• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

- Project M Wifi Tournament - [Top 8]

GabPR

Smash Lord
But does round robin with 25 people pr so give them TRUE tourney experience? No other tourney runs round robin unless its 72+

Just something to think about.
No harm done, we are doing this to provide something to the online community for the lack of PM tourneys. In the future if we feel up to it we might do double elim. ladder format. Plus, no one is complaining.

Pr0fessor Flash

Smash Master
NNID
Snake_Midwest
3DS FC
1993-8618-5171
No harm done, we are doing this to provide something to the online community for the lack of PM tourneys. In the future if we feel up to it we might do double elim. ladder format. Plus, no one is complaining.
Gives me more time to improve lol

JayTheUnseen

Smash Champion
I sort of wish it were brackets.
Of course, when my group is like a wasteland I could be a bit biased.

GabPR

Smash Lord
Yeah... I also was a bit disappointed in the attendance of Group A. Some people said that during the weekdays they would be more active though. So stay tuned to your chat.

himemiya

Smash Lord
You hoping to get to get bi's? Half n half for me.
Ok guys, its time of a recap! So far most pools have progressed steadily and some players have already finished most of their games. The top 2 for each pool and a short review.

Pool A
Thing have been slow in Pool A, so far only 6 matches, we expect some players to become more active during the weekdays.
I hope I remain dominant.:sadsheep:

JayTheUnseen

Smash Champion
You hoping to get to get bi's? Half n half for me.

I hope I remain dominant.:sadsheep:
Nah, just want to get the traditional tournament feel ( and the threat of having strictly scheduled matches may force more people to be on time )

D

Deleted member

yes, maybe next time.
Speaking of that kind of thing... how much time do you think it'll take between tournaments? .-. I don't want them to be too frequent or too far apart.

GabPR

Smash Lord
Speaking of that kind of thing... how much time do you think it'll take between tournaments? .-. I don't want them to be too frequent or too far apart.
This was our first try in doing a tournament, and as far as if there will be more or not is unclear atm.

waygu

Smash Lord
I'm not the one organizing here, but I think once every 2-3 weeks sounds fair.
i was asking for your opinion ^__^
bi weekly is what i had in mind as well.
i feel like doing smaller pools bi weekly is very doable and lets the lower end players still get matches and the 'next time i'll make it to bracket' motivation

D

Deleted member

i feel like doing smaller pools bi weekly is very doable and lets the lower end players still get matches and the 'next time i'll make it to bracket' motivation
Anything to compensate for my disgusting results. :awesome:

himemiya

Smash Lord
I always wanted to continue my nightowl series or do a theme'd tourney but those where done on brawl though. Maybe I'll do a pm edition of nightowl in the future. Just wanted to say that.

I Dair You

Smash Ace
NNID
mike824
3DS FC
0834-4241-7942
This tourney needed normal rules (bo3 double elimination bracket with stage bans.) The ruleset was horrible with bo5 round robin pools and no bans. Also there was no mention to what stages were available as CPs and whether Daves Stupid Rule/Daves Modified Stupid Rule were in effect. The TOs also were not very helpful when I asked questions regarding bans and DSR. To top it off I get called "salty" for bringing up these issues. Im convinced the TOs have never entered or even watched an offline tournament themselves.

Paradoxium

Smash Master
That's kinda why I didn't join lol, but this is the first one they hosted, cut them some slack

Last edited:

EarthboundHero

Smash Ace
NNID
DutMob_A1
This tourney needed normal rules (bo3 double elimination bracket with stage bans.) The ruleset was horrible with bo5 round robin pools and no bans. Also there was no mention to what stages were available as CPs and whether Daves Stupid Rule/Daves Modified Stupid Rule were in effect. The TOs also were not very helpful when I asked questions regarding bans and DSR. To top it off I get called "salty" for bringing up these issues. Im convinced the TOs have never entered or even watched an offline tournament themselves.
Bro...It's not that serious. And LOL. you can't ban stages on wifi set. It was just narrowed down to any stage located within the bottom 2 rows can be played on. You pick one and he picks one. It's random bro get over it please. You're hella salty. So salty you left @Vantel Williams to feel the salt with you and not even have a fighting chance at doubles.

Saltiness loves company I guess.

EarthboundHero

Smash Ace
NNID
DutMob_A1
That's kinda why I didn't join lol, but this is the first one they hosted, cut them some slack
Lol bro, I kinda like the way this is set up bro. once there's alot more people and all, the pools will be nice and full and maybe ran through xat chat. Idk get DaBessDi to Pool chats in little sub chats of the group.

I Dair You

Smash Ace
NNID
mike824
3DS FC
0834-4241-7942
lol you can ban over the wifi set, its called communicating with your opponent through tags or smashboards. And besides, arent you the terrible Ness I 4 stocked in dittos? If theres anyone that could benefit from playing in a serious competitive environment, its you.

Mean Green

Smash Lord
This guy lurked the thread all day yesterday even after he quit, and is just now coming back to say something. Wow. I called him salty because he lost to Scraket and quit, then ignored me when I asked if he was going to just ditch his teammate (which he did) and forced me to remake the team bracket, which I had just finished.

He keeps bringing this up, so let me just put this out there. 1st the stage selection rules were in the OP, if it doesn't mention CP's/bans, that means we aren't doing that. And 2nd, Everyone in the discussion had pretty much decided that it'd be best to do RR pools and Bo5's all throughout (to maximize playing time, as we didn't expect many entrants). Idk a thing about TO'ing but if the choice was mine, tbh I probably would've went with Bo5's in semis/finals only. Maybe we'll do that next time, if there is one.

Last edited:

GFooChombey

Smash Ace
NNID
GFooChombey
@ I Dair You I Dair You - Your criticisms are valid, but I called you salty because of this:
Scrack won, im dropping out. Best of 5 is gay and unheard of. especially when i gotta deal with this guys dial up cross country connection. I just remembered why I hate Online tournaments. Have fun with your lag fest.

Hopefully in the future we will have a set of starters/CPs, but I think best of 5 worked out since we are playing at our leisure. Extra practice never hurt anybody.

Edit: If you didn't notice, everyone in our pool was communicating bans in the message and I'm sure other pools did the same.

Last edited:

Mean Green

Smash Lord
Lol that's 3 people. It must be true then. :p
Everything one needs to know is right there in those 2 sentences in the rules that mention "stage selection". Idk who told anyone that there would be stage bans.

Paradoxium

Smash Master
Damn the kid Scrack shats down this guys throat, and then ma nigga rage quits. smh, the type of **** that goes down on wifi.

Last edited:

himemiya

Smash Lord
Yes I agree I'm a newfag, I don't know what I'm doing.

Top Bottom