• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

- Project M Wifi Tournament - [Top 8]

Mean Green

Smash Lord
Bracket here

GabPR says,
Welcome Guys,
The group Stage has ended!

The following are the players that will procede to top 8:
And as of now:

Singles Top 8 has commenced!
Due to some technical difficulties with the previous page, Here is the link to the new bracket: http://challonge.com/lagfisinglestop8
You are all free to commence any matches as they become available and have to report availability as soon as posible., any questions please ask away.

As a last note, the rest of the thread should be used for posting results or double specific questions. This is the recommended format we shall be using for reporting results, courtesy of @infestx

@username [In-game tag] - VERSUS - @username2 [In-game tag]

GAME 1: [Win/Loss] GAME 2: [Win/Loss] GAME 3: [Win/Loss] GAME 4: [Win/Loss] GAME 5: [Win/Loss]

Characters Used:
@username [example: :roypm:,:popo:] @username2 [example: :fox:,:falco:,:ganondorf:,:marth:]

SET TOTAL: Wins: [example: III for 3 wins] Losses: [example: I for 1 loss]

There will be no dedicated stream for the tournament, but you are free to record your own matches if you wish.
With all that said I wish you guys the best of luck, and remember, have fun :)

Tournament Rules.

Misc.
- The tournament organizers/hosts are the arbiters of all disputes. Any issues should be reported to one of us; we're listed at the bottom of this post. An issue brought to one host will be discussed with every one.

- Lying results in disqualification.

Pre-match
1. Remove all custom content that will cause desyncs.
- This includes stages, .rel files, sfx, and character files [textures, Fit(Character).pac, & FitMotionEtc.pac].

2. Switch items to OFF and None, & do not alter the standard Project M rules. (4 stock, 8 minutes, no buffer, etc.)

3. Create/Select a tag that can be easily identifiied with your smashboards account name.

4. (character selection)
a. The first character selection of a set, for both players, is always blind-pick.
b. Giga Bowser may not be selected.

5. (stage selection)
a. You may not select any stage on Page 2, or on the Page 1 top row [unless both players agree].
b. You may not select a stage on which you have previously won [unless both players agree].

During the match
1. Anything goes.

2. If you quit the match, you forfeit.
- Exceptions may be made and a pardon may or may not be granted by the tournament hosts.

3. Timed out matches will be determined by the remaining number of lives, then percentage of the current stock. In the event of a percentage tie, replay that match with 1 stock & 3 minutes. Sudden Death matches may not be played.

Post-match
1. During this tournament, save the replays. (For evidence, should a dispute occur)

2. Keep note of your wins and losses.

3. Match winner must announce any character switch to his opponent.

4. Continue the set under these rules, until one player reaches 3 wins.

5a. After your Best of 5 set, post a comment in the thread.
The comment should contain:
1- The opponent's smashboards name (linked, or preceeded by "@")
2- His tag during your set
3- A win/loss record, and
4- The character(s) you used.

Note
- Try postponing your matches, if you ever experience too much lag.
- *Check the Challonge page frequently. You may play your next opponent as soon as possible.*

============================

Entrants
- Boondocker / 1509-2388-4868
- Royal-X / 4857-5755-4773
- EarthboundHero / 5026-5891-0355
- Pr0fessor Flash / 1466-2895-1952
- Lord Fawful / 2239-3833-6706
- Dandy_Here / 1852-8367-3377
- JDavisR (NIX) / 1463-4892-3147
- GFooChombey / 1465-0939-8398
- SuperFightingRobotMM / 2926-5783-6322
- KingDozie / 4215-0680-1281

- Brian Comiskey / 0478 4470 4374
- ofna01 / 2883-6287-3828
- Scraket / 1461-9590-2994
- Reevo / 0822-0444-4836
- StubbyDK / 2582-9809-4708
- waygu / 5117-0115-0604
- GabPR / 0779-0946-9325
- Dizzypink / 4558-6657-1519
- himemiya / 2536-8323-3891
- GrubGrub / 0220-7487-4764
- Vantel Williams / 5287-2653-9284
- xoriff / 3613-7728-4066
- infestx / 5074-0619-7233
- Nerk / 1764-5987-6049
- PATH O__o / 0301-9717-6196
- MysticSkarps / CODE NEEDED
- Zukonima / 0174-7114-3160
- JayTheUnseen / 1981-6854-9277
- I Dair You / 4857-0893-6431
- TheGhostlyPidove / 4644-5647-8791
- 123123sora / 5031-1124-8412
- razell30 / 0820-0194-3049

TO's: GabPR waygu dizzypink H himemiya Pr0fessor Flash R Royal-X Mean Green Mean Green

This post will be updated frequently.

Last edited:

GFooChombey

Smash Ace
NNID
GFooChombey
I'm interested, I just want a few questions answered:

Traditionally I've seen a "host" player who SDs before the match actually starts. Are we going by that or is that a stream thing?
By recorded the results screen, do you mean take a picture and post it in the thread?
Can a friend, not necessarily a member of the forums, join?
How are character switches and bans decided?

Mean Green

Smash Lord
Just wondering if we can get a list of who's currently participating.
I was wondering if I should. I can ask, and I'll list them if people seem to be ok with it.

I'm interested, I just want a few questions answered:

Traditionally I've seen a "host" player who SDs before the match actually starts. Are we going by that or is that a stream thing?
By recorded the results screen, do you mean take a picture and post it in the thread?
Can a friend, not necessarily a member of the forums, join?
How are character switches and bans decided?
We're not doing hosts, that'll just add lag.You play your own matches and report the results.
Yes, you'd simply snap a picture with your phone and upload it, just to verify who won/lost.
Sure, but he'd probably need to make an account.
When we're done deciding that, I'll update the OP.

KingDozie

Smash Journeyman
I would like to join and also i hope there is a doubles on the side.

During the tournament, this is where related discussions will take place.
Post here, or reply to a flier you see posted in the wifi matchmaking thread, if you intend to enter.
Our current flier, courtesy of Dizzypink

=====================================
!!LagFi Little League Tournament Reminder!!
Ever wanted to enter a tournament?
No tournaments in your area?
Afraid to enter a tournament?
This is your chance to fight!
~ For Glory ~ For Recognition ~ For a Challenge ~ For Something New ~
~ For the Love of The Game ~ For Money uh...Practice? ~
Whatever you fight for, fight for real in this no stakes online PM tournament!
To enter, either respond to this post or send the user posting it a private message asking to be included.

~Rules~
All matches will be best of 5
All stages in the middle and bottom row are available to pick at all times
Giga Bowser forbidden
Quits and disconnects will be automatic rematches unless both players reach an agreement as to who won
Results screens of all matches must be recorded/agreed upon by both players involved
Cutoff date for entries is January 30th 2015 12:00 AM
Tournament will be in progress from January 31st onward until all matches are complete

It is also advised that you do not use custom content in this tournament to prevent disconnection or failure to play with any of the participants

This advertisement produced and distributed by Dizzy Pink of Team Chortles

[Get Ready]

=====================================

Current participants: 16-18.
I may host doubles on the side, if we reach 8 teams. Currently: 2.

Full rule-sheet & more information will be posted soon.

Credit to/Organized by: 5ully 5ully GabPR waygu dizzypink H himemiya

This post will be updated frequently.
i would like to enter

Royal-X

Smash Ace
Quick question.
"All stages in the middle and bottom row are available to pick at all times"
So does that means there's no counterpicking or banning or nah? Also sign me up for doubles too since it shouldn't be too hard to find a partner

Edit: Another question.
Will there be a loser's bracket?

Last edited:

PATH O__o

::The Pathological Trailmix::
3DS FC
0018-2341-8072
Can we like seriously adress that "quitting is an automatic rematch" rule? That has the potential to be abused so hard its not even funny lol
This.

The disconnects makes sense, since it's WiFi, and WiFail happens. But what's the logic behind the quit rule? Unless both parties agree to quit the match, I don't see how a quit warrants a rematch.

Unless both parties are okay with restarting the match, a quit shouldn't even happen, really.

Last edited:

JDavisR (NIX)

Smash Lord
NNID
Robertson1
3DS FC
2337-4618-3776
This.

The disconnects makes sense, since it's WiFi, and WiFail happens. But what's the logic behind the quit rule? Unless both parties agree to quit the match, I don't see how a quit warrants a rematch.

Unless both parties are okay with restarting the match, a quit shouldn't even happen, really.
See path agrees with me so I know I'm right. Automatically.

Mean Green

Smash Lord
@ R Royal-X @ JDavisR (NIX) JDavisR (NIX) @ P PATH O__o I recognized all that, which is why I haven't included rules in my shortened version of the flier. I actually posted that for someone to copy and paste since they were using it.

Quick question.
"All stages in the middle and bottom row are available to pick at all times"
So does that means there's no counterpicking or banning or nah? Also sign me up for doubles too since it shouldn't be too hard to find a partner

Edit: Another question.
Will there be a loser's bracket?
Rules are still being discussed, I'll post a pdf when it's done. And I'm not sure (to loser bracket question).

This.

I don't make the rules lol it's more of an ongoing discussion.

Last edited:
Top Bottom