea, if other people feel this way then I'll add a couple more frames to it.
-DD

D.B.K.

Smash Ace
NNID
tinyfuses
Confusion is fine once you get the timing down.
Also, good job on the Nair Dragonrage, it looks exactly like the one in Melee.

Off topic: How goes the Umbreon model DD?

DarkDragoon

Smash Champion
NNID
LordDarkDragoon

:3 Well, I'm still working on the head. I'm really hung up on his snout/mouth thing, and its pissing me off that it isn't perfect.

And nice to hear that everything is working fine.

Note: In my last build before release[read as, not the one you have], there was a graphical error that happened when you used Confusion on G&W too much/ at the wrong time...and it would corrupt the entire match...

I think the current build has it fixed, but I have yet to test it, since I'm getting used to the big changes from 3DS Max 8 to 9.
-DD

Mewter

Smash Master
Nice job, guys. I'm really liking your work so far! That Mewtwo's nice!
Sorry about my earlier post here. Twas full of typos and misinformation. :)

Hey guys, it's me from the old Mewtwo thread. So what are we currently discussing? I'd like to be productive.

Just a couple of things, from seeing the latest vid and reading through the OP....

1) I was thinking we could give FSmash a bit more range to the front. Just a little bit. It seems a bit too close to the body. Iunno, it could just be me.

2) Keep the jab cancel! Or at least make it easier to cancel the continuous sparks, like how Ivysaur can cancel his Bullet Seed fairly easily.

3) On Nair, maybe we could give it a decaying slight upwards push. Not so that it pushes Mewtwo up, but so that it lessens his falling speed, like Fox's Reflector, but less.

4) If we do put Psychic in the final moveset, I'd advise making it slightl bigger and quicker. The small windbox and slow speed would make it not very useful, unless it's like Water Gun, where a stream of psychic energy pushes them away. I also read a Brawl+ "Windy Ness" proposal, where they wanted to give most of Ness's attacks windboxes and no damage. They said something about giving PK Flash a bit more speed, more maneuverability, and a big wind hitbox. We could take that into consideration, and tweak it to fit Mewtwo's plastyle and Psychic's original description.

SymphonicSage12

Smash Master
some comments after testing:

his uair is a little wee bit too high on the KBG. It kills way too early.

I don't see the "tail" on his down tilt.

side b needs a slightly bigger hitbox, and a little more lag (although it should be less than in melee.)

down b needs a second hit to knock them away D:

his jab infinite makes him and his opponent go backwards each time. kinda like the ice climbers' vbrawl down b infinite.

the nair is perfect :D

dair needs a little more lag

bair needs to be a "shadow tail" thingy, if possible

fthrow: possible to recrete melee's?

down throw; you could probably recreate this using a shadow tail.

back throw: X_X don't know how that would be possible.

DJC: still too many problems. He rises too high from his double jump, and then he gets sent down too far.

and a way needs to be found so that, if you aerial at the very end of your DJ you get a height boost.

aura sphere: :( it's too bad you can't change this right now

Dragonrage

Smash Apprentice

Thanks^^

Watching a recording of his Melee Nair frame by frame really helped alot with getting the flashes to appear in the right places.

netrunui

Smash Cadet
more comments...:laugh:
was wondering if you knew that beta 4 could do 2 consecutive ^B's if you do them off the ground, also that if you hit something while using ^B it moves you in a straight trajectory from the bounce, that's only escapable by jumping, collisions, or an additional ^B

DarkDragoon

Smash Champion
NNID
LordDarkDragoon
some comments after testing:

his uair is a little wee bit too high on the KBG. It kills way too early.

How early is way too early?

I don't see the "tail" on his down tilt.

I didn't add the "tail", but his DTilt is just his leg iirc.

side b needs a slightly bigger hitbox, and a little more lag (although it should be less than in melee.)

o.o We can't put more lag on it, you get only so many frames to strike the opponent as is, and tripping gives them invulnerable frames.

down b needs a second hit to knock them away D:

>=[ Still no way to figure out what to do for that...

his jab infinite makes him and his opponent go backwards each time. kinda like the ice climbers' vbrawl down b infinite.

Thats the opponent DIing into you. Its to prevent wall infinites with jabs and there isn't anything I can do about that.

the nair is perfect :D
*Claps for DragonRage*

dair needs a little more lag
Start up or end or landing?

bair needs to be a "shadow tail" thingy, if possible
Not really possible

fthrow: possible to recrete melee's?
Not possible.

down throw; you could probably recreate this using a shadow tail.
Not possible.

back throw: X_X don't know how that would be possible.
[/B] It isn't.[/B]

DJC: still too many problems. He rises too high from his double jump, and then he gets sent down too far.

Well everyone told me to use Camelots, so I did. I'm not changing it again. >_>;

and a way needs to be found so that, if you aerial at the very end of your DJ you get a height boost.
I could make that, but I'm too busy to figure it out.

aura sphere: :( it's too bad you can't change this right now
Graphical upgrade is better than nothing though!

Replies in bold!
more comments...:laugh:
was wondering if you knew that beta 4 could do 2 consecutive ^B's if you do them off the ground, also that if you hit something while using ^B it moves you in a straight trajectory from the bounce, that's only escapable by jumping, collisions, or an additional ^B
Its been there since day 1, and I'm not sure what causes it.

-DD

The Double UpB is already known. It also happens with Luc in Brawl+.

Also, can I get the link for the download? I'd like to test it out too.

_Bankai_

Smash Apprentice
Wow, awesome mewtwo...just brilliant stuff haha :D

Only thing I wanted to mention was...why don't you just use Enigma's second jump? It has "floatiness" and feels just about right. Your thoughts on the matter DD :D

DarkDragoon

Smash Champion
NNID
LordDarkDragoon
Wow, awesome mewtwo...just brilliant stuff haha :D

Only thing I wanted to mention was...why don't you just use Enigma's second jump? It has "floatiness" and feels just about right. Your thoughts on the matter DD :D
The floatiness feels right, but he doesn't go high enough.
-DD

XACE-K

Smash Master
Just some thoughts & questions I'd want to say even though I didn't have much time with this.

- I think F-air should do more damage. It seems too weak but the knockback is okay.

- On what frame does d-air come out? Just curious about it.

- I think d-throw should be different. It's not very Mewtwo-like.

Jebin_Zedalu

Smash Cadet
Very good character. I love warping around with teleport. :p

Unfortunately, it's possible to lock enemies down with Disable. If it is used as they do they "shaking it off" animation, they are stunned again. Impossible to escape. Not sure if you know about this already, just making sure. :\

Roy would be easy, just get a texture, then add flame effect to Marth, mess with the stats, sweet/sourspots....
Or, if you want B to be recreated in all its glory, just get a texture on Ike. :p

colored blind

Smash Journeyman

DarkDragoon

Smash Champion
NNID
LordDarkDragoon
Very good character. I love warping around with teleport. :p

Unfortunately, it's possible to lock enemies down with Disable. If it is used as they do they "shaking it off" animation, they are stunned again. Impossible to escape. Not sure if you know about this already, just making sure. :\
Ugh. I thought the end-lag would be sufficient. Dangit all.

Wow, this is very interesting. Beta demonstrations looked great.

I wonder if we can do Roy next. :3
Roy would be easy, just get a texture, then add flame effect to Marth, mess with the stats, sweet/sourspots....
Or, if you want B to be recreated in all its glory, just get a texture on Ike. :p
>_> You guys are kidding right? There is a Roy topic like, a couple places down from mine.

Ninja'd
-DD

Jebin_Zedalu

Smash Cadet
Ugh. I thought the end-lag would be sufficient. Dangit all.
I may be wrong, but wasn't Melee Mewtwo's Disable somewhat useless because of the fact that enemies recovered at the same time/before Mewtwo? Perhaps instead of increasing the end-lag to compensate, you could find some other way to keep it from locking enemies.

One way may be to make it a little bit like Wario's Down+B or Rob's Neutral B, where it has to charge before it can be used. Just set it at a really small amount of charge time required.

Alternatively, Kirk (who created the Ragna Ike PSA) made it so that Ike's down-throw would smash the enemy into the ground and then regrab them for the first throw, and then make them fly off the second time down-throw was used. Perhaps you could do something like that, knocking them down on the second/third/whichever-number use.

I don't really know much about PSA character creation (yet), so if what I'm saying isn't possible, just ignore it. :p

colored blind

Smash Journeyman
Is there a way to make IASA frames that are only cancelable by certain actions? If possible, you could just make it so it can be IASA'd by any move besides Disable.

A bit off topic...
But did anyone else hear that Kennedy died?
Off topic indeed. Go to the Pool House if you want to discuss stuff like that.

cookieM0Nster

Smash Champion
Is there a way to make IASA frames that are only cancelable by certain actions? If possible, you could just make it so it can be IASA'd by any move besides Disable.

Off topic indeed. Go to the Pool House if you want to discuss stuff like that.
Have you seen Fox's JCShine in B+? Check out the scripts on that, its definitely possible.

colored blind

Smash Journeyman
Have you seen Fox's JCShine in B+? Check out the scripts on that, its definitely possible.
Bah. You're right. For some reason, the only PSA-made IASA that was crossing my mind was Ganondorf's Utilt.

I think that'd be the easiest way to go about making Disable useful without being able to chain them together.

DarkDragoon

Smash Champion
NNID
LordDarkDragoon
I may be wrong, but wasn't Melee Mewtwo's Disable somewhat useless because of the fact that enemies recovered at the same time/before Mewtwo? Perhaps instead of increasing the end-lag to compensate, you could find some other way to keep it from locking enemies.

One way may be to make it a little bit like Wario's Down+B or Rob's Neutral B, where it has to charge before it can be used. Just set it at a really small amount of charge time required.

Alternatively, Kirk (who created the Ragna Ike PSA) made it so that Ike's down-throw would smash the enemy into the ground and then regrab them for the first throw, and then make them fly off the second time down-throw was used. Perhaps you could do something like that, knocking them down on the second/third/whichever-number use.

I don't really know much about PSA character creation (yet), so if what I'm saying isn't possible, just ignore it. :p
Uhh, well...

Those are both good ideas, except I can't really have the second one work...because Mewtwo will go into his action on command, where Ike will only throw on a successful condition.

Before I try the charge time though, I want to just have his "hand wave" put a stun hitbox like ZSS's, or a regular knock away/darkflame attack.

Otherwise, a charge up to the way the attack is now would work perfect!

The IASA theory isn't bad, but the problem is that the move doesn't have any IASA frames. It goes to the end of the animation...and it still isn't enough...unless I put it back to taunt...but yea. You get the idea.
-DD

[TSON]

Hella.
NNID
oTSONo
Down smash doesn't kill... Ever?
Uair seems a bit OP too >_<;

EDIT: Can you make fair make a slashy noise ;~;?

DarkDragoon

Smash Champion
NNID
LordDarkDragoon
Down smash doesn't kill... Ever?
Uair seems a bit OP too >_<;
O_O!!

Actually, if you use it to Edgeguard I'm pretty sure it spikes. I think I'm going to have it match Ganon's DAir in power/trajectory next time.

UAir does need fixing :3!

And yea, sure, slashy noise couldn't hurt.

-DD

[TSON]

Hella.
NNID
oTSONo
Fair slashy noise I miss it ;~;

It also seems if you hit someone during a smash attack with confusion it blows them away~

Weird :s

EDIT: Wow you got me D:

DarkDragoon

Smash Champion
NNID
LordDarkDragoon
FFS. I hate DSmash. Why can't it just be normal!?

And confusion uses trip+cape...and so if the opponent doesn't trip and gets caped, then they keep the momentum from their attack and slide...causing more confusion?

:D
-DD

So, confusion reflects, but does the opponent still retain ownership of the projectile? Just wondering, because I still haven't gotten the PSA. Can someone link me to the latest gct?
Pwease? ;-;

DarkDragoon

Smash Champion
NNID
LordDarkDragoon
So, confusion reflects, but does the opponent still retain ownership of the projectile? Just wondering, because I still haven't gotten the PSA. Can someone link me to the latest gct?
Pwease? ;-;
o_o No, it legit reflects now...no clause anywhere about projectile ownership.

All links are in the OP.
-DD

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom