• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

- Project M Wifi Tournament - [Top 8]

EarthboundHero

Smash Ace
NNID
DutMob_A1
lol you can ban over the wifi set, its called communicating with your opponent through tags or smashboards. And besides, arent you the terrible Ness I 4 stocked in dittos? If theres anyone that could benefit from playing in a serious competitive environment, its you.
LOL I've evolved bruh. Wanna play me? I love Dairing Spacies

GabPR

Smash Lord
@GFooChombey there was an obvious miscommunication as mean greens above post said there was no bans... yeah im confused.
As far as Im concerned, you should have known about the Bo5 rule and round robin since it was posted before it started, so you shouldn't have reason to complain about those two specific things. So your only problem should have been with the counterpicks and posible lag you got with scraket (which is also inevitable in an online tournament). In some senses you are right though, being our first tournament we have had some troubles with communication, and will gladly accept constructive criticism for future events. You are still welcome to resume your matches, as there is still a week or so left for the top two of each pool to proceed in a final double elimination bracket. I personally will ignore uncalled for criticism that does not contribute anything to the current or future tournaments.

Another note for the rest, as many of you have noticed, their is a lack of PM online tournaments (excluding netplay) and some of us wanted to give something to the community, so we decided to do one. If we decide to continue this, we will also accept help from anyone who is willing to give us suggestions or advice so we can make this a better experience for all. All I ask is for people to be respectful towards each other.

I Dair You

Smash Ace
NNID
mike824
3DS FC
0834-4241-7942
I urge you guys to fix the ruleset, and I would be willing to help/participate. Hopefully the issues I brought up will be resolved for next time. Regardless of whether not I agreed with your ruleset, I do realize that running a tournament takes plenty of effort and planning, so thanks to GabPR and MeanGreen for taking the time to coordinate this tourney.

Last edited:

Mean Green

Smash Lord
For the record I had nothing to do with 97% of the rule set decisions. Like to point that out.
She was suggesting we use standard tournament rules (which I thought we would've gone with) but everyone else wanted to use a more basic and intuitive ruleset, for those entrants who havn't been to any tourneys.

I urge you guys to fix the ruleset, and I would be willing to help/participate. Hopefully the issues I brought up will be resolved for next time. Regardless of whether not I agreed with your ruleset, I do realize that running a tournament takes plenty of effort and planning, so thanks to GabPR and MeanGreen for taking the time to coordinate this tourney.
I appreciate that, thanks.

Last edited:

Luk

Smash Journeyman
Oh hey, you're in my group. I haven't been keeping up with the thread so I may have missed it, are you still in?

GabPR

Smash Lord
Hey, I have to drop out. My wifi isn't letting my wii connect. sry
If thats the case, I shall account your games as losses, thank you for letting us now.

@ I Dair You I Dair You , @KingDozie ,@ P PATH O__o ,@ SuperFightingRobotMM SuperFightingRobotMM , @Reevo , @Brian Comiskey , @Dandy_here

I would like your verification if you are going to participate in the tournament, if for some reason you fail to contact me or another TO in regards to your participation by this thursday I shall proceed to account your games as losses against the active players. If you do contact us before then you will still have until Sunday to complete your matches. I will do the same to any other players that have already played games but jave failed to contact anyone in their pool for various days.

If thats the case, I shall account your games as losses, thank you for letting us now.

@ I Dair You I Dair You , @KingDozie ,@ P PATH O__o ,@ SuperFightingRobotMM SuperFightingRobotMM , @Reevo , @Brian Comiskey , @Dandy_here

I would like your verification if you are going to participate in the tournament, if for some reason you fail to contact me or another TO in regards to your participation by this thursday I shall proceed to account your games as losses against the active players. If you do contact us before then you will still have until Sunday to complete your matches. I will do the same to any other players that have already played games but jave failed to contact anyone in their pool for various days.
Yah, I'm down

himemiya

Smash Lord
I did not rage quit I lagged out, I demand a full rematch
I could say the samething but

I lost :kirby2::zerosuitsamus: against path :link2: (there goes my clean slate :()

0-3

ghz, lc, ww

....................../´¯/)
....................,/¯../
.................../..../
............./´¯/'...'/´¯¯`·¸
........../'/.../..../......./¨¯\
........('(...´...´.... ¯~/'...')
.........\.................'...../
..........''...\.......... _.·´
............\..............(
..............\.............\...