• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

- Project M Wifi Tournament - [Top 8]

Mean Green

Smash Lord
Last edited:

KingDozie

Smash Journeyman
I dont feel like dealing with this anymore im dropping. Unless we still doing dubz?

Mean Green

Smash Lord
I dont feel like dealing with this anymore im dropping. Unless we still doing dubz?
You're dropping too? Just schedule a match, it doesn't have to be played today. And yes, dubs are going on. Check the top of the OP.

dizzypink

Smash Lord
B Button Marths? You mean :roypm:?
But seriously, even though there was clearly more thought put into Roy's side B combos, I like Marth's a little better. That fourth swing down modifier just stays out there for so long, I've gotten spikes off of it on recovering characters, it's ridiculous and nobody expects it. On top of that, the third swing down modifier is actually a spike if you hit someone with it off the stage or on the ledge which adds a really stylish mixup when you're going up against someone who might not know Marth very well. They'll see you staying put instead of going for the spike and then get punished if they recover too low and too fast.

dizzypink

Smash Lord
Oh yeah btw guys, what should I do about doubles? waygu said he doesn't feel like playing today, hopeful for tomorrow but he didn't say anything about that yet.

Last edited:

Mean Green

Smash Lord
But seriously, even though there was clearly more thought put into Roy's side B combos, I like Marth's a little better. That fourth swing down modifier just stays out there for so long, I've gotten spikes off of it on recovering characters, it's ridiculous and nobody expects it. On top of that, the third swing down modifier is actually a spike if you hit someone with it off the stage or on the ledge which adds a really stylish mixup when you're going up against someone who might not know Marth very well. They'll see you staying put instead of going for the spike and then get punished if they recover too low and too fast.
I think Roy's dancing blade up-3 might be a spike.. Idk maybe just marth. And swing 4 pivot is really good when you hit shields and need to escape pressure, his dancing blade is just as good if not better.

Oh yeah btw guys, what should I do about doubles? waygu said he doesn't feel like playing today, hopeful for tomorrow but he didn't say anything about that yet.
Then wait till tomorrow, I didn't expect everyone to be here today anyway.

Last edited:

infestx

Smash Journeyman
@ Mean Green Mean Green is sort of right, side-up-3 is a meteor. It has more range than Marth side-down-3, and since Roy is more powerful DBing is a good kill option on fast-fallers.
TL;DR: Roy>>>>Marth

Last edited:

123123sora

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
4038-6256-4188
You'll never need to understand the terror of Pikachu edgeguards. .3.
if i ever go to a local tourney -which is highly unlikely seeing as i am unpracticed and there are around 0 tourneys near where I live- , I will be highly untrained against pikachus and i see this as a major weakness...

I wish i could just fix the wii myself but i wouldnt know where to begin

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Could it be something I do to you?
Perhaps EVERY TIME you roll?
Perchance is it my rising dair?
Couldn't be... =3=
It's just like you and Ice Climbers, you hate them AND thier concept! You hate IC because of having to babysit Nana and the idea of needing to do so if controlling two players at once. What does Marth demand that no other character does on the same level!? >.<

Last edited by a moderator:

123123sora

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
4038-6256-4188
It's just like you and Ice Climbers, you hate them AND thier concept! You hate IC because of having to babysit Nana and the idea of needing to do so if controlling two players at once. What does Marth demand that no other character does on the same level!? >.<
God, I love Ice climbers. They're hard to play but they are so fun as well.

dizzypink

Smash Lord
I'm not sure, Marth is pretty straightforward. If you're good with combos and techs, which you should be with all characters, you're likely to be a decent Marth. Mind spelling it out for me?

D

Deleted member

I'm not sure, Marth is pretty straightforward. If you're good with combos and techs, which you should be with all characters, you're likely to be a decent Marth. Mind spelling it out for me?
WHAT DO YOU CONSTANTLY NEED TO KEEP IN MIND TO MAKE SURE HIS HITS AREN'T AS POWERFUL AS CARDBOARD?!

infestx

Smash Journeyman
Hating Ice Climbers? That's not cool. (I'll see myself out)

dizzypink

Smash Lord
WHAT DO YOU CONSTANTLY NEED TO KEEP IN MIND TO MAKE SURE HIS HITS AREN'T AS POWERFUL AS CARDBOARD?!
To constantly be sending out lots of them? .3.
I honestly don't see what the stigma is with Marth's tippers, they're only an accent to a great character. Marth can do so much and totally wreck face even without getting tons of tippers. It is important at higher levels of play, but then so is desyncs with Ice Climbers, and I think that's actually pretty cool. If we could get a character with desyncs but without having to babysit Nana (read: Rosalina) then I'd main that character.
I'd main her really hard if you know what I mean...

Vantel Williams

Smash Apprentice
Can someone change nerk's set to wins because JayTheSeen give in for online play against him? lol Also would somebody fight him now. Dizzy you are here and and his set.

D

Deleted member

To constantly be sending out lots of them? .3.
I honestly don't see what the stigma is with Marth's tippers, they're only an accent to a great character. Marth can do so much and totally wreck face even without getting tons of tippers. It is important at higher levels of play, but then so is desyncs with Ice Climbers, and I think that's actually pretty cool. If we could get a character with desyncs but without having to babysit Nana (read: Rosalina) then I'd main that character.
I'd main her really hard if you know what I mean...
>: ( He still relies on them for everything. If you can't sweetspot all the time with Marth his moves will do horrible damage and knockback. It's too much to keep in mind all at once. Trust me, I've tried......
And his moves are bland and boring. Generic sword slash, Forward generic sword slash, faster generic sword slash... At least RROOOOYYY has a cool fire element added...And a bad recovery...

Top Bottom