• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Unbound : NEXT CHARACTER HAS BEEN DECIDED

ELITEWarri0r115

Smash Ace
Just wanted to say thanks for all the effort you guys put into this. I check this and the DIY thread everyday and am dying for the update for both so i can start a custom build and enjoy unbound with my friends. I wish i could help but I'm pretty inexperienced with this stuff. Thanks again!

p.s

You guys should add Skull Kid, Ridley, Shadow, Knuckles, Tails, VIllager, Megaman, Zero, Viewtiful Joe, Rayman, Bomberman, FIerce Deity Link, Waluigi, Dark Samus, King K Rool, Tails, and any other smash 4 characters :D
At the top of this page, there are links and you can add them on your own. and go on another section on the project m area on this site for a project m that added ridley, but removed pit.

Last edited:
Bugs found so far:
-Pichu randomly stands in a "T" formation with an electrical field around it and even grows large as Pikachu
-Voices and sounds for Mewtwo,Roy,and Pikachu are missing and Megaman's side taunt scared me with the boss roar
-Pichu tends to phase thru the floor when moving
-Megaman feels stiff...like very stiff...like a robot made of wood
-Highlighting either Megaman or Pichu makes game crash when in Classic Mode
-Pichu's Up-B doesn't hurt it nor does some of the other shock type moves

That's all i found for now but I'll test it again in the morning cause I am pooped.
wait? megaman??????

Sonic_the_hedgehog1985

Smash Rookie
NNID
sasuke198509
3DS FC
2707-2780-3359
i made a lil mod to project m unbound and added some new characters to it erasing olimar and replacing him with scourge the hedgehog, also i replaced sonic with shadow, but i need help changing the portraits and having the characters uses the right sounds and voice clips, help please Project M Unbound +

Sonic_the_hedgehog1985

Smash Rookie
NNID
sasuke198509
3DS FC
2707-2780-3359
https://www.dropbox.com/s/52nnf7kntbt8sll/project m unbound +.Zip?dl=0 i made a couple of changes to the project m unbound mod, adding a couple of characters like scourge over olimar and shadow over sonic, could someone help me and fix the sounds and menu portraits, shadow should sound like his voice from shadow the hedgehog and scourge should sound like the werehog, minus the pikmin sounds, also could someone clone sonic into it, i'd appreciate the help

zigheart

Smash Apprentice
Just an update from the DiY team, seems that Ty is going to be too busy to really keep up with the project, he's passing lead of the project to Sirkura. Overall we've been pretty silent, however we did find a few things out, seems to be a change in coding how some clones work and behave, specifically Marth/Zelda. We are trying to track down some freezes in match (freezes when getting a smash ball and at results, seemingly random) i am not sure how far we will be able to get without someone more versed in PSA.

If you need either of us feel free to PM me here or Sirks on KC-MM

DroiteSorel

Smash Rookie
So, I'm having problems Downloading from the Google docs link, and don't really want to scroll through 69 pages of schisse to see if there are any better download links. Can someone help me?

syncere843

Smash Rookie
Is anyone else having music issues with 3.6 beta? If so is there a fix? Im a newbie to this forum biz so my apologies if im posting this in the "wrong" area or whatever.

TopazPhoenix

Smash Apprentice
Is anyone else having music issues with 3.6 beta? If so is there a fix? Im a newbie to this forum biz so my apologies if im posting this in the "wrong" area or whatever.
This is the wrong forum, you should be posting here for problems with 3.6 Beta. As for audio issues, defragment your SD card and reinstall. The audio gets corrupted if you replace the files instead of deleting them then putting in the new files.

syncere843

Smash Rookie
This is the wrong forum, you should be posting here for problems with 3.6 Beta. As for audio issues, defragment your SD card and reinstall. The audio gets corrupted if you replace the files instead of deleting them then putting in the new files.
Thanx for directing me and correcting the issue. I'll try that when I get off work. 'ppreciated that.

Zach777

Smash Journeyman
Hi Guys. I have been trying to add more characters into PM Unbound and have been running into difficulties. As of now, I have only tried adding a Mario clone. Here are the problems I am facing.

1. Character is shown as Lucina on the character grid.

2. It says the name of the character is Lucina on the character grid and on the portraits.

3. For some reason, my character soft crashes my Wii After I select a stage. He used to work fine.

I gave followed the Brawl Ex instructions and troubleshooting, but they still don't correct my problems. Is there anything special I have to do for Ex characters to work in Unbound? Thanks for any advice. It is appreciated.

zigheart

Smash Apprentice
Just an update, we are currently working on PM 3.6 for DiY, we will keep you posted. decrypting the GCT now.

TopazPhoenix

Smash Apprentice
Hi Guys. I have been trying to add more characters into PM Unbound and have been running into difficulties. As of now, I have only tried adding a Mario clone. Here are the problems I am facing.

1. Character is shown as Lucina on the character grid.

2. It says the name of the character is Lucina on the character grid and on the portraits.

3. For some reason, my character soft crashes my Wii After I select a stage. He used to work fine.

I gave followed the Brawl Ex instructions and troubleshooting, but they still don't correct my problems. Is there anything special I have to do for Ex characters to work in Unbound? Thanks for any advice. It is appreciated.
I'd check the config files. It sounds like they refer to the wrong cosmetics, and the character files they refer to are absent. Did you set up the configs and cosmetics before, or did you toss in ones from a pack?

Zach777

Smash Journeyman
I modified ones from a pack because it was easier. Fighter46Ex is the name and I have my CSSslot config and cosmetic config set right. The pictures(even the stock icons) are in my sc-selcharacter.pac file and are labeled correctly. I am pretty sure I have the character's in-match portraits and results pictures set up too. Will check that.

Has anyone successfully added characters to the roster in PM Unbound?

By the way, I double checked my character's module and it was set to the right Ex slot and has no id conflicts.

TopazPhoenix

Smash Apprentice
I modified ones from a pack because it was easier. Fighter46Ex is the name and I have my CSSslot config and cosmetic config set right. The pictures(even the stock icons) are in my sc-selcharacter.pac file and are labeled correctly. I am pretty sure I have the character's in-match portraits and results pictures set up too. Will check that.

Has anyone successfully added characters to the roster in PM Unbound?

By the way, I double checked my character's module and it was set to the right Ex slot and has no id conflicts.
Hmm... Are you changing the IDs in the actual file, or are you just changing the file name?

Last edited:

Zach777

Smash Journeyman
I modified the contents of all the config files as well as changed their names. Interesting thing to note, the character portrait in the CSS screen shows the appropriate picture. Thanks for the help, @ TopazPhoenix TopazPhoenix

TheFadedWarrior

Smash Journeyman
NNID
MortifiedPanda
your website redirects me to a virus website
unbound confirmed virus

call mods

call admins

call the cops

On a side note, this project is 100% dead, even the leader hasn't logged in since February 8th. Also no new news since way before that.

NNID
biscut0426
3DS FC
5129-3694-1023
On a side note, this project is 100% dead, even the leader hasn't logged in since February 8th. Also no new news since way before that.
No, we're not dead. @ jasgx jasgx might not be as active, but I can assure you that the team is working it's butt off to bring a new & improved version of Unbound.
We're not dead. Just very, very inactive.

Last edited:

TheFadedWarrior

Smash Journeyman
NNID
MortifiedPanda
No, we're not dead. @ jasgx jasgx might not be as active, but I can assure you that the team is working it's butt off to bring a new & improved version of Unbound.
3.6b?

And who the hell is this "next character"

And are you really working your butt off? I wasn't aware PM Unbound has anything other than new characters. That's be awesome if it had more though.

Last edited:

zigheart

Smash Apprentice
unbound confirmed virus

call mods

call admins

call the cops

IIRC Jasgx was the one who decrypted the codes for unbound. he hasn't been here in some time, that DOES NOT mean however the project is dead. Unbound and DiY go hand in hand and are currently both in progress. there was a LOT of info posted in the last 3 months alone on the forum for DiY. expect it to be slow, as sirkura has taken up decrypting the GCT on her own. she is certainly making progress, you should all follow that thread as well as this one for updates to adding BeX to PM, added feed back would also be encouraging to for her to work harder,

you can find the threads here:

Original DiY Thread: http://forums.kc-mm.com/index.php?topic=71445.0
Much of sirkura's notes and past progress can be found here specifically pages 3, 10, 13 i believe. please don't reply in that one as a newer thread has been made that's easier for her to keep track of anything she finds with the GCT.
New DiY Thread: http://forums.kc-mm.com/index.php?topic=74722.0
The current thread for DiY, its not very much eye candy and is still being organised, however reply there and it is checked daily. Sirks and myself will be upkeeping that thread and checking this one regularly
And lastly, we have gotten the clone engine successfully working with 3.5, we are working on 3.6 now. if anyone would like to drastically speed up the progress, it would help if someone could compile the BeX files together so we can focus on the codeset.

some things that need to be done:
Add the CSS and roster expansion to the PM 3.6 menu (it's literally replacing 2 misc data in common 5 and adding common 2)
edit config files for the extra costumes and psa related code, things like (mewtwo/link have rapid jab, samus has crawl)
General feedback, its nice, helps us know what bugs are still around and need to be ironed out and keeps the project active.​

TheFadedWarrior

Smash Journeyman
NNID
MortifiedPanda
Let's not get rude.
I was worried that would come off the wrong way. The next character thing I'm just really curious, it was said a long time ago, and even though the leader is inactive and they're not done with the project, I just figured that by this time we would already know.

As for the "are you really working your butt off?" I wasn't thinking/saying that in a doubtful way. I now realize how horribly I worded that. I was merely asking. Disregard that entire post.

oddzxc

Smash Cadet
Admins should lock this thread already, the project have been abandoned. I am fully aware of the previous comments stating it is "still " going on. But let's look at the facts, the website is down, no new recent news, even the op won't respond. The people who claim that this mod is still being worked on is clearly cannot look at the evidence presented in front of them. The PM team will not release a character add on script for future updates(4.0 and so on) because they are too busy trying to make a pal version and fixing the bugs in 3.6. On the side note, if the project does get updated (which is at this case it is a 3% likely) it will not include much. So please do not take it the wrong way, everyone have lives and cannot work at the speed everyone can hope for .

tldr: do not hope for unbound because it will not come and will slowly die

Top Bottom