• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

- Project M Wifi Tournament - [Top 8]

Scraket

Smash Ace
what was the score?
@@infestx [ I ] - VERSUS - @@GFooChombey [ GFC ]

GAME 1: [Win] GAME 2: [Loss] GAME 3: [Win] GAME 4: [Win]

Characters Used:
@@infestx [:popo:] @@GFooChombey [:ivysaur:]

SET TOTAL: Wins: [ I ] Losses: [ ]

waygu

Smash Lord
chillin looks so nervous omfg
where's the energems when he could use them tho

Last edited:

infestx

Smash Journeyman
I wanted Chillin to win because I'm not that big of a Leffen fan, but I wish he didn't get 5-0'ed

Paradoxium

Smash Master
Lol that's why I like Leffen, he didn't give a **** the entire time and still destroyed Chillin. That was probably the grimiest, most brutal set I've ever seen.

Last edited:

GabPR

Smash Lord
Ok guys, its time of a recap! So far most pools have progressed steadily and some players have already finished most of their games. The top 2 for each pool and a short review.

Pool A
Thing have been slow in Pool A, so far only 6 matches, we expect some players to become more active during the weekdays.

Pool B

Things are close in Pool B, while @ GabPR GabPR and @StubbyDK remain undefeated, they have yet to face each other to cement their lead, meanwhile @ Pr0fessor Flash Pr0fessor Flash remains not far behind, with the same number of wins., So the top 2 leaders cant afford to sleep on him or the rest of the competition. 20 Matches have been Played

Pool C

These two players have been going through their pool steadily and show signs of being ready to proceed to the next stage. Will they remain at the top or will someone come from behind and claim their spot? 24 matches have been played

Pool D
So far the most domanating performance on a top spot, @ JDavisR (NIX) JDavisR (NIX) already has been assured a place on the next stage of the tournament. @ EarthboundHero EarthboundHero seems to proceed to similar steps, with his only loss being to the numeber one spot, but with other players not having played as many matches he must keep up with the remaining competition in hopes of maintaining his lead. 24 matches have been played.

The following players have yet to play a match from each Pool.

Pool A: @ofna01, @Brian Comiskey, @Reevo, @PATH O__o
Pool B: @Dandy_here, @KingDozie
Pool C: @MysticSkarps
Pool D: @SuperFightingRobotMM

We still have a one week deadline for each player to finish their matches, so for the players that have been mentioned please direct yourselfs to your Pool chat so you can schedule matches or at least put your next available time.

Thank you all for giving us a great first Day, Stay tuned in on the challonge bracket Here and your respective Pool chat rooms. Until next time!

Last edited:

JDavisR (NIX)

Smash Lord
NNID
Robertson1
3DS FC
2337-4618-3776
Ok guys, its time of a recap! So far most pools have progressed steadily and some players have already finished most of their games. The top 2 for each pool and a short review.

Pool A
Thing have been slow in Pool A, so far only 6 matches, we expect some players to become more active during the weekdays.

Pool B

Things are close in Pool B, while @ GabPR GabPR and @StubbyDK remain undefeated, they have yet to face each other to cement their lead, meanwhile @ Pr0fessor Flash Pr0fessor Flash remains not far behind, with the same number of wins., So the top 2 leaders cant afford to sleep on him or the rest of the competition. 20 Matches have been Played

Pool C

These two players have been going through their pool steadily and show signs of being ready to proceed to the next stage. Will they remain at the top or will someone come from behind and claim their spot? 24 matches have been played

Pool D
So far the most domanating performance on a top spot, @ JDavisR (NIX) JDavisR (NIX) already has been assured a place on the next stage of the tournament. @ EarthboundHero EarthboundHero seems to proceed to similar steps, with his only loss being to the numeber one spot, but with other players not having played as many matches he must keep up with the remaining competition in hopes of maintaining his lead. 24 matches have been played.

The following players have yet to play a match from each Pool.

Pool A: @ofna01, @Brian Comiskey, @Reevo, @PATH O__o
Pool B: @Dandy_here, @KingDozie
Pool C: @MysticSkarps
Pool D: @SuperFightingRobotMM

We still have a one week deadline for each player to finish their matches, so for the players that have been mentioned please direct yourselfs to your Pool chat so you can schedule matches or at least put your next available time.

Thank you all for giving us a great first Day, Stay tuned in on the challonge bracket Here and your respective Pool chat rooms. Until next time!
The recap says that @ H himemiya is 1-1 and that @ JayTheUnseen JayTheUnseen is 2-0 but the bracket says the opposite, so I was wondering if there was a mistake or something

victinivcreate1

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Wiiu4ssb4
3DS FC
3007-8585-6950
i like it this way. I've actually underdogged it so far. Hopefully it's off to final stage after this
But the way pools works is that you run it if there are 72 or more. This tourney has like a fourth of that.

Would be wayyy faster without it.

Last edited:

GabPR

Smash Lord
The recap says that @ H himemiya is 1-1 and that @ JayTheUnseen JayTheUnseen is 2-0 but the bracket says the opposite, so I was wondering if there was a mistake or something
Fixed
Why are there pools in a 25-30 man WiFi tourney lol

Who's the TO
Our reasoning behind this was to give players with little to no tournament experience as much playtime as posible. Double elimination did not serve this purpose so Round Robin was a clear choice, even if it took longer.

victinivcreate1

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Wiiu4ssb4
3DS FC
3007-8585-6950
Fixed

Our reasoning behind this was to give players with little to no tournament experience as much playtime as posible. Double elimination did not serve this purpose so Round Robin was a clear choice, even if it took longer.
But does round robin with 25 people pr so give them TRUE tourney experience? No other tourney runs round robin unless its 72+

Just something to think about.

Top Bottom